Pics of my first grow

wjkingsnorth

29 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Noob question. Do I count the weeks prior to the first buds showing up? Or does the clock start once buds have formed. 

It's all about the trichs baby! Snake oil is gonna be run longer than widow. CBD becomes more prevalent in a flower when thc levels begin to downgrade. Once you see amber, you start the degradation. Widow most likely is a Sativa/Sativa-dom hybrid, therefore should be chopped at around 50/50 clear to cloudy. That way after you chop, the trichs continue to mature as it loses moisture. By the time it's dried, you are only days away from peak thc. If you kept a clone you can dial her in. A lot of old school growers wait for 35% amber for that couchlock effect. Never finished CBD, so am guessing you'll wait till about 50/50 cloudy to amber?

Anyone else want to chime in about CBD peak harvest time?

Edited by Slappy
improper punctuation, added info

On 8/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, wjkingsnorth said:

Better pics. I now have a stand and boom to hold the microscope steady.

69159925_10217859010618849_4405940862857510912_n.jpg

The Trichome's in this photo appear to be getting cloudy. I am entering week 6 today. The plan is to start the flush in 2 weeks. (depending on the appearance of the Tric's) Flush for two weeks, then harvest. Does that sound right?

On 8/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, wjkingsnorth said:

Noob question. Do I count the weeks prior to the first buds showing up? Or does the clock start once buds have formed. 

You can count, anyway you like. Most seed companies are counting from the flip to 12/12, as do I. Some people count from first sign of flower, about 14 days after flip. Just keep an eye on trichs and keep note of how many days it took from which ever start point you chose to count from. If you count from flip, your start point is always the same.

Edited by glued gorilla
less confusing

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

You can count, anyway you like. Most seed companies are counting from the flip to 12/12, as do I. Some count from first sign of flower, about 14 days after flip. Just keep an eye on trichs and keep note of how many days it took from which ever start point you chose to count from. If you count from flip, your start point is always the same.

I count from first sign of flower on outdoor. Then I add two weeks to know where I will end up compared to indoor.

I didn't know anyone selling seeds counted from the first sign of flower. Must be for outdoor growers. 

55 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I count from first sign of flower on outdoor. Then I add two weeks to know where I will end up compared to indoor.

I didn't know anyone selling seeds counted from the first sign of flower. Must be for outdoor growers. 

I don't know seed sellers counting from first sign of flower either. As I said, as far as I know most count from flip of lights. Most just give a harvest month for outdoor harvest time, which I am assuming was based on previous harvest tests.

So this morning before their feeding I noticed a branch with a HUGE bud on top that needed to be supported. It was supported, but needed reinforcement. Anyway as I was tying it to the second bamboo stick I touched some of the smaller buds on the branch. Sticky and Sweet smelling! It is Snake Oil which I am really liking more and more. I washed my hands after and can still smell it. It has a very sweet aroma and the bud is very sticky already. Exciting!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

I am so tempted to snip off a couple tiny buds down at the bottom just to see what it tastes like and the potency.

That's what I do sometimes with autos. Since cloning autos is pointless, you only get one shot anyways.

3 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Day one of The Flush. They are getting the same amount of water but it is distilled water between 5.5-6.5 ph

You'd be better off using spring water than distilled. Distilled water has been know to inhibit regular growth, and or kill plants. When people distill water, they actually remove the necessary ions a plant needs.

On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, Slappy said:

You'd be better off using spring water than distilled. Distilled water has been know to inhibit regular growth, and or kill plants. When people distill water, they actually remove the necessary ions a plant needs.

I am flushing the nutrients out of the plants, not trying to get them to grow. 

1 hour ago, wjkingsnorth said:

I read that yesterday on Leafy. Very cool 

I'll have to post a pic of a widow I just put in flush a little later. She is like a cola frenzy! Like 15 colas or something. The whole plant was darn near sideways when I walked into the flower room a couple days ago, and I had to re-stake her upright again. She's only been in flush 3 days. LOL.