Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

Nothing hidden. All the cards are on the table ..... if they read this web site.  Otherwise someone might think the law will be implemented like it should be. We know better. And it is our duty to make sure as many of our folks know how laws get implemented with the people we have in power. They barely get implemented at all and when they do it's the way our law makers want them, not necessarily how they are written when voted on. 

i guess if someone hasn't been raided they wouldn't know 

Thanks 

Bob, that was a long time ago and things have changed since.

Yes, persons in the program are still getting raided, arrested, prosecuted

and incarcerated, who should be protected by the MMMP, true.

What this shows me is that agreeing to more laws, rules and regulations

than we have currently will NOT, I repeat... WILL NOT protect us.

Different restrictions, no matter how benign or liberal we think them to to be

are STILL RESTRICTIONS...

That is most likely what is being set up by MRC - an indirect initiative that will be amended, then passed by the legislature prior to the 2016 vote.

You mean like they did with the minimum wage? Pushing their proposal through quickly and changing the wording of the law so the ballot proposal from the petition drive no longer applied?

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/05/28/3442049/minimum-wage-michigan/

Despite the passage of a higher wage in Michigan, it may not be all good news for proponents of an increase. Labor and community organizers in the state are pushing for the $10.10 level and on Wednesday, they plan to submit hundreds of thousands of signatures for a petition to put a measure on the ballot. But the bill Snyder signed into law could block that measure from appearing on the ballot “by repealing the portions of the Michigan minimum wage law that the initiative would amend, and recodifying them elsewhere in the state code,” according to a press release from the National Employment Law Project.”

Bob, that was a long time ago and things have changed since.

Yes, persons in the program are still getting raided, arrested, prosecuted

and incarcerated, who should be protected by the MMMP, true.

What this shows me is that agreeing to more laws, rules and regulations

than we have currently will NOT, I repeat... WILL NOT protect us.

Different restrictions, no matter how benign or liberal we think them to to be

are STILL RESTRICTIONS...

Bob, that was a long time ago and things have changed since >>>  I do agree it's been a long time but it does change people and, Families.they are never the same as before

What this shows me is that agreeing to more laws, rules and regulations >>> first thing i do agree i do not want any new Laws , Rules, or regulations but if we don't vote on any one of them the MRC will win i don't like that one 

With the MILAGALZE if any rule is broken it's only a $100 fine 

Bob, that was a long time ago and things have changed since >>>  I do agree it's been a long time but it does change people and, Families.they are never the same as before

What this shows me is that agreeing to more laws, rules and regulations >>> first thing i do agree i do not want any new Laws , Rules, or regulations but if we don't vote on any one of them the MRC will win i don't like that one 

Where do you get this Bob?  You can still get a felony, be fined $1,000,000, and go to prison for 25 years. 

This is using fear tactics and extortion in a totally bogus way to get people to do what you want. It's a terrible thing to do. 

oregon did something similar with measure 80 failing because it wasnt supported and then measure 91 came to legalize and won 2 years later.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ballot_Measure_80_(2012)personal cultivation allowed, but sale is a felony without a licensehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ballot_Measure_91_(2014)4 plants allowed , 8 usable oz. sale is a crime.

I was thinking of the third ballot proposal that will be a very well funded commercial enterprise. Big business will put up millions and limit competition from home grown, medical or otherwise. Look at what Ohio is about to be stuck with because competing proposals have been smothered by tens of millions, of dollars.

Bob, I think you are drinking the kool aid buddy.

After what you have been through personally, do you really feel

MORE LAWS are what the people of MI need???

I wish more peeps would think with their own minds and stop listening to

the propaganda being spewed by this group of folks.

Legalization by milegalize or any of these groups DOES NOT end prohibition.

Matt Abel ran a repeal initiative a few years back that didn't gain the traction

it needed to make the ballot (some 40k signatures I believe).  I feel it failed then

due to it not being the proper timing for it.  Because his initiative failed, he infers

that it's not possible to run a repeal campaign successfully. 

I disagree, strike now while the iron is hot I say.

Any REPEAL initiative will not conflict/ compete with these legalization initiatives.

Bob, I think you are drinking the kool aid buddy.

After what you have been through personally, do you really feel

MORE LAWS are what the people of MI need???

I wish more peeps would think with their own minds and stop listening to

the propaganda being spewed by this group of folks.

Legalization by milegalize or any of these groups DOES NOT end prohibition.

Matt Abel ran a repeal initiative a few years back that didn't gain the traction

it needed to make the ballot (some 40k signatures I believe).  I feel it failed then

due to it not being the proper timing for it.  Because his initiative failed, he infers

that it's not possible to run a repeal campaign successfully. 

I disagree, strike now while the iron is hot I say.

Any REPEAL initiative will not conflict/ compete with these legalization initiatives.

MORE LAWS are what the people of MI need???  NO i do not feel that way i feel like it maybe the only way that hopefully keeps the sick out of court thats all

MORE LAWS are what the people of MI need???  NO i do not feel that way i feel like it maybe the only way that hopefully keeps the sick out of court thats all

Why? Because you think that everyone will only get slapped with a $100 fine no matter what they do if this passes? 

Edited by Restorium2

Why do you think that ?  Is it because you are listening to the rhetoric or because you are

THINKING FOR YOURSELF??? <<< not yelling, only emphasizing.

Here is an update from Chuck Ream after MILegalizes first fundraiser:

It was one of the greatest nights of my life with some very fine people and we raised $60,000 or more, many people gave far more than they have ever given to anything.
It was a huge gamble to have a high dollar fundraiser but we had no choice, and the independent Michigan cannabis law reform reform community responded.
 And then came a magic moment of a lifetime, a gentleman asked to see me in the hall and explained that it was his objective to have this campaign launch quickly and successfully with adequate money, and that he is prepared to put up $100,000 in matching funds if we can raise the other $100,000, which would put our initial budget at over a quarter million, and set us us on a path to victory. We need to raise $100,000 in 30 days.
Thanks so much to the people who came tonight and thanks to everyone who will give money or get signatures. Drivers are going out now to every corner of the state with the new petitions.

Why do you think that ?  Is it because you are listening to the rhetoric or because you are

THINKING FOR YOURSELF??? <<< not yelling, only emphasizing.

I know your not yelling at me and i thank you for that

Why do you think that ?  Is it because you are listening to the rhetoric or because you are>>> i think like that because if i don't vote the other side will win

Does such an attitude come naturally or do you need work at it?

Why not trying to add something of relevance or substance to the conversation for once? 

Geesh, such a pleasant fellow.

At least you are consistently snarky across the boards, so I don't feel singled out.

I apologized for my snarky remark about moving to CO, and I was sincere in doing so.

This is an emotional issue, I behaved emotionally/irrationally. 

We may not agree upon how to affect change but we are most certainly on the same side.

Can we move forward now?

edit spelling

Edited by imiubu

neither does the MMMA   so stop using it ? 

I had a pleasant surprise when I went to renew my card last Saturday. It was only $60...for two years. Quite a barGain, imho. Been working like a charm for me... lately. 

In CO: total tax @ 29.7%* on a Recreational $300oz is $83.70; driving the total sale to $383.70  

* State Marijuana Tax  10%

State Sales Tax         2.9%

State Excise Tax       15%

Sub total                27.9%

+ any local sales tax due

I agree $60 is a lot better then we all where paying at the start of the program and the two years makes it even better imho but that money was to be used for the program only

What has happen to the money and  i wonder if Leo is using it against the sick ?

Also i was just talking to someone that came here looking for work and he told me a lot of people are just going to the parks to buy their cannabis No Tax in the park he said just look for someone with a brown paper bag

Edited by bobandtorey