Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

chat room isnt working for me this morning

Chats down on the IPB site as well, so we'll just have to wait. Most times when you can't get into chat it's because of server maintenance and we've missed the system wide message saying it'll be down for like 30 minutes. I've only caught the message once myself, but generally nothing changes on this site in relation to Chat, so 99% of the time just waiting a bit for the servers to be restarted cures it.

Best

hi I've been having trouble for 2 days, drop down menu by my name won't go away and I can't get the editor to work right, can't see the options for color, size, and the other stuff, oh and when I use a quote there's code showing in my post that shouldn't be. Sb

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I have no answer. This is definitely on the users end. I can't fix something that's not happening to anyone else. You do know right if you click your drop down menu you have to click again outside the drop down field to get it to go away right?

Not much I can do SB. Sorry.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

yes Garfield I know but something went screwy somewhere I wondered if it was me or not and the editor don't work right I think I know what it is now but was playing with that program and haven't had any luck yet will still keep trying. Thanks. Sb

You say the editor isnt working right. Can you take some screen shots for me of what's happening on your end?

Best

hi I figured it out it was one of the script blocking programs I had that I blocked a script with I think it's from google there's 2 or 3 of them on here so now I know who's handling that AND I saw the line under the messages that say who's reading the forums, I thought that was taken off because it was taking up database space but when I unblocked a script I saw it.

Sb

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Ahhhh...Makes sense. When we started getting all the crashes due to load, IPB has option to run the scripts from Google instead of our scripts folder. Well glad you got it figured out.

Best

• 1 month later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Could someone tell me or show me why my photo on my profile does not show up on posts, etc... But does when I view my profile???????

Because your "Photo" and your "Avatar" are 2 different items. You have 2 items uploaded.

photo-9396.jpg And Green-haze.gif

photo_avatar.jpg

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hey garf! come on man!

I want to see who is on and what their doing on the threads!

That was kewl to know who else was on the thread you were on!

How come it got taken off and can it be put back on!

Im phaqing bored!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sorry Jim. I like it too. It just places more queries on our database that right now our server just can't handle.

Best

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Not really sure what you're describing BG. If there's any way you can take some screen shots to better show your problem. The site has been upgraded today so there might be some change in the way the gallery handles images, but I'm not seeing a glitch yet.

Best

here we go :)

ok, starting in the gallery:

gallery_13801_60_14603.jpg

click on "grow rooms" and you end up here:

gallery_13801_60_19267.jpg

choose my gallery and you will see this page next:

gallery_13801_60_65719.jpg

here is where the problems are. if you pick one of those little pictures above, after clicking on it, you are automatically directed to the bottom part of the page and the cursor flashes so you can add comments. this was never like this before.

after you pick a picture, and click on it, it becomes bigger.

like here:

gallery_13801_60_164593.jpg

at that point, we used to have 2 ways of getting the address to use for posting. either right clicking on the picture, and choosing "view image info" or by copying and pasting the address from the right side of the screen there.

we can no longer right click on the images to get the info. we MUST copy/paste from the right side of the screen, and all images are FULL SIZE instead of "normal size"

but i also see that some other parts of the site are now screwy as well, so maybe its just the upgrade.