Pics of my first grow

wjkingsnorth

22 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Nice! Looks like it's time for a bigger pot. What kind of lights are you using?

LED 1000 watt in a 2'x4'x5' tent indoors. I am adding a second light (400 watt LED) after transplanting and raising the lights higher. I was keeping the lights at about 6" above the canopy. That is why the nodes are close and not all stretched out.

Edited by wjkingsnorth

1 hour ago, wjkingsnorth said:

LED 1000 watt in a 2'x4'x5' tent indoors. I am adding a second light (400 watt LED) after transplanting and raising the lights higher. I was keeping the lights at about 6" above the canopy. That is why the nodes are close and not all stretched out.

I have been seeing nodes like that with my LEDs 3 to 4 feet above my little clones. Doesn't seem to matter if they are close or not.

I have noticed that the clones on the aerocloner grow roots faster under an LED. It's just better quality light than anything else, even some of the cheap LEDs are better. 

Those are looking great. I'm always a sucker for good widow. I personally didn't like the local clone going around, so I'm on the hunt for a more potent pheno myself. I snuck a creep shot at my lady when she was sleeping (day 40). LED's are fantastic. I'll be watching this post closely. Happy Growing!

060419084135.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely do some HST or LST to encourage more canopy growth. Make the single cola into 5 or so. Topping, Fimming, Snapping, Twisting, or even SCROG. Looking great tho. Never heard of snake oil honestly, but the name is quite intriguing. Great Job. Keep the updates coming!

5 hours ago, Slappy said:

I would definitely do some HST or LST to encourage more canopy growth. Make the single cola into 5 or so. Topping, Fimming, Snapping, Twisting, or even SCROG. Looking great tho. Never heard of snake oil honestly, but the name is quite intriguing. Great Job. Keep the updates coming!

Snake oil is bio diesel x stardawg by Greenpoint seeds. Looks like a nice strain, excited to see how they turn out, looks good so far!

7 hours ago, Slappy said:

So I should trim fan leaves so they don't shade my branches. Should I top them now?

Edited by wjkingsnorth

Removing fan leaves is definitely something to keep in mind, especially using led lights. NEVER remove the fan leaves from the top colas, even more so in flower. During vegetative, you can remove several leaves at a time. During flower, you'll want to only remove 3 or 4 every few days. My favorite method for increasing yield is the snap. Basically just snap(BEND) the plant in an L shape, and have scotch tape in case it breaks. This is a HST technique that take several days to recover. So never use HST during flower. If you do the Snap(BEND), all the side branches become colas. No need to pinch or top doing this.

1 hour ago, Slappy said:

Removing fan leaves is definitely something to keep in mind, especially using led lights. NEVER remove the fan leaves from the top colas, even more so in flower. During vegetative, you can remove several leaves at a time. During flower, you'll want to only remove 3 or 4 every few days. My favorite method for increasing yield is the snap. Basically just snap(BEND) the plant in an L shape, and have scotch tape in case it breaks. This is a HST technique that take several days to recover. So never use HST during flower. If you do the Snap(BEND), all the side branches become colas. No need to pinch or top doing this.

If you do this, press the stalk between your thumb and forefinger where you want it to bend. You will feel it give, then gently been it over. Very easy and very effective, but without sqeezing first it will break much easier. I broke many before I figured out to squeeze first

• 3 weeks later...

It all depends on the plant. You can get an idea of what phenos to expect from sites like seedfinder, or possibly even the seed breeder sites. But the only way to know is to run it, or one of each plant.  Widow typically stretches a lot. Mine stretches for 20 days before she bulks up. Are you flowering indoors, because those should be trees in 6 more weeks. LOL. Also, if desperate, you can "snap" in flower. Just don't do it too far into flower. If it's an 8wk, I wouldn't "snap" past 2 weeks. Otherwise, you'll stress her out too much, and lose potency.

1 hour ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Should I top all the branches now. They are up to my hip already. I have 6 weeks of vegetative growth left before I switch them to bloom. I am concerned they will get too tall if I don't stop the vertical growth. 

FB_IMG_1563299075182.jpg

What do you mean you have 6 weeks of veg left? They look ready to me.

Go 12/12 and don't top them.

Just now, Restorium2 said:

What do you mean you have 6 weeks of veg left? They look ready to me.

Go 12/12 and don't top them.

My plants are not in a heated building. I am going to grow until the end of August then start them blooming. I will have 2 months of bloom time before harvest at the end of October.