Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

Hmmm, what side of history will you be on?

Crap tactic trying to shame people instead of offering up some facts for discussion.

I won't be shamed or bullied.

I'll not follow anyone off the cliff because I feel pressured by my peers.

you assumed i implied that you were on the wrong side of history imiubu. you could be on the right side of hisotry. i cant see the future. why do you keep assuming the worst? :)

HEMP ~ Help End Marijuana Prohibition

for real,

stop believing the legal lize (lies).

We are moving forward with ballot language for full repeal in Michigan.

I will begin a thread once all is set and ready in a week or two.

In the mean time come join the conversation!

LyJpcZR.jpg

Up coming event that will continue across Michigan

DWiGWDB.jpg

Roll the Vote kick off party tonight in Lansing @ The Avenue Cafe (old Gone Wired).

Speakers, music, entertainment, food... come on out!

you should start a thread for updates. I will try to stay updated regerdless. Ha. I see you said that. Beat the drum! Edited by suneday11

you assumed i implied that you were on the wrong side of history imiubu. you could be on the right side of hisotry. i cant see the future. why do you keep assuming the worst? :)

Ah, well said.. and perhaps I felt that way because since I've picked up the repeal banner I've been repeatedly

assaulted verbally?  I am not saying you or anyone here in particular, just over all.

I've been told more times than not that repealing is "not going to be allowed"... "it won't happen"..."great cause

but it's not reality"... blah, blah... so, I'm probably a bit defensive and... I will work on not being so going forward :)

The MILegalize language does not touch the MMMA, but includes protections that extend to MMMA participants- it offers alternative medical options in addition that are separate from and not reliant on the MMMA.

The MCC also does not touch the MMMA but continues to allow criminal prosecutions, and would limit personal use gardens to 0, 2 or 4 plants depending on approval from local government that could also require in home inspections.

The MCC also relies on the legislature to implement the law and create rules- which would result in a similar cluster f u c k as we are experiencing in Lansing now. I'm sure all here understand how the legislature has treated this issue over the years- and the logic of counting on the law makers to implement the law and create the rules with any amount of reason.

Word games for the hopeful win?

False advertising to sway voters?

Please don't believe the legal lize, milegalize does not... I repeat... does not end prohibition.

This is a blatant and willful lie imo and I am disgusted by their tactics.

About

Legalize MI is an initiative campaign that aims to legalize marijuana and end years of harmful prohibition in Michigan. Our coalition is made up of social justice activists, patient advocates, small business owners and concerned citizens from across our great state. By ending the prohibition on marijuana we can invigorate our local economies and municipal governments while providing a safe and economically just system for marijuana regulation. Legalize MI aims to put the most comprehensive, safe, and fair marijuana legalization initiative on the November 2016 ballot.

http://www.milegalize.com/

The MILegalize language does not touch the MMMA, but includes protections that extend to MMMA participants- it offers alternative medical options in addition that are separate from and not reliant on the MMMA.

The MCC also does not touch the MMMA but continues to allow criminal prosecutions, and would limit personal use gardens to 0, 2 or 4 plants depending on approval from local government that could also require in home inspections.

The MCC also relies on the legislature to implement the law and create rules- which would result in a similar cluster f u c k as we are experiencing in Lansing now. I'm sure all here understand how the legislature has treated this issue over the years- and the logic of counting on the law makers to implement the law and create the rules with any amount of reason.

It however does not end prohibition as you are falsely claiming.

We passed a law allowing possession in Ferndale and the chief of police immediately issued a statement that the police would follow state law, not local. Nothing changed.

Cannabis is not a pharmaceutical drug, it is not alcohol, it is not dangerous at all and does not need to be regulated in any way. It should have a neutral legal status as should any plant.

Anything else is a step in the right direction but not enough to keep people out of trouble with the government, either fines or jail.

I wonder how many of those advocating this have been through the court system and are really aware of how things are twisted to make people accused of the most minor crimes appear to be monsters.

As long as there is a possibility of arresting you they will find a way to do it. They charge you with 6 crimes and then are nice enough to let you plead guilty to one of the lesser ones.

Cannabis needs to have all legal stigma removed. This proposal may lessen the problems but doesn't make them go away.

This is what imiubu is trying to say. All of these laws for establishing businesses exist. Special marijuana privileges are not needed, just elimination of the laws that make marijuana illegal. Like Resto, I am sick of exclusive deals.

I've used that argument and prevailed, telling government that zoning was fine, as long as marijuana businesses had no burden beyond what is required of other businesses, to include building code inspections, but nothing more. 

Based on the logic of the argument above, alcohol prohibition is still in full force. Tobacco prohibition is also alive and well. Gasoline is also a victim of prohibition, since a "Motor Fuel Retail License" is required for sales and an excise tax is applied.

To address the sales question - I would pose the same question that was posed when the MILegalize BoD pondered this issue - Is it possible to convince the voting public that unregulated sales are OK by November of 2016? If so, how? Simply saying "education" is incredibly ambiguous - specifically how?

Based on the logic of the argument above, alcohol prohibition is still in full force. Tobacco prohibition is also alive and well. Gasoline is also a victim of prohibition, since a "Motor Fuel Retail License" is required for sales and an excise tax is applied.

To address the sales question - I would pose the same question that was posed when the MILegalize BoD pondered this issue - Is it possible to convince the voting public that unregulated sales are OK by November of 2016? If so, how? Simply saying "education" is incredibly ambiguous - specifically how?

People hear LEGAL MARIJUANA and they love it. They don't follow the details much. They will vote yes for whatever is on the ballot that says that. No education required. It's our law makers that need education because they are the only threat to legal marijuana. 

When the penalties for growing your own cannabis match that of producing your own alcohol or tobacco then you will have a decent analogy about the prohibition of the three. 

Why even compare cannabis to alcohol, tobacco and gasoline?

We have an opportunity to not make it taxed as such, yet %10 is

what this ballot hands them.

Anyone that has paid attention over the years w/ the MMMP knows

that this would only be a starting point for a money grab.

Michigan already has laws on the books to cover regulation and taxation

for commerce...

I think it misleading to tell people otherwise.

I love ya Jim :blow-a-heart:  but I cannot with clear conscience, get behind

this proposal.  You know it's not personal.

People hear LEGAL MARIJUANA and they love it. They don't follow the details much. They will vote yes for whatever is on the ballot that says that. No education required. It's our law makers that need education because they are the only threat to legal marijuana.

they MAY vote yes.

except for prop 19 in cali failing.

and measure 80 in oregon failing.

and a ton more failed marijuana legalization initiatives that made the ballot but failed, before 2012 WA/CO votes.

resto, i agree with you that no one cares about the specific rules.

we should go for full outright legal/decrim like mint.

even if full legalization ballot happens, i'm supporting any steps forward.

even if they are small steps on a bad slippery slope.

The alcohol comparison is very tricky. There is distilling, homebrewing, winemaking, and even tea making. Selling without a license is illegal no matter the booze, but I understand resto's point.

Generally, you can brew as much beer and make as much wine as you could imagine. Maybe 200 gallons was a limit once mentioned? Something safer should get less attention than the homebrews...

This still doesn't solve the sales aspect.

Edited by suneday11

I'm not upset, imi - I've done this long enough now to know we can't all agree on every issue, and that is OK :)

The reason for the comparison is because no one would say any of those substances is prohibited - yet, when we lay the same parameters around cannabis (regulation and taxation for retail sales), some people say it isn't ending prohibition of cannabis. I assert that if that is the case, then all of those substances, too, are prohibited.

I'm not upset, imi - I've done this long enough now to know we can't all agree on every issue, and that is OK :)

The reason for the comparison is because no one would say any of those substances is prohibited - yet, when we lay the same parameters around cannabis (regulation and taxation for retail sales), some people say it isn't ending prohibition of cannabis. I assert that if that is the case, then all of those substances, too, are prohibited.

I made that point once. I think I was asked to leave and find something better to do.

It is really too bad that so many of the commercial interests courting the legislature have openly attempted to work with government to restrict and reduce the rights of patients and their caregivers under the Act. We have seen so much of this for the past five years; it is difficult to believe that any arrangement which grants commercial entities real legal rights to grow and sell and make limitless amounts of money would not be turned right around on patients and their caregivers in an attempt to make them consumers.

The market for cannabis sales is tiny compared to cigs and alcohol, and look what the commercial interests have already been willing to do.

it's scary and I fear that medical will get exempted from these new laws for only a few years...and then they will force the medical scheme to merge. Is voting against any mj laws the only way? Can't be.

It is really too bad that so many of the commercial interests courting the legislature have openly attempted to work with government to restrict and reduce the rights of patients and their caregivers under the Act. We have seen so much of this for the past five years; it is difficult to believe that any arrangement which grants commercial entities real legal rights to grow and sell and make limitless amounts of money would not be turned right around on patients and their caregivers in an attempt to make them consumers.

The market for cannabis sales is tiny compared to cigs and alcohol, and look what the commercial interests have already been willing to do.

I agree, but don't you think that is a systemic issue with capitalism? 

I appreciate the tremendous effort it's taken to get this far and am glad that you are here joining this discussion today.

The market for cannabis sales is tiny compared to cigs and alcohol    ? sorry i disagree theirs more cannabis that is grown then Whet, Corn, and Soy beans combined  

I wonder if we might perceive that cannabis is a smaller market due to the illegality of it today.

Once prohibition is lifted and commerce can begin in earnest, then we shall see?

I believe our gov't knows just exactly what kind of boon this would be and prefers

the tax and regulate system that we the people of MI would hand them with this initiative (any).

Squeezing out the sick and poor, forcing us to the underground again.  Keeping us criminal.

Sales tax and income tax that governs all commerce in MI is in place.

We need no special tax nor treatment for cannabis.

Once our gov't has this, given to them by the voters.. do you think we can take it back?

I can hear it now... 'well, isn't this what you wanted?  You voted for it.' :crazysmile:  :money:

cha ching... and the beat goes on...

Hmmm, what side of history will you be on?

Crap tactic trying to shame people instead of offering up some facts for discussion.

I won't be shamed or bullied.

I'll not follow anyone off the cliff because I feel pressured by my peers.

This mi legal lies crew is lying to win not to do what is best for the people of Michigan.

What I am witnessing is that the mi legal lies crew is turning to tactics used

by the very fascists they once fought against and it makes me sad.

Are some of them looking to run for public office cuz the are starting to

behave like politicians.

If anyone has been paying attention, then you know how our gov't will twist any

cannabis initiative we hand them.

Now, I am out of this sham and will not engage further in these useless conversations.

Banging my head on this wall only leaves me bloodied.

I will try my damnedest to not say I told you so, if this is voted in come Nov. 2016 :P

Peace my brothers and sisters of the herb... I wish you no ill will. :blow-a-heart:

Carry on with the charade :hair:

:bong2:

I wonder if we might perceive that cannabis is a smaller market due to the illegality of it today.

Once prohibition is lifted and commerce can begin in earnest, then we shall see?

I believe our gov't knows just exactly what kind of boon this would be and prefers

the tax and regulate system that we the people of MI would hand them with this initiative (any).

Squeezing out the sick and poor, forcing us to the underground again.  Keeping us criminal.

Sales tax and income tax that governs all commerce in MI is in place.

We need no special tax nor treatment for cannabis.

Once our gov't has this, given to them by the voters.. do you think we can take it back?

I can hear it now... 'well, isn't this what you wanted?  You voted for it.' :crazysmile:  :money:

cha ching... and the beat goes on...

Sorry I have waited 40 years to vote for pot. I will vote yes on every proposal on the ballot. If you want something different, get your assets moving.

Maybe this one is worth your Time?

A) Title:  (1) This Act shall be titled;(2) "The Complete Abrogation of Cannabis Prohibition Act of Michigan"