Cured From Ibs

Norby

That sounds like good advice Norby. But I have no idea where to get this stuff.Tincture with coconut oil and olive oil is too much for me. If a certain person contacted me,I would be thrilled to get some of his tincture,even with the alcohol because I know it works. But I will NOT buy it from the disp,the price is high,and I wouldn't even know if it would work until I got home,and if it didn't,I get a nice long drive back into the city to return it. Absolute and Valium work,and I have plenty of that. How ironic that you can DRINK yourself to death with the blessing of the state,huh?

Easy as pie.

• Get some Everclear or 151 Rum.
  • Obtain the cannabis of your choice.
  • Freeze the alcohol, freeze the herb. (1 gram of bud per ounce of alcohol, double the amount of herb if using shake)
  • Combine the two and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
  • Strain through a coffee filter.
  • If the alcohol is too strong for you mix 50/50 with food grade glycerin.
  • You can also mix the 1 ounce of alcohol tincture with 1 ounce of glycerin and 1 ounce of water. (preferably distilled or filtered)

I'm currently experimenting with the 3 part solution adding lecithin to increase bio-availability. In fact I'm going to try it tonight so if it works out well I'll post the complete recipe.

Went to the German Festival today.  Looked everyone in the eye. Conversed well.  Had no social anxiety in a tent full of people, loud german music in the background with terrible feedback, could hardly hear the people I was talking to over the crowd and I just felt slightly annoyed.  I swear it's like someone flipped a switch. I have never in my life had such an easygoing social outing.  Smile on my face the whole time.

I really wish I had my old strains.  I'd love to test to see if I was choosing hi CBD strains as I was breeding them.  I remember times in my life when I had no problem getting a job in another state and leaving and then about half way thru I'd get bored, anxious and a bit freaked out.  I also started smoking the local mexican or boulders or oregons finest or some of kentuckies best.

So this is all from caps from some schwag Cannatonic.#4, looks  a bit rough and old.  I can not wait to find a clone and grow it myself.  Looks like I'm dispensary dependent for the next couple months.  guess I've been missing half my medicine all this time.

Hardcore harvest on State st(or Vienna rd.) in Montrose.  It's not too expensive for a dispense.  It was only $40 per 1/8th(I know expensive comparatively).  Still more expensive but not bad compared to $20/gr.  I'm thinking that I'm making about 30mg caps.  3.5 x 140mg/gr =490 mg/16caps = appr. 31mg.  I've been taking about 2 - 2.5/ day so it's about $5 a day.  I plan on picking up an ounce next time.  Once I grow my own I plan on upping that tremendously.  I've read you can take lots and I really think it may keep me from becoming like my aunt and grandmother are.  There is DEFINITELY problems mentally on that side of the family.  My poor grandmother used to curse at random people and got nasty some and spent a year of her life not leaving her room when she was near my age.  Won't go into my Aunt's problems.  i definitely picked up my mind from that side of the family, not my grandfather's side who is 95 and forgetting things but content as a pig in shiit.

You should think about the lecithin for bioavailability.  Since there is an inherent problem with getting it thru your body to the right places.  The tincture set under your tongue should absorb right into your bloodstream thru the capillaries.  You may also want to take the caps as it would get it thru your gut and be able to help there too.  It seems the biggest hurdle is getting it to the right parts of your body.  The sublingual tincture should be the best bet for anxiety relief though since it goes right to the brain where needed.

• 2 months later...

Up to about 134lbs.  Joined a gym.  5.6% body fat.  Youch.  Got some protein bars.  Seem to be able to handle the whey as long as there isn't powdered milk in it.

More relaxed than ever now that I've added the hi CBD capsules.  I still have to smoke after eating if it's crappy food.  Not as bulletproof as I was when I was just taking the hi THC caps but the anxiety is gone and I'm not taking as many of the THC caps or smoking as much either.  Give a little get a little I guess.  I'm still do better than my wife so I guess I'm "normal"?

Now that I have my own Canna #4 I'm going to experiment a bit with higher levels of the CBD caps.  I've noticed mine are working a bit better, possibly because it's fresh and hasn't been sitting in a dispensary for a spell and I know mine has no pesticides.  Possibly just healing the further along I get in the treatment.

Just wanted people to know if you have anxiety problems you may want to try hi CBD caps.  Although I took the ascension CBD caps and I'm not sure if they are decarbed. I took 2 15mg caps, when I was taking 1 of my 20mg caps for a dose at a time, and had to take one I made myself from the dispensary flowers as the ascension caps didn't seem to do anything for anxiety.  I waited 2 hours.  It's a shame that good hi CBD meds are that hard to come by.  Definitely has changed my life.

Also, with the depression going away I've noticed I remember a lot more of the good things from the past.  Things I'd forgot about.  Seems like I was only "accessing" the failures, bad times, times I screwed up, etc. When shiit goes wrong I bounce back a lot quicker.  I'm dancing again.  I may look like the gopher from caddyshack but at least it's groovin to the music, something I haven't done in a long while. :)

• 2 months later...

Another update:

I think I've found another piece to the puzzle!  Was reading about antibiotic syndrome where you take antibiotics without antifungals and Candida(yeast) takes over your digestive system.  I had an operation when I was 6-9ish? where i was given a course of antibiotics.  That's where my sugar cravings started. 

The first clue was the test of spitting in a glass of water and stringers hanging down.  Sounds sick but years ago I did the test when I didn't want to get up to spit( I know).  So I read on.  Seems a dr. was giving the cure(one of which is coconut oil, 4 tblsp a day) to her or his patients because they saw that candida problems had gone up over the years and patients were relieved of autism like symptoms, fatigue, depression, anxiety, sore joints and other random problems.  Not all but about 30%(which was what showed up in autopsy reports to the % of population with candida problems).  I may be a little off on the info, I miss specifics and take the general idea from the article. So when I started taking CBD I was doubling my intake of coconut oil because I was now taking THC and CBD caps and CBD is a great antifungal.  So reading on I see a description of the reaction that happens to people when they kill off a bunch of bad germs in tehir body, they get a toxic affect all at once.  These candida where creating a mycotoxic affect because of their waste production and when you kill them off all at once it gets worse because of the flood of them all dying at once.

That would explain why I immediately lost my sugar cravings.  The yeast has evolved it's waste products with us over time such that the ones that make us crave sugar and starch(which is what candida feeds on) were the most successful so the gut fauna actually influences your cravings.

One of the other things that I experienced was exhaustion.  I felt sore and kinda miserable but I attributed it to being so tense for so long that the CBD made me stop tensing up and I was sore from having my muscles so tensed.  I don't think that was the case anymore.  I think it was this Jarisch-Herxheimer  reaction from the candida dying off.  Some of the symptoms are flu like(shivers), fatigue, anxiety, depression, anger, etc.  I think I fended off the anxiety,depression, etc. from the hi rate of CBD. 

If it wasn't the original problem which has caused damage that I'm healing from, as it's getting better every day, it did excaserbate the underlying problems.  It could account for all the anxiety and gas and bloating and inflammation.  When I started with the THC medibles it reduced the inflammation but didn't cure the sugar craving and bad diet, whereas smoking would only suppress the pain.  It made me better than I had been in a long time.  The second step, CBD, killed off most of the candida and has taken away the bad cravings and took away the underlying problem and is helping in the healing process, both mentally and physically. 

I don't wake up in the morning in a shock, worrying about the events of the day.  I have been able to keep to a schedule of taking my vitamins and beneficial bacteria caps, which I've never been able to do, I always forget and it falls out of routine. I'm not as "happy" as I was when it first started but I think that was just elation of becoming "normal" again because of what I was going thru.  If the anxiety was from the candida infection then I should be able to go off CBD eventually because I won't be anxious anymore.  I have been down to one CBD cap a day and it didn't come back.  I even got a wrong cut and was only taking THC caps, which I thought were CBD because I hadn't got the lab tests back, for about 2 weeks.  The overdecarbing the THC(cbd takes an hour as opposed to 30 min. for THC) so I think they were acting more as sedatives with a higher CBN ratio.

What brought me to read more about it was the similarities to the Endocannabinoid Deficiency Syndrome in that the symptoms vary patient to patient because of underlying weaknesses in teh body according to lifestyle and genetics.  The symptoms can vary from autism like, MS like, IBS/crohn's/UC like and actually cause things like diabetes and other diseases.  I'm wondering if CBD oil can cure diseases in 2 ways by supplying the endocannbinoids to fix problems along with killing off candida which can cause a lot of the disease symptoms in I guess 30% of the pop according to autopsies.  It may be able to cure 50% or more of the diseases out there if 30% are caused by candida and another large percent caused by EDS?

i dont hear many people talking about the anti-bacterial properties of marijuana. especially the anti-bacterial / anti-fungal effects within the body.

if a bunch of fungus/gut bacteria dies off at once, it will give off lots of gas, mycotoxins, alcohol etc, which will cause inflammation, gas, pain, cramping.

i think the solution was to eat a cup of dirt per year. gotta find clean uncontaminated but fully microbe and bacteria infested dirt. or maybe some worm castings haha ?

doctors have been working on similar cures, although they havent figured out how to exchange gut bacteria itself yet. theres the yogurt way, which helps some people with digestion. theres the healthy-poop-transplant you've seen in the news, but i think that only affects lower gut/colon stuff? does it travel that far back?

so yeah theres still a long way to go in getting people's gut bacteria back to normal. i wonder if they do much study on healthy vs chrons patients and find out how many and what kind of gut bacteria is in both people? maybe theres some bacteria that limits the symptoms?

i was reading an article about people with ear-aches. someone found out that they always had an ear-ache in one ear. nothing the doctor gave them helped it. finally he took some ear wax from the healthy ear and put it in the painful ear... guess what? it fixed his ear-ache.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/10/22/germs-are-us

The patient had been there many times before, always for the same reason—a chronic infection in his left ear. Stubborn ailments like that are common, though they usually occur in both ears.

“It was one of those refractory cases,” Goldberg told me recently. “The doctors had tried everything: several types of antibiotics, antifungal drops, the works. That was standard practice, and we were proud of ourselves for doing it.” Goldberg and I sat one chilly August afternoon in a coffee shop across from his office, in the Clinical Sciences Building. He spoke almost wistfully, as if recalling an antiquated practice, like bloodletting. Despite repeated treatments, the man’s ear had not improved. But on this day he walked into the clinic with a smile, and Goldberg soon saw why: the ear looked great. “I have not felt this well in years,’’ the patient said. “Do you want to know what I did?” The doctor assumed that one of the drugs had finally found its mark. “I took some wax out of my good ear and put it into my bad ear, and in a few days I was fine,” the patient said.

bacterial medicine is a new vector and needs a lot more research and studies. thats why endocannabinoid medicine is so fascinating, it activates/stimulates the body's natural pathways and cellular modulations in so many ways at once.

keep doing more self-study on it norby! and keep a journal or something so everyone can learn from your experiments! great work! :)

The problem with candida is that once it takes over it's hard to get something to colonize without getting rid of the candida.  It can even migrate and cause fungus infections as it morphs to act like a fungus in different parts of the body?  I think that's what I read.  And the mere presence of any bad bacteria or fungus can let bad things(wastes) into the bloodstream that affect thinking, cravings, mood, etc.  They said that this infection CAN turn into/cause arthritis, MS etc. etc. just from the presence and your right the mass die off is worse.  I don't know if there are many misdiagnosed problems because it seems that a disease can be caused by a disease or it can be a mimic caused by bacteria/fungus/etc.  Weird stuff.

One interesting thing I have read is that the mycotoxin from Candida can produce autism like symptoms and another bacteria produced ld5 or something represented by a letter and 2 numbers, that also caused autismlike symptoms.  So maybe I don't have aspergers, have to find out tomorrow when I see the doc if there is a genetic test.

I do remember a couple specific bacteria they found present in a significant number of IBS cases and not in healthy people but it didn't account for all the IBS.  MAybe IBS is more than one thing caused by either one of 2 bacteria, a fungus or genetics or a combination of these things.  Maybe genetics gives a one up to certain bacteria to create a problem.  I personally think that there are many more problems like this antibiotic syndrome because of all the antibiotics in our food, killing the beneficials.

I have been taking Rite Aid generic probiotic 25 billion CFUs and I can't believe how much it's changing everything.  Maybe the initial help with THC caps were some antifungal/antibacterial effects also.

It's neat finally learning about myself, thanks for the good words.

• 1 month later...

So I wanted to update and sum up how I went thru healing myself.  Instead of having one problem I had 3-4.

The first was ridding the inflammation thru THC caps.

The second was clearing the Candida thru use of CBD and more coconut oil since I was taking more caps, the coconut oil is an anti fungal also.  The craving for leafy greens(hi in folate, which is bioactive folic acid) right after taking the CBD was the dieing off of the candida (which made me crave sugars and carbs) and the takeover of my actual cravings that were suppressed.  Amazing how your gut biome can control your anxiety level thru toxins in your system and somehow make you crave the things they feed off and suppress what your body actually wants.

The third was finding out I had the MTHFR mutation(which makes it so my body can only convert 1/2 the folic acid I take in to methylfolate, which is useable vit. b9) and this coupled with the candida overgrowth, and drinking, led to a break down in the methylation cycle.  I was taking vitamins and they were going right thru me because I didn't have the methyl groups present to make the vitamins active because it was tied up trying to get toxins out of the body, connect neurotransmitters, getting alcohol out of my system, make some vit's useable, etc. Finding I also had other genetic markers for low B6 and problems with vit.d utilization and that you can't utilize vit. B12 well without having methylfolate present led me to take bioactive B vit's, Ashwaganda(for healing the gut and antianxiety), Krill oil and other vitamins to replenish my system.

Each step along the way led to further recovery.  Leading to me waking up in the middle of my life with everything I want, anxiety gone, sugar cravings gone, depression gone, I'm proud of myself and my accomplishments, no more hang ups about being accepted or good enough, no more SAD, etc.etc.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still crazy and have IBS but nowhere near where I came from.  It's like I've been jogging with weights on my whole life and I finally dropped them.  It was lack of vits, toxins from the candida and faulty connections because of it that led to my problems.

I got these problems because one dr prescribed(actually a couple over my life) antibiotics without antifungals or probiotics, another diagnosed me with IBS without checking for other problems.  Another told me to take more folic acid, which was already leading to folic acid buildup in my body because I can't process it well.  Not one ever mentioned candida overgrowth, they prescribed xanax for the anxiety and even after the genetic testing my dr. didn't want to look over the results and gave me the wrong information.  I went to a shrink after the first round of CBD and told him I was better.  Had I not taken CBD and stumbled upon ridding myself of candida I could've went to sessions for my anxiety for years and it never would've got to the root of the problem and sure as heck would'nt have cured my sugar cravings and made me crave salad.  Not one of those drs. knew enough to help.  None knew about the mutation, the methylation cycle and candida, they all just left it to IBS.  Had they found inflammation they would have probably prescribed something that would've made it worse.  A lot of meds mess with vit. b availability, esp antacids.

I'm just so thankful I was able to figure out how to cure myself here and then was able to trace it back to what was wrong thru my owners manual from 23andme.com.

I really think the CBD helped a lot with the confusion/aspergers symptoms/neurotransmitter problems which seemed to be fixed with the bioactive vitamins.  I do have markers for autism but I think it's more similar symptoms.  I thought the genetic test would call it but it looks as if it would take more trips to a dr. I don't have insurance for and costs $125 a pop.  I'm gonna leave that unless anything comes back.

If I ever get in front of a judge or jury they will hear about how every "real" dr. I've seen has caused or worsened my problems and the one with a 4x8 osb board with the words "marijuana doctor" painted on it helped my problems.  One dr. when I was 19 prescribed antibiotics and steroids for eczema and I almost killed someone or myself.  I just don't understand how drs. don't look into this stuff when candida overgrowth has risen from 3% to 30% in recent years(probably responsible for the insane amount of sugar and corn syrup,etc. we go thru) and 60%(20% homozygous and 40% het) have the MTHFR mutation.  a case study had a kid showing suicidal tendancies at 6 y.o. and tried to commit suicide at 8 y.o. who started on methylcolabin and methylfolate and the mother called crying thanking the dr. for introducing her to her son.  He was completely changed in 3 days, no suicidal thoughts and a brite cheary kid.  Another girl was OCD with a pen collection of 12,000 which she raged over if the other kids touched them.  She was 3 days on the bioactive vitamins and now just has a neat collection which she can take it or leave it.  Complete turnaround. 

Edited by Norby

• 2 months later...

Norby - what type of canna caps did you take ?

I have IBS and just got my medical card - am in the hunt for high CBG level strain to vaporize. You would think it would be easy to find here in So Cal but most places just have the get high stuff.

I hadn't heard about canna caps though - would like to try but definitely am sensitive to THC - so hoping to find something with mostly cbd.

thanks so much

look for a landrace strain for cbd!!

• 4 months later...

Adding in different mushrooms for inflammation and anti candida and antimicrobial properties.  Didn't realize my knee pain, back pain, neck pain was related to inflammation(or candida and inflammation, still can't discount a lot).  I had cut back on the CBD caps as I was only looking for it to relieve the anxiety and depression, not realizing it was keeping down the inflammation.  Now thinking it may be IBD(inflammatory bowel disease) instead of IBS(irritable bowel syndrome) or that the candida is causing the inflammation and it's IBS.

Still won't go to the docs though.  They'd just want to take a bunch of tests and since I'm already taking care of it, it wouldn't really turn out well unless i got the right Doc.  They usually want you to follow their route. Especially since I continue to get better and feel better than I have in years.

• 2 months later...

Zeroed in on the perfect mix.  I was only taking THC caps at nite.  Approximately 50mg thc and 25mg cbd at nite and 25mg cbd in the morning.  Still had problems eating during the day.  Started taking 12mg thc in the morning with my 25mg cbd.  Seems just about perfect.  So the same amount of CBD every 12 hours with a 2 to 1 ratio of CBD to THC in the am and a 1 to 2 ratio of cbd to thc at nite works prefectly.  I'm sleeping through the nite every nite and am active during the day to a fault.  Eating 3+ times a day and eating well.  Cut out a lot of the sugar from my diet.  Taking the good probiotics that are kept in the fridge and have never felt more mentally stable or physically healthy.  I'm sure I can't discount the bioactive vitamins for making me feel content but the MJ did most of the work.  It was effortless once I found the CBD to add in.  Things just seemed to have fallen back into place.

I'm still in the 130lb range but I don't really worry about my weight anymore.  Probably just the way I am since I'm taking in more than enough calories each day.

Norby - how are you getting such precise amounts of thc & cbd?

Also, cutting down on sugar is great but have you done anything along the lines of SCD (special carbohydrate diet)?

Thanks.

The hash I make I get about a gram out of an 1/8th of flower.  The flowers I use are about 16-18%THC or CBD.  A gram of hash or eighth has about 500mg THC or CBD.  I make 10 caps of hi THC for nighttime and 20 caps of CBD for day or night and 40 caps of lo THC for the daytime out of a gram of decarbed hash and 9/19 or 39 grams of coconut oil.  The ratios and consistency is more important than the actual THC and CBD levels.  I've made some combo caps but still have the singles if I want to double up on one or the other.

Nope, I just watch stuff that might set me off or just smoke to cope with anything bad I eat.  I stick to one cup of coffee a day, keep away from fatty meats, keep away from dairy, sweet and salty granola bars and peanuts and pretzels are my late nite snacks, no soda except good ginger ales or root beer and I'm pretty much good to go.  I can still have pizza and stuff for one nite here and there.

A lot of the problem is just bad foods.  High fructose corn sugar, pretty much any fast foods and dairy.  Anytime we go to root or roast or for sushi I never have stomach problems.  Pasta, grains, any veggies from the garden, rice, cereals, none of that stuff gives me problems, but if I get the cheap peanuts from meijers it gives me cramps.

• 1 month later...

Keeping up with the expensive probiotics.  Switched again to a little more CBD than THC in medibles.  Doing the 25mgcbd and 12mg THC during the day and 50mg thc and 50mg CBD at nite. Took about 80mgTHC last nte and 70mg CBD and took the CBD an hour after the THC.  Seems about the same but got a little obsessive.  Will try the mix again tonite at the same time and see what happens, whether it was upping the THC over a level I should be taking or if it was the offset timing.

If I stay around 50/50 it seems I can smoke either hi THC or 50/50's and do quite fine. I also added in Kombucha and what a difference that made.  After I drink it with a meal I'm hungry again in record time.  Kinda like I was in HS where I couldn't get from breakfast to lunch without a few snacks in between.  Still in the lo 130's but consistently gaining weight.  Even thru a cold my apatite has kept strong. 

Seems like it may have been a the vitamin deficiency and a gut fauna imbalance that was making things so much worse.   I don't know if there are many Dr.s that would've worked thru this.  Every one wanted to prescribe me antidepressants that, if they did the genetic test first, would've known they wouldn't work, tried to prescribe me the "new" IBS drugs that have worse side effects(no matter how rare would've made me a hypochondriac), told me to take vitamins that wouldn't have worked and thru antibiotics without antifungals or a probiotic regimen afterwards probably caused a good deal of my problems.