Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

Please Note. We are having the 1st in 4 Online meetings to kick this Campaign off. 1st meeting is tomorrow at 2pm and then Sunday at 2pm also. Please Comment if you can Make any of these Meetings.

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Please reply to this thread if you want to be involved in the Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Signature Campaign as we are about to go Hot very Soon!!!
We are nearly at Go Time. Here is the place we are currently at in timeYou need to Reply to this post. If you are willing to help Abrogate Prohibition Michigan get on the 2016 Ballot, we need you to join in on our Coming Online Meetings. Replying lets me know how many and who to add to the Meeting info.

We are going to have them over the next 2 weekends in an online format to start with, and will meet @ 2pm EST for 2 hrs, Sat and Sun both this and next weekends. You will only need access to your phone to join in on these meetings, but having access online at the time will also be helpful. 
I realize these are very busy times of the year, but Tyrants take no days off, and right now, we need to make a little time to dedicate to fighting the Tyrants in Lansing D.C.

To set these online meetings up, I need to know who can make any or all of them. These will be brainstorming meetings (though more about what you feel will work in your area) and meetings to setup and get organized as a group of APM Petitioners. We will be talking Petitioning Dos and Don'ts, Additional Campaign Tactics and Events, Addressing the hard questions that are sure to arise, as well as your opinions and options for Fund Driving and Advertising ideas. If you are inspired, and believe it is time to just end this insanity called Prohibition, then bring your Ideas, thoughts, and concepts you feel will help APM be successful and share them in these meetings.

We will be going over the aspects of what we can all contribute to this Campaign in our local areas/counties and communities. While we do need some funding, we need your participation first and foremost. Over the last month, I have had some Very Exciting and Inspiring conversations with people from all over the state, and all walks of life in it. Everyone has the same mindset, It is Time.

No one knows your community better than you, so we would like to see you take the initiative in your own communities, and be an active APM Campaigner to the entire community. It is time we put our personal differences aside for the time being, and focus on redressing and correcting this Prohibition Issue once and for all in our beloved State, and the benefit of the State, and our severely wounded Economy. Im not asking we all hold hands and sing 'we are the world', not that it would hurt, but we do need to be willing to look beyond the tree and see the nice fields that are behind the forest.

Immediately Following next weekend, We will hold a couple Public Meetings for us to get together in persons. I am thinking maybe 3 meetings, one down state, one mid state and on upper state. So we need to find 3 central and accessible meeting places that are not to far for any one person/group to attend, and we can finalize many of the campaign goals, questions, and needed information or ongoing ideas at that time.

I see that Train a comin'. It's rolling 'round the bend. And I ain't seen the sunshine, since, I don't know when.......I'ma Stuck here in Folsum, and time keeps dragging on........When I hear the whistle blowing, I sing my sad sad song.

The time we have been waiting for has arrived, Right Here, Right Now.
The Time in Right and Ready...Are you?

Reply now and let us know you want us to help you Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Because It's Time To Take The Power Back.

Contact me directly here or by email at timothylocke@michican.us if you are not on Facebook. 
If you are on Facebook Find us here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DM2016BMLCMC/permalink/1666436393639001/

If you are Not on facebook, Send me an email or a Private Message, and I'll give you the needed information to be involved in these next 4 online group calls. 

Or you can try to catch us at one of the Meetings we are planning to have around the state after Christmas.

Edited by Timmahh

Thanks Mal. I know we have had our disputes here over the years.  I hold no ill will or other nonsense. This has never been about me, my ego, you, or anyone else as far as our own personal positions, or anything else for me.
Over the last 5 yrs, I have been quite clear of my position that the only way to fix this is Full and Total Repeal of Prohibition at the State Level, leaving No State Authority over We the People in our Personal and Individual lives.  We can believe we own ourselves, or we can acquiesce into the failed logic of Government Owns Us.
I Choose the former. How about everyone else?

This is Bigger than all of us.  Fact is, We the People have always had this Authority.  And we are the Only ones that can stop us.

We had our first Online Meeting today (Sat. 12-19).  We just touched on the basics and plans for petitioners and the status of the BoC Approval ect.

You can listen to the majority of the meeting here:

2nd meeting it set for Sunday 12-20 (today in 12.5 hrs. from the time of this posting).

If you would like to be involved in Petitioning, and the Campaign to bring Cannabis Prohibition to its Knees in Michigan, we need you to help us, help you.

There are a few things you will need for the meetings.
1. if you can connect online via cpu or mobile, please do so using the program, www.paltalk.com  DL and install (similar to skype, but no phone interactions and quite a bit more meeting room setup.  It is free to d/l and use and they are cpu and mobile compatible.
Once installed, find the room

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Campaign

You can not join the room until it is Open. I will open it at 1pm, 1 hr before the meeting starts.

You can also listen in on the MichICAN Radio Podcast I host on BTR. 
For those that want to be heard, We will need to use a cycling caller method when you want to speak. IE call into the podcast on the guest call in line. I can only hold 10 call in numbers in the host cue, so only a handful of people can Speak on Air at any given time, and of course that needs to be single file/round table type discussions.  So for those that want to have a word, you ll need to call into the guest line, have your time to speak on air, and then disconnect and listen to others via the podcast.

I am going to try to blend the 2 programs, BTR Podcast and Pal Talk so Both can be used in conjunction and we may even be able to let those on Pal Talk, Get heard over the Podcast in an old school analog setup here on my end.  Going to try to make it work

The time to get involved is now.  Signature Campaign should be kicking off in January 2016, and we will be running right up to July 5th or there abouts.  Our Deadline to turn Petitions ready to go into the State is July 11th, to make the 2016 election cycle.

These first 4 online meetings, the one we had Sat, then Sunday the 20ths, and next Sat and Sun (26th/27th) are initiating meetings to get everyone ready. We will be holding 3 or perhaps 4 meetings in person in various locations around the State between Xmas and Campaign Kick Off to really cement the goals of the campaign and get everyone ready to move. 

Next BoC Meeting is Tuesday, Jan 29th at 1:30pm.  We are headed to the meeting with suggestion of Approval by the Board of Elections Petition Vetting Staff.  We should gain Board of Canvassers Approval at this meeting.  The Printers will be ready to go once we gain Approval, and once we do, the presses will run 50,000 Petitions for the Volunteer Petitioners to Circulate.  

We will go over these points and more at the next 3 meetings as well as set up the places to meet around the State as we finalize the Campaign Kickoff in January.

Here is todays (Sundays) podcast link for the 2nd meeting for those that cant use Pal Talk.  
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/michicannightlyradioshow/2015/12/20/apm-meeting-2

I didn't realize I only had 10 host cue slots. Thought I was allowed up to 50 slots, which there are, but 40 are listen only, but it was only 10 that can get into the host cue. 
This is why we need anyone that can have Voice communications to use Pal Talk and join the Campaign Room. 
This allows the 10 podcast slots to be utilized for those that can only connect via telephone to listen in, and The 10 Slots can be used to Cycle the Callers in and out of the On Air part of the show.

It will be a little tricky, but this will get us through for the time being until we Start holding the cross State meetings.

Edited by Timmahh

I wish you the best.

I hope when a Petition for A.P.M. is in your area, you will see its value and sign it to give the Michigan Voters the Option to Decide for themselves.  Like we did in 2008 with the MMM Act, and just months ago on May 5th, with the Taxation Issue we shot down.

This is why a Constitutional Amendment is the only way. We have the ability in Michigan, to not utilize it now, I truly believe we will only be damning ourselves, and our grandchldrens children will curse our graves.

i realize you've been working hard and up to 2 am , heres the last post questioning the wording in abrogate.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-4#entry542500

i really do hope you consider these problems in wording that others have pointed out. even mcc widthdrew their petition language based on an error that i found. its no big deal.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48881-michigan-cannabis-coalition-legalization-initiative/?p=527760#entry527760

http://www.wnem.com/story/29154665/michigan-marijuana-legalization-drive-poised-to-clear-step

some of my comments about milegalize were adopted between the draft and final version too.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48689-milegalize-draft-comments/

better to fix it now than to end up with a messed up law later, like the mmma. am i right?

i am not an expert , i dont pretend to be one. i also suggest that you ask Greg Schmid to review your language, as he IS a lawyer and has experience with marijuana law drafting , http://www.schmidlaw.com/for contact info.

the more eyes reviewing language the better. mcc was drafted by lawyers and still had holes. mmma was written by lawyers too. it is not easy writing law language.

I hope when a Petition for A.P.M. is in your area, you will see its value and sign it to give the Michigan Voters the Option to Decide for themselves.  Like we did in 2008 with the MMM Act, and just months ago on May 5th, with the Taxation Issue we shot down.

This is why a  Michigan Voters the Option to Decide for themselves.  Like we did in 2008 with the MMM Act,is the only way. We have the ability in Michigan, to not utilize it now, I truly believe we will only be damning ourselves, and our grandchldrens children will curse our graves.

Thanks

Michigan Voters the Option to Decide for themselves.  Like we did in 2008 with the MMM Act, ? and look at the Law today what the courts had Leo have done to it

Most don't even know arrest are up and 20,000 people get arrested each year 

Is cannabis more legal today then 2008 ? 

Will cannabis be legal if we vote for  a Constitutional Amendment ?

I think everyone wants cannabis to be legal but have different ways of getting their Imho  

Meeting has Start. Here are the 2 links to use

BTR Link 

And Pal Talk Room Link 

This proposal would add a new Section 28 to Article 1 of the State Constitution to read as follows:
Section 28.
(1) The agricultural, personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial use of cannabis in any form by any person shall be a lawful activity.
(a) Cannabis use by any person who is; the ward of an adult, enrolled in K*12 school, a minor, shall be lawful activity requiring only parental or legal
guardian authorization.

(2) All prohibitions on the use of cannabis in any form by any person is hereby null and void, and henceforth abrogated.

(3) “Use of Cannabis” shall include: 
(a) The growing, manufacture, delivery, purchase, consumption, and transport, of any seed, flower, leaf, mixture, derivative, extract, product, and or 
preparation of the cannabis plant for all personal, recreational, medicinal, commercial and industrial purposes.

(4) No excise tax, no fines, no regulation to diminish use, shall be levied or allowed for use of Cannabis.

(5) Severability: If any section, subsection or part of this amendment is for any reason held to be invalid or unconstitutional, the remaining sections, 
subsections or parts of those sections shall not be affected but will remain in full force and effect.

Edited by Timmahh

Constitutional Law is vastly different that Michigan Compiled Law (Universal Commercial Code). If one does not really get the major differences between them, then Constitutional Language will look very different and perhaps to Vague, or Grey. But that is just the System trying to make something that scares them to their shorts, look weak and 'undoable'.

But, to those aware of the Major differences in the two Types of Law, they can see the value of what has been presented.

Edited by Timmahh

i realize you've been working hard and up to 2 am , heres the last post questioning the wording in abrogate.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49823-washington-state-after-25-years-of-legalization/page-4#entry542500

i really do hope you consider these problems in wording that others have pointed out. even mcc widthdrew their petition language based on an error that i found. its no big deal.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48881-michigan-cannabis-coalition-legalization-initiative/?p=527760#entry527760

http://www.wnem.com/story/29154665/michigan-marijuana-legalization-drive-poised-to-clear-step

some of my comments about milegalize were adopted between the draft and final version too.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48689-milegalize-draft-comments/

better to fix it now than to end up with a messed up law later, like the mmma. am i right?

i am not an expert , i dont pretend to be one. i also suggest that you ask Greg Schmid to review your language, as he IS a lawyer and has experience with marijuana law drafting , http://www.schmidlaw.com/for contact info.

the more eyes reviewing language the better. mcc was drafted by lawyers and still had holes. mmma was written by lawyers too. it is not easy writing law language.

Greg has read it.  All he said was the Impaired Driving may be an issue.....

Mostly because it leaves Gov and LEO no recourse... Other than the Standardized Field Sobriety Test.... aka, they have to PROVE you are actually Impaired.

No Breathylizers or other test are allowed.

Edited by Timmahh

someone said they were kicked for some 'routine maintenance message'.  but they were able to get back in.
was a slow day being Sunday and kind of nice out.  
Here is the 2nd meeting on Archive.  We ll have two more of these next weekend (sat and sun @ 2pm est again). and then the following Tuesday is the BoC board meeting I will be at anticipating passage.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/michicannightlyradioshow/2015/12/20/apm-meeting-2

Yes, though it has been a few decades for me.    We have dozens of supporters that are old hat at signature collections and signature vetting.  Not sure why it seems to be such a big deal I made a simple error and misspoke on that part. 

Auctions are one of many options to raise funds. 
If anyone has the gumption to help organize these type events in your county, or in an online setup, lets talk and get it started. I'm just one guy. If you have something you can do to make these things start to happen, lets do them.  We just need to coordinate our efforts to make these things happen. 

Get in touch with me, and we can start to make them happen.
This wont happen unless everyone helps out in whatever capacity they can.
We just need to Coordinate all the efforts for scheduling and success.

Keep an eye on how the policy for signatures is addressed by the BOC.

There is no possible way that Abrogate will be on the 2016 ballot, but the conditions could change in a way that could allow up to nearly four years to gather sigs.

Abrogate could realistically be ready for 2020- which would be great.

Keep an eye on how the policy for signatures is addressed by the BOC.

There is no possible way that Abrogate will be on the 2016 ballot, but the conditions could change in a way that could allow up to nearly four years to gather sigs.

Abrogate could realistically be ready for 2020- which would be great.

Are you sure about taking to 2020 to do what we Should just do Next Year?  I think Michigan is Ready Now!

How about You!

Yes We Cannabis!

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan's Constitutional Amendment was Approved in a unanimous vote by the Board of Canvassers today, December 29th, 2015.

So let me ask you Michiganders. Are you ready to Repeal Cannabis Prohibition, or would you rather kick the can down the road 20 or more years for our children to have to deal with still?

Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Because It's Time Has Come.
Edited by Timmahh

Just curious, does the government, local or otherwise count as a "person" for #2(All prohibitions on the use of cannabis in any form by any "PERSON" is hereby null and void, and henceforth abrogated)

or do entities, organizations, boards or any other body that is comprised of more than one person count and who will decide if they do or not when the time comes?

for example, the governor (or whomever) appoints a board of 3 to devise and implement prohibitions and punishment for the use of cannabis. is the board a person or not?