Officials Want To Keep Home Grows For Mmj

trix

Officials Want To Keep Home Grows for MMJ

Washington -- The state Liquor Control Board recommended that home growing still be allowed for medical-marijuana patients, reversing an earlier proposal that inflamed activists and patients.

Board members, who are charged with implementing the state’s new recreational pot system, want to allow patients or designated caregivers to grow up to six plants at a time — three flowering and three non-flowering.

Read More...

Some key recommendations which could prove controversial:

*Establish a mandatory registry for all patients, maintained by the Department of Health, used to determine eligibility for exemption from state and local retail sales taxes by qualified patients. Make it available to law enforcement and the Department of Revenue to verify tax-exempt purchases.

*Reduce the amount a patient can possess at any time from 24 ounces to three ounces, a one-week supply.

*Use same level of taxes as the recreational system — 25 percent tax at each of the producer, processor and retail levels — but exempt patients from state and local retail sales and use taxes.

* Only licensed recreational stores with specific state approval could sell to medical marijuana patients, effectively eliminating dispensaries.

If our grow right get stripped, that means all that equiptment we invested in won't have any resale value.

Think I could use my tent as a camping 'port a john'?

Seriously, like I will let the investment be wasted. 

We were underground before.  I would take my

chances there again.

"*Use same level of taxes as the recreational system — 25 percent tax at each of the producer, processor and retail levels — but exempt patients from state and local retail sales and use taxes."

That ^^^^ still means a 50% mark up for patients, how is that helping?

The TERM Home Grow should equate to individual grow rights and not be used to limit our grow to our home.

It is about the Grow Rights...NOT the location.

Precisely!  We already know we have to watch the wording and keep it in our favor. 

Some people do not grow in their primary home. 

Back at the end of alcohol prohibition it was a law that you only make and drink wine in your own home. Doctors wrote recs. Sometimes you need to follow the roadmap of the past to understand what's happening today. Home grown is good.

Agreed, but is should not be limited to ONLY growing 'at home', imo.

We have already experienced the 'trickiness' of their wording.

nor is it a "right" in Michigan to grow cannabis.

Well Sir  I assure you,  Every Card Carrying Michigander would differ....Guarantee

You know, I am getting a little concerned.

Now dont get me wrong, we appreciate the advanced weapons , Harpp and the Stealth stuff but the Mother Ship said they was gonna pick u up last month.

is there someone i should call?

Edited by beourbud

seriously though, I thought the privilege to cultivate marijuana is a benefit that is extended to a small percentage of patients based upon certain requirements being satisfied, with "growing" rights granted once satisfied, and subject to removal if not ?  no debate here, I was going to ask you about this in private today. I heard otherwise everyone one would be granted the "right" in an equal fashion, like driving.  I'd love to pay a lawyer for this again, but maybe you could help a broke dude out? lol

ps. sec4)b.....The privilege from arrest under this subsection applies .......

instead of the right to not be arrested?  i so confused

correct, but maybe not an inherent right of the people? rather a conditional one,(for a qualifying patient) after the terms of the Act are met, and only during.?  sounds like a privilege to me, but no legal beagle here. would it be a constitutional right, a state right, a human right? or just a qualifying patients right? 

Like having a right to drive....on private property? or public roads? one seems to be a right, and one a privilege.

not related but I wonder if we have a right to drive drunk on our own private property? or operate heavy machinery while under the influence of cannabis on private property. I hope a lawyer chimes in. I'd love to see the cases of rights vs privileges, definitions etc.

Section 4 creates a personal right and protection for a registered qualifying patient’s medical use  ,,,Thank You