Jury Trial For Patient Charged With “ Owi (Thc) And Any Presence (Of Tch)” - In Livinston County -Starts Thursday 1 27 11 -

JURY TRIAL FOR PATIENT CHARGED WITH “ OWI (THC) AND ANY PRESENCE (OF TCH)” - IN LIVINSTON COUNTY -STARTS THURSDAY 1 27 11 -

Asking the Medical Marihuana Community to Come out and Support one of our own in Livingston County this Thursday 1 27 11 for the Jury Trial of Joseph.

WHERE AND WHEN:

The case of patient/client Joseph is scheduled for Jury Trial Thursday 1 27 11 at 830 am, before the Honorable Suzan Geddis.

Address of the Court

204 S. Highlander Way Ste 1.

THIS IS NOT A PROTEST:

This is not a request for a protest, but I know that Joseph and his family would appreciate any in Court support from any one who would be willing.

WARNING:

Be advised that Livingston County as I know it is NOT medical marihuana friendly. Be advised that any and all freedoms we have come to know are currently suspended in that County. If you are going to come out Please be careful, and be on your best behavior.

BACKGROUND OF THE CASE;

Client is charged with Count 1. OWI, Operating While Impaired. Count 2. Driving with any presence. The alleged blood test results say 8 nanograms of THC and 25 nanograms of COOTHC.

The Honorable Court has ruled that the Defendant cannot mention his “medical marihuana card”, despite the fact that it was only after the patient mentioned it, that the officer had him step from the car. The Defendant can not mention his medical marihuana card despite the fact that his sole purpose for using marihuana is to treat his very serious medical condition ( 22 bone surgeries in his brief 24 year old life), (one leg 2 inches shorter than the other, and his right calf 5 times the size of his left calf). The justification for the arrest in this case just happens to be based upon my client not performing well on the one leg balance test or the walk 9 paces and turn.

The Defendant cannot mention his medical marihuana card despite the absolute right to do so via the explicit language to do so in the MMMA, and every constitutional principal that exists in our judicial system. The last words stated to me when we were last in Court by the prosecutor was that marihuana was a gateway to heroin. The cards have already severely been stacked against us in this case from the Courts previous rulings and the likelihood of a fair trial is not anticipated. There are about 15 identifiable appealable issues in this case already. My client is a firm believer in the medical benefits of this plant. He has been resilient throughout this case despite getting adverse rulings by the Court over and over and over again.

If you are interested in seeing (another example) of how a patient from our community is being treated like a criminal it will be happening this Thursday. If you are interested in showing up, I know Joseph and his family would appreciate it. His family is not asking for a protest but instead a strong presence from the MMMA community supporting Joseph in the Court Room. We will be talking about this on the radio show on Wednesday night, and Josephs mother will be calling in to describe what their family has had to endure this last year.

On behalf of Joseph and his family, thank you in advance for any support you can offer.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why cant he use his mm card? That i dont understand! and why is the trial going thru there, cant you have it moved, because of bad press, how can a judge rule you not allowed to say you are legal to use mm. where did you say this case was happening, the old u.s.s.r? N.Korea?

why is this going to trial now? there? Im not anywhere near being a lawyer, but i prob been in court as many times as a few, my question is how can this go on,,, am I missing something, the guy has one leg shorter than the other and didnt pass the hold one leg up sobriety test?? im realy confused, this person presents the leo his card when they find mm?

Mr Komorn you have done an awsome job so far, can you explain to me how they can do that, that would be like telling a drunk driver they cant show there over 21 with their liscense! or something like that, if he was on a prescription pill they would just give him owi and it would be done,show the script or bottle that was written for you and its done, you are not on and ilegal substance, you just cant drive on that substance! how did this happen!

Why am i paying the state for my card when im not allowed to use it as a defense?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sometimes the service our country requires of an individual is military; from this case it appears sometimes our country requires a person to offer the service of redressing legal injustice, which I'd guess will happen at great time and expense and misery, until the right appeal forum is reached. Thank you Joseph for serving your country. A great percentage of our country is prejudiced against blacks, another large segment against the physically disabled. It seems to take a million years and a billion tiny acts for humans to make even one lasting advance toward "loving others as yourselves."

JURY TRIAL FOR PATIENT CHARGED WITH “ OWI (THC) AND ANY PRESENCE (OF TCH)” - IN LIVINSTON COUNTY -STARTS THURSDAY 1 27 11 -

Asking the Medical Marihuana Community to Come out and Support one of our own in Livingston County this Thursday 1 27 11 for the Jury Trial of Joseph.

WHERE AND WHEN:

The case of patient/client Joseph is scheduled for Jury Trial Thursday 1 27 11 at 830 am, before the Honorable Suzan Geddis.

Address of the Court

THIS IS NOT A PROTEST:

This is not a request for a protest, but I know that Joseph and his family would appreciate any in Court support from any one who would be willing.

WARNING:

Be advised that Livingston County as I know it is NOT medical marihuana friendly. Be advised that any and all freedoms we have come to know are currently suspended in that County. If you are going to come out Please be careful, and be on your best behavior.

BACKGROUND OF THE CASE;

Client is charged with Count 1. OWI, Operating While Impaired. Count 2. Driving with any presence. The alleged blood test results say 8 nanograms of THC and 25 nanograms of COOTHC.

The Honorable Court has ruled that the Defendant cannot mention his “medical marihuana card”, despite the fact that it was only after the patient mentioned it, that the officer had him step from the car. The Defendant can not mention his medical marihuana card despite the fact that his sole purpose for using marihuana is to treat his very serious medical condition ( 22 bone surgeries in his brief 24 year old life), (one leg 2 inches shorter than the other, and his right calf 5 times the size of his left calf). The justification for the arrest in this case just happens to be based upon my client not performing well on the one leg balance test or the walk 9 paces and turn.

The Defendant cannot mention his medical marihuana card despite the absolute right to do so via the explicit language to do so in the MMMA, and every constitutional principal that exists in our judicial system. The last words stated to me when we were last in Court by the prosecutor was that marihuana was a gateway to heroin. The cards have already severely been stacked against us in this case from the Courts previous rulings and the likelihood of a fair trial is not anticipated. There are about 15 identifiable appealable issues in this case already. My client is a firm believer in the medical benefits of this plant. He has been resilient throughout this case despite getting adverse rulings by the Court over and over and over again.

If you are interested in seeing (another example) of how a patient from our community is being treated like a criminal it will be happening this Thursday. If you are interested in showing up, I know Joseph and his family would appreciate it. His family is not asking for a protest but instead a strong presence from the MMMA community supporting Joseph in the Court Room. We will be talking about this on the radio show on Wednesday night, and Josephs mother will be calling in to describe what their family has had to endure this last year.

On behalf of Joseph and his family, thank you in advance for any support you can offer.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

What did all our service members die for protecting and defending our constitution when none of its protections are afforded to us, the poor and sick. Wall St, the rich, politicians,and connected hide behind it all the time to break the laws and rape our country but f%#k you if you're poor and or sick.

We are no longer the America people think we are. we have no rights. we have no protections from our courts or constitution.

"Don't Tread On Me" is taking on a whole new life.

why cant he use his mm card? That i dont understand! and why is the trial going thru there, cant you have it moved, because of bad press, how can a judge rule you not allowed to say you are legal to use mm. where did you say this case was happening, the old u.s.s.r? N.Korea?

why is this going to trial now? there? Im not anywhere near being a lawyer, but i prob been in court as many times as a few, my question is how can this go on,,, am I missing something, the guy has one leg shorter than the other and didnt pass the hold one leg up sobriety test?? im realy confused, this person presents the leo his card when they find mm?

Mr Komorn you have done an awsome job so far, can you explain to me how they can do that, that would be like telling a drunk driver they cant show there over 21 with their liscense! or something like that, if he was on a prescription pill they would just give him owi and it would be done,show the script or bottle that was written for you and its done, you are not on and ilegal substance, you just cant drive on that substance! how did this happen!

Why am i paying the state for my card when im not allowed to use it as a defense?

Peace

FTW

Jim

:notfair:

A patients worse nitemare . Livingston County is one of the most ridiculous in our State and heavily influenced by rehabillitation and testing services with over conservative values . They have been charging minors in possession of tobacco for it being in a parents vehicle driven by a teen costing families anywhere from $380 to thousands the past few years even threatening referring the kids to rehabillitation and arrest instead of a C.I . . They have a nuisance law on the books which is clearly unconstitutional but will allow them to arrest people at will having to prove a negative . Jury nulification was created to protect people in places like Livingston County . I have another commitment forgive me for not being able to attend , There is no reason for responsible citizens using MM to be imprisoned at home without walls unlike any other medicinal item recommended or presribed .

A patients worse nitemare . Livingston County is one of the most ridiculous in our State and heavily influenced by rehabillitation and testing services with over conservative values . They have been charging minors in possession of tobacco for it being in a parents vehicle driven by a teen costing families anywhere from $380 to thousands the past few years even threatening referring the kids to rehabillitation and arrest instead of a C.I . . They have a nuisance law on the books which is clearly unconstitutional but will allow them to arrest people at will having to prove a negative . Jury nulification was created to protect people in places like Livingston County . I have another commitment forgive me for not being able to attend , There is no reason for responsible citizens using MM to be imprisoned at home without walls unlike any other medicinal item recommended or presribed .

Nor is there any reason whatsoever to harm or imprison or destroy any individual (who has done no harm to others) ever. Any attempt at enforcing some person's will over others without their consent is tyranny, and we have that in droves around here thanks to the democrats and republicans that rule over us all. Statists need to be voted out. People who stand for individual human rights should be voted in. Period! Not "whether they are electable" because they are in some major party, just if they are the person to protect the rights of each individual. Statists will never do that folks!Anim_resist.gifUnless we vote the statist republicans and democrats (that is all of them) out of here...Borg.gif

WHERE AND WHEN:

Address of the Court

THIS IS NOT A PROTEST:

WARNING:

BACKGROUND OF THE CASE;

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

PLANET GREENTREES

Honestly ,How Can a judge say a person CAN NOT use his medical Marijuana card for having Msrijuna in his system? who is above this judge that can tell him he is wrong? wrong? wrong?...The law is the law.How can city official over ride a state law? How honestly i know you are a ttorney and a good attorney,,You must know some one you can report him to.

Marijuana leads to heroin? lol thats like saying riding a bicycle as a child leads to riding a motorcycle as an adult. What is stoping the defense attorny from asking, "are you a medical marijuana patient?" Any ruling that this court makes will never be upheld by any appeals court. Hopefully the media will be there when the ruling is over turned in appeals court and then hopefully point out how stupid that judge is. I doubt judges like to see their rulings over turned. Especially when its covered by the media. MMMA really needs media support to point out these injustices or judges like this can get away with whatever they want.

Mr.Komorn I pity you. Prepare your appeals now. If you have not already been warned you are in front of the worst judge in the worst county. She is leading the effort in that county to assure that anyone who uses cannabis in "her" county pays the price. Can we sit near or by the defendant and quietly convey to the jury that this is a medical cannabis case and they are being manipulated and deceived? What can we do outside the courtroom before 8am to educate any potential jurors? It is highly unlikely you would win the case even without adverse rulings, juries are very conservative in that county and any mention of cannabis elicits a knee jerk reaction. Good Luck. I should have stayed in Germany while I had the chance. A local lawyer thought he could "win" my case which was just OWIPD. Boy did he get an education. I have a few studies you could pass on to the prosecutor. Linda Barret is a person to avoid at all COSTS post trial.

Peace

FTW

Jim

All very good questions, and because of the cannon of not speaking ill of the Bench, i must bite my tongue for most of the answer. I think that Croppled1 said it very nicely

"A patients worse nitemare . Livingston County is one of the most ridiculous in our State and heavily influenced by rehabillitation and testing services with over conservative values . They have been charging minors in possession of tobacco for it being in a parents vehicle driven by a teen costing families anywhere from $380 to thousands the past few years even threatening referring the kids to rehabillitation and arrest instead of a C.I . . They have a nuisance law on the books which is clearly unconstitutional but will allow them to arrest people at will having to prove a negative . Jury nulification was created to protect people in places like Livingston County . I have another commitment forgive me for not being able to attend , There is no reason for responsible citizens using MM to be imprisoned at home without walls unlike any other medicinal item recommended or presribed ."

A few facts that may offer some information to your questions. We have made over 20 appearance in Court, this is a misdemeanor. I have filed over 10 motions, and 2 times they were motions to recuse the Judge. I have only done this in 1 other instance in 18 years of practicing law. (ALthough I anticipate doing that in several of the pending cases that i have right now). You look at this law, I look at this law, and we know what it says. In this jurisdiction and many others the brains that are being used to interpret this law has already swallowed the kool aid. These are facts, Judges and Persecutors across the state are looking for ways in which patients and caregivers are violating the law. Not seeing it as a law intended to protect and prevent arrest and prosecution. Your brain would explode listening to the reasoning and logic of the prosecutors and Judges who lean this way. It is absolutely outrageous. Your questions make a very important point: What happened to Democracy, what happened to following the Law, what happened to the most basic of our constitutional rights, "the right to present a defense". Well we are living in a important moment in the history of humankind, a war is being wage, and there are no other options but to fight back. In reflection of your comments, I don't think i could give you an explanation that would make sense, those answers come from the Court, and i have made my record in front of Her Honor as to what my thoughts and feelings are according to the Law. When this case is over I will probably post some of the transcripts from the Court proceedings, and you will get a better feel for how logic as we know it is not always being cultivated in the Courts.

Im curious as to how the people on a jury that decides guilty will feel after the cases are done when they realize the def. were legal all along. because they will find out after the trials that the def. were patients. that im sure of

im also sure there will be alot of jurors that would decide different if they knew the law applied to the cases they were sitting.

WHERE AND WHEN:

Address of the Court

THIS IS NOT A PROTEST:

WARNING:

BACKGROUND OF THE CASE;

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

PLANET GREENTREES

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

- John F. Kennedy

Marijuana leads to heroin? lol thats like saying riding a bicycle as a child leads to riding a motorcycle as an adult. What is stoping the defense attorny from asking, "are you a medical marijuana patient?" Any ruling that this court makes will never be upheld by any appeals court. Hopefully the media will be there when the ruling is over turned in appeals court and then hopefully point out how stupid that judge is. I doubt judges like to see their rulings over turned. Especially when its covered by the media. MMMA really needs media support to point out these injustices or judges like this can get away with whatever they want.

I agree herb! How come some one like a well known attny dont make it known to the news? This is B.S! Total b.s unless I missed something in this thread by the O P I think its time to fire the attny and hire a different one(i dont care what id have to sell to hire one) id do it now!

Peace

FTW

Jim

im no ones puppet, if i wanted to go to that court with a big card around on my chest, Id do it! not listen to some one who seems to be selling me down the river! most of you people who have been around here seem like a bunch of puppets on a string! listen to michale! hes our leader! after reading this, i wouldnt listen to sheet he says, he cant even come back and answer these questions, he just keeps posting, gets on in the morn posts and off to save the world! Gullable people, and no I wont ever need Michale! god forbid, ive done better on my own!

edit= maybe it wouldnt be such a bad idea for a few lawyers to go to jail for doing what the judge said they cant do in court! if these attnys are doin it pro bono than why wont they fight for real, its against the law for the judge to say I cant use my mm card,,,why did we all get one,,,contempt of court would almost win me back!

Archived