Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Well I see a Yamaha emblem and "lil brother blah". Most likely it's your browser cache needs to be cleared. When you upload a new image, it's given the same id number because of your account. to a browser it's the same image.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Are the classified supposed to be working yet?

No pat. I haven't found the problem yet. It seems to be specific to Internet Explorer, so till we can get it fixed, use firefox if you have look at the classifieds.

Best

If you got any problem, or can't seem to do something on the new site, let us know. If we can keep it confined to this thread that would be great. Then we can just keep editing the original topic to include all the problems and resolutions contained therein. The more critical of concerns will eventually make it to the help section, but this is as good a place as any to start he process.

Best

Im having problems ! I do not know how to edit my forum post ???? Really need to get my Ph# off there my dum move ! Need it off Thank you for any and all help . Peace

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hay, how are you? Me not bad but can't EDIT my post. Get a error or no option to edit. THANKS

Im having problems ! I do not know how to edit my forum post ???? Really need to get my Ph# off there my dum move ! Need it off Thank you for any and all help . Peace

Guys I returned this back to to no edit time. During the Happyguy/Peanutbutter fiasco I'd made the change to attempt a bit more accountability in post (allowing only 10 minutes to make changes). It hasn't worked. You should be able to edit your post again. If not let me know.

Best

Guys I returned this back to to no edit time. During the Happyguy/Peanutbutter fiasco I'd made the change to attempt a bit more accountability in post (allowing only 10 minutes to make changes). It hasn't worked. You should be able to edit your post again. If not let me know.

Best

Thank-You-sayings-greetings_largejpg.gif

Thank You Garfield for All your Hard Work around here ... :bighug:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Can not print forum topic anymore. I usually print direct...page print.

The print tool at bottom of page does not work anymore either, both methods result in a blank page.

Yeah we're having problems with the java being used on this skin and IE. I'm not going to attempt these fixes till after the update. Moving from that orb skin to this velvet skin has doubled my work. IE has many compatibility issues because they refuse to be WC3 compliant. Best advice for every site on the Earth is to use anything but IE for everything but Windows updates. So for now anyone getting a blank page anywhere is advised to use Firefox or another browser that isn't IE based.

Thanks for submission though. I am aware of it.

EDIT: I see this is a dif problem. Still skin related so it's on hold. Thanks though.

If you got any problem, or can't seem to do something on the new site, let us know. If we can keep it confined to this thread that would be great. Then we can just keep editing the original topic to include all the problems and resolutions contained therein. The more critical of concerns will eventually make it to the help section, but this is as good a place as any to start he process.

Best

Hi, I need some guidance. Cant edit one of my post ????

Big Cat...

Hey brudder, I was wondering... What is dragging this site speed down??

I ask because after change it seems soooooo slow... It looks better and all, bur every time I open this site it actually takes a few second of computer lock-up to load..??

Wasn't like this before..

And I guess while I am here, Emoticons... There is a bunch of practically useless emocons here.. a weight lifter? photographer? MP3? Money? cigar? kfu? Zoro? Bling? mom?

I mean really, when do these things get used??

I keep looking for a "wave" in chat, like an easy way to say HI... and we need the one where one smiley is bonkin another with a mallet (bonk)

This is by no means important, I know there's plenty of other things goin on... I just think a lot of them are totally useless.. and maybe, if there were some useful ones, some of the less than eloquent people here might use them, rather than type.. lol.. who knows, jus sayin...

Thank you for all you do here Sir, I've been in the forums for 10yrs now and I know a Mod's job is never done...

Cheers..!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Big Cat...

Hey brudder, I was wondering... What is dragging this site speed down??

I ask because after change it seems soooooo slow... It looks better and all, bur every time I open this site it actually takes a few second of computer lock-up to load..??

Wasn't like this before..

And I guess while I am here, Emoticons... There is a bunch of practically useless emocons here.. a weight lifter? photographer? MP3? Money? cigar? kfu? Zoro? Bling? mom?

I mean really, when do these things get used??

I keep looking for a "wave" in chat, like an easy way to say HI... and we need the one where one smiley is bonkin another with a mallet (bonk)

This is by no means important, I know there's plenty of other things goin on... I just think a lot of them are totally useless.. and maybe, if there were some useful ones, some of the less than eloquent people here might use them, rather than type.. lol.. who knows, jus sayin...

Thank you for all you do here Sir, I've been in the forums for 10yrs now and I know a Mod's job is never done...

Cheers..!!

Increased load time with this skin is due to the increase of ajax and java scripts in comparison to the default IPB skin. I have to say I hardly find this an issue. Load testing the site I returned times of 0.89 sec/ 1.00 sec/ and 1.04 sec (This is with firefox. I never use IE unless I'm just looking at a page to see how it looks in it). You will notice the java scripts loading when you first resolve a page, and see the like the user links for messages jump back up into the row. This is to expected and is the way the skin works. I usually work on optimization when I have no other pressing issues or any assignment from Michael or Joe. So over time things will improve if 1.04 seconds is to slow. Please also note it could very well be your pipeline if your reaching times in access of what I've posted.

As for the emoticons, I've seen people use every one you mentioned. I have no intentions on removing any at this time. If you don't like one, simply don't use it. If you want one installed into the system we don't have, just send me a PM so I have a hard copy of the request with the icons URL or even better to upload it as an attachment in your request so I can save time looking for it say on a page with 100 other emoticons. I have no problem adding anything you guys want.

Best

Increased load time with this skin is due to the increase of ajax and java scripts in comparison to the default IPB skin. I have to say I hardly find this an issue. Load testing the site I returned times of 0.89 sec/ 1.00 sec/ and 1.04 sec (This is with firefox. I never use IE unless I'm just looking at a page to see how it looks in it). You will notice the java scripts loading when you first resolve a page, and see the like the user links for messages jump back up into the row. This is to expected and is the way the skin works. I usually work on optimization when I have no other pressing issues or any assignment from Michael or Joe. So over time things will improve if 1.04 seconds is to slow. Please also note it could very well be your pipeline if your reaching times in access of what I've posted.

As for the emoticons, I've seen people use every one you mentioned. I have no intentions on removing any at this time. If you don't like one, simply don't use it. If you want one installed into the system we don't have, just send me a PM so I have a hard copy of the request with the icons URL or even better to upload it as an attachment in your request so I can save time looking for it say on a page with 100 other emoticons. I have no problem adding anything you guys want.

Best

Lol... thanks man... 1sec load time would be great for me, but it's not like that... It literally freezes my computer for a few seconds, like nothing happens, not even the "loading" indicator is spinning (FF)

AFA the emocons, I've seem people use them too, just rarely... all I'm sayin/askin is maybe put the most used ones up to the top, the least used ones near the bottom.. they aren't gone, just prioritized..

If you ever considered a emocon makeover, the mother load resides here.. http://mysmilies.com/

band.gif

cwmstone.gif

all_coholic.gif

11poke.gif

spam4.gif

spam2.gif

sleep.gif

Monkey_wink.gif

biggrinbounce.gif

idee.gif

bigok.gif

tongue.gif

tongue5.gif

awink.gif

ezpi_wink1.gif

thumb.gif

uhoh2.gif

thinkerg.gif

lurk.gif

cwm14.gif

ashamed.gif

licktear.gif

I'm not sayin any of these need be used, or that you even have to do anything, I'm just offering suggestion..

Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to first say that I like the site. I haven't had any problems navigating through it. but it seems to have a lot of redundancy like double posting, posting the same storys in differnt areas. so the prob I have is not with the site, It's more about people posting in the wrong section. is it not possible to move a thread to the proper section and send a PM to the OP to let them know that there thread has been moved to the appropriate section. just a suggestion. I know moderating a site this size could be quite daunting. my point is that it's well organized in lay out but disorganized in posting discipline.

does ever section or subsection have to list these four stickys?

patient to patient transfer forum

chat room rules

when to blog

Where to post

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Garfield;

Not a problem here...

I just wanted to say that I like the new 'post divider' looks great.

Nice touch.

Thanks

Garfield, I've been meaning to ask:

How does the post counting work?

I just noticed the other day that even after I

had made several posts, my post count

remained the same.

Thx

Well first off the post divider was unintentional. It was a custom hr tag but I wasn't aware there were non-displayed hr in the post code...I guess if no one complains I cold leave it.

The post don't show up immediately. Due to the strain on our host I have re-cache like every 3 hours instead of on the fly....

Best