Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

The 'decriminalize one ounce ordinances'  passing or losing in Michigan are coming in at around 10% under the percentage that the same municipalities voted for the MMMAct.

Generally, a very small insignificant decrim of one ounce would run around 52.7% statewide.

Where these other proposals ends up is anyones guess. 

But I am seeing a lot of talk and no signatures gathered yet. 

Tick Tock Biitches.

There is no other reason to have the penalties, rules, and restrictions in place, other than to protect the players in whatever "industry" arises. Whether that industry is the "cottage industry" created in Michigan by the dispensary team, or big business partners of the Legislators, makes no difference to the rest of us, as we'll be the ones under the boot heel.

What?  So you think testing requirements help who?  Help the growers and dispensaries or the people smoking whatever is sprayed on it?  Obviously it helps the testing facilities but in a sense could help bring down the costs of such tests as long as there is competition.  Look at Co and spinosad.  What might have happened to people smoking spinosad.  I know it allowed for NO levels of any pesticides but still, I don't think restrictions are specifically for the people in business.  None of those dispensaries or growers got anything good out of that.  But possibly the people smoking in Co were averted from a possible harm.  Not EVERYTHING in restrictions and violations is for the players involved. I understand that it goes overboard usually but that is a false statement.

And why does cottage industry have to be dispensaries.  i grew 1/4lb a week with one strain and 12 plants.  That's the cottage industry I'm talking about.  Small time growers not 500 - 1500 plant facilities. If you don't try to be one of the 500-1500, your the cottage industry.

And to be totally honest, I did mention (to a few people) your idea of the mites and spores populations getting out of control if Abrogate passes and everyone laughed until they cried. Thanks! LOL A laugh is priceless. 

If anyone made some sense as to why Abrogate is bad I would listen and decide if they are right. I like being wrong because then I learn something.

Well looks like I'm only voting for Mi Legalize then.

You don't have to listen you'll eventually find out, just like cali, and they don't even have hemp.

You just don't realize how many people are going to try and grow the strain they want, whether it's good for this climate or not.  Not to mention when they try growing hemp from other countries that are not regionally bred to be resistant to slugs, spotted leaf beetles, local fungus', etc.  You just haven't talked to anyone with the experience or research yet.  Do the research yourself, just read up on monocultures and what has to be done to keep them and how things spread.  Shouldn't take that long, lots of info out there.

I'm not saying it will be the end of good pot but it'll be the end of good pot as we know it.  Talk to some growers in cali and oregon and washington state.  They are on the cusp of it.  Wait till hemp goes in. 

I personally don't care, I adapt.  Others may not think the same as me.  just something to be aware of, whether you believe it or not. 

I guess I just wonder why this safety testing hasn't taken the world by storm now, while it is voluntary? If it is so helpful for patients, why do they never buy safety tests?

No, I do not think mandatory safety testing helps patients one bit, and is nothing more than another market protection scheme.

Wow, bad logic. Something isn't going to catch on by storm because it's healthier, you should know that.

We'll have to just agree to disagree on this one.  As for someone who grows their own, no benefit, but people have been caught blowing out cancer causing substances from coke plants in Buffalo and dumping hazardous shiit into the lakes and groundwater etc.  I've seen the amounts of sprays turn over on the hydro store shelves.  Just because something doesn't kill you immediately or leave signs, you can't feel the new cells in your body mutating and causing cancer.  no one knew what would happen with asbestos and mesothelioma.  I have seen the mold tests on samples from iron labs.  I doubt they are destroying it right after they get the tests back.

I agree on no mandatory testing but penalties for selling ganja laced with chemicals is fine on my list.

I'd have to say that most Michigan patients are simply not worried about this. I am not sure why, perhaps because most grow it themselves or know who's growing it.

Even those purchasing from strangers don't seem to care enough to buy even one test. I think it may be because most patients are smart enough not to smoke or eat things that come from people they don't trust. Perhaps it would be more meaningful if large-scale corporate grows were allowed, but I think that is an investment they'll have to make in order for anybody to trust them.

So the tests you did here comparing mexican against cg(already known not sprayed) that had 4-5 x allowable levels of multiple pesticides, no one was buying that?  Your logic is pretty shaky.  I know people here spray and late stage, there have been questions right here on this board from people using eagle 20 wrong, spraying in flowering.  ANd where is your proof that no one person has ever tested anything they bought?  I would've if the tests weren't so expensive and I wasn't getting more than an eighth but I mostly bought from a place where I could verify visual inspections(cause i don't feel comfortable pulling out a loupe while buying to inspect, I have used my pen flashlight to inspect though) and potency testing, since they don't do chem testing.  I'd personally have to find a caregiver and get their stuff tested randomly.  I don't trust people in general, I'd buy from the tested section and pay a few more bucks myself, esp. since it'd be from a store which is obviously second hand sold.  I don't like having to schedule appts to get something and I like the variety, personally.

Did the dispensary you bought at test the marijuana? If not, why didn't you insist upon it, and go elsewhere instead?

This is what I mean. Even patients that want testing don't really want it or feel that they need it, or the dispensaries would be doing it now.

They do test and i bought from a place that tests.  Are you talking pesticides?  No they wouldn't, they would tell patients not to worry their growers don't spray, until someone came up with a test of the dispense that had pesticides, tehn the dispense would blame it on the grower or deny it.  Do you trust any other industries like this?

A testing company bought those safety tests to help promote its services and locally grown medical marijuana.

Well you can't not tell the mexicans you are testing their pot and then get samples from local growers who know they don't spray to prove anything.  Do you think that the locals don't buy pesticides and fungicides?  Because I know a hydro store worker who says otherwise.

Well you can't not tell the mexicans you are testing their pot and then get samples from local growers who know they don't spray to prove anything.  Do you think that the locals don't buy pesticides and fungicides?  Because I know a hydro store worker who says otherwise.

If people want testing then they can pay extra for that. If people don't want testing then they can have it that way too. We don't need laws to make us do these things. 

I'm not the one that trusted them, you did. Again, it seems that their customers do trust them.

I think it's a cost benefit analysis.  Most people are broke and can't pay any more than they already do, teh thing to fix this would be to make it so people earn more so that they could afford testing the couple bux a quarter(just random testing would do the job if a dispense had to worry, everything wouldn't have to be tested.  crap you could use fines to provide for random testing to keep the costs to nil and make sure the industry is clean, there is more than one way to skin a cat.), anything else is a race to the bottom.  Really for all the crap spewed into our environment and all the stuff sold like spinach, that's still contaminated with ecoli, you really think there are no shady characters in teh business?  Why is MJ holy to you when every other business needs regs to keep them in line.  Regs have turned to favoring big business but getting rid of all of them only will lead to bad in teh other direction.

Most people don't know that these pesticides and fungicides change when tehy are burned and that most people trust if it doesn't hurt them immediately.  Most people aren't that smart, how do you think we got to the place we have got to?

To think that MJ should be any different then water, alcohol, cigarettes or food or anything else we consume is folly.

I think it's a cost benefit analysis.  Most people are broke and can't pay any more than they already do, teh thing to fix this would be to make it so people earn more so that they could afford testing the couple bux a quarter(just random testing would do the job if a dispense had to worry, everything wouldn't have to be tested.  crap you could use fines to provide for random testing to keep the costs to nil and make sure the industry is clean, there is more than one way to skin a cat.), anything else is a race to the bottom.  Really for all the crap spewed into our environment and all the stuff sold like spinach, that's still contaminated with ecoli, you really think there are no shady characters in teh business?  Why is MJ holy to you when every other business needs regs to keep them in line.  Regs have turned to favoring big business but getting rid of all of them only will lead to bad in teh other direction.

Most people don't know that these pesticides and fungicides change when tehy are burned and that most people trust if it doesn't hurt them immediately.  Most people aren't that smart, how do you think we got to the place we have got to?

To think that MJ should be any different then water, alcohol, cigarettes or food or anything else we consume is folly.

Do you go and get those mushrooms you picked in the woods tested?  :lolu:

This conversation is so off-topic at this point it's ridiculous. Neither ballot proposal addresses this issue.

I am simply telling you the context of those test purchases. I think all this testing stuff is a load of hooey and has been since the beginning. And now it is being used to imply negligence or stupidity on the part of Michigan patients and caregivers. Thanks for your advocacy, Norby.

Ahh so you can't win so lets drop it.  You think whatever you want, I like to see it all out there and clear in the open.  You can paint it however you want.  But you thinking everything is clean and clear here, unlike every other state thats tested is hurting some people more than my words.  You can choose to deny science and machines as much as you want but we wouldn't be where we are if it was all hooey.  Are they perfect, nothing is. Have they shed light on some things, I'm sure they have. 

Ahh so you can't win so lets drop it.  You think whatever you want, I like to see it all out there and clear in the open.  You can paint it however you want.  But you thinking everything is clean and clear here, unlike every other state thats tested is hurting some people more than my words.  You can choose to deny science and machines as much as you want but we wouldn't be where we are if it was all hooey.  Are they perfect, nothing is. Have they shed light on some things, I'm sure they have. 

Maybe you should find some people that were hurt first? Most of us have smoked weed that was smuggled into the US for a long time. Everything needs to be in context. 

With Norby, it always comes back to manditory testing. LOL He's so see through it's funny.  :lolu:

Makes you wonder who he talks with in the real world that will still listen to his testing garbage. With him all conversations lead to testing. His wife must be a chemist or something. Oh, she is?  :lolu:

More hateful spew from the man who grows thc laden roots but is against testing, too funny.

Still a tool, nothing new here.

More hateful spew from the man who grows thc laden roots but is against testing, too funny.

Still a tool, nothing new here.

I'm all for testing. For anyone who wants it. Maybe you should adjust your agenda and read a little? Bad form here. Do you have an opinion on manditory testing or just an opinion on me? 

READ!

If people want testing then they can pay extra for that. If people don't want testing then they can have it that way too. We don't need laws to make us do these things. 

Edited by Restorium2

Do you go and get those mushrooms you picked in the woods tested?  :lolu:

No, I just don't pick from roadsides or parking lots or cities where pesticides are sprayed.  Mushrooms bioaccumulate lead and pesticides and the like.  If you know you don't have to worry.  No one is growing my mushrooms for me and there is random testing for stuff sold in supermarkets.  Any more resto logic i need to sort out?

This is a great point. I am just quoting it again to help show how silly this conversation has become.

And you are showing your ignorance all the more.  Just because we have pollution means we should just forget about it and not check for pesticides on stuff we can control?

Edited by Norby