• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also bought the trim bin not great for my method of cutting buds off the plant  day of harvest but I let two plants dry on the stalk for a few days and used this unit to trim  and got a nice little container full of grey  looking gland heads and wow does it go nicely into a  joint gives it a powerhouse effect .

I also bought the trim bin not great for my method of cutting buds off the plant  day of harvest but I let two plants dry on the stalk for a few days and used this unit to trim  and got a nice little container full of grey  looking gland heads and wow does it go nicely into a  joint gives it a powerhouse effect .

Yup. But the buds are weaker now. That's why I trim wet buds, so all the glands stay in place where they are supposed to be. 

Yup. But the buds are weaker now. That's why I trim wet buds, so all the glands stay in place where they are supposed to be.

I trim like you but wonder if we are really losing anything. cause unless you are making hash with the trim your losing either way. Mabey you lose a little more trimming dry just from handling the buds.

I trim wet cause it is a lot faster for me but plan to get a small set of extraction bags to try to salvage something from what I normally burn

How are the buds weaker? I guess the sheet on the scissors and gloves don't count for anything?

You get less on the scissors and gloves if it's wet too. You can dunk the buds in water first and get the very least on your scissors and gloves. Then carefully dry it and you have the maximum glands still on your buds. That's what I'm talking about.

Edited by Restorium2

I trim wet because it's easier and the buds stay intact.

People trim dry because of time constraints mostly.

You have to have some great planning to do it wet, obviously.

No one trims wet because it is easier, people trim Wet beacause of Time Restraints. Dry trim is readily avail to go to market, has to dry first to before you can trim already cured and you can drop when you need to. You have to have some great planning to do it wet beacause it is obviously not how nature intended it.

I trim as soon as I cut it down. The fan leaves snap right off and everything else is still firm enough that I can get down to the stem and cut the rest of the leaves off at their base.

I've never even considered trimming after it dries. Unless for some reason I am unable to trim while fresh. Then I usually make it into oil.

No one trims wet because it is easier, people trim Wet beacause of Time Restraints. Dry trim is readily avail to go to market, has to dry first to before you can trim already cured and you can drop when you need to. You have to have some great planning to do it wet beacause it is obviously not how nature intended it.

Everyone trims wet because it's easier. The leaves haven't curled in on the bud yet. Makes it much easier. You should try it. You will never go back. 

I trim as soon as I cut it down. The fan leaves snap right off and everything else is still firm enough that I can get down to the stem and cut the rest of the leaves off at their base.

I've never even considered trimming after it dries. Unless for some reason I am unable to trim while fresh. Then I usually make it into oil.

I used to trim after it was dry because that's how I thought you were supposed to do it.

Then SFC showed me a better way. So I've been doing it that way ever since. 

If I wouldn't have been open minded then I would still be trimmin' dry. 

I wet trim most of the leaves when I hang them, it helps the budds dry faster, I do a final trim when the budds are dry enough to put in a paper bag or box and news paper for a night or two, after that I put them in jars and start curing!

It is so much easier to trim wet!