Feds Raid Marijuana Dispensary

Zerocool

"medical marijuana dealers, when they're conducting business within the law, we don't have any problem with them," Dawkins said.

Guns and marijuana aren't a good combo, there's alot of dispensarys operating with out problems, but if you are in it for the money, with out taking notes and finding the right strains that treat certain patients, I think that's what they look for, like I said. Stick close to HB4271 and ease it on in, don't advertise and don't be greedy, I'm not referring to this particular case, but, receive enough compensation to cover costs of growing it.. Don't try and retire and over run the state government..open a "provision center" for your five patients, maybe bring in another caregiver for their 5 patients and so forth...just enough so sick and elderly folks don't have to meet at gas stations and walmart parking lots. Just my opinion.

why do all of these fine businessmen have such bad friends who call the poleece any chance they get ?

A counter worker referred him to the only other dispensary in the region, Noggins, in Calumet.

Noggins owner Ry Kochsiek said that his shop was still in business, that he made it a point to avoid guns entirely and kept a close eye on any legal technicalities that could put him afoul of the law.

Maybe he needed more business ?

It's been decided that the police do not have the responsibility to protect citizens. citizens have the responsibility to protect themselves.

If I ever felt the need to keep a firearm at my place of business, I would change my career, or avoid it all together. I cant imagine how much money I would have to make to carry one as part of my job, as a real and present danger self protection,  just me.

I would acquit him of all charges brought forth in this raid, as well as any subsequent charges against everyone else involved in this investigation.

I understand the law and anyone wishing to stay out of jail should follow the law.

Having said that, the desire for self protection is easy to understand when very often the police will not protect you or your business.

I'm a little more worried about being around to go to jail than going to jail.

sounds good, but what caregiver is going to pay rent at a facility only to meet with their patients for transfer?  Would the patients have to anty up to cover/recoup operational costs ? 

"medical marijuana dealers, when they're conducting business within the law, we don't have any problem with them," Dawkins said.

Guns and marijuana aren't a good combo, there's alot of dispensarys operating with out problems, but if you are in it for the money, with out taking notes and finding the right strains that treat certain patients, I think that's what they look for, like I said. Stick close to HB4271 and ease it on in, don't advertise and don't be greedy, I'm not referring to this particular case, but, receive enough compensation to cover costs of growing it.. Don't try and retire and over run the state government..open a "provision center" for your five patients, maybe bring in another caregiver for their 5 patients and so forth...just enough so sick and elderly folks don't have to meet at gas stations and walmart parking lots. Just my opinion.

Grassmatch, that's just a thought, multiple caregivers in a group to work with different strains for all kinds of ailments. I think if five caregivers were to pull together for the best medicine/strains. Then they may be able to afford a building, I don't know though, who really knows... By the time somthing like that did get established the county/city would just harp on them anyhow. It's like it all still has to be done underground but told we have a right to consume our medicine. But then we don't, then we do then we don't..

Maybe so it could be just like any other business.  It says we are not supposed to be treated differently, anything hindering being like any other business is being treated differently.

When I want to find a rite aid there is a big sign.  I'm have not been here very long.  Why can't I have the same treatment as everyone else in their being a sign to point me in the right direction.

Edited by Norby

If you need a big blinking sign to find your caregiver then I believe you are using the wrong one.

Oh, thought we were talking about dispensaries.  If your caregiver is trying to draw anyone in off the streets you have the wrong one.

Liked your post but I reached my quota for the day

Edited by Norby

Yea, I wouldn't hang a sign blinking a huge pot leaf with the numbers 4:20 in the window. I WOULD put a sign up in regards to the business though, and I would not sell to any joe off the street, I'm talking about actual folks that rely on MMJ in substitute for opiates and narcotics, and true caregivers with premium meds, flowers, oils, tinctures and edibles. Ex: 5 caregivers and 25 patients.. Not growing on site, sharing house or renting a warehouse for 5 CGs to coop grow in.. A place for education, and help your patients away from your family, it should be handled in a professional manner. Internet access, literature. Then again, it looks like they will bring back the Dispencaries, and again there is so much jealousy and greed going on out there in the mmj community, that we may just destroy our own act we wanted for so long.. :-(

If you could possibly be satisfied with your 5 LEGAL patients then we could all live happily ever after ..... But now you want 25. Then you want 125. The only thing standing between you and the fortune due you now IS our law. OUR law is the greatest enemy you ever faced. Yet you pretend to adore it....

Edited by Restorium2

I think heavy needs patients won't ever have a hard time locating a suitable caregiver. For growers looking to pay the whole garden costs, or even trying to supplement their income, a gram a day patient may even be overlooked. I suspect there will always be larger scale and smaller scale growers, even to accommodate five patients, and hope it evens out so all patients have access. If not, as we see now, a market of some sort would be the immediate answer. The lesser needs would be fulfilled by the markets and the greater needs by the caregivers with time ,space, and equipment to meet their needs. 

Currently many patients with smaller needs are forced to meet their needs the same way we all did before the Act, and I'd like to see that avenue closed.

I am content to serve 5 patients. I would be able to able to explore breeding potentials, garden technologies, seed production, and clone provisions with five more patients, and ten more may be able to supplement my income, and compensate labor expenses.  For now, I am happy with five patients.