Hartwick And Tuttle Amicus Briefs Filed On Behalf Of Mmma And Cpu

The Affirmative Defense is not given up if an individual registers. It is available to anyone in any prosecution regarding the use of marijuana. Moreover, it is further protection beyond registration. It is important to have proof of a bona fide recommendation, an understanding with a caregiver, if there is one, that they agree to assist a patient in their proven medical use, and that quantities possessed can be justified. That's it.

SECTION 8 IS AVAILABLE? CITE CASE W SECTION 8 PRESENTED TO JURY.... this is a lie... u know better

This is a general problem with the "justice" system. It just makes it all the more curious that you would recommend this path as the rules to follow, when it is out of reach for most patients. For poor patients (I'd say most patients and their caregivers, really), protection from arrest is extremely important.

I'm guessing he wants that path because it's the most cheap and easy way to go (in his mind).  Registering and seeing a doctor every 6 months is just too darn hard. It should be more 'automatic' for folks who would rather just sit home and biotch. 

I'm guessing he wants that path because it's the most cheap and easy way to go (in his mind).  Registering and seeing a doctor every 6 months is just too darn hard. It should be more 'automatic' for folks who would rather just sit home and biotch.

liberty is not supposed to be for sale... i want sect 8 because it trumps all... if a 10$ FEE is reason for overturning tuttle in oakland county... then an unneccassary 100$ to Lara is illegal... if poor people dont need state id to vote why is this a stretch

zap... i see your happy with sect 4... this is our difference. if the supermajority of mmma people cant afford to pay cash up front, why continue plea guilt to sect 4 violations... if 100k people said screw u, sect 8 be real alredy. safetey in numbers.

ps zap... will u tell people to stop registering if MSC says the same as in k/k... voters intent... then can the poor spend their money how they choose

zap... ur riding the fence....

schutte or the sick... there is no grey area.

ps you are the most reasonable of your whole crew... we take this furthest left.., them furthest right.... we meet in middle... this is not happenong currently.

fight for tomatoes and see what happens... why meet in middle they dont...

so if MSC puts in black and white that voters never intended for this.... your position would still be to register... things sure are different in birmingham than HIGHLAND PARK,,, like i said... me n my kids go to jail so private industry can flourish... NO THANKS

The police and the courts are doing their level best to nullify the law but at the present time it is the best recourse we have. As far as Birmingham and Highland Park being different, you're probably less likely to be arrested in Highland Park.

If you could give us some of the details of your apparent court case we might be able to help out. As it stands right now you're coming off like Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling but I don't think anyone knows exactly what you're talking about.

Without getting too personal;

Do you have a medical marijuana card?

Have you been arrested on a marijuana charge?

Were you in compliance with the law when you were arrested?

If you don't have a card were you diagnosed with a qualifying condition before you were arrested?

Not trying to be nosy, just trying to understand where you're coming from.

so if MSC puts in black and white that voters never intended for this.... your position would still be to register... things sure are different in birmingham than HIGHLAND PARK,,, like i said... me n my kids go to jail so private industry can flourish... NO THANKS

Do what you wish. Knock yourself out. We will do the same, but without buying into wild eyed speculation and hype.

Edited by GregS

The police and the courts are doing their level best to nullify the law but at the present time it is the best recourse we have. As far as Birmingham and Highland Park being different, you're probably less likely to be arrested in Highland Park.

If you could give us some of the details of your apparent court case we might be able to help out. As it stands right now you're coming off like Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling but I don't think anyone knows exactly what you're talking about.

Without getting too personal;

Do you have a medical marijuana card?

Have you been arrested on a marijuana charge?

Were you in compliance with the law when you were arrested?

If you don't have a card were you diagnosed with a qualifying condition before you were arrested?

Not trying to be nosy, just trying to understand where you're coming from.

yes yes yes and yes... and a reasonable amount stipulated. this is not about me... I can be just a number that is fine. this is about voters intent

Do what you wish. Knock yourself out. We will do the same, but without buying into wild eyed speculation and hype.

your too busy feeding into the schutte side of this fight. That's why no Sect 8 protections. Obviously you guys are all too busy playing lawyer to see the bigger picture... you guys are PROHIBITIONISTS plain and simple. I have worked w activists for years, most cannot wrap their brain around that FACT!!! yes some of you guys have helped some, but there is a flip side to that coin... I'm done ranting, but its all true. You guys are commercializing freedom and liberty

But, you are taking your experience, and attempting to apply it to everyone. Why do that?

Because we are going down the wrong road... Now the lawyers wana make all the patients pains IRRELIVANT BECAUSE WE ARE ABOUT TO WIN!!!! Registration goes to NIL as soon as section 8 is real, you all know this and will agree in a few months.