Research Study With Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob

By the way, it appears that someone is trying to disrupt this thread.  Let make one thing clear, some of us actually do our OWN work, we don't base our opinions on what we read, copy and past from google.  

This is a study designed to provide specific information about Michigan Patients to help them in Section 8 defenses and provide some hard data that people can cite.  Let's leave your personal idiocy out of it Greg.  Professional adults are trying to do some good work here.

Dr. Bob

I understand completely Bob. Your intention is to submit outdated and anecdotal evidence to support, erm, what? Does the MMA require that caregivers address those specific strains their patients find useful? I understand the dumbasses on the COA think so. Why would you believe them in preference to the law? Whose side are you on?

Bye again Bob.

Edited by GregS

I was about to abandon the thread and start another while reading these responses.  The LAST one is the only one that came close to what I was asking for.

This is not about strains

What is a characteristic that will help to separate what is considered an 'indica' quality from a 'sativa' quality?

people in this thread are saying indica and sativa are nonsense labels.

in my opinion 90+% of strains available are hybrids. rarely does anyone work with landraces.

and that most people have no clue what percentage the hybrid is or what is dominate.

its like asking people what species of rye was used to make their whiskey or what country their bananas came from. people dont know.

sorry to disrupt your thread. good luck with your paper on indica and sativa.

Edited by t-pain

this is probably what you're looking for, except you want real anecdotal evidence not just some website?

Effects of Indica (lower THC, higher CBN/CBD):

Indica generally more physical than cerebral (however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect)

Sedation, pain relief and relaxation
Best for later in the day and bedtime
Perhaps better for anxiety than depression

Benefits of Indica (lower THC, higher CBN/CBD):

reduces pain
muscle relaxant
relieves spasms, reduces seizures
reduces inflammation #006600
aids sleep
reduces anxiety and stress
reduces nausea
stimulates appetite
relieves headaches and migraines
reduces intra-occular pressure
bronchio-dilator and expectorant

Effects of Sativa (high THC, low CBN/CBD):

More stimulating and uplifting
Energizing and thought provoking
Increases focus and creativity
Supports immune system
Best for use in daytime

Benefits of Sativa (high THC, low CBN/CBD):

Reduces nausea
Stimulates the appetite
Fights drepression
Positive, uplifting, cerebral effect
Energizes and stimulates
Promotes creativity
Relieves headaches and migraines
Relaxes muscles, relieves pain
Acts as an expectorant

from here http://patientsmarijuana.org/Sativa_or_Indica.html

Marijuana Effects: Indica
Indica strains are sedatives/relaxants and are effective for treating the symptoms of medical conditions such as anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, muscle spasms and tremors. Common strains include: White Berry,Blueberry, Northern Lights, Sensi Star and Gold Star. Indicas have a higher level of cannabinoids than sativas, which results in a sedated body-type stone. Because indica strains may cause feelings of sleepiness and heaviness, many patients prefer to medicate with this type of cannabis at night. Read more about cannabis indica here.

Marijuana Effects: Sativa
Sativa strains are more of a stimulant, and are effective in appetite stimulation, relieving depression, migraines, chronic pain and nausea. Common strains include: Haze, Trainwreck, K2, Kali Mist White Russian and Kiwi Green. Sativas have a higher level of THC than indicas, which results in a psychoactive and energetic mind-high. Because sativa strains may cause feelings of alertness and optimism, many patients prefer to medicate with this type of cannabis during the day. Read more about cannabis sativa here.

Marijuana Effects: Hybrids
Hybrids and cross-breeds of indica and sativa strains produce varieties that carry some characteristics of each parent. For example, adding sativa to indica strains adds mental clarity and decreases sedation effects. And adding indica to sativa strains can decrease or even eliminate the sativa tendency to stimulate anxiety. Common strains include OG Kush, Himalayan Gold, Blue Cross, 00 Diesel and Kandy Kush.

Hybrids are often referred to based upon the dominant sub-species inherited from their lineage, eg: pure indica, mostly indica, mostly sativa, or pure sativa. Instead of using pure indica or pure sativa, many patients can benefit from the use of hybrid strains. There are a vast number of strains available for patients, each with a different cannabinoid profile and effect.

If Dr Bob comes back, I would like to point out that care needs to be taken so that a research document like this isn't turned against patients by our friends in the judicial branch.

I can see one of those COA judges taking this research and claiming that a patient's sativa use couldn't have been 'medical' because Dr Bob's research claims that 'pure sativas don't work well against condition X'. 

The research itself is great.  Care must be taken not to be too specific in the conclusions.  It may be best to leave a little wiggle room.  We all know that the same strain can evoke vastly different responses in different people and we wouldn't want the court to decide which strains can be used for which illnesses.

If Dr Bob comes back, I would like to point out that care needs to be taken so that a research document like this isn't turned against patients by our friends in the judicial branch.

I can see one of those COA judges taking this research and claiming that a patient's sativa use couldn't have been 'medical' because Dr Bob's research claims that 'pure sativas don't work well against condition X'. 

The research itself is great.  Care must be taken not to be too specific in the conclusions.  It may be best to leave a little wiggle room.  We all know that the same strain can evoke vastly different responses in different people and we wouldn't want the court to decide which strains can be used for which illnesses.

Is that what happened in the Hartwick case? Or was he just not a medical marijuana patient and just used the card as a ploy to make a few bucks with zero knowledge on strains and symptoms, eer, it will be overturned in COA.

how can any progress happen if we seek to squelch new ideas and public opinion, in a public forum. I understand the concern, but I don't think censorship

lends a hand to progress

Certainly. But then again, you didn't see what was censored off. Rest assured it had nothing to do with helping anyone and all to do with ax grinding. Personal agenda stuff.

For crissake it's marijuana. We have used it for centuries and know that it is and how it is benign. Conflating it into something that risks a caregiver's chances in court is wrong headed and irresponsible. What next? Required lab testing? Whose side is this guy on?

Edited by GregS

For crissake it's marijuana. We have used it for centuries and know that it is and how it is benign. Conflating it into something that risks a caregiver's chances in court is wrong headed and irresponsible. What next? Required lab testing? Whose side is this guy on?

It appears that is the way the court's are taking it, I think we should be ahead of the courts and cut of any chance they may try to convict, get in the twisted minds of the PA and drop a bomb, the more we stay protected and more educated then them, the better our odds.. thats my opinion.

Listening to the older PGT radio, and knowing where we are today, it seems we are one step behind the courts every case, so I don't see why we should not plan ahead, jump in the future and win more cases.

But who's to say what's more of an indica or sativa?  What if you make your own?  Will they then use that against you since it's not on their list?  How would they even know the difference?  I think it's notes that show your figuring it out(which I do) but would never hand over.  I don't know how they'll use them other than anything can and will be used against you.  I don't see any for you in there and maybe it's just me, but I think they're out to get me.

It appears that is the way the court's are taking it, I think we should be ahead of the courts and cut of any chance they may try to convict, get in the twisted minds of the PA and drop a bomb, the more we stay protected and more educated then them, the better our odds.. thats my opinion.

Listening to the older PGT radio, and knowing where we are today, it seems we are one step behind the courts every case, so I don't see why we should not plan ahead, jump in the future and win more cases.

My magic 8 ball is down for repair. Can we use yours?

But who's to say what's more of an indica or sativa?  What if you make your own?  Will they then use that against you since it's not on their list?  How would they even know the difference?  I think it's notes that show your figuring it out(which I do) but would never hand over.  I don't know how they'll use them other than anything can and will be used against you.  I don't see any for you in there and maybe it's just me, but I think they're out to get me.

I thought Indica is higher in THC and Sativa was higher in CBD, testing will tell you that- It's affordable where i'm from, and as for a name, the CG and his patients can name it whatever they want. 

My magic 8 ball is down for repair. Can we use yours?

Is that what you used when the PA was questioning you? Me, I wouldn't use that, I would read and get as much information as I can, think like the PA would, cut off any attack, be prepared. 

how can any progress happen if we seek to squelch new ideas and public opinion, in a public forum. I understand the concern, but I don't think censorship

lends a hand to progress

Well I had to learn this the hard way, beleive me!

This is not realy a public forum, this is owned by some one, that makes it a public forum untill the owner of this site decides what can and cant be said on here, I would think that f.b is a public forum, it is traded in the stock market, but this is not a public forum, they can sensor what ever they want and kick out who ever they want, I found if you just dont over do a few things that admins find to be a necisarry part of this site, you will be fine, but if you are on here every day making trouble and calling out some of the fav posters you may find your self in the corner for a few days or wks with a dunce cap on, ive had to read some threads and just click out of them because I totaly disagree, but see others that agree ( ive been around here a while) thats why I will click out, I dont mean to say I have not came out and said things that maybe I shouldnt have, but hey im only human, and this site is the one on top when you do a google search, so I guess we need to try the best we can to be compliant to the site, if we realy want people to read our view we need to make sure we write it in a non offensive way to the owner and admin's, no offense to any one, mods just try to derail in fighting amongst us, the people who come to this site to share what we know and find out what we dont know,

I had a lil site going, it was not sensored in any way, trust me you will wind up sensoring a non sesensoring site sooner or later, people dont know how to let things go and will eventualy get kicked out of a non sensored site, even I will, lol!

I replyed to your post because I do consider you a friend, I enjoy all of your post's, and I most def can read between the lines, you most def need to make sure your writing dont cross that line to often, and trust me, I know how hard it is, I get called out alot, if it isnt because Im not posting like I used to, it is for posting like I used to, bawahahahahahaha!  all I know is I am very greatful to have mm as my pain killer and actualy part of my anti anxiety meds, and I most certanly dont want to lose any rights I have, In fact I want more rights than I have, I want all out legal in MI like CO and WA,  But than again, I dont know that it will help us pt's, so be carefull what we wish for,

There is a group of men and women who go to lansing and fight for us every day. every one can do that if they choose, but it has to be done in a smart manner, and for pt's that is pretty easy to do, we have people who are ill and on deaths bed, or were and are living a much better life now because of our law. And we have smart people, attny's, c.g's, pt's, and just plain smart people who can talk to the reps at the capital and are always there for us,,,,,Ive complained many times about people trying to rep me in lansing, but I dont any longer, I see what kind of job they are doing , and I believe it is better than what I can do!

Peace

I thought Indica is higher in THC and Sativa was higher in CBD, testing will tell you that- It's affordable where i'm from, and as for a name, the CG and his patients can name it whatever they want. 

Is that what you used when the PA was questioning you? Me, I wouldn't use that, I would read and get as much information as I can, think like the PA would, cut off any attack, be prepared. 

The judges of the COA pull schit out of thin air. They make schit up. There is no rational substance involved in their rulings, and there is no way to foresee what their fertile imaginations will produce next.

I don't think so kb. Black's is a respected source. The COA tries to use it to justify their rulings, but fail miserably. We don't have to wonder. These are not stupid people. They are stupid people with an agenda.

They are book smart people, with their puppet masters agenda!

Peace