Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan both decriminalizes and legalizes the use of the Cannabis/Hemp plant for use by the People in Michigan. It will lead to a surge in the economy of the entire state in just a few short years, creating jobs, businesses and new industries.
And suppresses the disparity that has only deepened over the last 50 years, across the board. It opens the economy, most literally from the ground up, just as the Cannabis/Hemp plant has for over the last 10,000 years.
A.P.M. gets the farmers, thus the state, collecting on some of that 13+ Billion a year the country imports in raw hemp for production and manufacture for just the most basic and minimal number of products available on store shelves across the nation already.
Most importantly, it removes all penalties and all fines for use, particularly for Parents or Legal Guardians to use cannabis as a well known safe and reliable treatment for literally 100's of ailments, diseases, illness, and sickness and allows them to heal their children without worry or fear from overzealous legislation that came out of Lansing since the early 1970's, by targeting cannabis in what can only be called, many peculiar manner.
Lansing will get their 6% sales tax on all non medicinal, food, or other non taxable purchases such as for agriculture or other non profits purchases.
There are allot of people that have been ran over the hot coals in Michigan, over the last 40 yours on hundreds of different area of We the People of this great territory of the state of Michigan.
Lansing has rubbed the entire States backside raw.

This did not happen last week, last month or even in the last decade, or even after 9/11, though that is when they put the pedal to the metal, as I am rather confident so many of you would agree with.

With arrest for cannabis possession seeing an increase of around 400% since the passing of the 2008 Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, it is not hard to see why many folks from all corners of Michigan have had enough, and not just with the antics from the government itself. With an arrest increase of 400%, it is not hard to see why some folks are fed up, and not just fed up with the antics from the government.

Add the vote on May 5, 2015, with the tax increase legislation that rifled through just a few months ago, is it really hard to grasp why now is the time to just repeal prohibition? It can help bring solid, long term, and beneficial economic, social, and even political solutions to Michigan again. And as I hear so much as a kid growing up, which is still true today "As goes Michigan, so goes the Nation".

Because Abrogate Prohibition Michigan is proposing a Constitutional Amendment, when we turn in the 600,000 plus valid signatures by the July 11th deadline, after the 180 collection campaign, the Amendment would bypass the entire Government and go directly to the ballot, and not be involved in a 'competition' issue with the indirect Legislative Initiatives.

The only way the Entire State benefits across the board, from the farm fields to the city gardens, to the jobs, to the economy, to the 78 Billion of Debt the state is in, an increase of 4 billion in just 1/2 a year I might add. From the Husbands, Wives, Children, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, and Mothers and all the others.....and everyone else in between, it is to just time for the People of Michigan to repeal and be done with it. 
Only you can tell yourself No.

Even Bill Scheutte stated loud and clear - "Let the Voters Decide." 
So let us make sure the voters get the chance to actually decide then!
Put them all on the ballot if you are concerned.
18290311-mmmain.jpg
http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in...ette_on_m.html

Fine, then I'm behind MiLegalize and will point out how corporate america(china, etc.) will use abrogate to grow hemp and pot as far as the eye can see, full on with males and all, will come in and spray fields with every chemical known and destroy the state of Michigan with the law YOU guys want to put thru.  I think you are all getting paid off to go for abrogate MI. by corporate interests who are using you for the law you want.  It'll be cheap oversrayed crap that will rule in Mi if abrogate goes thru!

MiLegalize will protect the cottage industry whereas abrogate will open the flood gates.  I'd rather the devil I know than the devil I don't know.  SB660 will look like the kids sand box compared to abrogate.

2 can play at this if you want to?

Being we are only Amending the Constitution of Michigan, you are incorrect. 

Unless they are growing their cannabis in Michigan.. But then they have to compete with you for your own commerce, while China already imports over 9 Billion a year in Hemp today.

Unless you would rather we continue to fill our empty and dying farm lands with more Canadian Trash for .21 cents a ton?

its to ensure that medical marijuana still exists, smallbiz.

because abrogate might destroy the MMMA.

allow child to use cannabis for epilepsy, cancer etc etc

i'm surprised people arent upset that abrogate would destroy the mmma.

You are correct on the part of letting parents treat their children.  I would also let other parents allow their kids to use cannabis instead of Adderall (Methamphetamine without the Methyl), OR Codine, or Ritilin, or Xanax, Or the Percosets I was given at 13.  It would also allow a Parent to have their Kid on their home Farms with out fear of arrest.

Not to mention any of the hundreds of cannabis based businesses.

One of the Biggest Benefits of requiring only Parent or Legal Guardian Authorization is when little Jack and Jill to up the hill to smoke a bowl of Potter, the cops will have to bring them back to Mommy and Daddy and tell the Jr and Miss were smoking dope, and what do they the parents want to do about it?  At which point the parent could say, Arrest them, Ruin their life, Charge me 10,000.00 in Attorney fees and eliminate their chance for a normal life.  

But I suspect most parents would deal with quite fine.  Especially when Little Jack isn't banging his head against the wall because he has Autism, and Little Jane isn't dying from Leukemia, or any of the 1000s of other issues our children are suffering from.

But what do I know... 

I'm just Flapping My Lips.

I am interested very much in this hypothesis it would destroy the MMMA.  How would that play out T?

Edited by Timmahh

A ballot question committee has been formed to make use of the cannabis/hemp plant legal in Michigan and repeal marijuana prohibition.

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan announced it "is driven by the need to repair one of the most ineffective and damaging policies introduced by legislators in the last 50 years, the prohibition of the Cannabis/Hemp plant."

"Abrogate Prohibition Michigan is very different from all other efforts because the group is

One of the Biggest Benefits of requiring only Parent or Legal Guardian Authorization is when little Jack and Jill to up the hill to smoke a bowl of Potter, the cops will have to bring them back to Mommy and Daddy and tell the Jr and Miss were smoking dope, and what do they the parents want to do about it?  At which point the parent could say, Arrest them, Ruin their life, Charge me 10,000.00 in Attorney fees and eliminate their chance for a normal life.  

abrogate does not remove all penalties of marijuana use...

in this case, milegalize's $500 civil infraction would be better than the felony charge that abrogate allows on the books for under18 individuals who do not have parental permission.

i guess abrogate likes to jail kids?

in this case, milegalize's 500 civil infraction would be better than the felony charge that abrogate allows on the books for under18 individuals.

Thanks 

in this case, milegalize's 500 civil infraction would be better than the felony charge that abrogate allows on the books for under18 individuals.

I think 'both' proposals language could be improved. It always can be.

I wish both groups would have taken the effort to ask and accept recommendations from a very talented group of legal experts who happen to specialize in marijuana before they went forward with their proposals.

*shrug*

Next time,... put it through the CPU treatment.  We can help you avoid problems.

in this case, milegalize's $500 civil infraction would be better than the felony charge that abrogate allows on the books for under18 individuals who do not have parental permission.

Really? How can you assume such a thing from people who are trying to remove penalties for all?

Bashing one proposal in order to boost another is ...  well... poor form.

Sounds a lot like the mudslinging bs that occurs just prior to election time.

Have we stooped to be as low as those we do not respect?

Being we are only Amending the Constitution of Michigan, you are incorrect. 

Unless they are growing their cannabis in Michigan.. But then they have to compete with you for your own commerce, while China already imports over 9 Billion a year in Hemp today.

Unless you would rather we continue to fill our empty and dying farm lands with more Canadian Trash for .21 cents a ton?

I'd like to see it used to grow food.  Adding fuel and going back to using hemp fiber may compete and raise food costs.  We are not talking about regular economics, we are talking about fuked up american economics with subsidies for corn and soy to make fuel and cotton which is way worse than hemp.  What I'm saying is that China can come in and buy up land.  Rich people can come in and buy up land to develop hemp which would raise land costs(just like responsibleohio would've for those special plots) which could raise prop taxes and local food prices, except for hemp seed food products, maybe.  When you are talking about such a sweeping change, they ALWAYS have unintended consequences.  I'm just trying to get people to look at those possible outcomes.  Large changes make for large changes and they are not always that good.  Look at Dakota and the oil boom.  Prices have risen for rents, mcD's makes $25 an hour and when the system is set up it leaves a whole bunch of houses and no industry to sustain the towns and they crumble back into nothingness.  Mi will boom the same till other states allow it then it'll go back to being farmed and we know farming has been loosing jobs for years!

And will Mj be treated like tomatoes, really like tomatoes, where there are pesticide and fungicide limits for consumibles? Or would you have to show damage by said pesticides and take people to court?  Personally I think that limits is more protective rather than trying to make a person show that they were damaged by chemicals in levels that aren't allowed on food.  Medibles I'm sure would be fine with the levels allowed on food if it's washed like food is but without the data I'm a little worried about smoking pesticides, personally.

And what are your definitions?  Anything I think of as legal has regulations and penalties(you can't sell someone drinking water without having the source tested whether it's state or corp and you can't sell someone tomatoes with over a certain amount of pesticides and fungicides) and everything legal has regulations.  Cause I'd like to clear up this "legal lies" thing so maybe we can stop bashing each proposal and stand together for all of them.  Cause if there are criminal penalties for under 18 it sounds legalized and not decriminalized.

Edited by Norby

I am interested very much in this hypothesis it would destroy the MMMA.  How would that play out T?

are you saying that abrogate would not touch the mmma? abrogate and mmma conflict in many places.

this part of abrogate would conflict with a lot of the mmma. (4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

Really? Tell us T. How does this NOT Remove all Penalties for Cannabis Use?

This proposal would add a new Section 28 to Article 1 of the State Constitution to read as follows:

Section 28.

(1) The agricultural, personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial use of cannabis in any form by any person shall be a lawful activity.

(a) Cannabis use by any person who is; the ward of an adult, enrolled in K*12 school, a minor, shall be lawful activity requiring only parental or legal

guardian authorization.

(2) All prohibitions on the use of cannabis in any form by any person is hereby null and void, and henceforth abrogated.

(3) “Use of Cannabis” shall include: 

(a) The growing, manufacture, delivery, purchase, consumption, and transport, of any seed, flower, leaf, mixture, derivative, extract, product, and or 

preparation of the cannabis plant for all personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial purposes.

(4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

If it is lawful for all people/persons per 1, and per 2, all Prohibitions on the use is null and void.  All Prohibitions kind of kills ALL Prohibitions that would lead to "Actionable Offence" by Gov via LEO.

Then with no Fines per 3 and No Regulation allowed to diminish use, could you explain how you contemplate these supposed felonies you conjored up?

Perfection is the Enemy of Progress.

But both could have been written a bit better aye.

At this point,... NONE are on the ballot.

*yawn*

Talked to 4 Lawyers. 3 of them said Give it to Government, No Surprise there.

The 4th gave me great advice, as did one of the 3, even if they basically said give it to government.

No thanks. That already happened in 1937, and hasn't done so well over the last 79 yrs if you have not noticed.

Every Bad Law (Contractual Law, aka Commercial Code- not Constitutional Law) have all flowed out the tip of a pen at the end of an attorneys hand.

That is just Fact.

why not address the argument instead of attacking the messenger, imiubu?

timmah just said it himself that children can be felons under abrogate. if he was mistaken at 5am, then fine. otherwise what i said looks to be accurate.

Ummm No.  Please Copy it and Paste it so I can show you how you are woefully mistaken.......

Edited by Timmahh

are you saying that abrogate would not touch the mmma? abrogate and mmma conflict in many places.

this part of abrogate would conflict with a lot of the mmma. (4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

No, it would touch the MMMA< it would Elimnate its Penalties, which no one has been charged under in the State anyways.

It would also Do away with the 12/2.5 arbitrary limits...  

It does away with its Fines. 

How is that bad and destructive?  All Drs can Recommend now.  not just MMM A specific Drs.

I think you are stretching really hard to find fault where none lies. You make assumptions and the turn around and imply your previous assumption is a fact. 

Sorry but that is not how it works. Maybe instead of making assumptions, you could call into the podcast and we can go over this misconceptions.

Point out the issues and be Detailed and Specific.

Edited by Timmahh