Sentencing Oct 1St Asking For Supporters!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I have experienced the full extent of a sentencing judges "leniency" when convicted of the heinous crime of (this is what I pled Guilty to in court, per my "agreement" with the prosecutors' office!)...ATTEMPTED POSSESSION with Intent to distribute. I received the MAXIMUM here in Michigan in 2003, and served all 4 calendar years for it. It is utterly atrocious and unconscionable that STILL in this socio-economic condition, our government chooses to face down one of the least severe "crimes" against its' citizens with an aggressive lock 'em up habit that destroys families and eats away at taxpayer funds that could be used in a myriad of more productive endeavors. My hope is that as many people as are able to do so show up and display their true support for the cause of protecting patients here in OUR home state. The federal government ought not be able to rend asunder what thousands of citizens have worked diligently toward for decades-SAFE, LEGAL ACCESS in MICHIGAN. (on a personal note, my heart really goes out to you and your folk, young lady! Be Strong. Farr Heill, and May the Gods go with Your Family in these travails!!! ZRoofer and Shanel0420)

Stories like this have changed my opinion of jury duty.

I used to actively try and avoid it.

Now, I look forward to being able to do my civic duty..

Everybody should educate themselves about jury nullification.

Then get to work at undermining the governments efforts at undermining the law. (MI anyways)

Edited by I wood

a Rule of Federal Law, which but for the apathy of the People, goes unchecked.

Do you really believe it's apathy. I mean there a lot of people that seem to care that posted just in this topic.

It's because our government ran with the "drugs are bad" campaign and embedded into everyone's brains, but that doesn't work anymore. Almost everyone under the age of 30 is on our side. We just have to wait another 20 years for all the people that were raised thinking drugs are bad to start dying off and then we'll start to see change.

Our government was set up so that change has to happen slowly. it's frustrating but it's also necessary. If anyone could just go change anything at anytime can you imagine how messed up our economy would be.

Here's an example: When the Tea Party got so popular in 2010, if the government was quickly changeable, they would have changed a bunch of stuff and then just a year later, before any changes they made were even in effect, the Occupy movement came in and swept it all away reversing things quickly. Can you imagine what our economy would be like?

In their infinite wisdom the founding fathers foresaw problems like that and set up a system where that couldn't happen. Frustrating yes, but total the right way to do it.

apathy - definition of apathy by the Free Online Dictionary ...

www.thefreedictionary.com/apathy

Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference. 2. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.

ya, I would submit Apathy sums it up quite well.

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing." Edward Burke

Yes our Founders were very smart, they were so intune to the probability the government would grow far beyond its suggested powers, they put in place protections. But they are NOT guaranteed rights. they must be maintained and fought for unfortunately by nearly every generation. The 2nd Amendment and the 13th Amendment are the 2 protections when all other listed right to redress fails. And as sad as it is, that list is shorter by the day.

Our Founding Fathers also knew there was a time for talk, and a time for action from the People. In the last 150 yrs of talk, the People have lost more and more, while the government has taken more and more. I believe it is safe to say our Founding Fathers would of Taken up Arms against the Government around 1913 and the illegal institution of the Federal Reserve Bank.

Slow and Steady also tends to mean Long and Painful. 70 years and counting seems to be long enough. And that is just on the cannabis subject.

sorry, the tea party was a joke. it was never a serious movement.

its still just a republican front.

the tea party only got press because fox news and other big media companies wanted it to.

look at the numbers of the rallies they had. i think the 'rally to restore sanity' by john stewart had 10x more people than the tea party rally.

ron paul's rallies got more people (and donations) than the tea party rallies.

i dont have the numbers on the occupy protests. have to look it up yourself. but you are mixing the tea party political party of candidates vs a protest movement. if occupy was a political party with people running for office, you could compare them. occupy never sponsored any legislation. it never submitted any bills to congress. etc. (that i know of anyways).

as for apathy? 50% of america wants to straight up legalize durgs. they arent protesting every single drug bust. but they're already with you.

the real problem is that americans are not getting the correct representation in government.

the lack of apathy you speak of comes from judges, prosecutors and law enforcement as well. where is their compassion? why isnt more pressure being put on judges to fix this??

What about the progress we have made? How did we get there? Maybe its apathy over people infighting, politics between clubs?

I am cynical about our government, but we have seen progress - progress was by effort of people.

I like to fix your old quote here -

""In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing." Edward Burke"

It should be "In Order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for people to harass and sabotage good men, so they cannot do anything."

People keep talking about how bad this is, did we forget what a patient's life was like before 2009?

There are at least 50,000 growers in michigan (assuming the 220,000 cardholder figure) who are not arrested or harassed by LEO. Granted - No one talks about the successful grows - as that was the first rule of a successful grow...

the sentencing is done.. yes Gerald got the min. 10 yrs.. the judge wanted to give less but stress the mandatory 10 and that he was not allowed to give less...Jeremy was also sentenced to his min. 5 yrs..both with probation after and large fines..my advice to you all is not to listen to the cops advice..as we did and were set up.. i would stay way under 99 and sick to the 49.. the appeal will be starting asap and prob will not end up in court for a year.. i will try to keep you posted..if you want to contact me message me.. please don't post things unless you no the facts.. and thank you for the support here..wish you all the best..

Ashley Duval

if you want to follow more also Gerald out my father has a fb page us. vs duval the judge let them out and they will report when told to in about 2 weeks on there own

Was this a second offense for gerald thus the ten year mandatory minimum? or was there 2 different offenses?

I am truly sorry and do hope your lives can carry on after this.

And your 49 plants statement is what i give people when pressed on EXACTLY what dangers could be involved.

Edited by Malamute

the sentencing is done....my advice to you all is not to listen to the cops advice..as we did

Ashley Duval

if you want to follow more also Gerald out my father has a fb page us. vs duval the judge let them out and they will report when told to in about 2 weeks on there own

So, stay as far below the radar as best able (while openly listed by LARA) and stand on your right to keep your mouth shut to leo.

Judge Larson gave all the 'leniency' he is allowed to--he let the atrocious cartel criminals run the streets for 2 more weeks to get their affairs in order and bid goodbye.

God bless your family, Ashley, you are decent family and folk and--at a terrible price--no longer so naieve about the Fed gov.

The leos who knifed your family are not bad bad people per se; they had (have, always do have ) different interests than you folks and you (naively) failed to recognize their loyalty was not you or anything you were doing, it was to their careers and so their smiles were meant to distract your attention from their knives.

Edited by pic book

guns would appear to only be a bad thing if one isnt prepared to use them. ya i know fly low way under the radar act like a scared rabbit in field full of hounds.... after all we are free, obammers gonna protect us as long as we follow state law right? i mean no people legal under state law would be attacked by the feds.... oh ya thats all moo poo.

so if you cant trust the word of LEO about compliance.

who do you go to get answers from? do you start a lawsuit in court to find the answer?

do you ask the PA? the governor? the president?

who can you trust?

no one

:thumbsu:

No government agency is ever there to help you in any way shape or form.

Their only purpose is to increase their power and funds.

Hopefully we'll wake up some day and take back our country.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson