Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

Please don't leave Sune!  I understand your frustration as I've felt it many times over the years.

I have even stepped away from all forum boards at different times thru the years too.

This is an emotional issue and I have even found myself stooping and responding emotionally,

sad but true.  I try to avoid doing so yet I too am human and fallible.

Some peeps are just... well, just difficult I suppose.

If you can't sell homegrown "recreational" marijuana under a new initiative, why would the sale of medical marijuana be allowed long term?

You yourself are articulating the very position held by those against these legalization proposals (any proposal that doesn't remove marijuana from the public health code). "You can have it just not sell it," gets many people popped today.

Did you know that possession is a misdemeanor, while growing, selling, or possession with the intent to deliver are all felonies? A legalization scheme that "protects" people against simple possession while ignoring the felonies doesn't make sense to those of us that see what goes on in the courts.

How many people are actually arrested and prosecuted today under conditions that any of these initiatives would protect? I say the number of people actually protected from arrest in these new initiatives is relatively small.

And here I am addressing a poster and not the issue. I see how the conflict happens. It is natural.

you would obviously tailor down some of those penalties. Selling outside the system should be a fine. Licensees unable to comply will be met with warnings and revocation of license.

As far as homegrows, you can give it away, use it. Homebrewers often trade.

I'd love to say that I want anyone to be able to enter the market, but I can't do it. And I'm obviously thinking about these issues considerably. No easy answers. I feel that the end user is one of us. There needs to be some accountability and the small hurdle that is applying as a business, and getting licensed is a perfectly fine way to show accoutabilty (at least in some respect).

Please don't leave Sune!  I understand your frustration as I've felt it many times over the years.

I have even stepped away from all forum boards at different times thru the years too.

This is an emotional issue and I have even found myself stooping and responding emotionally,

sad but true.  I try to avoid doing so yet I too am human and fallible.

Some peeps are just... well, just difficult I suppose.

I know it! I don't suppose I'm leaving unless management really does take that position. I was making a stupid point I guess.

It does get frustrating to get riled up, but hey, humans. No worries, and cheers to positivity! Thanks.

Have you seen the news from Grand Rapids, that half of their marijuana tickets are going unpaid? I understand that completely, because ticketing marijuana users is BS.

What happens when people rightly refuse to pay their fines?

Regular people are just supposed to accept that privileged businesses and political contributors are allowed to engage in marijuana use while we are not?

it's a fine line between logic and appeasement. And I understand that is what the citations would essentially be. It's no secret that milegalize doesn't live up to what one would consider a good mj law, and it is so because of the concessions made in order to make it voter friendly. I suspect if left as is, and milegalize wins, we will be in a similar situation as we are today. Democratic counties will not enforce and conservative counties will do what they do. Can we ever avoid such a result? Probably, no. But maybe? I'm waiting on language about a different effort. Edited by suneday11

you would obviously tailor down some of those penalties. Selling outside the system should be a fine. Licensees unable to comply will be met with warnings and revocation of license.

As far as homegrows, you can give it away, use it. Homebrewers often trade.

I'd love to say that I want anyone to be able to enter the market, but I can't do it. And I'm obviously thinking about these issues considerably. No easy answers. I feel that the end user is one of us. There needs to be some accountability and the small hurdle that is applying as a business, and getting licensed is a perfectly fine way to show accoutabilty (at least in some respect).

I understand your opinion much better now. I will approach your ideas with this in mind from here on out. We are definitely at odds in a very important aspect of cannabis. 

I understand your opinion much better now. I will approach your ideas with this in mind from here on out. We are definitely at odds in a very important aspect of cannabis.

incorporation with the state is required. Not that big of an aspect.

Maybe ask for clarification instead of placing yourself at odds with someone. I'd like to know where the herb came from whether that be a greenhouse, hydro, outdoor, organic, dirty basement. I'm talking a few hundred to register with the state as a business and get a class license.

Edited by suneday11

Did you know that possession is a misdemeanor, while growing, selling, or possession with the intent to deliver are all felonies? A legalization scheme that "protects" people against simple possession while ignoring the felonies doesn't make sense to those of us that see what goes on in the courts.

How many people are actually arrested and prosecuted today under conditions that any of these initiatives would protect? I say the number of people actually protected from arrest in these new initiatives is relatively small.

What? Thousands of people have been protected. How can you even say these quasi legalization don't help?

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24894248/marijuana-case-filings-plummet-colorado-following-legalization

http://www.newapproachoregon.com/wa-co-results/

I would rather it be like at a roadside fruitstand. If you want to know the grower then reach out and shake the guys hand you just bought it from. If you don't like it then don't come back. Very simple. All inclusive. All American. It's a beautiful thing. I'm really sick and tired of exclusive ideals.

I lIke that as well. Maybe as a licensed outdoor, the grower is allowed to sell from farm?

Under a homebrew model you could still trade and such....just can't go commercial. I suppose I just mean to say that if you are going to run a business, make it a business. Thats all in that respect.

I don't think we're at odds and I hope you don't simply treat it as such. I'm down with this type of discourse.

What? Thousands of people have been protected. How can you even say these quasi legalization don't help?

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24894248/marijuana-case-filings-plummet-colorado-following-legalization

http://www.newapproachoregon.com/wa-co-results/

This is not Colorado for one thing. I don't know the law makers in Colorado. Just like I didn't know them here before '08. We don't have to guess, we know what they want to do here. 

I lIke that as well. Maybe as a licensed outdoor, the grower is allowed to sell from farm?

Under a homebrew model you could still trade and such....just can't go commercial. I suppose I just mean to say that if you are going to run a business, make it a business. Thats all in that respect.

I don't think we're at odds and I hope you don't simply treat it as such. I'm down with this type of discourse.

How much do people pay for fruit stand licenses these days?

This is what imiubu is trying to say. All of these laws for establishing businesses exist. Special marijuana privileges are not needed, just elimination of the laws that make marijuana illegal. Like Resto, I am sick of exclusive deals.

we can't simply repeal those laws and expect that we won't have serious federal intervention. They want to keep track and federal law preempts, so....here we are. At least the WiFi reaches my deck.

If you think Federal intervention is a real issue, you are not understanding why they are not a factor now. The Feds will never intervene with the little guys.

Perhaps you are right, though. A law like this attempts to protect the biggest (licensed) players at the expense of the smallest.

and I've said before of milegalize that $5k is too much, but at least it's a max or is that the portion that the locals can raise?

I don't know, though I have heard it referred to as a maximum.

It is the simple outcome of identifying those that may or may not sell that is the problem. Those that may not sell are arrested for it, and charged with one or more felonies, and are also subjected to civil forfeiture.

Agreed. That's the biggest issue for me. People shouldn't got to jail, get fined, lose growing rights, or other rights because a scale is off. If we go unregulated, the black market rules and the same if we regulate too much. I don't mind the black market as long as we can hold people accountable who hold themselves out to be growers or sellers.

Isn't the black market simply one that operates with no law? I think full decriminalization may get you a black market.

Again, no easy compromise. I appreciate the thinking juice though. I support nobody except myself and a few plants!

Edited by suneday11

They do not need to be repealed when they can be ignored. They have no legal effect.

grand rapids police are following the law.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/06/marijuana_grand_rapids_decrimi.html

you can see the facts right there. these dumb city laws work , maybe not for everyone, but for a couple. 1000 people at least :)