M.a.c.c. And Cannabis Patients United More Active Than Mmma?

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but whenever i read something that involves our state govt having "discussions" with mmj advocacy groups, the MMMA is rarely mentioned. usually if it is mentioned it is just some quote that a reporter took from the site. No one is taking us seriously imo.

it seems that that lobbyist (what was her name again?) that was going around to all the compassion clubs last year may have helped other organizations take over the "negotiations" that are beginning to take place in lansing.

somethin is just not right.

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v11/n056/a01.html?1101

has the MMMA lost it's clout? did it ever have any? not trying to insult anyone i just see something happening here that is of great concern to me.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest finallyfree09

Well bob, I want nothing more than to go to rallies and whatnot. I have since I went thru dare classes in 1985. Saw thru the lies then and I was only 12.

My problem is $ and ability to get away. Heck, I haven't made a mtg in.... Well... Somebody from clare cc could tell u its been forever!

I am just curious y, whenever I read a story like this, the CPU and MACC are always "negotiating" or "working" with these legislators while the mmma is always holding rallies and speaking at township mtgs.

What's better? Imo, working WITH the legislators has given cpu and macc an edge over the mmma. The mmma seems to be falling to the wayside in this whole thing.

Just concerned is all. Blueberry commented to me in another thread that too many protests and rallies mite make us look bad. Has it already happened?

I can not speak for the MMMA or any of the other groups. I have been reading the active posts here daily for the last six months. My observation would be that the MMMA is focused on providing its members with up to the minute news relevant to MM issues in Michigan and then encouraging them to take individual actions, i.e. protests, letter writing, mass attendance at critical court cases, city meetings, legislative hearings, etc. The other groups seem to favor lobbying and litigious solutions to MM issues.

Is one more effective than the other? Hard to say. Personally I think each has its place in bringing as many people and dollars to protect and expand the protections that the Act provides to medical marijuana patients.

i understand how you feel the MMMA is only as strong as it's members we have to stand up for are selfs we/the MMMA is having a Rally this spring lets all go and that may help IMO

Bob is there a firm date for this we can reference everytime this ralley is brought up with permits filed for so patients and supportive friends can plan ahead to forgo other commitments . One of the main reasons ( besides illness and disabillity ) turn outs are low is the lack of comprehended orginization , planning and widespread communication of dates and times with adequate lead times in terms of months for attendee's .

I also am dismayed we can't seem to accept we all have different veiws and have one orginization everyone can come together within and discuss them being accepted for their arguement in democracy . This seems to be a problem in every State where change has occured and is being fought for the participants fragment and do not work together .

"As contentious and frustrating and messy as our democracy can sometimes be, I know there isn't a person here who would trade places with any other nation on Earth." President Obama

Edited by Croppled1

The way I remember it, 3MA wanted to work with those groups but they went ahead without us. It's not for lack of effort. BB knows more about this and can explain better. He's mentioned this issue many times in other threads. Eventually he'll find this one and explain it again, I'm sure. One thing I do recall clearly is he did say too many protests would do more harm than good, encouraged us to do other actions, like write letters and attend court hearings. The last thing I recall reading is that macc and asa betrayed us. From memory I seem to recall another thread involving cpu, and quite a debate about why they won't work with us. This is all so sad, we need the strength of numbers. In every activist group I've seen this happen, groups forming who disagree with the main group, splitting off and going their own way. I've seen it in the disabled community, the peace and justice movement, environmentalists, and many others. It'd be so much better if we could all work together- UNITED.

Sb

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but whenever i read something that involves our state govt having "discussions" with mmj advocacy groups, the MMMA is rarely mentioned. usually if it is mentioned it is just some quote that a reporter took from the site. No one is taking us seriously imo.

it seems that that lobbyist (what was her name again?) that was going around to all the compassion clubs last year may have helped other organizations take over the "negotiations" that are beginning to take place in lansing.

somethin is just not right.

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v11/n056/a01.html?1101

has the MMMA lost it's clout? did it ever have any? not trying to insult anyone i just see something happening here that is of great concern to me.

Mary L was told by the State Police agents and Representative Meadows that mmma was basically black listed because they felt the last couple of encounters had been very unprofessionable and that there was no reasoning with the mmma. That was around the end of May last year.

Yes mmma had clout in the beginning but Lansing was starving to talk to anyone representing us that wouldn't shout them down by the point CPU got ahold of them. It was thought that if CPU did a good job that was all that mattered, and I for one felt it would help us all until I realized I couldn't even trust Beck. The guy who bankrolled a great deal of our MMMP law was agrguing for ALL felons to be barred from caregiving - Not just drug related ones, and other concessions to get Compassion Clubs and Dispensaries regulated. One of the ideas they (Beck and his insurance buddy from Oakland County whom I guess must remain unnamed), first put forth to alert me that all was not as it seemed, was to certify Caregivers by CPU to meet a set of standards above and beyond the MMMAct. When the one who had chronic powdery mildew decided to wrote a draft of new and improved rules for caregivers I almost puked; then I ripped him a new one. After that it all went downhill :-)

To be honest there was almost always a little tension in the org because 3 of 5 board members were for dispensaries they owned and operated or wished to and yet the org was supposed to not take a position on dispensaries. Seemed like it would work until we found out the lobbyist was working for dispensaries and Compassion Centers which are basically 'Marijuana Bars' for members. Then the Ypsi crew was invited into CPU; I left for reasons stated earlier, and some months later macc appeared.

I know it sucks to say anything bad about Beck after all he did to get this law and everything; but these are the facts I know. How many of you have a felony? Or a relative who has a felony? When told that some people depended upon a convicted felon for sustinance and it would not be fair to add more restrictions to patients abilty to get a caregiver he replied that the felons were "dirt". There but for the grace of God goes he without a felony possession beef. That pissed me off. When he actually sold us out to Meadows and Jones it enraged me. He told me to 'Bring it on', thinking I was threatening him. I told him he didn't have to worry about me snitching; but when it came out it was going to be devastating to CPU and it's people. I am now merely confirming what Joe wrote last night because now is the right time to do it.

The new reorganized CPU may very be a good thing; I don't know as I don't belong with them or socialize with them.

I hope this helps whom ever going forward to navigate the waters.

Mary L was told by the State Police agents and Representative Meadows that mmma was basically black listed because they felt the last couple of encounters had been very unprofessionable and that there was no reasoning with the mmma. That was around the end of May last year.

Yes mmma had clout in the beginning but Lansing was starving to talk to anyone representing us that wouldn't shout them down by the point CPU got ahold of them. It was thought that if CPU did a good job that was all that mattered, and I for one felt it would help us all until I realized I couldn't even trust Beck. The guy who bankrolled a great deal of our MMMP law was agrguing for ALL felons to be barred from caregiving - Not just drug related ones, and other concessions to get Compassion Clubs and Dispensaries regulated. One of the ideas they (Beck and his insurance buddy from Oakland County whom I guess must remain unnamed), first put forth to alert me that all was not as it seemed, was to certify Caregivers by CPU to meet a set of standards above and beyond the MMMAct. When the one who had chronic powdery mildew decided to wrote a draft of new and improved rules for caregivers I almost puked; then I ripped him a new one. After that it all went downhill :-)

To be honest there was almost always a little tension in the org because 3 of 5 board members were for dispensaries they owned and operated or wished to and yet the org was supposed to not take a position on dispensaries. Seemed like it would work until we found out the lobbyist was working for dispensaries and Compassion Centers which are basically 'Marijuana Bars' for members. Then the Ypsi crew was invited into CPU; I left for reasons stated earlier, and some months later macc appeared.

I know it sucks to say anything bad about Beck after all he did to get this law and everything; but these are the facts I know. How many of you have a felony? Or a relative who has a felony? When told that some people depended upon a convicted felon for sustinance and it would not be fair to add more restrictions to patients abilty to get a caregiver he replied that the felons were "dirt". There but for the grace of God goes he without a felony possession beef. That pissed me off. When he actually sold us out to Meadows and Jones it enraged me. He told me to 'Bring it on', thinking I was threatening him. I told him he didn't have to worry about me snitching; but when it came out it was going to be devastating to CPU and it's people. I am now merely confirming what Joe wrote last night because now is the right time to do it.

The new reorganized CPU may very be a good thing; I don't know as I don't belong with them or socialize with them.

I hope this helps whom ever going forward to navigate the waters.

Thanks for your post i guess we will just let this all play out and hope for the best i know if i had spent a lot of money for lights and a room

and now the caregivers will be outed and will lose a lot of money

some think their going to make a lot of $$ but they can get Raided

Hello MMMA members,

I would like to comment about Daytrippers post. I can say it is about as factual as Sarah Palin claiming that Sputnik caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.

This is 100% strictly from my opinion view of what Daytripper posted. By and in no way is this a comment from CPU.

After the departure of Greg Francisco from 3MA, there was a montage of various people that stated they were representing 3MA that did not represent 3MA very well. Instead of calmly stating their views and opinions in a strictly professional manner, they came with outrage and excessive standing for their own opinions. These conversations would have been considered offensive by any common person. Noone likes to be spoken to in such a manner, so it should come as no surprise that many people no longer care to be approached by people claiming they represent 3MA. It was unfortunate, but it is something that can be reconciled by lifting up proper representatives for 3MA. I am sure yourselves, as members of 3MA, can pull yourselves together and better represent your interests in a more calm, poignant and professional manner.

Concerning all felons being banned. This is a completely WRONG view. We were notified that one of the Republican representatives was planning to introduce legislation that would ban all felons from being caregivers instead of only drug related felonies. It was introduced some 7-8 months ago and doesnt even exist anymore. This information was all over these forums and every other forum and listserv in the state related to medical cannabis, and between everyones efforts, this bill went straight to the circular file. Tim Beck OPPOSED this bill and we worked together to make sure it didnt see the light of day, which it did not.

Concerning Caregiver Code of Conduct. A discussion took place about helping to protect patients from unsavory caregivers by forming a group that would hold caregivers to a high standard. If you read the CPU brochure, you will find this horrible terrifying information that Daytripper is referring to. Please respond if you disagree with any point.

Standards of Practice

Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will make every effort to comply with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Scope of Service

Caregivers may assist patients in finding the most effective strains and forms of medical marijuana products. Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will charge a fair market value for their services to their clients. Caregivers who are able may provide transportation of medical marijuana for patients, if requested. Caregivers will make every effort to provide a consistent supply of medical marijuana.

Caregiver Code of Conduct

Caregivers should develop an expertise in cultivation. Caregivers should develop trusted relationships with their patients. Care will be given to cultivation and product storage quality control. Caregivers will protect patient confidentiality and privacy.

A Code of Ethics for All

Discrimination, corruption, exploitation or extortion will not be tolerated. We agree to have honest and open communication with their patients, caregivers, clients, vendors, and other professionals. We agree to protect the integrity of the medication during cultivation and processing and transfer.

A terrifying proposal right? Time to run for the hills and barricade yourself in your basement because of those opinions on Caregiver Conduct. Oh the humanity!

But seriously, you can see that Daytrippers reaction to puke is rather absurd and he needs to re-analyze himself and actually inform himself. That was directly from the CPU brochure and i would beckon to say it is about as harmless and common sense oriented as it gets.

The CPU board had 5 patients on it. ONE whom was associated with "dispensaries". During the time this person was a member of CPU, they did nothing but bend over backwards to help promote the cause of patients in the state while acting as a CPU member. Financially, morally and tacticly this person was a true asset to the community and was simply doing the "good work" that has always needed to be done. They have since moved on to form their own organization and i wish them the best in promoting their views and not infringing on the MMMAct.

These type of outrage letters and posts as posted by daytripper and endless others that are filled with half truths, hate and attempts to aggrandize themselves, serve no purpose in promoting the welfare of patients and educating the public on the strength of the MMMAct. You will probably find more factually true statements within the pages of the National Enquirer and the Fortean Times. It is truly sad that intelligient people have to lower themselves this way when they are lacking the hard truths. You would think that people have so much REAL work to do in this movement to help protect Patients and Caregivers, that they wouldn't have the time to engage in this "Forum Outrage" which has been the Achille's Heel of this organization for a long time.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for who to act all high and mighty on, i would suggest actually calling a representative, a councilman, your local Sheriff, a prosecutor, a friend or a stranger and CALMLY and PROFESSIONALLY expressing your concerns and views as they pertain to this law. You would be amazed at how well CIVILITY works. Spreading Half Truths, propaganda and ridiculous rumours does nothing but harm the movement. They harm our cause more intensely than even the few half-truths you(daytripper) found to be disgusting.

There are real issues that need to be dealt with. We have real opponents that we have to worry about. This is just a sad representation of our community. These type of threads have and are currently being read by Sheriffs, Police, Prosecutors, Legislators and councilman across the state. They are laughing at you. Seriously. Laughing at all of our incompetence. It is downright pitiful. If you don;t pull yourselves up out of the dregs of unprofessionalism and start representing and presenting yourselves as competent, intelligient people; You may as well just give up. This is hurting our cause too much to see stuff like this floating around. I am asking people to be part of something than is better than themselves. Strive for better. Conduct yourselves better. Be the place for compassion,.... not this.

Thanks.

Malamute

I want to go to Lansing and fight for patient rights. I could give a rip about what the dispensaries do at this point. I'm happy as long as my rights are not trampled on for the all mighty dollar.

We have to let the legislators know that the MACC represents dispensaries interest while the MMMA represents patients interest. We have to show that even though they have the money we have the numbers.

BB makes a great point about who our legislators would want the press to know they were negotiating with. A suspected criminal or a patient advocacy group?

Hello MMMA members,

I would like to comment about Daytrippers post. I can say it is about as factual as Sarah Palin claiming that Sputnik caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.

This is 100% strictly from my opinion view of what Daytripper posted. By and in no way is this a comment from CPU.

After the departure of Greg Francisco from 3MA, there was a montage of various people that stated they were representing 3MA that did not represent 3MA very well. Instead of calmly stating their views and opinions in a strictly professional manner, they came with outrage and excessive standing for their own opinions. These conversations would have been considered offensive by any common person. Noone likes to be spoken to in such a manner, so it should come as no surprise that many people no longer care to be approached by people claiming they represent 3MA. It was unfortunate, but it is something that can be reconciled by lifting up proper representatives for 3MA. I am sure yourselves, as members of 3MA, can pull yourselves together and better represent your interests in a more calm, poignant and professional manner.

Concerning all felons being banned. This is a completely WRONG view. We were notified that one of the Republican representatives was planning to introduce legislation that would ban all felons from being caregivers instead of only drug related felonies. It was introduced some 7-8 months ago and doesnt even exist anymore. This information was all over these forums and every other forum and listserv in the state related to medical cannabis, and between everyones efforts, this bill went straight to the circular file. Tim Beck OPPOSED this bill and we worked together to make sure it didnt see the light of day, which it did not.

Concerning Caregiver Code of Conduct. A discussion took place about helping to protect patients from unsavory caregivers by forming a group that would hold caregivers to a high standard. If you read the CPU brochure, you will find this horrible terrifying information that Daytripper is referring to. Please respond if you disagree with any point.

Standards of Practice

Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will make every effort to comply with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Scope of Service

Caregivers may assist patients in finding the most effective strains and forms of medical marijuana products. Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will charge a fair market value for their services to their clients. Caregivers who are able may provide transportation of medical marijuana for patients, if requested. Caregivers will make every effort to provide a consistent supply of medical marijuana.

Caregivers should develop an expertise in cultivation. Caregivers should develop trusted relationships with their patients. Care will be given to cultivation and product storage quality control. Caregivers will protect patient confidentiality and privacy.

A Code of Ethics for All

Discrimination, corruption, exploitation or extortion will not be tolerated. We agree to have honest and open communication with their patients, caregivers, clients, vendors, and other professionals. We agree to protect the integrity of the medication during cultivation and processing and transfer.

A terrifying proposal right? Time to run for the hills and barricade yourself in your basement because of those opinions on Caregiver Conduct. Oh the humanity!

But seriously, you can see that Daytrippers reaction to puke is rather absurd and he needs to re-analyze himself and actually inform himself. That was directly from the CPU brochure and i would beckon to say it is about as harmless and common sense oriented as it gets.

The CPU board had 5 patients on it. ONE whom was associated with "dispensaries". During the time this person was a member of CPU, they did nothing but bend over backwards to help promote the cause of patients in the state while acting as a CPU member. Financially, morally and tacticly this person was a true asset to the community and was simply doing the "good work" that has always needed to be done. They have since moved on to form their own organization and i wish them the best in promoting their views and not infringing on the MMMAct.

These type of outrage letters and posts as posted by daytripper and endless others that are filled with half truths, hate and attempts to aggrandize themselves, serve no purpose in promoting the welfare of patients and educating the public on the strength of the MMMAct. You will probably find more factually true statements within the pages of the National Enquirer and the Fortean Times. It is truly sad that intelligient people have to lower themselves this way when they are lacking the hard truths. You would think that people have so much REAL work to do in this movement to help protect Patients and Caregivers, that they wouldn't have the time to engage in this "Forum Outrage" which has been the Achille's Heel of this organization for a long time.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for who to act all high and mighty on, i would suggest actually calling a representative, a councilman, your local Sheriff, a prosecutor, a friend or a stranger and CALMLY and PROFESSIONALLY expressing your concerns and views as they pertain to this law. You would be amazed at how well CIVILITY works. Spreading Half Truths, propaganda and ridiculous rumours does nothing but harm the movement. They harm our cause more intensely than even the few half-truths you(daytripper) found to be disgusting.

There are real issues that need to be dealt with. We have real opponents that we have to worry about. This is just a sad representation of our community. These type of threads have and are currently being read by Sheriffs, Police, Prosecutors, Legislators and councilman across the state. They are laughing at you. Seriously. Laughing at all of our incompetence. It is downright pitiful. If you don;t pull yourselves up out of the dregs of unprofessionalism and start representing and presenting yourselves as competent, intelligient people; You may as well just give up. This is hurting our cause too much to see stuff like this floating around. I am asking people to be part of something than is better than themselves. Strive for better. Conduct yourselves better. Be the place for compassion,.... not this.

Thanks.

Malamute

Thanks for the post i no some one from CPU and he has always supported us from the start thanks Dave

I want to go to Lansing and fight for patient rights. I could give a rip about what the dispensaries do at this point. I'm happy as long as my rights are not trampled on for the all mighty dollar.

We have to let the legislators know that the MACC represents dispensaries interest while the MMMA represents patients interest. We have to show that even though they have the money we have the numbers.

BB makes a great point about who our legislators would want the press to know they were negotiating with. A suspected criminal or a patient advocacy group?

i feel the same way as long as the Law stays the same i dont care what they do

The way I see things, CPU does represent us!

The principles are what we are all saying here.

We don't want the law to change......neither do they.

The reason CPU was started was because there was NO ONE representing us "little" people!

We needed our voice to be heard.

Things were falling apart here, we ALL know it. (things are pretty stable around here though now)

Lots of things were happening around the state, and we knew nothing of it!

A group got together and decided to find someone in Lansing to let others in Lansing know..."We do NOT want the law messed with!"

The group is called Cannabis Patients United.

I think the name says it all...........

Hello MMMA members,

Standards of Practice

Scope of Service

A Code of Ethics for All

Thanks.

Malamute

I'm really sick of you attacking my character every time I say something you don't want to hear; but I won't respond in kind.

I was not attacking you or your org - I was merely clarifying what BB said about MACC and Beck. I was speaking of the meeting where CPU met with Meadows the day the bill was drafted. I was speaking of the real standards your friend wrote then - not whatever that current document is. I was speaking of Tim Becks written correspondance on the felon matter the day before that meeting. And I was speaking of your breach of confindence from all the other Board Members when you left the list serv open and created a secret area on your wevsite to discuss it; even after TheD was told it was shut down. I asked to be dismissed from that club.

I don't know what you are doing now or who you are working with, and I truly don't hold a grudge or a need to agrandize myself at your expense; but you will learn that the only way to play this game with me is not to play if you insist on continuing.

BlueBerry is correct - this community needs to come together to protect the current law and quit supporting those trying to get rich off of sick people.

I agree with 420Athiest 100%

Mizerman

I think what your asking if we should have screwed you? There is a proper place and time for everything. Should the MMMA have entered the talks in Lansing? No and history has proven that decision correct. You don't negotiate legislative solutions with Law Enforcement. What came of the talks? The information gathered is now being used against us. We're going to be hammered when the talks begin. Law enforcement was told that our law was flawed. Which mean Jones knows he has collaborators in our ranks. Tim Beck is falling all over himself to get in talks with Jones and has publicly stated that he is going to sail you down the river. To even suggest that we should jump in bed with these folks and give them credibility is like asking me to stab you in the back. They are going to betray you to insure that they can operate dispensaries. It would have been much easier to put a price tag on the deal, sold you out, and never have to worry about paying the bills again. But that isn't the way we roll. We're the honest guys. It's tough always playing by the rules, but that's what we do, every time!

I could pull up the numerous post that I made starting in Sept. telling you, you were going to get screwed, but that would just be rehashing history. It's all out here folks. I got blasted for telling you to stay away from these folks.

I asked you folks to get involved. Write letters! Make Phone Calls. I asked you to pay membership dues. Not many people paid dues or donated. The MACC charges members $1000 to sign up and $300 a month to play. They have millions to play with. They're using all their money to destroy this law. How many times have I said it. We'll do our job, but you need to do yours. If you will just do what i asked you to do, then we will have the leverage to win. If you wait for me to do it, we're going to get our butts handed to us.

I called for unity a week ago. My mods can pull up the post. I also said that if anyone used this time of turmoil to their advantage, I would run them out of business. Well that is another thing that's up to you. You can go to their dispensaries and spend your money. They will then take that money and use it against you. Do you really think they're going to have a lot of clout when the real negotiations begin? Their two biggest players have been raided and are under investigation. Do you think Rick Jones wants headline that read, "Jones negotiates with criminals"?

The coming war will not be won by the MMMA, but will be won by you. I am just another person. If you guys want to roll over and let the rich guys have your law, that's what we'll do. If you want to stand and fight with me, then I'll fight.

As far as being unprofessional. I asked if there was a contingency plan if the negotiations went sideways. First nobody sitting at the table new what a contingency plan was. Secondly they didn't have one and still don't. If they had of been professional and actually planned for failure, we wouldn't be where we are today. I have 35 years business experience. The first thing I always plan for is failure. If you fall on your face the world doesn't stop turning.

The ball is in your court folks. Let me now what you want to do. The MMMA has done and will continue to do it's job. Thanks, Bb

Thanks for clarifying all of that. I had no f'ing idea. Now I know the facts!

Mizerman

OK all, the damage has been done. I've been here since April and have seen may messages from many viewpoints and have gotten to know some of you a little. We know what we need to do, right? Can someone please answer some questions for me so I an get all this straight?

Can this organization pull itself back up and regain its good standing? How possible is it? OK, we don't have a PR person, we may never be able to pay for one, so we gotta work with what we have. I don't want us to lose our rights. BB saw all this coming. I wish I had his business sense. My communication skills are pretty good, I have the time but my limitations prevent me from being where the action is. If I could, I'd go to meetings and other events. Although I'm not a smooth talker, I speak from my heart, while also trying to see all sides of a situation and find some kind of compromise. It hurts to think I may be on a sinking ship, so I wanna know if we can get floating again and how we can do it within our limited resources because I know time is running out. I'm willing to write letters, at least I can do something, whatever happens. Our law is about compassion and I want to keep it that way. If it changes, it'll hurt a lot of people, who will either give up, leave the state if there's one with a law that works like ours is supposed to, though they might stay and try to manage. I'm feeling overwhelmed again and I don't know what to do but find the info on where to send the letters to and to whom. I'm tired of moving from one bad situation to the next. We have a much bigger enemy than each other. I don't wanna lose another thing I care about, I've lost too much already.

So, can we heal this, make it stronger, regain our footing, work together, have our voice be heard and be taken seriously, and be part of a team? Is it too late for us? I hope not.

Sincerely, Sb

Guest finallyfree09

Boy I feel kinda bad. Didn't intend to start all this. Sb... I agree. As for now I think I should just sit back and stop typing.

Sorry bout this. I was just curious about what I see going on.

Why do we have to wait for spring to protest or rally in Lansing. I know its cold! This winter has been hard on me and all of us but not as hard as the attacks on patients and our law.

You know they waited until winter to start attacking us thinking we won't come out and stand up to them because its cold well winter offenses historically have failed.

Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.

- Mason Cooley

Boy I feel kinda bad. Didn't intend to start all this. Sb... I agree. As for now I think I should just sit back and stop typing.

Sorry bout this. I was just curious about what I see going on.

don't worry it's not you

i read your post all the time you do good here keep up the good work and thanks for letting us know whats going on

I have an idea and it may be realistic. I'll see if it'd be possible, will ask BB privately, if it's ok, I'll put it here. I have fundraising ideas, some are in my chit-chat lounge, though they were mentioned before by others. While we wait the winter out, we can be working on these projects. We can pull the whole community together, I can see it happening, I can feel it, something wonderful has just come over me, a bit of hope, not something I feel often anymore... please give this an chance. I know how scary all this is, but we can't let it hold us down. In another time, we would've all been gathering by the thousands. I'm not jumping ship and hope I never have to.

Sincerely, Sb

Edward, You have to make sure that you maximize your chances for success. We have intelligence from Jones own mouth. He is going to start moving against us this summer. If we make a weak showing(less than several hundred), we just make him stronger. If we build an army of thousands, we will win a decisive victory. We will be dealing from a position of power. In the end our objective is to preserve our law. We do that by showing strength. That being said. The time to organize is now. We need commitments from our own ranks to work to build this army. Ask your Compassion Club leader, what they will be doing the 25th of May. Inform them of the March and light a fire under their butts. It's time to prepare the army before the battle. Thanks, Bb

OK this might be asking for a lot.

Could someone with good computer skills get a draft flyer made up for the may 25th march in Lansing?

I can print them out and pass them out at the local C.C and to all the people I know that support the movement!

I think if we all do a little it would have a big impact

I have some experience with fundraisers, I may be willing to help and contribute to your ideas SB!! (depending on what that idea is :))

I do have a few questions about the monetary aspect for someone in the "know". I wonder if there is a record keeping process of how monies are spent. Is there a treasurer that keeps track of these things? I know there are many things the MMMA needs money for. That has been made clear and is understandable in any "business operation". Do paying members and members donating have any say in how the money is delegated? Is the money just turned over to a general fund that is delegated how someone in administration see's fit. Who has the authority and access to these funds?

By no means, am I trying to spark fire. Not at all. I have seen some of the work of the MMMA and know these processes didn't happen without financial means.

I have seen many issues arise in organizations that bring these questions to mind. If I am going to attempt to raise funds or donate money to a cause, these are typical questions I would want answered. Perhaps many would be more willing to donate or assist in raising funds, if these things are known.