Jury Trial For Patient Charged With “ Owi (Thc) And Any Presence (Of Tch)” - In Livinston County -Starts Thursday 1 27 11 -

Friday February 4, 2011

11:55 AM

State Approved Medical Marijuana Patient Found NOT GUILTY and again, NOT GUILTY, on both accused criminal counts. The Defendant had close backing of many compassionate community supporters who spontaneously erupted into a thundering applause upon hearing the jury's verdict.

Honorable Judge Suzanne Geddis attempted to regain some control of her courtroom in its final moments, by barking, "People; That's not appropriate. I don't know where you think you are." However, the case had already ended with a full acquittal. [The Jury was comprised of six females between the approximate ages of 35-55]

One of strangest details surrounding this case was that somehow Judge Geddis attempted to distort the facts before the trial even began. She unilaterally came to the conclusion that defendant's state approved medical card status be deemed inadmissible. The defendant's medical marijuana patient status was to be hidden from the jury and not to be mentioned at anytime during the case. In an unfortunate twist of circumstances for the prosecution, the terms Medical Marijuana slipped out a number of times in front of jury members, to Geddis' surprise.

Geddes' staunch tone began early into the second and final day of this trial, with her instructions to the jury, "Apply the law as I give it to you". Soon followed by the -special jury instructions- "Medical Marijuana is not a defense in this case". The Livingston County Jurors did unanimously tend to one of Geddes' requests, "Vote honestly and in good conscious".

Advocates of Medical Marijuana throughout the State of Michigan and fourteen other Medical Marijuana States are left with a few rhetorical questions; Who do Livingston County Prosecutors think they are? Do they know that they now reside in a majority voted MMJ State? Do they know that this MMJ Law passed in the year 2008? In Michigan it's becoming apparent that MMJ patients have rights. Led by legal defense counselor Michael Komorn of Southfield, this case stands tall as a testament that legions of MMJ supporters are prepared to just say, No. Not On My Watch.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jury took just under 2 Hours to decide after witnessing the taped footage of the incident for a second time. The Prosecutor decided not to include the sound recording of the field sobriety test. It looked odd to see the event, while excluding the details that the dialogue would have provided. This did not help prosecution, as it was the last thing jurors saw before deliberating. there were numerous items that provided reasonable doubt.

Seems we're getting somebody's attention as nearly 6500 people have read this thread!

After the case was over, I walked briskly out to the car to get our camera to take the pictures (that will be posted here soon - I promise).

I forgot to mention this little tidbit of information. The officer who pulled over this poor crippled kid, and instigated the nightmare for him and his family, was walking out to his pick-up the same time I was walking out to our vehicle.

I told him that it looked like that he was the ONLY one who "made out" okay during this whole process.

If you remember, last week I reported that this same officer was behind my wife and I standing in line at Subway. He was bragging about how much "OVERTIME" he would be getting on his next few paychecks as he was getting paid for simply sitting at the prosecution table.

Anyway, he looked at me like I was some sort of space alien. I simply said I hope he felt those few overtime hours was worth putting that poor kid through this trial - and, if memory serves me correctly...31 appearances on this issue in front of that "psychotic witch of a judge"!

Since he wouldn't respond, I asked him if he wanted to pose in the pictures with us and join us in our celebration.

He hopped in his pick-up and drove off.

He must really feel like a big man, a big Nazi, a big gestapo, for picking on the disabled and the crippled.

Mizerman

p.s. By the way, today is Judge Suzanne Geddis' birthday. Maybe we should call the court house and sing to her!??? (517) 548-1000 :thumbsu: I need to go get these pictures developed.

do you remember what the judge said

her last words were don't forget Joe it is still illegal to dive with any THC in your system(body) i wouldn't want to see you back here for the same thing

and the PA couldn't wait to talk to the jury and she ask the judge if she could at that time i was wishing i could be a fly on the wall LOL

do you remember what the judge said

her last words were don't forget Joe it is still illegal to dive with any THC in your system(body) i wouldn't want to see you back here for the same thing

and the PA couldn't wait to talk to the jury and she ask the judge if she could at that time i was wishing i could be a fly on the wall LOL

Yep!

Wonder what went on if that conversation actually took place?

Mizerman

What the prosecutor was likely trying to ascertain is "How could I have presented this case so that you would have convicted?" I don't believe that many of the jurors stuck around to give her any answers. It was a great day for cannabis users everywhere, hope that this trend continues. Unfortunately, I celebrated afterwards and the remainder of the day was wasted for me. I'm not normally a day time user, for that very reason...oh well, it was a good reason to celebrate, all in all. Congrats to the family and friends of Joseph and kudos go to Michael Komorn and his associate and his expert witness. Now I've got to get to work on that letter to the judicial tenure group. Want to make it as concise as I can, using proper language and that means I'll need the trial transcript. This won't be the first time that charges have been filed against Ms. Geddes,and considering her courtroom demeanor, it won't be the last. What a great day, many thanks to Mizerman and lovely wife, Bob, PB and Chad from Birmingham CC and the gentleman from the Waterford area (he'll remain nameless) for their continued support of this young man and his family. I'll bet that he went straight home and medicated as it has been months since he could legally do so. I doubt very much that he will be returning to Livingston Co. any time soon, and I doubt he'll ever make an illegal left hand turn again...lol...Peace...j.b.

SO JOE'S MOM TOLD THE TRUTH AND WAS HELD IN CONTEMPT???????

MY GOD WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO?? Sb

Welcome to America 2011. Where the truth will get you locked up!

Can't wait until the election cycles start to see how many of these 'Judges" will try and turn the table and attempt to embrace our community. Knowing that their opposition to us and the oppressive tactics and behavior of LEO and the courts will cost many a politician their jobs.

W.L.A.E.

Just seeing that over 7700 people have viewed this thread/forum topic. I hope the little "flat-topped/nazi/gestapo/white supremacist" who pulled over Joe gets a chance to read this.

Also, I called up and sang Happy Birthday to Suzanne yesterday - priceless... :rolleyes:

Mizerman

Just seeing that over 7700 people have viewed this thread/forum topic. I hope the little "flat-topped/nazi/gestapo/white supremacist" who pulled over Joe gets a chance to read this.

Also, I called up and sang Happy Birthday to Suzanne yesterday - priceless... :rolleyes:

Mizerman

ROTFLmao. How old was She ? Thanks Bro, I owe you one !

Just a helpful word on the transcripts, if they are not available, although Michael K might have a set.

Otherwise I 've found that it is more economical to get a Recorded Video of the proceedings.

You can still use them as Evidence by Referencing the Time Code on the Vid.

Yep, the transcripts are usually $1.00 PER PAGE

Mizerman

p.s. I would LOVE to watch the video of when the trial started last Thursday up until its completion late yesterday morning.

This case is about more than just medical marijauna. Its about the will of the people being stronger than anyone or anything. I believe the cat is out of the bag on medical marijuana. As more people come to realize that it is nothing dangerous that poses a risk to our communities, the more foolish the opponents arugements will become. We can't forget though that our battle is a two front one. Big business and the greedy will try and profit from this plant. They will try and controll the supply in order to create scarcity because scarcity equals more profit. We have the sun and seed to create a huge surplus of this plant, enough so that everyone has enough and no one has to pay for it. We must be concerned with those who want to take away our right to this plant but we also must be concerned with those who would take our right to grow it from us. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE CASE!

Very, very nice. This is only one more feather in our collective hat. More are on the way. Kingpinn and BobnTorey will prevail. There is a fundamental right to justice that cannot be dispensed with because embarrassments to the jucicial system (read Judge Geddes, prosecutors, and officers involved) simply say it ain't so.

The next move is to have her removed from the courts altogether, to include disbarment from practicing law again.

Take a break. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Then it's back to work. Michigan judges may be removed in one of three ways:

• Judges may be impeached by a majority vote of the house of representatives and convicted by a two-thirds vote of the senate.

• The governor may remove a judge upon the concurrent resolution of two thirds of the members of both houses of the legislature.

• On the recommendation of the judicial tenure commission, the supreme court may censure, suspend, retire, or remove a judge. However, the Judicial Tenure Commission cannot deal with Supreme Court Justices. There is currently no mechanism to deal with misbehavior by Supreme Court Jusices.

http://www.ajs.org/ethics/eth_impeachement.asp

http://jtc.courts.mi.gov/

http://www.michbar.org/

And when this appears in the press, we would do well to run with that.

Archived