Milegalize Turned In 354,000 Qvf'd Validated Signatures

t-pain

it doesnt even mention the phc because it cant modify a law by title alone.

soooooooo those laws will be conflicting and will be on the books for the dumbfuck judges to sort out.

unless you think tricky rick jones will remove marijuana from the phc?

They have mucked with the MMMP, how on this green earth does anyone expect that they will treat milegalize with more regard for the peoples vote? :hair:

How many of you have been up to the Capitol bldg for hearings?  Have you seen or heard the MSP and the reverence they receive from legislators?

Peeps... open your eyes.

They have mucked with the MMMP, how on this green earth does anyone expect that they will treat milegalize with more regard for the peoples vote? :hair:

How many of you have been up to the Capitol bldg for hearings?  Have you seen or heard the MSP and the reverence they receive from legislators?

Peeps... open your eyes.

It is a new day.

Just being on the ballot gives us a chance to lobby law makers.

Gives democrats a better chance of winning.

After the election, I think Obama will make it schedule II or III

Greed by the state and local governments will take over

The status qua is not going to be an option, have you seen the crap Ohio is stuck with? Easy to see Michigan joining with Ohio and their data base

This law was written using the lessons of the last 8 years

Should have no negative effect on patients or caregivers   (yea yea I know, lets hear your fears)

I agree with imiubu. It's easy to get discouraged with all the political crap going on. But, we have a law (wont argue whether it's "good" or "bad") that allows me to 'legally' use cannabis. Having come of age during Vietnam, Nixon et al, I never thought I would be in the position I am today.

Would I like it "totally and unambiguously legal"? You bet!!

Back then (60-70s) it was about getting high and having a good time. Now, it's has helped me tremendously with my med. condition. And, perhaps more importantly, I'm learning just how powerful this plant is as medicine. IMHO it will take legalization in one form or another before the naysayers recognize the potential this plant holds.

I am not going to debate this issue anymore as to it being "good" or "bad".  We've :horse:  around enough and I am burned out.

I had a thought on the matter this morning as I contemplated something on a more personal level.

I attended a funeral for my nephews granddad last week.  I discovered that no matter how diligently my (ex) sis in law tried to convince

her father to use cannabis oil he absolutely refused to have anything to do with it.  Ron was a Vet who drank alcohol heavily for decades

to 'self medicate' as so many do.  Alcohol is "legal" and therefore 'okay' in his mind.  Ron was one of the very nicest humans I've ever

had the pleasure to know.  If medical cannabis had been legalized... he would have used it as an alternative.  He suffered horribly for

over 4 years with colon cancer before it took him. 

My point here is... if putting the words "legal" and "cannabis" (marijuana) together would ease the minds of our elderly or less informed,

that cannabis is now a "legal" alternative to their suffering... I say okay, bring them into the light, end unnecessary suffering.

I don't believe that 'legal' was the line he would not cross. I believe that he thought better of himself because he didn't use cannabis. It's the stigma, and any kind of 'legality' will not change that mental problem created by ignorant people. It's going to take time and generations of free thinkers to get over the stigma. 

Edited by Restorium2

I had enough conversations with him over the years prior to his illness and I know it was bc it is illegal.

That is this instance and this 1 person, I cannot speak for others reasoning's.

You didn't expect him to tell you the truth when he knew how you felt about cannabis did you? Did he ever go 1 mile an hour over the speed limit? He never did anything illegal in his life right? It was an excuse.

I do not need to convince you of chit.

Move along now.

I have dead relatives like that, cannabis might have saved them, and I have thought about it in depth. I don't think 'illegal' made the difference. I think it was some preconceived ideas that had nothing to do with legality. 

resto, at least by making marijuana "legal", it will remove one more excuse from the stigmatized

I'm going to beg to differ with you on that. Not following rules has not ever provided any real stigma. It's actually more personal than that with cannabis. We are actually dirty people. Worse than just rule breakers. 

I have actually seen some people like cannabis less as it becomes more legal. Not such a 'bad boy' thing then. They make fun of folks seeing the doctor to become legal. 

You don't have to do anything. I was asking for help understanding and using your life experience as a learning thing, adding it to mine. 

Okay, I can respect that.  I often read combativeness in your posts and respond accordingly, allowing my emotions (passion) to over ride my reason  :o   I am working to improve upon that :)

I'm going to beg to differ with you on that. Not following rules has not ever provided any real stigma. It's actually more personal than that with cannabis. We are actually dirty people. Worse than just rule breakers. 

I have actually seen some people like cannabis less as it becomes more legal. Not such a 'bad boy' thing then. They make fun of folks seeing the doctor to become legal. 

I agree.  We are emotionally reactionary beings. 

To answer the earlier question... Yes, he had a few DUI's.  As I stated b4... alcohol was his method of self medicating and

as is well known, booze clouds good judgement.

I have also considered that he may have refused cannabis for his cancer for reasons other than it's illegal status.

He could have easily became a MMJ pt and received his cannabis "legally", so there's that.

Ah the stigma,  1989 I was 20 got kicked out of cousins grad party for smoking a joint.  My uncle who kicked me out was so drunk he  had trouble standing up, I was over the limit as well should never of been driving.  to this day that whole side of the family has not had nothing to do with the black sheep of the family for smoking pot.