Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

Thank you for all your input i think i understand now how you feel the part below

If anyone has been paying attention, then you know how our gov't will twist any

cannabis initiative we hand them ... You may be right i just feel like if it isn't MILEGALZE then what ? The other one or  it could be up to four others on the Ballot come Nov, 2016 are you saying

Don't voter for any of them because you or the ( others)  think that if everyone just doesn't vote then their would be None  voted into Law ?

I do feel today that theirs more people being helped with cannabis then before 2008 and yes are some getting arrested for selling cannabis to undercover Leo's or growing way to many plants ? Yes

Are some getting arrested for just leaving a door unlocked ? Yes

Are people getting arrested for a Posted Note  ? Yes  

I'm waiting  on the High Court on the two cases that are in font of them now just to see how they really feel about sick people using cannabis as a medicine then i think i'll no for sure 

Does anyone know how many good ruling we have had from the Supreme Court ? i'm thinking 2  King and --------  and Mc queen --------

I'm not sure what the opposition expects? Legalization with zero regulations? Alcohol didn't get this. It didn't happen in washinton, colorado, oregon, or alasak. Pharmaceuticals are regulated, prepared foods are regulated, cars, daycares, hospitals, schools. What world do all you live in? I hear Syria is pretty unregulated these days. Wtf???

I've not heard one logical argument against milegalize. Just unfounded speculation. Sorry, but this thread has zero substance. 8 pages of nothing folks...

All three initiatives leave the public health code prohibition of marijuana as a schedule 1 controlled substance intact, and do not provide an affirmative defense. This is not an argument against MI Legalize, just an acknowledgement of precisely why it is not considered to be any stronger than the other two proposals.

All of those items you mentioned other than pharma (food, cars, daycare, hospitals, schools) can be accomplished in an unregulated fashion as well, and are not criminalized as marijuana is. If the initiatives that make the ballot leave the MMMA alone, then they are likely worth supporting.

My understanding is the the MRC proposal, which has not yet been seen by anyone, will make major changes to medical marijuana which could be negative for patients and their caregivers. The MCC proposal entirely avoids the MMMA, and the MI Legalize proposal attempts to mostly avoid the MMMA, but has language about medical marijuana that could enable or indicate support for merging "recreational" and medical marijuana.

we are good if we articulate like that. Thanks for some real conversation in the thread.

I tried to talk with them about the control substances. Didn't get much, but I'm guessing it still has something to do with the way feds would treat us if we did legalize. I would hate for these laws to touch the mmma, but they already have their hands around that. 48 pages and counting!

I'm not sure what the opposition expects? Legalization with zero regulations? Alcohol didn't get this. It didn't happen in washinton, colorado, oregon, or alasak. Pharmaceuticals are regulated, prepared foods are regulated, cars, daycares, hospitals, schools. What world do all you live in? I hear Syria is pretty unregulated these days. Wtf???

I've not heard one logical argument against milegalize. Just unfounded speculation. Sorry, but this thread has zero substance. 8 pages of nothing folks...

You can say that anyone looking to the future is a speculator. Why do the folks with rose colored glasses have it right in your mind and are not also speculating?

The downside to any quasi legalization here in Michigan is that we have bad law makers that attack any cannabis freeness. They are scared to death of letting the cat out of the bag. They about had a collective stroke when we suggested that medical marijuana helped high blood pressure because then EVERYONE COULD QUALIFY. They said The Dams Would Open. 

They said a vote for dispensaries would be their way to shut down home grows.  They clearly state they want home grows gone, not more of them. 

Trivia; What was the very first thing attempted by the legislature after the MM Act of 08?

Answer; They introduced a bill that killed all home grows to be replaced by 10 state grows. 

Why would anyone fault us for thinking this could turn out badly?

Why would anyone not believe this will give law enforcement more money to unjustly mess with our lives?

Answer; Because they want to believe they have the power to vote in what they want unfettered. 

Edited by Restorium2

Thanks for your post

I think people have their own Red lines and it got crossed with the Earl case ( Brownies )     and then some may have had it crossed with the Posted Note case and the posted note case was

my Red line because people can't even help someone water plants and can't be in a grow room if someone is to sick to take care of the medicine they need right now  now that its back in Oakland County Court i feel they have the MMMA against the ropes is what they are thinking the case may be in Court for other 5 years even if we do win they will appeal it and we all know what happens to the case's that come back from the C.O.A we will have to appeal it to the High Court if they will even hear it

Sorry about the thread and if the MMMA wants to delete all my post here i'm OK with that it's a long ways away from Nov. 2016 

Thanks for your post

I think people have their own Red lines and it got crossed with the Earl case ( Brownies )     and then some may have had it crossed with the Posted Note case and the posted note case was

my Red line because people can't even help someone water plants and can't be in a grow room if someone is to sick to take care of the medicine they need right now  now that its back in Oakland County Court i feel they have the MMMA against the ropes is what they are thinking the case may be in Court for other 5 years even if we do win they will appeal it and we all know what happens to the case's that come back from the C.O.A we will have to appeal it to the High Court if they will even hear it

Sorry about the thread and if the MMMA wants to delete all my post here i'm OK with that it's a long ways away from Nov. 2016 

The whole quasi legalization that you advocate for goes over the law makers red line. 

So we should avoid progress because we have terrible legislators? I can't agree with that. We have two issues compounding here.

I've said it before, there is a lot of country between the few (liberal) cities in michigan. I'm not so sure that swapping puppets will do anything. So what would you suggest? We can't sit here and speculate, no matter what color lenses we choose to see through?

So we should avoid progress because we have terrible legislators? I can't agree with that. We have two issues compounding here.

I've said it before, there is a lot of country between the few (liberal) cities in michigan. I'm not so sure that swapping puppets will do anything. So what would you suggest? We can't sit here and speculate, no matter what color lenses we choose to see through?

You don't go back to the restaurant that served you a crap sandwich. You don't go back to the poison well. You don't ask the school marm for condoms. You don't ask the cop for rolling papers. Be careful who and how you ask for things or you will not get what you asked for. That is life for the people who learn from past mistakes. 

I just want tangible talk, resto. I know you have it, we all do. Internet makes it a little choppy, but if we lay it out like zap just did, I don't see how we could get into anything too personal.

My point is, I love you all and I don't want to skip threads because of 10 pages or speculation arguments on each side. We are smart, powerful, and informed. Let's act it!

Edited by suneday11

Would it surprise you to know that the people who back these initiatives are betting against home grows? They have in the past and they are again. 

Would it surprise you to know that the people who back these initiatives are betting against home grows? They have in the past and they are again.

speculation, my man. I could ask the same question in reverse and it's equally as useless. Edited by suneday11

I just want tangible talk, resto. I know you have it, we all do. Internet makes it a little choppy, but if we lay it out like zap just did, I don't see how we could get into anything too personal.

My point is, I love you all and I don't want to skip threads because of 10 pages or speculation arguments on each side. We are smart, powerful, and informed. Let's act it!

He points out one way this can go bad. I pointed out several other ways from looking at the past and applying that to the future. 

I had difficulty at 1st. wrapping my head around complete repeal of marijuana prohibition. 

I think this is due to living under the tyranny of prohibition for my entire life.  I also found

while talking with others, the same difficulty.

Removing cannabis (marijuana/ marihuana) from the PHC, MCL and CSA removes all penalties.

All laws needed to govern cannabis in Michigan are already on the books.

Medicine and food are not taxed in MI already and that would not change.

6% sales tax at the point of sale just as with any other commodity bought and sold.

I do not believe extra special taxes need be applied to cannabis, this is a fallacy that has been

perpetuated by the people who want more regulation (ways for we the people to mess up), to

feed the machine.

There could be industrial type growers, dispensaries, farmers markets and small home grows

all can be supported with laws we already have, simple.

Cannabis is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and is the only one treated 'special' and

this is due to the gov't knowing it's full worth and denying us of it, all for political and monetary gain

by the few rich.  The reasons behind prohibition is ugly and deep and has nothing to do with cannabis

being harmful.

Here is a list of a few other herbs that can be grown with out any restrictions that also have medicinal

properties.  Notice some of the warnings?

http://www.herbslist.net/

Yeah, cannabis should be regulated just as these are... I can grow it and use it but... if and when I choose

to do commerce with it... I then have rules ALREADY IN PLACE to follow.

I think the simplicity of it all is difficult to grasp as gov't has tried and succeeded in making us believe it

must be more complicated.

Resto, Yeah, but he can articulate an argument, you attack and pose stupid hypotheticals. You two may agree, but you come off very differently than zap. I'd have a drink and listen to zap no matter the disagreement (and i had a doozy wit zap). Not so much you.

Edited by suneday11

I had difficulty at 1st. wrapping my head around complete repeal of marijuana prohibition. 

I think this is due to living under the tyranny of prohibition for my entire life.  I also found

while talking with others, the same difficulty.

Removing cannabis (marijuana/ marihuana) from the PHC, MCL and CSA removes all penalties.

All laws needed to govern cannabis in Michigan are already on the books.

Medicine and food are not taxed in MI already and that would not change.

6% sales tax at the point of sale just as with any other commodity bought and sold.

I do not believe extra special taxes need be applied to cannabis, this is a fallacy that has been

perpetuated by the people who want more regulation (ways for we the people to mess up), to

feed the machine.

There could be industrial type growers, dispensaries, farmers markets and small home grows

all can be supported with laws we already have, simple.

Cannabis is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and is the only one treated 'special' and

this is due to the gov't knowing it's full worth and denying us of it, all for political and monetary gain

by the few rich.  The reasons behind prohibition is ugly and deep and has nothing to do with cannabis

being harmful.

Here is a list of a few other herbs that can be grown with out any restrictions that also have medicinal

properties.  Notice some of the warnings?

http://www.herbslist.net/

Yeah, cannabis should be regulated just as these are... I can grow it and use it but... if and when I choose

to do commerce with it... I then have rules ALREADY IN PLACE to follow.

I think the simplicity of it all is difficult to grasp as gov't has tried and succeeded in making us believe it

must be more complicated.

I enjoy an argument I can read! Thanks. Like I said, I want to yack with you all, I just won't navigate 7 pages of silly hypotheticals to do it. The more bs, the less I will give you guys an ear.

Resto, Yeah, but he can articulate an argument, you attack and pose stupid hypotheticals. You two may agree, but you come off very differently than zap. I'd have a drink and listen to zap no matter the disagreement (and i had a doozy wit zap). Not so much you.

Yes, you are butthurt and want to be a cry baby, I understand that. So you dig for ways to discredit me regardless of the topic. I get it. Now do you have anything of substance to add?

Then find something else to do instead of trolling. We are serious, you are whining.

spoken like someone who cares.

Resto, you offer unmatched wisom and resources. My position is simple. Treat it like beer...not alcolhol...beer. you want in on commercial, fine, you rooms and your operation (kitchen, lab, whatever) is subject to health code, building codes. I would expect it to play out via different classes of license. Outdoor, small, medium, large, and so on. Minimal fees. I feel it should be sold in specified stores. Not sure I'd like to see it at a party store or grocery store. No problems with a tax...not 16% though.

Homegrown can happen all day long, as much as you want, just can't sell it. Just like beer.

I got your back even if you don't have mine. You can't break this smile. Never.

Edited by suneday11

Maybe try to address the issue, rather than each other. I have noticed people get very sensitive when they become the subject of conversation rather than the issue itself.

agreed. I feel that some of us may be a little more direct than others and perhaps much more often. I know that myself and others feel that the mods could do more in this respect. Whatever....it's the mmma that ultimately gets the bad image. Edited by suneday11

HEMP ~ Help End Marijuana Prohibition

for real,

stop believing the legal lize (lies).

We are moving forward with ballot language for full repeal in Michigan.

I will begin a thread once all is set and ready in a week or two.

In the mean time come join the conversation!

LyJpcZR.jpg

Up coming event that will continue across Michigan

DWiGWDB.jpg

Roll the Vote kick off party tonight in Lansing @ The Avenue Cafe (old Gone Wired).

Speakers, music, entertainment, food... come on out!

Edited by imiubu

You can say that anyone looking to the future is a speculator. Why do the folks with rose colored glasses have it right in your mind and are not also speculating?

The downside to any quasi legalization here in Michigan is that we have bad law makers that attack any cannabis freeness. They are scared to death of letting the cat out of the bag. They about had a collective stroke when we suggested that medical marijuana helped high blood pressure because then EVERYONE COULD QUALIFY. They said The Dams Would Open. 

They said a vote for dispensaries would be their way to shut down home grows.  They clearly state they want home grows gone, not more of them. 

Trivia; What was the very first thing attempted by the legislature after the MM Act of 08?

Answer; They introduced a bill that killed all home grows to be replaced by 10 state grows. 

Why would anyone fault us for thinking this could turn out badly?

Why would anyone not believe this will give law enforcement more money to unjustly mess with our lives?

Answer; Because they want to believe they have the power to vote in what they want unfettered. 

Thanks again 

So you are saying that any cannabis  Law passed by the people the powers to be won't follow it and the Courts will not either ?

Or maybe some may think the owners of these cannabis stores  are trying to fit in with Lansing because they know whats coming down and wants to be in the right place at the right time $$ ?

The dispensaries would be their way to shut down home grows ?  Oh i believe they don't want people growing at all = they have no control 

Don't forget the sb660 that the Governor has already signed i tell everyone if they think he is going to let Detroit go to POT they have another thing coming the D is coming back alive he is not going to let Pot take it back IMHO