Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

I personally don't give a rat's patoot about any industry being protected. I don't have any plans to grow any to sell I only want to grow mine and be left alone by the government gun thugs. Floods are sometimes good, they wash away a lot of shite.

What could possibly be bad about not being taxed and regulated?

I only want to grow mine and be left alone by the government gun"s <<< Thank you and i would agree Wild Bill 

That's ok, I find yours a bit skewed.  i thought you weren't all behind one or the other?  My logic is that I like things to go slow and figure them out.  Sorry, abrogate is too far of a step for me to see all the unintended consequences.  If I have to stand on one side or the other, as resto pointed out, I'm not comfortable with abrogate.  I think it can be taken advantage of too much by corporate interests, even ones from outside our country.  Not ready for that big of a leap as i think most others would be too, if they thought about the possibilities of what could go wrong.

Fair enough Norby.  I should have clarified instead of just leaving my thought hanging like that.

If I choose to not support one idea over another because I don't care for how a few people who support

one of the ideas behaves... well, that is skewered imho.

I still have trouble with a Constitutional Amendment (Abrogate) due to not fully understanding law very well.

That said, Abrogate is still the best choice for me, my conscience.

I too am tired of reading 'legal lies'.  It is poor form and I now wish I'd never used the term.

Live and learn.

I have to try to do what I feel is right, and that is all I am able to do.

peace peeps

When I'm out in public explaining how the two legalization initiatives fall short I use only the facts of the matter, and it's nice to have an example of something that doesn't fall short. Whether Abrogate prevails or not it sure is nice to have a good example out there for folks to learn from. 

To date I have not seen a single person who didn't crack at smile when shown the differences. If Abrogate doesn't bring a smile to your face then I would advise you to examine yourself and your ideals because you are not one of the Real Deal Cannabis People. Crack a smile and enjoy that feeling of freedom.  It's a truly beautiful thing. 

It is the criminal penalties that are the problem, whether used to prop up a cottage industry or big business. Eliminating them is the only way to make real progress. Everything else is just shifting around who gets chewed up by the system.

Because they think it's going to somehow put them in the catbird seat. An advantage to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Give it up with that. Set yourselves free from that. There should be no more slaves to that.

It is the criminal penalties that are the problem, whether used to prop up a cottage industry or big business. Eliminating them is the only way to make real progress. Everything else is just shifting around who gets chewed up by the system.

Ok, with the three proposals out there, which one do you think does the best job of "eliminating them [criminal penalties]"?

Like this is total BS:  you think some farms won't try and go organic and spread mites and powdery mildew spores as far as the eye can see?  

There are so many mites and mold spores outdoors already. It's natural. You are grasping at straws and making zero sense doing it.

Powdery mildew, that grows on MJ, is only able to attack 2 plants, mj and hops.  The powdery mildew you see on clover, mint and the others is a different species and doesn't attack MJ.  I thought the same before too.

I never said mold but there are certain molds that hit MJ and other diseases that stay around the environment quite well also that will hit mj along with other species.  If you think they won't be proliferated from the comeback of a plant that hasn't been around for a while you are fooling yourself.  Any monoculture has problems.  This one happens to be the same species as one that's been underground for a while

It will be a problem whether you see it or not.  Your opinion means nothing to the reality of things.

And it's just a different view.  you'd be better sticking with lifting up your view rather than putting down others that know the possibilities.  You just blow them off because of your view doesn't deal with any problems and there are always problems.   Your selling something, not living with the reality of the possibilities.  You are biased.  I'm just throwing everything out there the same as you are on the other side.  I don't think China is going to come over here and grow stuff either but they are buyinf lots and lots of farmland in other countries because their soil is so toxic, so it's a possibility.  And as I have said already, autoflowers are hemp.  You could grow a batch of seeds for food and use the leftover to make oil and you could use the stalks for fiber.  I'm already thinking about it as you could do succession planting with them as 8 week crops, 8 weeks from seeds down to a harvestable crop.  There is more than enough time in Mi for multiple crops.  You could do that every week from May to 2 weeks before last frost.  Don;t think it won't happen if the flood gates are opened.  I've already figured out clean room plans.  I have farm fields right behind my house.  If you don't think all these things are coming you haven't done your research.  I'm not saying it'll happen overnite but it'll happen over time.

And how do you think quality MJ came about?  It was because of prohibition.  It was because they got out the males.  everything from the 70's was seeded.

Realm of the prohibitionists, give me a break, everyone who doesn't think like you isn't a prohibitionist, get over it. 

So you are saying that mites won't become resistant and a problem like they are in Cali too?  You are showing that you blind yourself to anything bad that "could" come from this.  You are just like the far right or far left.  All you do is make fun of and blow off what you don't understand.

Probably would be good to relate the reasons for abrogate. Not the pollen, bugs and mold, of course. The real ones.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it won't become a problem.  And why should he, you'd just treat him like me and brush off anything he comes up with.  Just like you did anyone who said they'd vote for all 3.  So what about you resto, would you vote for all 3?  Or at least 2.  Or you only vote for abrogate?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it won't become a problem.  And why should he, you'd just treat him like me and brush off anything he comes up with.  Just like you did anyone who said they'd vote for all 3.  So what about you resto, would you vote for all 3?  Or at least 2.  Or you only vote for abrogate?

If they all get on the ballot, it makes no sense to vote for all three. The first one says it negates the rest. And Abrogate negates all regulations. I would vote for the non regulatory version if it makes it. 

And to be totally honest, I did mention (to a few people) your idea of the mites and spores populations getting out of control if Abrogate passes and everyone laughed until they cried. Thanks! LOL A laugh is priceless. 

If anyone made some sense as to why Abrogate is bad I would listen and decide if they are right. I like being wrong because then I learn something.

If they all get on the ballot, it makes no sense to vote for all three. The first one says it negates the rest. And Abrogate negates all regulations. I would vote for the non regulatory version if it makes it.

assume all three are on the ballot, but abrogate fails to get the votes to pass?

then if you do not vote for milegalize/mcc, you get nothing.

since abrogate is a constitutional amendment, it does not change the same laws as milegalize/mcc.

therefor if abrogate and mcc / milegalize all pass, abrogate does not fall into the "greatest percentage of votes win" that will happen to mcc and milegalize.

If anyone made some sense as to why Abrogate is bad I would listen and decide if they are right. I like being wrong because then I learn something.

i brought up some concerns of mine here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-3

heres malamute's opinion on abrogate

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-3#entry542480

i'd like to see zap's analysis too. if he wants to share.

assume all three are on the ballot, but abrogate fails to get the votes to pass?

then if you do not vote for milegalize/mcc, you get nothing.

since abrogate is a constitutional amendment, it does not change the same laws as milegalize/mcc.

therefor if abrogate and mcc / milegalize all pass, abrogate does not fall into the "greatest percentage of votes win" that will happen to mcc and milegalize.

i brought up some concerns of mine here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-3

heres malamute's opinion on abrogate

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-3#entry542480

i'd like to see zap's analysis too. if he wants to share.

I would like to here zap's opinion in detail!

Peace

I would rather have the Supreme Court defining than the current Legislature amending. 

I don't think more people would vote NO for Abrogate than the others. I believe we would get the 63% like last time. Maybe more. 

Is that your better of 2 wrongs?

Peace