So, Since You've Been A Legal Cardholder Have You Noticed More Police Presence?

Whether it be getting pulled over more or them cruising by your place more. Or friends and family getting pulled over and your name was brought up? Or them showing up at your work? Or anything similar to this?

I'm just curious because back in 2001 I messed up and got a DUI. I was 26 and had just lost my job and my apartment. Well, a friend and I were celebrating this and a fifth of 100 proof whiskey and too many bars to remember later... I was sitting  in the Kalamazoo City jail. blah, blah, blah.. fines, probation and intensive-outpatient rehab and about 10 months later I had finished everything. I finished my probation sentenced earlier than expected. Yeah, my PO was "very satisfied" in my performance. All in all I thought I was done with this "DUI", but later...

Later, I had noticed that I was frequently getting pulled over. Never was it for anything other than a "check to see if I was drinking stop". Heck, one time a LEO asked me: "How much have you had to drink?" before he asked me for my license and registration. Then, he ran my stuff and came back and told me: "Keep that stereo down!!". I was in the country and my muffler was louder than my door speakers could ever be. Roughly, for about 5-6 years after my DUI I was being pulled over randomly at least 2-3 times a year. Since, then I haven't been pulled over at all. About a month or two ago I was followed, but he had no reason to pull me over because everything was legal (tags, insurance, license). So, I'm just curious if it's that way with your card?

although I am more paranoid now than I ever was, I feel its because now I read forums. Follow the law, don't have parties, or vacations anymore, don't entertain much either. only a couple relatives know what I do. I have no worries of leo buggin me. they seem to pick on non compliant registries. dot your i's and cross your tee's like your life depends on it, all will be fine.

no more police presence than the usual seatbelt checks, speed traps etc.

the card isnt tied into the dmv or SoS or anything.

the only way they can look your mmj status is if you hand them your mmj card.

its all confidential.

of course, oakland county is probably breaking this rule haha

Edited by t-pain

no more police presence than the usual seatbelt checks, speed traps etc.

the card isnt tied into the dmv or SoS or anything.

the only way they can look your mmj status is if you hand them your mmj card.

its all confidential.

of course, oakland county is probably breaking this rule haha

I can see you know your County well

although I am more paranoid now than I ever was, I feel its because now I read forums. Follow the law, don't have parties, or vacations anymore, don't entertain much either. only a couple relatives know what I do. I have no worries of leo buggin me. they seem to pick on non compliant registries. dot your i's and cross your tee's like your life depends on it, all will be fine.

Yeah, now that I'm older I don't speed or anything like that any more. For some reason, I obey the driving laws, now that I am older. Not out of choice, but, maybe, because I don't want the hassle of LEO, or that I just don't need to drive so fast! LOL. Seriously, I just catching myself obeying all traffic laws. In the long run, I think, it's better not to ever deal with the police.

• 2 months later...

Every dui arrest you've had, will show up on your vehicle registration.  Whether you've been convicted or not.

So when a cop runs your plate, he will know about your dui's and look for an excuse to pull you over.

Since driving is considered a privilege and not a right, driver doesn't have the constitutional protection of refusing a search or refusing a breathalyzer. 

The cop is supposed to have a reason to pull you over, but it isn't that hard to make something up.

I don't know why some of you love cops so much.  Everytime they pull you over, you risk losing $200 or more.

The only cop I love is a retired one and he is my pops! phaq the rest of them, them phaqing muscle heads need to learn from the retired cops, they need to learn respect how to give and get respect, instead they muscle you into respecting them. my friends dont like it if im in the car when they get pulled over, if it is for a lil speeding ticket or broken equip I like to mess with leo, they get so frustrated if you dont respect them, who the phaq are they to have my respect, I didnt make them be an a-hole cop they chose that on their own!

ok now a stupid question lol what did that mean you put some aluminum foil on your antennae? yea Im sure Ive heard it, but I have no clue right now, I just medicated and well what did I just ask!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

lol  like a tin foil hat for his car

5173OjSAXWL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow- some folks believe that a tin foil hat will protect them from anything, geesh..

Thank you both for making me feel inferior! bawahahahahahaha!

Im getting me one, can I skip the antanne and just put it on my head, I mean its bald any way but I may as well make it so it blinds them eh?

Peace

Unrelated but might be interesting to some;

Back in 1981 I was caught smoking a joint in a park. I was searched and given a ticket to appear. Sometime after that I was looking at the back of my drivers license and I saw this small D in pencil in the corner. The only person who touched my license was the cop that gave me a ticket. That's how they marked you in the old days. I'm sure they still would love to mark you in some way now. Makes their job easier in a 'cheater' sort of way.

The only cop I love is a retired one and he is my pops! phaq the rest of them, them phaqing muscle heads need to learn from the retired cops, they need to learn respect how to give and get respect, instead they muscle you into respecting them. my friends dont like it if im in the car when they get pulled over, if it is for a lil speeding ticket or broken equip I like to mess with leo, they get so frustrated if you dont respect them, who the phaq are they to have my respect, I didnt make them be an a-hole cop they chose that on their own!

ok now a stupid question lol what did that mean you put some aluminum foil on your antennae? yea Im sure Ive heard it, but I have no clue right now, I just medicated and well what did I just ask!

Peace

If you dont already know then it is too late for you Jim............. It was good knowing ya........ JK..........

I head fukd an Ohio State trooper at Findlay recently. He was playing some silly game, speeding up and slowing down in traffic. I'd followed him for several miles from Bowling Green. Finally he slowed and I maintained the same speed he had been at,  passing him.  He immediately pulled me over. I sternly asked, "How can I help you officer?" as he came to my window. When he suggested i'd been driving over eighty I let him know that was not the case and that I had been behind him for a miles and had driven no faster than he. He began to hem haw and looked like a deer in the headlights, trying to maintain his composure. The second time he said that he was going to check my license and registration I told him in a clear and loud voice, "I would like that very much. Will you please? I don't have time to waste." looking him square in the face with my impatience clearly showing. In the end he simply told me to slow it down. I told him, "Sure officer. I'll do just that." in a tone that was intended to tell him to fuk himself. I'm sure he got the message.

But yeah. I live in a small town where I can drive two miles to the expressway. It is not uncommon to see three or four cruisers on the way out town or returning home.