I'm A Caregiver. I Was Jacked For 4 Oz, Caught The Guy Held Him There Called The Police, They Did Nothing

backintheriver

This is where I absolutely draw the line- with absolutely no fks given, I would have shot him in the leg. Get an open or concealed carry, that alone as a sight has deterred a couple of idiots who would have once tried this on me. (my preferred chosen open carry is a .44 super redhawk.)

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Did you file a garnishment via the state tax?

That is the best way to get  your money after a judgment.

You don't need to know bank or employment.....

edit:  http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,1607,7-238-43513_44135-168434--,00.html#garnishment

I won the case without an attorney. After I won I hired an attorney to tell me how to collect. He said there were only two ways to collect. Those ways were for me to find out where he worked and garish or find out where he banked and garnish. He never mentioned looking into tax returns. Do you think he was just a dumb attorney? Always possible. 

wow!   I'd say never meet strangers just to sell pot to them. what were you thinking man?   renting, looking for a deal on rent to grow more marijuana?  dude, please rethink what you are doing. you need to register those patients like the state says.

you are not a traveling dispensary, don't drive around with a case full of weed for sale. geesh.  you got your lickins, now get over it, move on.  Nothing wrong with craigslist, its a very effective free classifieds resource.

cops may have been in on it, and it may have been a set up. maybe there to steal weed from young white guys who sell it illegally. try it the legal way next time like the rest of us I hope

Edited by grassmatch

This is where I absolutely draw the line- with absolutely no fks given, I would have shot him in the leg. Get an open or concealed carry, that alone as a sight has deterred a couple of idiots who would have once tried this on me. (my preferred chosen open carry is a .44 super redhawk.)

you know you cant legally shoot a person just because they're running away without paying for their illegal supply right?

and if you feel it necessary to carry a gun while delivering medicine to your patients....there is a better way to do this I promise. I want you to be safe and feel safe. I would leave if a patient brought a gun to our interview or our first meeting, or if my cg brought one too.

Unfortunately shooting them in the chest would have much more serious legal ramifications in these situations, unless the other individual had actually produced the firearm they were threatening my life with, they're going to get a "friendly" life reminder- a .44 in the knee.

"experience" isn't worth throwing away the blanket made out of my DD-214. ;) 

he tried to quickly snatch it from my hands and i held on an the bag ripped, bud everywhere but he got most of my bag. (this was 4 ounces in a large ziplock bag)  we began fighting in my car. idk how long but we grappled significant in the car and a few punches were thrown. he told me he was going to shoot me and that he had a gun but i did not believe him

I suppose i just wanted everyone to know don't make the same mistake as me the police won't help us i guess but we can't have a gun either this is just backwards.

Legally is questionable, depending on who you ask..! It could save your life.  ya some say legally no carry. But if your using CL you may want to reconsider. Gun = a chance, no gun your fuked. unless your chuck norris.lol .. I do not recommend for others to do either suggestions. But you can figure out what i believe.

Mal

that's nice, but did you notice I was talking and even quoted for clarification, the avatar named abdominaldroman and not the op, when I stated he could not legally shoot someone for running off with weed without paying.

op was selling a quarter pound to a stranger on craigslist. a gun would have put him in prison when the cops arrived. it is not legal to sell marijuana to a person without a card while carrying a gun and shooting him when he wont pay.

Edited by grassmatch

No crime had been committed at that point right?

no idea really. that's for politicians to figure out. op said he brought a "quarter pound" sample. in one large zip lock bag..... for the stranger to buy, presented it to him in a car, stranger had no marijuana card on his person supposedly. We all know what the cop score would be on arrival if the guy was shot in the knee, or worse. c'mon, if shooting patients is part of a medical marijuana protocol..YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG !

I made a post on craigslist looking for a new place to grow hoping to exchange caregiver services for rent for the first couple months and get new patients. I have been a cg since 2009, patient since 2010. a man called me saying he was a patient who was looking for a new cg with quality medication.

Why do you assume he was selling this person a quarter pound?

He says he was looking for a new patient and asked for the patients card etc.

Legally is questionable, depending on who you ask..! It could save your life.  ya some say legally no carry. But if your using CL you may want to reconsider. Gun = a chance, no gun your fuked. unless your chuck norris.lol .. I do not recommend for others to do either suggestions. But you can figure out what i believe.

forget "legally", I don't think you think conducting illegal sales to strangers while carrying a gun just in case is what this program is about right?

Why do you assume he was selling this person a quarter pound?

He says he was looking for a new patient and asked for the patients card etc.

devils advocate, young, homeless, broke, needs a place to grow and get patients, brings a quarter pound to a first stranger meeting, craigslist, scales, 4 ounces when 2.5 is legal for a patient, which this guy prolly was not.....we don't need to try this man here unless you wish? its easy to understand that an officer may perceive things differently than a defendants attorney in this case.

I feel bad for people that read online sketchy defendable actions as a possible way to conduct themselves within this program. While making awesome legal fodder I don't recall a marijuana law breaker in the program that has paved the way for more freedoms.