A Look Into Longhair's Laboratory

LongHairBri

ro water "sours" quickly and will need to be replaced weekly.

with the chlorine, it keeps the system clean, keeps slime and bacteria at bay, keeps the rez fresh

in a cloner it keeps the stems from sliming and rotting out before roots ever get a chance and keeps alge clumps down. less chance of forming and clogging jets and pumps

I've tried RO a few diffierent times. Along with being wasteful, it just couldn't perform.

in a cloner, I wouldn't even try to root cuttings in anything but fresh tap water. otherwise, I'd never be able to maintain my 99.9% success rate. (.1% is when I forget to turn the pump back on!)

in grow, with all the dissolved oxygen in these systems, slime and bacteria blooms are a constant hazzard and toxic to roots. no roots, no plants.........

plus, I'm lazy. but it REALLY IS better

I use RO because my well water is just too hard and salty.

I add Hydrogen Peroxide once a month, and my water and lines are clean. No slime, no smell.

I suppose a little bleach would do the same.

Clones done with 100% RO water, no additives. 100% success rate in my home made bubble bucket. I couldn't reliably get clones to root until I installed a 1 minute on, 4 minutes off timer.

I replace my 55 gallon rezs every 2 months and add back nutes until then.

There is a little maintenance with the RO filter: Replace the RO membrane every 2 years. Replace the other various filters (5) every year, or a little sooner, depending on how much your water needs to be filtered.

oh so taps best for your system. i got ya. funny i never got that success rate from my bubble cloner till i put ro water in it...dif strokes n what not.

Really?

I had a hell of a time getting cuts to root using the reverse osmosis water once i went back to tap 5-7 days later im ready for dirt just goes to show you different garden areas different results.

I have read thru the entire thread and am curious about cleaning/sanitizing the system. Seems like taking it all apart on a regular basis would be a real pain in the ... Do you periodically just take out all the plants and run a major dose of chlorine or peroxide thru the system? I am thinking that the slightest hint of slime in this type of system would be a nightmare.

I have read thru the entire thread and am curious about cleaning/sanitizing the system. Seems like taking it all apart on a regular basis would be a real pain in the ... Do you periodically just take out all the plants and run a major dose of chlorine or peroxide thru the system? I am thinking that the slightest hint of slime in this type of system would be a nightmare.

I use Hygrozyme once a month with my water change. It cleans everything out very well.

My nutrient solution is so clean you can drink it...literally. I can take a glass of it and put it next to a glass of tap water and as long as it's not old and sour, or hygrozime was added within a week, you could never tell the difference! It tastes just like tap water.

I freak people out all the time by taking a drink of it! I would never recommend anyone to do this with any other type of nutrient solution that I know of.

The hygrozime sounds promising. SM90 had been rec'c to me to control slime, but it just does not do the trick.

Two questions, one what dosage level do you use? I know the mfg. has a rec'c, but I have found that with the nutrient suppliers their suggested #'s are way too high for DWC.

Two, how often do you clean the system, i.e. after a harvest, or do you just keep going on to the next and just change out the water and nutes?

• 4 weeks later...

The hygrozime sounds promising. SM90 had been rec'c to me to control slime, but it just does not do the trick.

Two questions, one what dosage level do you use? I know the mfg. has a rec'c, but I have found that with the nutrient suppliers their suggested #'s are way too high for DWC.

Two, how often do you clean the system, i.e. after a harvest, or do you just keep going on to the next and just change out the water and nutes?

I feed nothing in aero-cloner, 500ppm in pre-veg cloner and 1000ppm from veg thru bloom. a Lucas Calc on my android makes computation easy

I clean the system out when the pH won't stay stable. it moves around a little, and thats fine. sinking a 1/2 point before refill is expected. I fill, test and adjust ppm, then wait till next day for pH reading and adjust if needed. 98% of the time, it's already good. or needs a slight adj. at most. after 2-3 months or so, the water won't hold as well. fluctuates faster, needs more pH up every time checked...gets way low pH before fresh water is needed....all signs that it's time to dump and replace.

I just did it today.... pH was fine. I just couldn't remember when the last time it was drained and changed.....so I did it

My nutrient solution is so clean you can drink it...literally. I can take a glass of it and put it next to a glass of tap water and as long as it's not old and sour, or hygrozime was added within a week, you could never tell the difference! It tastes just like tap water.

I freak people out all the time by taking a drink of it! I would never recommend anyone to do this with any other type of nutrient solution that I know of.

WELL, THAT EXPLAINS A LOT !!!!!!!!!

please don't drink your nutes people!!

protekt is a silica suppliment. I add on first fill....then wait for the plants to ask for more......when I pluck a leaf it better snap off w/o a long string attached...if it's making rope, I add PT again

when i do decide it's protekt time, it gets 1 dose at calmag level

the add back formula is stored somewhere on my computer...I'll look for it, but the "add back calc" is just awesome....and easy THANKS JIPO!!!!

as for spacing.......I believe that plants grow to their space and light given.........2, 12 or 20 will produce the same amount of meds in about the same time

I just helped a warehouse grower....over 250 lbs........from 2000sf, 20.000watts.........................................32 plants (trees)////over 8lbs each

spacing and plant count doesn't really matter....it's total space and light that make the real differences

really??? over 12 pounds per 1000 watts of light? was this in a green house with the 20000 watts of light being supplemental ? if not

no way in hell... sorry bud....

that warehouse is making 700,000 dollars every 2 months AMAZING! Lets be real for a minute @20k watts lets say you are the best grower in the world doing 2.5 lbs per 1000 watt indoors the max you would harvest would be around 50lbs of cured dry meds. I've done multiple runs where i hit almost 2lbs per light where every square inch matters and your telling me you got 7.8 lbs per plant? i'm not sure if you ever saw a 10 lb plant it is over 12 feet tall and 10 feet wide with 3 months of veg time. its IMPOSSIBLE to hit that indoors unless its a green house type of grow where the sun comes into play not supplemental lighting.

Edited by Faygo

Daarkkmatter--time for you to change your name to greenmatter. Now that looks like a bud worthy of the logo on your t-shirt: a patient's bud helping patients help themselves to even greater buds (or something like that).

STRAIN? lime green daquari? I can't wait to drink some of that! Cheers for LongHairBri'sHydroSystem!