Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

Get those petitions printed, I'll collect signatures.

I've not yet signed any petition... been waiting on something better than quasi legalization.

That's 2 of us in Lansing ready to do this.

Running a repeal campaign even if it fails, still gets the word out to more people.

Just need to keep doing it until removing cannabis from the CSA prevails. 

Anything less means cannabis use/grow/... et al  (including medical) is still considered criminal.

jm02

No?

i think malamute wants to know how many people are organizing petitions, organizing petition volunteers, organizing fundraisers, organizing the website and communications, organizing the whole shebang.

do you have a calender schedule? backup plans for when things fail? phone lines, emails, blogs, twitters/facebook accounts, envelope stuffers, etc.

i think malamute wants to know how many people are organizing petitions, organizing petition volunteers, organizing fundraisers, organizing the website and communications, organizing the whole shebang.

do you have a calender schedule? backup plans for when things fail? phone lines, emails, blogs, twitters/facebook accounts, envelope stuffers, etc.

All the signature gathering type people have already exhausted their resources chasing the fake legalization, false pie in the sky, false information to the public thingy you call legalization. 

Now all we have is worn out signature gathering people who were lied to once to get them to work. 

I think that if real legalization fails it's the fault of the folks that supported the fakeness. Without the fakeness we would have fresh signature gathering type folks getting in line to get sigs. Better get your petition T. The real deal is here now ...... toss out those fake ones. 

I am not even saying that.

I am simply asking what the real plan is to get the signatures, get it on the ballot, and advertise for success.

I have heard and watched people fail miserably on this topic.

I just wanted to know if this is just another flash in the pan or did people actually setup the basis for a real campaign.

I am not even saying that.

I am simply asking what the real plan is to get the signatures, get it on the ballot, and advertise for success.

I have heard and watched people fail miserably on this topic.

I just wanted to know if this is just another flash in the pan or did people actually setup the basis for a real campaign.

and all of that will cost $$$$$ imho

All the signature gathering type people have already exhausted their resources chasing the fake legalization, false pie in the sky, false information to the public thingy you call legalization. 

Now all we have is worn out signature gathering people who were lied to once to get them to work. 

I think that if real legalization fails it's the fault of the folks that supported the fakeness. Without the fakeness we would have fresh signature gathering type folks getting in line to get sigs. Better get your petition T. The real deal is here now ...... toss out those fake ones. 

Holy cow, now it's one or the other?  Why can't we all just get along?  I wouldn't let all the people gathering sigs hear that if I were you.  No better way to push people away than saying their work was for nothing and they were fooled.

Edited by Norby

I read that ML is going to extend their sig gathering.  The reason given is to avoid it possibly being put on March 2016 ballot?

Okay, I can understand that... if indeed that is the reason... smart move.

If however this is being done to confuse matters when Abrogate starts collecting... well...

Just me pondering out loud.

I read this elsewhere but found it here also;

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49719-closing-in-on-legalization/?p=541951

I read that ML is going to extend their sig gathering.  The reason given is to avoid it possibly being put on March 2016 ballot?

Okay, I can understand that... if indeed that is the reason... smart move.

If however this is being done to confuse matters when Abrogate starts collecting... well...

Just me pondering out loud.

I read this elsewhere but found it here also;

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49719-closing-in-on-legalization/?p=541951

Just more BS from the quasi legal liars. You always get BS from these guys, they are full of it.

That's exactly what they will do. They can't get the sigs for their lame azz scam so they are going to turn on Michigan patients and rec users alike. Greedy bass turds!

If they had a shred of integrity they would be jumping on the Abrogate wagon.

Anyone diss'n Abrogate and not helping are ANTI.

Mal, this is it, instead of pis sin on us why aren't you leading the parade.

We the People are ripe for Abrogate and we need your help Now.

Can we count on you?

There's no way you will get the quazi legalization organization to be friendly with the abrogate route because abrogate takes all their $$$$$ money away. No one will pay them any more. Why would we? We would be FREE. We wouldn't be paying anyone any more. No doctors or lawyers or labs or dispensaries. It's a beautiful thing if you are not in this for money. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who are you beholdin' to? 

There's no way you will get the quazi legalization organization to be friendly with the abrogate route because abrogate takes all their $$$$$ money away. No one will pay them any more. Why would we? We would be FREE. We wouldn't be paying anyone any more. No doctors or lawyers or labs or dispensaries. It's a beautiful thing if you are not in this for money. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who are you beholdin' to?

C'mon now, you know these guys are working hard for We the People

They have said all along they are for Free the Weed, and legal lies was a necessary baby step in the march to Freeing said Weed.

Now we are storming the gates of prohibition and you don't think they will show?

Tell me it ain't so!

Edited by beourbud

I believe so also Resto.

ML will create such a quagmire and of course guarantee that 'law makers' will have plenty to do for decades to come.

bah.

ML imho is not a baby step forward, it's ... dangerous.

My conscience will not allow me to even sign the petition.

Something is NOT always better than 'nothing'. 

We already have a great law in MI that we the people voted in that has never even been implemented properly.

OUR LAW has been met with resistance by LEO/ courts/ our gov't et al...since the beginning.

Why would I think a new law would be implemented properly? 

I DON'T.  Leopards don't change their spots.

Given my options thus far Abrogate gets my support, hands down.

IF... Abrogate fails and ML becomes law... then in 4 more years maybe people will have had enough

of being duped and finally be on board to remove all penalties from cannabis.

The one phrase I hear from folks I talk with is; the gov't "won't allow" full repeal/ abrogate/ removal from CSA/ PHC etc...

Wow, really?

$5,000.00 is a Starter Goal.  This goal will cover the cost of printing from the quotes I received. Yes some of them were very costy, Others were quite reasonable. Shopping around has it's benefits.

I have setup the www.michican.us website with intentions of expanding it for the campaign in a like kind donation of webspace for the Abrogate Petition Drive.
Also hosting a podcast M-F where we discuss not just prohibition in Michigan, but many other closely related issues, like the Keith Wood Jury Nullification case over in the 77th District.

I am just one set of flapping lips. lol   My position on this forum has not changed since I first Joined it back in 2010/11.  
My 10,000 or so previous posts all support what I am saying today.  My position is exactly where it was in 2012.   I have said from the day I joined this forum there is only one real way to fix this issue, and Begging the Tyrants in Lansing D.C. is not the way to do it.

Hell even Michael used to hold that position.  Lest we all forgot the rouse spring 2013 brought to the forum.
Begging Tyrants (Kings) has never bode well for the beggars.  I personally don't subscribe to it.

Here is the deal. in 2008, we passed an indirect legislative initiative called the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act of 2008.  We have seen how Lansing D.C. deals with Indirect Legislative Initiatives they do not agree with.  It matters not if they carry a D or a R at the end of their Team Name.... The Democrats balked on purpose, knowing what the Republicans would do when they came into offices in 2011, 2 yrs after the MMM Act was passed by 63% of every county.  You think this was just done by happenstance?  No that is Politics.

We are all aware of what is at stake.   So my question is;

How is giving Lansing D.C. which will be mostly unchanged after the 2016 Election Cycle, another Indirect Legislative Initiative going to fix what Lansing D.C. did to the last one we gave them in 2008?   

Doing the same experiment over and over, and expecting different results is the mark of insanity. - Albert Einstein.

Maybe instead of asking what has been done, you can ask what you can do?

Well, I don't have $500,000 to a Million bucks, so besides asking how you plan on getting it on the ballot, my options are low.

I want it to win, no question. But reality makes it hard to pretend you don't see it. Reality is a fickle mistress.

I will fill in a couple sheets of sigs for you.  But, you need much more organization and money to make it happen.

And, even then, have you done any poll to see support for the free the weed approach in a constitutional amendment?

Are the numbers there?

posted this to riu, might as well post here.

i have a couple of questions on the wording.

(1) The agricultural, personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial use of cannabis in any form by any person shall be a lawful activity.

nothing in this wording protects people who drive. or work.

(2) All prohibitions on the use of cannabis in any form by any person is hereby null and void, and henceforth abrogated.

does "any person" include corporations?

(3) "Use of Cannabis" shall include:

(a) The growing, manufacture, delivery, purchase, consumption, and transport, of any seed, flower, leaf, mixture, derivative, extract, product, and or

preparation of the cannabis plant for all personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial purposes.

personal, recreational and medicinal "purposes" probably does not include driving while having thc in the blood.

not defining "purposes" is also a foolish move.

you can consume, lawfully, but nothing in this wording protects a person from being arrested for any ng limit of thc in the blood while driving.

(4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

what about regulation to enable use?

what about regulation and fines to protect "public safety"?

what about fines to diminish use? should it say "no fines in any manner" or "no criminal or civil penalties in any manner" ?

what about excise tax to enable use?

why the words "diminish use"? this is a loophole for more laws against cannabis.

Edited by lids

Answered on Roll it up. 

If just 30,000 Patients commit to one sheet and get 12 signatures, would cover all the requirement to get on the ballot with about 50,000 over.

That is not good enough, we need to crank out 500,000 sigs. That is actually very doable.   83 counties, 35 sigs a day, 180 days 523K sigs.

200,000 Registered Pts and Caregivers.   Their Sig plus 2, 600,000 sigs.

It is more than doable. The question is really are you willing to get a petition, get 12 sigs, and send it back and get this done?

Edited by Timmahh

Join Us at 8PM EST for a 2 Hour conversation on the future of Cannabis in Michigan.
Tonight, Thursday 12-17, We just continue to flap our lips.

Guest Call In Line:
(646) 668-2239

Tune In, Join In, Get Heard, Not Done!

This isn't your controlled talking points Cannabis Minded Radio Show.
This is a show to discuss the unthinkable, Actual Repeal of Prohibition in Michigan.

http://tobtr.com/s/8141779

Join Us at 8PM EST for a 2 Hour conversation on the future of Cannabis in Michigan.

Guest Call In Line:

(646) 668-2239

This is a show to discuss the unthinkable, Actual Repeal of Prohibition in Michigan.

WOW  All the buzz about Abrogate is increasing the traffic to this site.

Edited by beourbud

Guest Call In Line:

(646) 668-2239

WOW  All the buzz about Abrogate is increasing the traffic to this site.

Someone have the stats on this as I've noticed no increase.