Crazy darn Bird Behavior

Was watching a mole push dirt around out in the yard, thinking to myself, I should really kill that stupid thing..about 10 mins go by, the little bugger is mounding dirt out in the sunlight..but there be yonder Dinky Crow, eyein' said Mole over...and it swept down from the tree and snagged the critter. Never saw a crow snag a mole before..

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

jack russel huh? i had a rat terrier once, similar breed,

it didnt catch any moles, but decided to dig out the mole tunnels.

that dog dug 4 trenches , 8inches wide, 10 inches deep and 50ft long in my yard.

was a pain in the neck to fill all those back in with dirt.

Sort of mean buggers really, sort of just flew up to the post out there and dropped it on the road from about..oh 30ft or so

I saw three crows gang up on a hawk last week. They kept dive bombing it in the head as it flew away. We have owls in our woods. Owls eat things whole and eventualy cough out the bones, fur, and hair. What they cough up is called an 'owl ball'. The crows harass the owls until they 'cough it up' so they can have a snack. I can tell where an owl is when I hear the crows squawking.

Love owls. We have some Great Horned hooters that are a joy to listen to. Their calls echo through the twilight and the woods calling to each other. Then theres the Screech owl that I thought was a cougar....................Once on a buggy ride,we actually saw 5 at one time in a tree,right next to the dirt road. We stopped and they let us look at them for quite a while. Probably because we had the horse and buggy instead of a car. It was one of those magic moments that Nature some times lets us see. But I still don't know what the Fox says.

Love owls. We have some Great Horned hooters that are a joy to listen to. Their calls echo through the twilight and the woods calling to each other. Then theres the Screech owl that I thought was a cougar....................Once on a buggy ride,we actually saw 5 at one time in a tree,right next to the dirt road. We stopped and they let us look at them for quite a while. Probably because we had the horse and buggy instead of a car. It was one of those magic moments that Nature some times lets us see. But I still don't know what the Fox says.

They will freak you out in the middle of the night until you know what it is;

A few summers ago, my kids and I were watching a young bird that couldn't fly as it hopped around  the grass.  We wanted to see if there was a mother bird nearby.  The little thing seemed OK and was chirping off and on.  We were all surprised when we saw an adult bird - some other kind of bird even - fly down and drop food into the little bird's mouth and then fly away.  We watched a little longer and never saw the second bird again.  Sadly, the next day the little bird was dead, but we still often talk about how cool it was that a completely different kind of bird stopped to help.