Law Enforcers Raid 22 Businesses, Homes And Warehouses Connected To Suspected Marijuana Grow Operations

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Law enforcers raid 22 businesses, homes and warehouses connected to suspected marijuana grow operations

State, county and federal police agencies in connection with the state Attorney General's Office have raided 22 properties in Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw and Jackson counties at the conclusion of a seven-month investigation into illegal marijuana cultivation and sales.

The investigation yielded over 500 plants, "a large quantity of processed marijuana," multiple weapons and "several" arrests, according to a press release issued by the state police Monday.

Police targeted private businesses, homes and warehouses.

"One of the residences that was part of the investigation was the home in Ypsilanti that exploded" Sunday, state police said.

Agencies that participated in the lengthy investigation: State police, , ATF, FBI, ATF Combined Violent Reduction Partnership, Washtenaw County Sheriff Department, Livonia Police Department, Northville Township Police Department, Canton Township Department of Public Safety, Plymouth Township Police Department, Western Wayne Special Operations Team and the   Michigan State Police Emergency Support Team.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/07/law_enforcers_raid_22_business.html

Edited by Natesilver

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 plants in 22 locations?  That's only 23 plant average per location.  Sure, some may not have had plants, but they throw the 500 number out to make it sound enourmous.  When really it isn't that much per location.

And anyone who would process with tane indoors deserves to blow up.

Officials: Ypsilanti Township house explosion could have been drug-related

The Ypsilanti Township house that exploded Sunday was scheduled to be raided Monday as part of an investigation into a vast marijuana growing operation, police said.

"We never had the chance because the house blew up," said Lt. Michael Shaw of the Michigan State Police.

Ypsilanti Township Fire Marshal Vic Chevrette confirmed Monday afternoon that investigators were trying to determine if butane buildup associated with growing marijuana at the home had anything to do with the explosion.

“That has not been determined yet,” he said. “It could very well be.”

Shaw said evidence found in the house after the explosion leads officials to believe the explosion and subsequent fire could be caused by the butane.

The house was one of 22 locations in Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw and Jackson Counties where search warrants were set to be executed Monday morning, according to a release from state police.

Chevrette said Monday morning that a man trying to relight a water heater initialed the blast. Shaw could not confirm if the man, who was seen running from the home in the 1300 block of Gattegno Street, will face criminal charges.

Officials said the man remains in the University of Michigan Burn Unit.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/officials-ypsilanti-township-house-explosion-could-have-been-drug-related/

Don't buy into LEO's propaganda about amounts or "bombs" - they want to make it as "spectacular" as possible - usually when and if it gets presented in court with a decent cross examination it is often found these amounts don't hold up (weigh plants dirt and all, even a leaf is a plant, fireworks are "bombs" -- notice how close to July 4 it is).

Bottom line people don't buy into the propaganda - everything in the "news" is filter and edited for mass consumption/entertainment - and intentionally written propaganda for LEO. Wait for the Cross-Examination (as I hope these People plan on a LONG court battle if they spent money doing this).

MHO the best thing We in Mich can do is to make, through complaints - the Patient Caregiver Linking -- and the Cards, to be instant and online (Just like SOS is and has been DOING for Decades):

WHAT IF YOU COULD AS A CAREGIVER, ADD ANY M.M.MARIJUANA PROGRAM CARD HOLDING PATIENT, TO YOUR 5 PATIENT "LIST" INSTANTLY (AND AS INSTANT REMOVE "OLD ONES")?

This would end these senseless arrests and raids - the law currently states Caregivers and Patients LINKED THROUGH THE REGISTRY are the only way to legally " transfer" MMJ - that's it. Outside of that

(if you want to win in Court that is) your in violation of the MMAct - so lets make the Current Act actually work -- "the State" (LARA) intentionally is slow, paperbased, and does not even comply with the Law as written AND NO ONE IS SCREAMING ABOUT THIS !!! Complain on paper people !

This is where We all need to concentrate. The are duping everyone as the MM Program SHOULD process the Card and CG applications INSTANTLY and We could then print out "CG List" as proof, then and there. Hard copy if ever challenged (As it takes months even YEARS to get to trial)

Walk in or online service just like the SOS Does ! Why is the SOS so good at maintaining  millions persons drivers lic. and this "other" dept. Michigan Medical Marijuana Program cannot do 150k in 20 days (and never had even with their so called printer upgrade a year or so ago) ? THINK PEOPLE, they are intentionally setting people up - and We or most are not raising Hell about it !!!

Until other Laws come online that is it in MICH. So lets get LARA to do their job and petition to use Tech - online accounts - so CG and Patients can link (and unlink) at will -- this would end this nonsense, but We

have been taking this slow as molasses and paper based system sitting down -- and the above tweaks would resolve it and end this nonsense (as I could add somene to my 5 patients and print out proof, and then do a

transaction -- think about it *(and any suggestions why this would or would not work are welcome)

M

Edited by Murph

MHO the best thing We in Mich can do is to make, through complaints - the Patient Caregiver Linking -- and the Cards, to be instant and online (Just like SOS is and has been for Decades):

WHAT IF YOU COULD AS A CAREGIVER, ADD ANY M.M.MARIJUANA PROGRAM CARD HOLDING PATIENT, TO YOUR 5 PATIENT "LIST" INSTANTLY (AND AS INSTANT REMOVE "OLD ONES")?

This would end these senseless arrests and raids - the law currently states Caregivers and Patients LINKED THROUGH THE REGISTRY are the only way to legally " transfer" MMJ - that's it. Outside of that

(if you want to win in Court that is).

Until other Laws come online that is it in MICH. So lets get LARA to do their job and petition to use Tech - online accounts - so CG and Patients can link (and unlink) at will -- this would end this nonsense, but We

have been taking this slow as molasses and paper based system sitting down -- and the above tweaks would resolve it and end this nonsense (as I could add somene to my 5 patients and print out proof, and then do a

transaction -- think about it *(and any suggestions why this would or would not work are welcome)

M

interesting idea...

Don't buy into LEO's propaganda about amounts or "bombs" - they want to make it as "spectacular" as possible - usually when and if it gets presented in court with a decent cross examination it is often found these amounts don't hold up (weigh plants dirt and all, even a leaf is a plant, fireworks are "bombs" -- notice how close to July 4 it is).

Bottom line people don't buy into the propaganda - everything in the "news" is filter and edited for mass consumption/entertainment - and intentionally written propaganda for LEO. Wait for the Cross-Examination (as I hope these People plan on a LONG court battle if they spent money doing this).

MHO the best thing We in Mich can do is to make, through complaints - the Patient Caregiver Linking -- and the Cards, to be instant and online (Just like SOS is and has been DOING for Decades):

(if you want to win in Court that is) your in violation of the MMAct - so lets make the Current Act actually work -- "the State" (LARA) intentionally is slow, paperbased, and does not even comply with the Law as written AND NO ONE IS SCREAMING ABOUT THIS !!! Complain on paper people !

This is where We all need to concentrate. The are duping everyone as the MM Program SHOULD process the Card and CG applications INSTANTLY and We could then print out "CG List" as proof, then and there. Hard copy if ever challenged (As it takes months even YEARS to get to trial)

Walk in or online service just like the SOS Does ! Why is the SOS so good at maintaining  millions persons drivers lic. and this "other" dept. Michigan Medical Marijuana Program cannot do 150k in 20 days (and never had even with their so called printer upgrade a year or so ago) ? THINK PEOPLE, they are intentionally setting people up - and We or most are not raising Hell about it !!!

M

Well I think we both know why that won't work. Who would LEO be able to arrest?

Well they must have had a dog, or one was close by as you see it running away before the first neighbor with his own other dog run towards the home to see about people and things.  Wow.  I hope everyone was alright?  Looks pretty scary.

Peace...

"Ypsilanti Township Fire Marshal Vic Chevrette confirmed Monday afternoon that investigators were trying to determine if butane buildup associated with growing marijuana at the home had anything to do with the explosion. “That has not been determined yet,” he said. “It could very well be.” Shaw said evidence found in the house after the explosion leads

officials to believe the explosion and subsequent fire could be caused by the butane."

That was not a butane explosion, the Fuking ceiling jumped off the house.

" Chevrette said Monday morning that a man trying to relight a water heater initialed the blast. Shaw could not confirm if the man, who was seen running from the home in the 1300 block of Gattegno Street, will face criminal charges."

"Ypsilanti Township Fire Marshal Vic Chevrette confirmed Monday afternoon that investigators were trying to determine if butane buildup associated with growing marijuana at the home had anything to do with the explosion. “That has not been determined yet,” he said. “It could very well be.” Shaw said evidence found in the house after the explosion leads

officials to believe the explosion and subsequent fire could be caused by the butane."

That was not a butane explosion, the Fuking ceiling jumped off the house.

" Chevrette said Monday morning that a man trying to relight a water heater initialed the blast. Shaw could not confirm if the man, who was seen running from the home in the 1300 block of Gattegno Street, will face criminal charges."

You would have to pump one heck of a lot of butane into a house to make an explosion like that, wouldn't you?

I wonder if that man seen running from the house was the same one we just saw on the video.  You know the one - black guy, squat build, tail.

Shaw said evidence found in the house after the explosion leads officials to believe the explosion and subsequent fire could be caused by the butane.

Umm, I grow and I have not once had a build up of butane...  In fact, I don't use butane for my grow, and all my research leads me to believe that butane is NOT a by product of growing...

I think they MUST have meant propane or natural gas...  But they are trying to make people afraid so no one will want a grower to live next door.

Umm, I grow and I have not once had a build up of butane...  In fact, I don't use butane for my grow, and all my research leads me to believe that butane is NOT a by product of growing...

I think they MUST have meant propane or natural gas...  But they are trying to make people afraid so no one will want a grower to live next door.

:goodjob:

But they worded it as though butane is used to process large amounts of marijuana. They try to make it sound like if you process large amounts of marijuana then you use butane which is total bs. You only use butane if you are making bho but they want everyone to think it is part of the growing  process...... MORE PROPAGANDA.......

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/hundreds-of-boxes-of-butane-assault-rifle-and-pit-bull-discovered-as-authorities-sift-through-debris/

Officials who have been sifting through the debris of the house that exploded Sunday in Ypsilanti Township have made several interesting discoveries, officials said Tuesday.

Ypsilanti Township Fire Marshal Vic Chevrette, who was still at the scene Tuesday afternoon, said officials discovered hundreds of boxes containing thousands of 15-ounce canisters of butane, which is still being investigated as a cause of the explosion.

An assault rifle and bags of marijuana were taken away from the home on Gattegno Street Monday, as was a pit bull, who was trapped underneath a collapsed wall but rescued by authorities, Chevrette said.

The 25-year-old man who fled from the home with his clothes on fire remains at U-M Hospital, where he was listed Monday in critical condition.

The woman and infant seen running from the home are still unaccounted for, Chevrette said.

The investigation into what caused the fire continued Tuesday, but a large cache of butane might be the cause. Officials said drug dealers use the butane to essentially extract THC from all parts of the marijuana plant to make what is called hash oil.

Butane-extracted hash oil is emerging in stoner culture as a way to achieve an intense high, described as “cosmically baked,” according to a June 2013 Rolling Stone article.

It also can be easily made at home: Marijuana is packed into a tube and a solvent, such as butane, is forced through it.

The liquid is collected and the solvent is evaporated — leaving a highly concentrated THC-laced resin that can vary in its final consistency from hard crystals to earwax-like goop.

The majority of the canisters were found in the garage, where the hash oil-making process was definitely going on, Chevrette said.

Authorities were still sifting through the rubble Tuesday to see if it was also going on in the basement, which could have caused the house to explode from something as simple as lighting a cigarette, Chevrette said.

“This house was pretty tight,” he added.

One of the implements related to making the hash oil was already located in the basement, leading authorities to believe there was some butane in the house as well as the garage.

But officials are not ruling out other possible causes of the fire, many of which are also related to the 25-year-old man's alleged marijuana grow operation, which was scheduled to be raided along with 21 other location across southeast Michigan Monday morning.

The house blew up before a search warrant could be executed, police said.

Chevrette said any number of items recovered by officials could be related to the explosion: the water heater, the hydroponic grow lights, furnace and the grow operation's filtration system.

The cause has been narrowed down to the butane or to natural gas inside the home, not in the gas lines leading to it, Chevrette said. A final determination of the cause should be made within a week, he said.

Michigan State Police continue to investigate. They could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon.

"Rick Jones introduces legislation to ban concentrates made with solvents"

Already done in California, soon to be done in Michigan.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd have a problem with that.

I'd have a big problem with that one.  When pain levels are high, I cannot smoke enough or vape enough raw cannabis to eliminate the pain.  Also, for sleeping, raw cannabis effects don't last nearly as long as taking a concentrate. 

In my case, removing concentrates from the Michigan protections eliminates the most effective medicines

It was an oil spot for sure and to hell with anyone stupid enough to use it indoors if that's what they were doing could have been a leaking can in the area of the utility room I keep it inside but never would be insane enough to do a oil run inside my home .

As for banning concentrates made with solvents there are a lot of people who only use oil for their pain for some ailments cannabis alone wont numb their pain.