Abrogate Prohibition Michigan Ballot Question Committee Amendment...

Timmahh

I'm sure you've never had a drink from a lake or river, or eaten something directly from a farm or orchard. How difficult it must be not to trust nature!

And thank goodness alcohol and cigs are safety tested! Wouldn't want anything dangerous being sold, would we?

Where is that logic?  Do you know of giardia and other parasites?  Do you know how polluted our water is here? In NYS there are many superfund sites and the water needs to be cleaned and treated to be clean.  I've eaten from roadside stands.  Do you know the laws on them?  They can be shut down if they have tests that show they are over allowable limits.  They are able to sell to the public as an end consumer.  Anything sold second hand is under requirements to have below an allowable level of pesticides but are not subject to mandatory testing.  Are you familiar with the cottage laws here?  Are you familiar with the laws on selling produce at the end of your driveway?  Are you familiar with monsanto trying to write laws to end that? You dont think corporations won't try and put the same or worse on cottage industry here?  Yet you want nothing holding them back in this state because you want nothing holding YOU back.  You confuse bad judges and cops and politicians with regulation being all bad. 

I eat from my garden and places thet sell around me when I need veggies other than at the mkt.  Anything sold thru meijer and the like is a crap shoot because of sheer volume but I wash it, something that isn't done with indoor mj.  your logic is quite confusing.

Edited by Norby

Where is that logic?  Do you know of giardia and other parasites?  Do you know how polluted our water is here? In NYS there are many superfund sites and the water needs to be cleaned and treated to be clean.  I've eaten from roadside stands.  Do you know the laws on them?  They can be shut down if they have tests that show they are over allowable limits.  They are able to sell to the public as an end consumer.  Anything sold second hand is under requirements to have below an allowable level of pesticides but are not subject to mandatory testing.  Are you familiar with the cottage laws here?  Are you familiar with the laws on selling produce at the end of your driveway?  Are you familiar with monsanto trying to write laws to end that? You dont think corporations won't try and put the same or worse on cottage industry here?  Yet you want nothing holding them back in this state because you want nothing holding YOU back.  You confuse bad judges and cops and politicians with regulation. 

I eat from my garden and places thet sell around me when I need veggies other than at the mkt.  Anything sold thru meijer and the like is a crap shoot because of sheer volume but I wash it, something that isn't done with indoor mj.  your logic is quite confusing.

Oh? A motive? Sinister one? Please elaborate.

Where is that logic?  Do you know of giardia and other parasites?  Do you know how polluted our water is here? In NYS there are many superfund sites and the water needs to be cleaned and treated to be clean.  I've eaten from roadside stands.  Do you know the laws on them?  They can be shut down if they have tests that show they are over allowable limits.  They are able to sell to the public as an end consumer.  Anything sold second hand is under requirements to have below an allowable level of pesticides but are not subject to mandatory testing.  Are you familiar with the cottage laws here?  Are you familiar with the laws on selling produce at the end of your driveway?  Are you familiar with monsanto trying to write laws to end that? You dont think corporations won't try and put the same or worse on cottage industry here?  Yet you want nothing holding them back in this state because you want nothing holding YOU back.  You confuse bad judges and cops and politicians with regulation being all bad. 

If these rules are already in place for roadside stands why do we need more rules Norby? 

I guess I just wonder why this safety testing hasn't taken the world by storm now, while it is voluntary? If it is so helpful for patients, why do they never buy safety tests?

No, I do not think mandatory safety testing helps patients one bit, and is nothing more than another market protection scheme.

Jones said during a recent press conference.

“We’re hoping to make this so that child can get medicine, so that senior in the last stage of their life can get medicine immediately by going to a legal and tested dispensary.”

Can't we have a discussion around here with out name calling?

As I understand; ignorance is the lack of knowledge and can be taught.

Stupidity however is having the knowledge and choosing to not use said knowledge.

That being said... calling or implying another person ignorant is really not conducive

to civil discourse.  It is very juvenile imho.

Oh? A motive? Sinister one? Please elaborate.

You obviously want no penalties for spraying whatever you want on anything you sell. If not you'd see that fines for selling people pesticide and fungicide laden pot would cover testing costs.  if no one was spraying anything the fund would run out and there'd be no more money to cover testing.  A random sampling a couple times a year from dispensaries would keep them in check.  They could choose to trust the people selling to them and get a fine if they are lying or they could randomly test sellers themselves and pass on those costs.  Either way it wouldn't be mandatory(just like selling fruits and veggies) it would be random, like restaurant health inspections.

Otherwise people could spray banned pesticides and unless they are caught, get away with it.  If there is never any testing then no one will ever know.  You are standing up for people who would harm people(either thru negligence or purposefully to make sure they never get mites or mildew or mold) by not caring what they spray on crops as long as they can make a buck.

Can some one explain to me how their will be no regulation with abrogate. Like can I just grow out my 8 acres with no fence for fun or what, and if I can what will stop big biz from starting big farms/big stores. Take it easy on me, I just can't wrap my head around it.

what is wrong with you growing 8 acres of tomatoes or 8 acres of cannabis?

is there a difference? what is the difference?

Can't we have a discussion around here with out name calling?

As I understand; ignorance is the lack of knowledge and can be taught.

Stupidity however is having the knowledge and choosing to not use said knowledge.

That being said... calling or implying another person ignorant is really not conducive

to civil discourse.  It is very juvenile imho.

If it's true that he's ignorant to the idea of collecting mushrooms, water treatment, the ability to farm and sell veggies at the end of your driveway, then he's ignorant of it.  I'm not calling anyone stupid, as you can't fix stupid.  but to not answer ANY of my questions and just write it off as folly and to mock my understanding of the environment will only go so far before i become annoyed at the lack of trying to learn.  Although I think you can track back and see who started it.

what is wrong with you growing 8 acres of tomatoes or 8 acres of cannabis?

is there a difference? what is the difference?

Well, in NYS one facility that didn't check for late blight ruined almost all of NYS tomato crop about 5 years ago.  They sold to Home depot and everyone who got ANY from them spread it throughout their neighborhood.  In that sense they are no different.

Edited by Norby