Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

You are 100% right Greg. We just need to keep pretending you are not for Stecker. So expect it to continue that you are wrong here. Just know deep down in your heart that you are right and move on.

Who is Stecker please? I seem to recall the name Ken being associated with the name, but cannot recall how.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have suggested a path that is certain to lead to arrest under the current case law. I can only imagine the proprietor of a locker bay ranting to the police that he can't be arrested along with the caregiver and any employees because he was not aware of the chain of custody.

This will not work, and the discussion is totally lame.

Will you cite that case law please?

You have suggested a path that is certain to lead to arrest under the current case law. I can only imagine the proprietor of a locker bay ranting to the police that he can't be arrested along with the caregiver and any employees because he was not aware of the chain of custody.

This will not work, and the discussion is totally lame.

10 minutes of googling about storage facilities would tell you that much. They are nothing new to criminals or law enforcement. You are going to have to intervene or he will continue for years like this.

yes.

that will be the charge against you.

just like Bethany here.

they will charge you with conspiracy as well.

they threw the book at her.

i have a list somewhere of the original charges...it was unreal..

i had no idea such laws were even on the books.

they pounded her to send a message.

they will also pound the owners of a locker exchange system.

and that's what it ultimately is.

call it what you want, camouflage it...

it is what it is..

and you can and would be charged if you set it up.

the paperwork for a self storage facility is contractually binding on both parties.

however only to the extent you can prove you have no actual knowledge. if i saw them hide a stolen car.. and didn't call the police...i am guilty.

as the owners...you can not market and allow use of this system without knowledge of it happening.

to plead ignorance will not suffice.

ask Bethany.

or any other property owner who has been charged.

The last thing I am trying to do is hide it. It has potential to offer patients reasonable access to legitimate sources of mj. If they see value in it, and abide by the law, there is no more risk than they are willing to take.

Bethany who?

I have explained this at length and in detail, and am more than a little surprised that folks continue to ask questions and make comments. I agree that it has played overly long and hard, but that does not explain their continued interest in the topic.

He's the one who reads your posts here and makes suggestions to the prosecuting attorneys across Michigan. He's not a person you should be forgetting about.

Hell. Glad to have him on board. I am looking to establish a workable and legal system, and would love to hear his comments.

How about it pal?

the despense and bad dr.'s are what caused all of the problems in the first place, period! and of course people working underground under the guise they are pt's and c.g's, I think the state is cleaning them up pretty good, bottom line if you dont want to get arrested dont break the laws, and keep you lips zipped!

Good points Jim.

I would be arrested on an assumption that can be readily refuted?

I had two friends just a few years ago, here in Michigan, that were arrested for pocketknives. They were little folding knives, like a Boy Scout knife, completely legal. They were arrested, had to be bailed out. Mal and I had to drive almost an hour to go get them because they were in a different county, and they were dragged through the court system for several months before they were acquitted on the grounds that the knives they had were completely legal. They even got they're pocket knives back.

So, yes, you can be arrest on an assumption that can be readily refuted.

Here's a cool side to this story that goes to show how different the UP can be at times:

When Mal and I got to the county jail, only one of the two guys was there. The deputies had let the other one walk down to the ATM at a gas station a couple blocks away so he could get the bail money for both of them. No guard, nothing.

You make some good points phaq. I do not see this as a great, monolithic venture, but something that would work as small, unconnected, diverse, and decentralized access points for the public at large to store their legitimate property.

We all have our ways and questions, we/I would love to make it so no one has to do w/o, if we had some what of a daisy chain, and Im not talking pyrimid, you dont even have to have 5 pts, every pt/c.g should have a pt/cg in the next county to them, when one of the c.g's have an issue they can count on their c.g over in the next county to help make up for their pts, now im not talking a money making scheme or anything for free, unless some one has it and wants to donate it to another c.g's pt who has a cg legaly connected to me lets say, I wouldnt have to drive no farther than the edge of my county to transfer legaly to my pt, who is a c.g to 5 pt's or 1, we would all have to have the same price for transfers, or we could just plain out barder, but if the c.g some one is supplying legaly cant wait till next crop, they will have to pay for it, so it would be nice if we kept our prices all close, (i personaly think 200 a zip is good) This way does not requier a locker set up, it is a face to face meeting, not pt to pt but c.g to registered pt thru the registry, and yea you could bring them 2.5 in the morning and 2.5 for lunch and 2.5 for dinner!

Peace

Jim

I have explained this at length and in detail, and am more than a little surprised that folks continue to ask questions and make comments. I agree that it has played overly long and hard, but that does not explain their continued interest in the topic.

Almost as much as you spent explaining to us about why P2P was legal.....oh no wait, you did that for years.

Seriously Greg, you seem to be a smart guy. Why not turn that talent to figuring out how to get CGs and PTs together legitimately and legally, and use the 1 CG/5 PT method. Instead of figuring out how to make money off of drop points, how about figuring out better ways for new PTs to meet established, reliable CGs. There's probably money to be made there too.

It's pretty darn good. Before I do though, please explain how this would go down.

How would infiltration go down? Same as it always does.

All LEO needs is an "anonymous tip" and they can bring the dogs through. They can even call it in themselves, after all it's anonymous.

Or, I assume you would have some kind of advertising in which case all they would need to do is ask you a few questions about the operation.

Or, a disgruntled customer could turn you in.

Or, a disgruntled patient who didn't get his free oz. might decide to turn you in just to spite the caregiver.

Or, the smell from numerous lockers full of cannabis would draw attention.

Or, they might already be tailing someone who is known to engage in illegal drug sales (who I assume would be the ones attracted to an operation like this in the first place).

Or, someone on this very board is reading this from his desk down at the station and is just waiting for you to open for business. (I'm 100% sure that this happens, why go door to door when some moron hands you his butt on a silver platter.)

Just the fact that a business renting lockers, unless you put it in a bus station, seems a little odd on the face of it. LEO is trained to notice things out of the ordinary and it would draw some kind of attention. Even if it was, "I can store the stuff I stole on my last raid in these little lockers. Hey, wait a minute, is that a marijuana leaf on the floor?".

I still can't see any need, desire or justification for something like this. You are adding an unnecessary layer of danger by bringing your transfers out into the public domain. When the transfer takes place in the caregiver/patients home there is no reason anyone else would ever know about it.

Anything can happen when you take it to the streets from burglaries to fires to traffic accidents. Each one a possible entry point for an investigation.

How would infiltration go down? Same as it always does.

All LEO needs is an "anonymous tip" and they can bring the dogs through. They can even call it in themselves, after all it's anonymous.

Or, I assume you would have some kind of advertising in which case all they would need to do is ask you a few questions about the operation.

Or, a disgruntled customer could turn you in.

Or, a disgruntled patient who didn't get his free oz. might decide to turn you in just to spite the caregiver.

Or, the smell from numerous lockers full of cannabis would draw attention.

Or, they might already be tailing someone who is known to engage in illegal drug sales (who I assume would be the ones attracted to an operation like this in the first place).

Or, someone on this very board is reading this from his desk down at the station and is just waiting for you to open for business. (I'm 100% sure that this happens, why go door to door when some moron hands you his butt on a silver platter.)

Just the fact that a business renting lockers, unless you put it in a bus station, seems a little odd on the face of it. LEO is trained to notice things out of the ordinary and it would draw some kind of attention. Even if it was, "I can store the stuff I stole on my last raid in these little lockers. Hey, wait a minute, is that a marijuana leaf on the floor?".

I still can't see any need, desire or justification for something like this. You are adding an unnecessary layer of danger by bringing your transfers out into the public domain. When the transfer takes place in the caregiver/patients home there is no reason anyone else would ever know about it.

Anything can happen when you take it to the streets from burglaries to fires to traffic accidents. Each one a possible entry point for an investigation.

How about it Zap? Permission to respond?

Heres the main problem Greg,... Track Record.

You have been consistantly wrong for years.

Maybe you should slow down for a minute and listen to what the people say that have been RIGHT for years are saying.

:-)

This has been some wild fun and excitement over the locker thing. It was last summer during the legislative wars that I was last as engaged, and thanks for your comments and criticisms.

I could explain the agenda with my insistence regarding p2p, but at this point, and given the clear headed folks here, to include me, it is likely considered a long shot that anyone would take it seriously or understand. So enjoy your smug satisfactions, as am I, and we will look forward to the next dose of crazy schit to come along.

Umm, I am just about fu--ed up enough to step out a little. Bipolar disorder is a muthrfukker. With people who have the condion, when their moods are on they are waaaaay on, and when off they are waaaaaay off. Many of us use gange as a mood stabilizer and anxiolytic. It is not enough, in and of itself, to control symptoms for everyone who uses it for this purpose. None of the pharmaceuticals used to treat have total efficiacy for all patients either, in my experience.