Free Lab Testing For Patients?

So you have seen people use naptha or are you 'just sayin'?

When making RSO----------

After the buds have soaked in the Naptha and the Naptha has been drained off into a 5 gallon bucket can I put new buds into the used Naptha to soak then drain off the Naptha again. since Naptha is $17 a gallon I could cut my Naptha use in half especially when I have alot of bud to make into RSO. I'm not a chemist so I'm wondering if the Naptha is used up after the first bud soak and can't be used to soak more bud or if I can save some money and reuse the Naptha to soak buds multiple times. This way getting more RSO as an end product with the same amount of Naptha

I'm sure there is a point where the Naptha is saturated with THC and can't perform anymore but is it one time or can I reuse it many times. Thanks Aunt B says Hey

Edited by garyfisher

I doubt it is happening. It is really awful and noticeable.

Understood.  However, Phoenix Tears does say naptha.

I consider myself of at least average intelligence and I read

to use denatured alcohol and did no further research, instead

I just cooked up batches of oil, and smoked it too.

My point here isn't whether one is safer than the other or that

one naptha safer than the other, but rather that people

even of average intelligence often don't do the research and

bad things can result.

I doubt it is happening. It is really awful and noticeable.

ORLLY?

from these very forums:

When making RSO----------

After the buds have soaked in the Naptha and the Naptha has been drained off into a 5 gallon bucket can I put new buds into the used Naptha to soak then drain off the Naptha again. since Naptha is $17 a gallon I could cut my Naptha use in half especially when I have alot of bud to make into RSO. I'm not a chemist so I'm wondering if the Naptha is used up after the first bud soak and can't be used to soak more bud or if I can save some money and reuse the Naptha to soak buds multiple times. This way getting more RSO as an end product with the same amount of Naptha

I'm sure there is a point where the Naptha is saturated with THC and can't perform anymore but is it one time or can I reuse it many times. Thanks Aunt B says Hey

Edited by garyfisher

Just wondering how much knowing test results (other than pesticides) would benefit the average consumer. We are given numbers but how are they properly interpreted?

Assuming the result from OG Kush #1 was 16% THC and 0% CBD and OG Kush #2 was 20% THC and 0% CBD, what would this tell me as far as real world results?

Is 4% enough to make a noticeable difference? If so how much? How would you describe the difference the 4% makes?

Wouldn't you still need to actually sample both to accurately know how they will effect you?

As mentioned earlier, what is the margin of error, 5%?

You have it perfectly here. Yes, the person would test both and see if there was a discernible difference. If you receive the relief you need from the 16% and it is cheaper then this might be good information. If the 20% is the one that works best now you know.

It is a chance for a comparative analysis based on a quantifiable metric other than smell and sight test. Nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by YesMichigan

naptha is used by GW,in a rotational evap unit. Its a solvent, an old one, used in medicine for eons. it aint evil, just dirty.

its actually very effective for the cost. I would prefer alcohol over it though, and wouldn't mess with basement naptha extracts. I would however use on made in a unit like GW uses with no concerns at all.

As long as technique allows total removal, and validation of such, hexane, alcohol, naptha, and yes, coleman fuel can be used safely. I don't recommend any patient use solvents to make a preparation of cannabis, while dry sift/ice hash etc are very accessible to most.

naptha was what the hippies wrote about in the cult classic "Stash from Trash" the definitive hippie guide to rice cooker type extractions. I think that was written in the early 70's. If one is relying on eyeballing solvent removal, whats the difference really? Pure hemp oil, sesame oil, olive oil, butter all can be used safely for a great ingestible medical preparation.(I suspect the white coats don't fancy the sick sucking on glass pipes and plunging red hot pokers into little glass vials while inhaling anyways).

naptha isn't evil, its crude. to demonize the solvent used already in pharma preps is silly. hate the game, not the players. naptha may have actually been partially responsible for results simpson reported? who knows, until a lab gets ahold of it(buwaahaa)

You have it perfectly here. Yes, the person would test both and see if there was a discernible difference. If you receive the relief you need from the 16% and it is cheaper then this might be good information. If the 20% is the one that works best now you know.

It is a chance for a comparative analysis based on a quantifiable metric other than smell and sight test. Nothing more and nothing less.

that^^^

After using the search function I found 3 pages of results of different threads of people talking about using Naptha.  I would like to personally thank MrD and the others who advocated against using it.  Just because a select handful of people on here aren't using naptha doesn't mean that a fraction of  Michigan's 100,000 patients who DONT use this website aren't.

Grass:  You cannot remove naptha completely and still have a useful product.  Please refer to this academic journal:

http://www.bedrocan.nl/userfiles/file/cannabs%20oil%20hazekamp%20Romano.pdf

After using the search function I found 3 pages of results of different threads of people talking about using Naptha.  I would like to personally thank MrD and the others who advocated against using it.  Just because a select handful of people on here aren't using naptha doesn't mean that a fraction of  Michigan's 100,000 patients who DONT use this website aren't.

Grass:  You cannot remove naptha completely and still have a useful product.  Please refer to this academic journal:

http://www.bedrocan.nl/userfiles/file/cannabs%20oil%20hazekamp%20Romano.pdf

sure you can...just sniff it, and make sure there are no more bubbles in the rice cooker, right?? :bong2:

I believe this report is accurate, and thank you for the share. I dont use naptha, but GW does.

Again, there are two distinct classes of naphtha in general use, it's impossible to know what opietaylor was using based on his post. Also, perhaps he is the very person who made the oil that I smelled that was made with VM&P naphtha. Just because he made it doesn't mean patients took it. It was so egregious, I simply do not believe it would have been ingested by anybody.

and I'm exclaiming that neither 'class' of naptha is safe to use.  30-90 degree boiling point is a HUGE range.  This translates into a HUGE mixture of random different Petro chemicals which boil between 30 and 90 degrees Celsius.  90 Celcius is 200 F.  If people are making oil and not heating it past 200F these chemicals are stuck in the oil.

please refer to the academic journal of "cannabinods" which i reference.

and I'm exclaiming that neither 'class' of naptha is safe to use.  30-90 degree boiling point is a HUGE range.  This translates into a HUGE mixture of random different Petro chemicals which boil between 30 and 90 degrees Celsius.  90 Celcius is 200 F.  If people are making oil and not heating it past 200F these chemicals are stuck in the oil.

please refer to the academic journal of "cannabinods" which i reference.

Good message but we don't need a lab to tell people that either. 

a patient this xmas brought me a sample of disp oil in a syringe for questions. it was black, runny, smelled of fuel. I'ma guessing naptha, whatever kind.

I got  oil from a Canadian waitress at a bar twice. It was most definitely naptha, maybe not even removed at all. I didn't mind, it smoked and felt right. I didn't know any better then. I would only use ntane  or alcohol now, because I DO know better.  that scrap is still around, I've seen it, and smelled it. makes me cringe a disp would pay for it, then resell it.

I don't like mandatory testing. however, if a shop opens up selling food items to the public those items should be tracked, checked and approved. I would hate to see what the first ecoli or salmonella outbreak does to a community of marijuana users.

if someone wants to buy cakes and fruit form the lady at the farmers market, so be it, but commercialized sales......need a stamp. sorry.

I don't see anyone questioning these labs while they're here posting. Like Cannalytics, Northern Labs, etc. These are good resources and to run their practice out of town will be a disservice to me as a patient and grower for patients.

does Iron Labs, Cannalytics, or Northern Labs lobby to take our grow rights away ? Do they regularly publish erroneous cannabis testing results? techniques? calibration info? are they out to get us with lies and cannabis follies? really

They have given very questionable testimony before. 

according to malmute, we know this information already, even though I have repeatedly requested him to share it with the rest of us.

Gary, your ignorance is immense.

Sight allows me to narrow down heritage which allows me to triangulate likely cannabinoid profiles. Smelling allows me to determine terpene/phenol profiles because I know what the main ones smell like and what heritages favor certain components. 

I love you using me as stating I could tell you exactly the cannabinoid profiles by my nose.  I guess I just happen to have a much larger knowledge of marijuana and can narrow things down rather quickly by sight and smell. A bigger picture analysis? Not sure. Experience? Old timer status?  Want me to tell you how the wind blows too?  :-p