Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

nope. try to add a link. anylink, any where to anything. using this:

gallery_13801_182_611.jpg

Give me a few on this Bubble. There does seem to be some problem between the 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 updates that is very similar to this.....

Looking into it

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I think I have been misunderstood . When I am reading from a forum page , at the bottom of the page are share this topic options . I click the Email option . This puts me on send a page to a friend where i fill out name address & security code then click on send Email , then I get the "Thanks the Email has been sent" page , next is the "an error has occurred " page & no Email has been sent . Is this not allowed ?

The system does send the email, and yes I see the error page now. Better descriptions will get your problems looked at closer every time....

For now...send your email.....and click off the error page when it resolves. In the end that's all you want anyways.

Im sure this also has to do with our current update.....Theres a hack that has to be done to make the main url the content portion of this site. By default things want to resolve to the forum, but in our case we've forced the CCS to be default landing page.

Now that I see it, I'll work on it.

Thanks.

Probably going to be chasing fires around here for the next few days wile everyone finds the bugs.....so keep um coming.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

found waldo. it seems to be working now. keep ya posted :)

Bubble....try it up now. I went back to 3.1.2 RTE editor and it seems to have cleared it up. You'll want to remove the links I placed wile I was testing in your thread.......specially the one......

Awaiting more problems....

best

Why are PMs being monitored? I thought PMs were safe?

pm's are NOT being monitored. believe that. in that sense anyway.

there are only 3 people who have access to your p.m.'s. all 3 admin.

the only way a p.m. is going to get looked at is if there is a complaint.

no offense here, but bb and komorn arent gonna look period. they got better stuff to do. garfield will look if asked. thats it.

we mods have no access, nor does anyone else.

the new warning is there to stop spammers.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I think I have been misunderstood . When I am reading from a forum page , at the bottom of the page are share this topic options . I click the Email option . This puts me on send a page to a friend where i fill out name address & security code then click on send Email , then I get the "Thanks the Email has been sent" page , next is the "an error has occurred " page & no Email has been sent . Is this not allowed ?

This error page after sending mail is fixed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Bob.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

pm's are NOT being monitored. believe that. in that sense anyway.

there are only 3 people who have access to your p.m.'s. all 3 admin.

the only way a p.m. is going to get looked at is if there is a complaint.

no offense here, but bb and komorn arent gonna look period. they got better stuff to do. garfield will look if asked. thats it.

we mods have no access, nor does anyone else.

the new warning is there to stop spammers.

I was going to just add that the main reason you see that warning now is because of physical threats. But I wanted to show people there is a system of checks an balances.

Though BG is mostly correct in that Blueberry doesn't have much time, he is far from computer illiterate, and does conduct many server and back end functions himself, though he relies on me for a lot for the day to day operations. If I was looking at PM's just to snoop around, Joe would be able to see that. What I show below is just a small section of this sites log viewing module. Every action the staff around here makes is logged. Administrator, moderator, even chat mod. And any missing log entries would show right off the bat the logs have been tampered with and would be reason alone for my dismissal.

So believe that Joe can keep an eye on my actions very easily with this system. Know that the only time a PM is looked at is when we have a report. Know that the only message we look at is the one being reported.

admin_logs.gif

It's very important to note, that every site on the face of this planet that has a PM system, someone has access to your personal; messages. It may be that the only way is to look into the database of the site, and this is the method I used to use when a report was filed about abusive PM's. Other sites just aren't as upfront as we are, and they show no disclaimer that "all" messages are subject to moderation under certain circumstances. This "DB" method was hard for the moderation staff to get because the databases showed account numbers instead of names, and didn't show the conversations in order.

Our installing a PM viewer on this site was just another case of a few cranky members screwed it up for everyone, and the administration needed a way to confirm for moderation with an easy to see screen shot of complete discussions even if one user attempted to delete the conversations in hopes concealing their aggressive post.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Bubble....just hold off on articles for a minute.....Im sure the fix we applied yesterday to the Furl code to fix the broke email link has caused a conflict....

On it.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Why is there an add for a addiction treatment center? seems a little funny yet demeaning still

Well....far as I know MMJ patients can have addictions too. Not sure how it would ever be "demeaning" to you or anyone else. It never calls you by name, nor is there site requirement saying you have to join a treatment center to be a participant around here.

Treatment centers don't directly compete with this site so the ads are allowed to remain till a big boss says filter it. Till then...It's helping pay bills.

But......Feel free to donate in chunks that make it worth wile to the MMMA, and we'll filter that particular ad source if it's that offensive.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Bubbles and authors......try the articles system again.....Let me know if you encounter any problems..

Bubbles and PB, I fixed you guys articles you posted so they're up and running now. Bubbles, made a "growers corner" cat for you and put your article in it.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for.

I got this error message after playing centipede

I did go test this and thank you for your report. Kinda have to get things in order of severity at the moment, but I will get to the arcade errors.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Appears to be a problem with the site:When I press the "View New Content" it goes to a Database Error Message . Something needs attention there ...

Already on it.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guys....there's never a reason to report Chat room issues. It's is always 100% of the time a matter of the IPB servers of which we have no control, either being restarted, or down for maintenance, or any of a number of other problems. Some of you may note I've changed the error text to exclude "Please contact your administrator" and include in its place "try again later".

I know that the USA IPB offices are closed down today. So it may not even come on line till tomorrow.

Best

If you got any problem, or can't seem to do something on the new site, let us know. If we can keep it confined to this thread that would be great. Then we can just keep editing the original topic to include all the problems and resolutions contained therein. The more critical of concerns will eventually make it to the help section, but this is as good a place as any to start he process.

Best

I can not get into chat..