Has Anyone Heard That You Cannot Grow In The City Of Roseville

hummous

'a cg is the same as a disp' could have many shades of meanings, some legal and ok, some illegal, and some are legal in one circumstance, others not, it is like saying a hooker is female so a hooker is a wife...they have similarities but mostly the statement  is bogus. 

Edited by pic book

so it was roseville cops? not county or state?

if the complaint or warrant said multiple people were going into your friends house to buy marijuana.

cg can only transfer to 5 registered patients. any more than that and its 'maintaining a drug house'.

the city ordinances are going to be decided by the supreme court in the next 8 months. john ter beek vs wyoming is the case.

theres a few posts on the forum here about it.

Edited by t-pain

I know this case well as this is a friend of mine, this person is completely legal there was no people in or out of the home this person was helping a patient and cops showed  up and both had medical cards but cops told the caregiver that it is "illegal to be a caregiver in the city of roseville" then proceeded to get a warrant within an hour and did a seizure of everything including a snow blower, daughters truck but let them pay the tow bill 8 hours later to get it right back.  The house was vandalized. Then city sent this person a letter telling them that the house didnt pass an inspection that never happened, that was bogus too.  City council when asked by email where the ordinance was that you can not be a caregiver returned a statement staying " we look at caregivers as dispensaries".  Yes this person has a attorney and case is now going to circuit as they now dismissed a portion of the case but not the rest due to plant count. But if part was dismissed it should make the seizure invalid.  The warrant is in question as well.

The actual plants were fine in bloom just that the clone machine had clones that put the count over the cargiver was in the middle of transplanting and had not destroyed them before leaving the house. The caregiver to patient transaction was dismissed as both parties were valid registered people. Only part going to circuit is the plant count from seizure now. The cops did alot of things wrong that night, the warrant is possibly bad as well.  Then when they got the letter from city for an inspection that never happened the harassment continued.  From what I heard last is that the end result will be a misdemeanor possession charge for the plant count issue.  They have seen a civil attorney for possible breech of civil rights, possibly forged warrant, many other issues, like warrant had no affidavit nor would they produce one outside of telling homeowner that " Its illegal to be a caregiver in Roseville and we do this to discourage anyone from doing this or ever thinking of doing this we do not like it and we will not allow it."  So it truly was cops on a personal vendetta that night, refused to give heart patient meds that night to questioning a minor with no parent there.  Lot things happened.

I know this case well as this is a friend of mine, this person is completely legal there was no people in or out of the home this person was helping a patient and cops showed  up and both had medical cards but cops told the caregiver that it is "illegal to be a caregiver in the city of roseville" then proceeded to get a warrant within an hour and did a seizure of everything including a snow blower, daughters truck but let them pay the tow bill 8 hours later to get it right back.  The house was vandalized. Then city sent this person a letter telling them that the house didnt pass an inspection that never happened, that was bogus too.  City council when asked by email where the ordinance was that you can not be a caregiver returned a statement staying " we look at caregivers as dispensaries".  Yes this person has a attorney and case is now going to circuit as they now dismissed a portion of the case but not the rest due to plant count. But if part was dismissed it should make the seizure invalid.  The warrant is in question as well.

The actual plants were fine in bloom just that the clone machine had clones that put the count over the cargiver was in the middle of transplanting and had not destroyed them before leaving the house. The caregiver to patient transaction was dismissed as both parties were valid registered people. Only part going to circuit is the plant count from seizure now. The cops did alot of things wrong that night, the warrant is possibly bad as well.  Then when they got the letter from city for an inspection that never happened the harassment continued.  From what I heard last is that the end result will be a misdemeanor possession charge for the plant count issue.  They have seen a civil attorney for possible breech of civil rights, possibly forged warrant, many other issues, like warrant had no affidavit nor would they produce one outside of telling homeowner that " Its illegal to be a caregiver in Roseville and we do this to discourage anyone from doing this or ever thinking of doing this we do not like it and we will not allow it."  So it truly was cops on a personal vendetta that night, refused to give heart patient meds that night to questioning a minor with no parent there.  Lot things happened.

Hmmm,  sounds like a mess and i hope this friend can find some way to get these charges dropped.

But,  there are some key phrases in there that perk my ears. 

"this person is completely legal there was no people in or out of the home this person was helping a patient and cops showed  up and both had medical cards"

"they now dismissed a portion of the case but not the rest due to plant count."

"The actual plants were fine in bloom just that the clone machine had clones that put the count over"

"The caregiver to patient transaction was dismissed as both parties were valid registered people."

"Only part going to circuit is the plant count"

"the end result will be a misdemeanor possession charge for the plant count issue."

So when i read this , and please full correct any misreading,  this caregiver was selling medical marihuana to a patient who had a card but was not registered to that caregiver through the registry system? For some unknown reason, the police showed up while this patient was there? This house supposedly had a slightly higher traffic rate of visitors than its neighbours? The police claimed reasonable suspicion that a crime was being committed?  The registry cards were not connected? They then proceded to search? They found the caregiver to be well over their plant count? They then requested a warrant? Seized all property based on profit from illegal drug sales? They dropped the transfer charge between pt/cg even though they were not connected to registry(main question i had)? Yet still have a felony charge possible because of the caregiver growing too many plants? But a plea bargain for a misdemeanor is likely?

Sound about right?

The actual plants were fine in bloom just that the clone machine had clones that put the count over the cargiver was in the middle of transplanting and had not destroyed them before leaving the house.

The caregiver to patient transaction was dismissed as both parties were valid registered people. Only part going to circuit is the plant count from seizure now. The cops did alot of things wrong that night, the warrant is possibly bad as well.

Then when they got the letter from city for an inspection that never happened the harassment continued.  From what I heard last is that the end result will be a misdemeanor possession charge for the plant count issue.

They have seen a civil attorney for possible breech of civil rights, possibly forged warrant, many other issues, like warrant had no affidavit nor would they produce one outside of telling homeowner that

" Its illegal to be a caregiver in Roseville and we do this to discourage anyone from doing this or ever thinking of doing this we do not like it and we will not allow it."  So it truly was cops on a personal vendetta that night, refused to give heart patient meds that night to questioning a minor with no parent there.  Lot things happened.

Call the A.C.L.U let them know your friend had his  civil rights stepped on in so many ways  and let us know how things go

forged warrant can't hold up in a court room they tried that on us and a lot more people here many times but the courts won as they do almost 95% of the time because a jury won't here the facts we had the judge on the stand and she told the judge that there was only 1 hour and 26 minuets missing from the time stamp on the warrant 

Good luck and sorry about your friend he should be fine tell him to keep fighting the good fight for us all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was busted in Clinton township and went through 16th circuit court. I am a convicted felon for a caregiver to paitent transfer (pre McQueen) in the same venue. now I see a local Shelby dispensary advertising online "caregiver to paitent sales are legal". I would love to know more about this case! something is going on the courts don't want to let out... maybe the blue water appeal. please mssg me and let me know so I can research...

what a bummer, I hope your friend is legal and prepared. I wish him and his the best.

Gm let me ask you something.  Do you deliver to your pt's or do you let them come to you?  This is not a trick question, I beleive I already know your answer, but maybe if you answer me in here a few may learn something.

Peace

I was busted in Clinton township and went through 16th circuit court. I am a convicted felon for a caregiver to paitent transfer (pre McQueen) in the same venue. now I see a local Shelby dispensary advertising online "caregiver to paitent sales are legal". I would love to know more about this case! something is going on the courts don't want to let out... maybe the blue water appeal. please mssg me and let me know so I can research...

TheCityofRosevilleZoningOrdinanceisherebyamendedtoadd Section1909as follows

Medical Marihuana Dispensaries shall be permitted in OS B1 2B B3 1 and 21

districts subjectto review and approval by the Planning Commission provided that they meetthe conditions setforth in this section 

so they sell ordinance licenses to a select few citizens the right to break MCL....

TheCityofRosevilleZoningOrdinanceisherebyamendedtoadd Section1909as follows

Medical Marihuana Dispensaries shall be permitted in OS B1 2B B3 1 and 21

districts subjectto review and approval by the Planning Commission provided that they meetthe conditions setforth in this section 

so they sell ordinance licenses to a select few citizens the right to break MCL....

Well, no. Not at all. The ordinance requires that the operation be in compliance with MDCH rules. So any "dispensary" would need to be limited to a place where a CG transfers only to his/her five registered patients.

Gm let me ask you something.  Do you deliver to your pt's or do you let them come to you?  This is not a trick question, I beleive I already know your answer, but maybe if you answer me in here a few may learn something.

Peace

No patient comes to my home or garden. During interviews we establish the type of service they may require, maybe home delivery for disabled patients, or maybe we have lunch once a month at a pre selected restaurant.  Sometimes a patient is in a hurry and I'll hop into their car in a restaurant parking lot for the hello and exchange, really any place that the patient wishes to meet I am willing, except my garden. Of course, I have only five patients at one time, so its never inconvenient to deliver, five times a month for example. My patients would tell you they went through the most rigorous interview ever with me, but they now totally understand. When they become caregivers they rinse and repeat, with the same success.

I have a few reasons for the no patient at the garden rule, but mostly it occurs as common sense. NO patient has even lived in the same county as me for that matter. Not on purpose necessarily but might be in the future. 

grassmatch(ed)