M.a.c.c. And Cannabis Patients United More Active Than Mmma?

Guest finallyfree09

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BobnTory, that is why i used only my common forum name. No need giving them a map to my door. This perticular name is used ALOT (thank you south park) but im still likely one of the only michiganders using it on many/any forums.

Its shamefull to think patients are being singled out, and their own general information is used against them.

MedCare- first i ll say, impo, this is an acceptable name, Does not conjour thoughts of druggies in back allies, or robbing homes and people to support their illicit habbit/addictions. Even if they do have a MMMA card.

I must say though, I think if the moderators were to look at the number of vistors to the site via I.P. address, they will note that MANY more than just a few new IPs will pop up on a daily basis, let alone a monthly basis. You can then take those IP addresses, and do a reverse IP lookiup, and find out who the owner/leasee of said ips are, where they are located and how many different and new IPs are visiting the site.

This will give the Admistration an idea of how many NON members are visiting and reading. THESE will be those looking for informaton, annonomously, to determine if the MMMA of 08, was the "RIGHT" or "WRONG" thing to do for Michigan and its Citizens.

This info then can be used to understand the demographic of the visitors, which can initally help the admins make the site more accepting to MR and MRS John Q Pubic. The long run effect of doing this, will then entice even non card citizens, to join in a cause they believe in, and can, in their minds and concience, feel Proud to Support and be affiliated with. No one wants to be affiliated with Way to the Left thinking, unless ofcourse, they are already beyond the typical left thinkers. And to take this one step farther, The site can then be used as a benchmark to other states, considering a MMA in their own state, and help outline why MMJ has been GOOD for our State, our Citizens, and ESPECIALLY Our Patients.

Fact is, the MMMA of 08, was voted on by as many non marihuana users than actual marihuana users. And likely more. ALOT MORE if one realy looks at, and diegests the numbers.

I dont know the Populus of Mighigan as a whole, but I want to say their are, in a best guesstimate, 10 million residents in Michigan. 68% passage, means 6.8 million voters, voted to pass the MMMA of '08. Considering, according to the State of Michigan source as of Feb 4, 2011, 70,000 applicants have appied for a MMMA card. that leave 6.73 MILLION residents that voted for passage of MMMA '08 law. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE that are needed to be retained to continue to keep this law on the Michigan Law books. This just is not my opinion, but simply the numbers involved.

So, as one can clearly see, We are not alone. BUT we very well could be if the rest of the populas feels they had a fast one pulled over their eyes. This is but one of my many concerns.

Perception is 9/10s of formed opinion. The more foolish one percieves something, the less one is willing to support, or Continue to support, a specific cause.

I have always looked a the BIG Picture, regardless of what or who I am dealing with.

So when I joined, This was one of the first things that struck me.

As I noted above, my first Thought when it came to a name, was to use something along the lines of a cute "pot initated" name. But common sence told me this will cast a negative light on my charecter, thus my ability to articulate my Honest opinions and concerns and beliefs, to the State, and its Citizens at large. And finially my ability to be taken seriously in most any form of discussion or debate.

My intention, as noted, is not, and was not to offend. Never was, never will be. But when looking at the Big Picture, one must NOT look thru rose colored glasses. Not when the possible outcomes is to lose a fight we all (all 6.8million citizens) worked so hard to win in the first place.

IMPO, to anyone that takes any Serious Offense to my suggestion, I feel they wont change their name ever, unless it ment it will personaly effect their viability to possess and use MMJ. To these people I say, PLEASE, take a bit of time to reflect on what I am referring to. Think of it this way. If you were on a Forum for our Michigan teachers, and you came across a member of said forum with the name of say..... Education doesnt work, I can all but gaurentee you, yourself, will not put much credence or faith in that persons ability to convey and reflect your views and desires for the Michigan Educational Community. Which likely you are a part of via Children or Grandchildren ect....

To others here on the forum that dont take offense to my post, I believe they can understand my reasoning for asking for this ability on the forum.

To be respected, One must be Respectable. That is up to each member to do. it only takes one bad apple to spoil a bushell as we are all to well aware of. And IMPO, this bushell of apples is Far to important, to let slip thru our grasp. Especially now as we have PASSED the MMMA of 08. Now focus MUST be on KEEPING MMMA 08 on the Law Books of our Great State of Michigan.

Edited by Timmahh

I think what your asking if we should have screwed you? There is a proper place and time for everything. Should the MMMA have entered the talks in Lansing? No and history has proven that decision correct. You don't negotiate legislative solutions with Law Enforcement. What came of the talks? The information gathered is now being used against us. We're going to be hammered when the talks begin. Law enforcement was told that our law was flawed. Which mean Jones knows he has collaborators in our ranks. Tim Beck is falling all over himself to get in talks with Jones and has publicly stated that he is going to sail you down the river. To even suggest that we should jump in bed with these folks and give them credibility is like asking me to stab you in the back. They are going to betray you to insure that they can operate dispensaries. It would have been much easier to put a price tag on the deal, sold you out, and never have to worry about paying the bills again. But that isn't the way we roll. We're the honest guys. It's tough always playing by the rules, but that's what we do, every time!

I could pull up the numerous post that I made starting in Sept. telling you, you were going to get screwed, but that would just be rehashing history. It's all out here folks. I got blasted for telling you to stay away from these folks.

I asked you folks to get involved. Write letters! Make Phone Calls. I asked you to pay membership dues. Not many people paid dues or donated. The MACC charges members $1000 to sign up and $300 a month to play. They have millions to play with. They're using all their money to destroy this law. How many times have I said it. We'll do our job, but you need to do yours. If you will just do what i asked you to do, then we will have the leverage to win. If you wait for me to do it, we're going to get our butts handed to us.

I called for unity a week ago. My mods can pull up the post. I also said that if anyone used this time of turmoil to their advantage, I would run them out of business. Well that is another thing that's up to you. You can go to their dispensaries and spend your money. They will then take that money and use it against you. Do you really think they're going to have a lot of clout when the real negotiations begin? Their two biggest players have been raided and are under investigation. Do you think Rick Jones wants headline that read, "Jones negotiates with criminals"?

The coming war will not be won by the MMMA, but will be won by you. I am just another person. If you guys want to roll over and let the rich guys have your law, that's what we'll do. If you want to stand and fight with me, then I'll fight.

As far as being unprofessional. I asked if there was a contingency plan if the negotiations went sideways. First nobody sitting at the table new what a contingency plan was. Secondly they didn't have one and still don't. If they had of been professional and actually planned for failure, we wouldn't be where we are today. I have 35 years business experience. The first thing I always plan for is failure. If you fall on your face the world doesn't stop turning.

The ball is in your court folks. Let me now what you want to do. The MMMA has done and will continue to do it's job. Thanks, Bb

MONET TALKS BS WALKS...!! Thats why I donate my kibbles n bits to about 5 organizations including this one every month.! With as many members as this site has I think more need to toss in 5 or 10 bucks a month. I know times are tough for lots of people but spare a pack of cigarettes or dining out or a 6 pack of beer for those that drink or stay in and watcha movie instead of going to the movie theatre and support organizations that TRULY support PATIENTS. I am not rich by any means but I donate what I can when all my bills get paid I toss in a few pesos.

Come on lets have a MONEY BOMB..<<<they did it in Cali for Prop 215 this last year I know I donated twice for the legalization.

A MONEY BOMB day is where they set a target and have like a Jerry's kids style fund raiser to get a certain amount.

• 1 year later...

Mary L was told by the State Police agents and Representative Meadows that mmma was basically black listed because they felt the last couple of encounters had been very unprofessionable and that there was no reasoning with the mmma. That was around the end of May last year.

Yes mmma had clout in the beginning but Lansing was starving to talk to anyone representing us that wouldn't shout them down by the point CPU got ahold of them. It was thought that if CPU did a good job that was all that mattered, and I for one felt it would help us all until I realized I couldn't even trust Beck. The guy who bankrolled a great deal of our MMMP law was agrguing for ALL felons to be barred from caregiving - Not just drug related ones, and other concessions to get Compassion Clubs and Dispensaries regulated. One of the ideas they (Beck and his insurance buddy from Oakland County whom I guess must remain unnamed),..(Timothy Sawyer Knowlton) first put forth to alert me that all was not as it seemed, was to certify Caregivers by CPU to meet a set of standards above and beyond the MMMAct. When the one who had chronic powdery mildew decided to wrote a draft of new and improved rules for caregivers I almost puked; then I ripped him a new one. After that it all went downhill :-)

To be honest there was almost always a little tension in the org because 3 of 5 board members were for dispensaries they owned and operated or wished to and yet the org was supposed to not take a position on dispensaries. Seemed like it would work until we found out the lobbyist was working for dispensaries and Compassion Centers which are basically 'Marijuana Bars' for members. Then the Ypsi crew was invited into CPU; I left for reasons stated earlier, and some months later macc appeared.

I know it sucks to say anything bad about Beck after all he did to get this law and everything; but these are the facts I know. How many of you have a felony? Or a relative who has a felony? When told that some people depended upon a convicted felon for sustinance and it would not be fair to add more restrictions to patients abilty to get a caregiver he replied that the felons were "dirt". There but for the grace of God goes he without a felony possession beef. That pissed me off. When he actually sold us out to Meadows and Jones it enraged me. He told me to 'Bring it on', thinking I was threatening him. I told him he didn't have to worry about me snitching; but when it came out it was going to be devastating to CPU and it's people. I am now merely confirming what Joe wrote last night because now is the right time to do it.

The new reorganized CPU may very be a good thing; I don't know as I don't belong with them or socialize with them.

I hope this helps whom ever going forward to navigate the waters.

these old posts definately deserve more attention....read carefully

Hello MMMA members,

I would like to comment about Daytrippers post. I can say it is about as factual as Sarah Palin claiming that Sputnik caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.

This is 100% strictly from my opinion view of what Daytripper posted. By and in no way is this a comment from CPU.

After the departure of Greg Francisco from 3MA, there was a montage of various people that stated they were representing 3MA that did not represent 3MA very well. Instead of calmly stating their views and opinions in a strictly professional manner, they came with outrage and excessive standing for their own opinions. These conversations would have been considered offensive by any common person. Noone likes to be spoken to in such a manner, so it should come as no surprise that many people no longer care to be approached by people claiming they represent 3MA. It was unfortunate, but it is something that can be reconciled by lifting up proper representatives for 3MA. I am sure yourselves, as members of 3MA, can pull yourselves together and better represent your interests in a more calm, poignant and professional manner.

Concerning all felons being banned. This is a completely WRONG view. We were notified that one of the Republican representatives was planning to introduce legislation that would ban all felons from being caregivers instead of only drug related felonies. It was introduced some 7-8 months ago and doesnt even exist anymore. This information was all over these forums and every other forum and listserv in the state related to medical cannabis, and between everyones efforts, this bill went straight to the circular file. Tim Beck OPPOSED this bill and we worked together to make sure it didnt see the light of day, which it did not.

Concerning Caregiver Code of Conduct. A discussion took place about helping to protect patients from unsavory caregivers by forming a group that would hold caregivers to a high standard. If you read the CPU brochure, you will find this horrible terrifying information that Daytripper is referring to. Please respond if you disagree with any point.

Standards of Practice

Caregivers will make every effort to comply with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Scope of Service

Caregivers may assist patients in finding the most effective strains and forms of medical marijuana products. Caregivers will charge a fair market value for their services to their clients. Caregivers who are able may provide transportation of medical marijuana for patients, if requested. Caregivers will make every effort to provide a consistent supply of medical marijuana.

Caregiver Code of Conduct

Caregivers should develop an expertise in cultivation. Caregivers should develop trusted relationships with their patients. Care will be given to cultivation and product storage quality control. Caregivers will protect patient confidentiality and privacy.

A Code of Ethics for All

Discrimination, corruption, exploitation or extortion will not be tolerated. We agree to have honest and open communication with their patients, caregivers, clients, vendors, and other professionals. We agree to protect the integrity of the medication during cultivation and processing and transfer.

A terrifying proposal right? Time to run for the hills and barricade yourself in your basement because of those opinions on Caregiver Conduct. Oh the humanity!

But seriously, you can see that Daytrippers reaction to puke is rather absurd and he needs to re-analyze himself and actually inform himself. That was directly from the CPU brochure and i would beckon to say it is about as harmless and common sense oriented as it gets.

The CPU board had 5 patients on it. ONE whom was associated with "dispensaries". During the time this person was a member of CPU, they did nothing but bend over backwards to help promote the cause of patients in the state while acting as a CPU member. Financially, morally and tacticly this person was a true asset to the community and was simply doing the "good work" that has always needed to be done. They have since moved on to form their own organization and i wish them the best in promoting their views and not infringing on the MMMAct.

These type of outrage letters and posts as posted by daytripper and endless others that are filled with half truths, hate and attempts to aggrandize themselves, serve no purpose in promoting the welfare of patients and educating the public on the strength of the MMMAct. You will probably find more factually true statements within the pages of the National Enquirer and the Fortean Times. It is truly sad that intelligient people have to lower themselves this way when they are lacking the hard truths. You would think that people have so much REAL work to do in this movement to help protect Patients and Caregivers, that they wouldn't have the time to engage in this "Forum Outrage" which has been the Achille's Heel of this organization for a long time.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for who to act all high and mighty on, i would suggest actually calling a representative, a councilman, your local Sheriff, a prosecutor, a friend or a stranger and CALMLY and PROFESSIONALLY expressing your concerns and views as they pertain to this law. You would be amazed at how well CIVILITY works. Spreading Half Truths, propaganda and ridiculous rumours does nothing but harm the movement. They harm our cause more intensely than even the few half-truths you(daytripper) found to be disgusting.

There are real issues that need to be dealt with. We have real opponents that we have to worry about. This is just a sad representation of our community. These type of threads have and are currently being read by Sheriffs, Police, Prosecutors, Legislators and councilman across the state. They are laughing at you. Seriously. Laughing at all of our incompetence. It is downright pitiful. If you don;t pull yourselves up out of the dregs of unprofessionalism and start representing and presenting yourselves as competent, intelligient people; You may as well just give up. This is hurting our cause too much to see stuff like this floating around. I am asking people to be part of something that is better than themselves. Strive for better. Conduct yourselves better. Be the place for compassion,.... not this.

Thanks.

Malamute

Edited by Malamute

well mal that is nice you got to go back in time and read....as you see though the whole suspicion of CPU and their secret negotiations for stake holders only has always been a contentious point with patients...from the beginning

it is nice you have built an organization that has political clout in Lansing...what is not nice is the way all your members..(stake holders) are trying to steer the collective mindset in the forums...

it is obvious to alot of us patients although some are still ignorant of the facts...the fact that your group is for stakeholders only

could you explain a 1&1/2 later just what the stakeholders have at stake?

is it the negotiations your group has worked on for so long?

what is really at stake?

is it a format being pursued by your members or is it an interpretation of the initiative that supports that format?

would that format benefit patients as a whole or only vetted caregivers only and the small group of stakeholders that have a vested interest in unambiguous compliance? from the legs perspective...does the whole unambiguous compliance rhetoric fall into the designs of a certain group of stakeholders?

these are just questions that still don't ever seem to get answered...if CPU was a transparent group that had an 'unambiguous' agenda that patients could clearly understand I think the contentiousness would diminish and unity could possibly be achieved...but secret groups for stakeholders only always smack of hidden agendas and covert motives....

going back thru these old threads really is enlightening and IMO deserves more scrutiny

for history always repeats itself

a lot of us allready know the faces behind a lot in your group...most of them are lawyers and professionals...that would definately make sense from a stakeholder perspective who and what the stake is....

if I were a stake holding professional and had to defend my work on some sort of negotiations with Legs then unambiguous compliance would completely make sense---I would definately not want patients or their supporters to view the initiative in any other way than complete and unambiguous compliance with the law as my group may have negotiated with the Legs...

it would too completely make sense from a stakeholder perspective to continuosly and unambiguously interpret the initiative the way my stakeholders expect....from a stakeholder view

what does not make sense is when newbie patients come into the forums here looking for answers and the group here steers the patient into an unambiguous compliance corner with no other interpretations as some patients repeatedly try and point out...as the electorate would understand is my reading of the SC ruling....

so I guess we'll have to wait till nov

I believe the Legs have blown smoke up yor keister and the stake you guys are after is going to end up being a hot dog---JMO

but on the other side I do believe the provision centers are going to become a reality after nov---

good work for stakeholders

I also believe the law is more ambiguous than your group would have us believe and the final word is going to come from the top down

I also believe that we as patients have the biggest stake in the whole matter and that is for the courts to interpret the law and ALL it's protections the way we the electorate intended...

we will just have to wait and see

and I do believe being an election year the incumbents are going to take a cautionary path towards these issues until the pulse of the electorate can be determined...the whole mmj issue is a very precarious road for an elected official to travel given the social climate at any given moment...most official Legs response would be none if they thought they would have to deal with the electorate on these issues....they just play the back as they say in chess and tread slowly and cautiously

I think the negotiations your group has lobbied for will probably be met with an amount of success and if it benefits all of us that remains to be seen

I think the SC surprised a lot of people with their ruling and I do believe it set precedence for future rulings...

I think they jerked shuttles choker chain and he is on a shorter leash now

as I have heard though its not how mmj will be integrated into our society...we allready have many states passing initiatives and such....

it's how it's going to be controlled and regulated....that is the bigger picture in this whole argument and I believe patients will come first in the whole rhetorical diatribe being argued over and over

glad to see you still believe in what you posted a year ago....by the way you re-posted your answers from the beginnign...looks like you stand on your original post

this is the point where the whole thing fell apart though isn't it?

as far as unity?

looking forward to the rhetorical diatribes forthcoming---

and anxiously awaiting nov-

peace

what fell apart,, PP you have taken too much ACID your brain is fried

love reading your rebuttals--always make me chuckle!

I think I was directing my post to someone else--

but mr'new or christie or whoever you are..(are you a transvestite as I read someone refer to you as 'he' but then I also take your moniker to be female gender)

you seem to enjoy a high brow approach to most posters as I continuously follow....

the only thing I can deduce from your posts is you must be a stakeholder----??

you seem to delight in trying to make yourself always look good by trying to make others look bad....by your repeated condescending replies to folks here...

.I think you may be an ego maniacal (stakeholder) with an inferiority complex...JMO

now I expect some sort of condescending reply but truly I just skim thru your posts as they are all rhetorical and you always try and support the staus quo here...your just more peanut gallery in the ranks here

but I do read from another thread where you have a 'pack' of lawyers that interpret the law for you and others here and you are only trying to do community service....I think you could do the community a huge service and quit posting your condescending replies to people

as far as acid references I think you should check yourself before you wreck yourself...

to me acid is a sacrament and deserving to only a chosen few that can use the benefits of this kind of medicine

.I am not sure but I believe others in these forums have tried to pull your chain...and I have heard you referred to as a vicious B--ch or Leo by others in these forums thru private corespondence....not my thoughts but you do make me wonder:

A. if your really a B--ch? (or a drag queen)

or

B. If you have Leo connections and are hunting/flushing out patients thru vicious posts

or

C. you are just like I said an ego maniac with an inferiority complex that wants to always

seem right

I find your postings shallow and somewhat of a cheerleader type of nonsense--

and your continuily brow beating some of us to be rather offensive

why don't you find the right medicine for you and get to your 'happyspace' so maybe some of us won't be offended by your condescending replies....(may I suggest Xanax or Valium or maybe some nice Vicodin to ease your pain)

we can just realize you are another sick and struggling patient like the rest of us and we can give you the benefit of the doubt...which is what I would personally like to do in regards to you but you usually leave me feeling otherwise--??

what is your stake in the whole picture?

or are you not at liberty to say as that information is for private stakeholders only?

oh--you are involved in a 'compassion' club!

your compassion shows in your posts--[sic]

more vicious replies...and I was hoping mal would reply to my questions toward stakeholders

and not more of your condescending BS

and what fell apart I think was at this juncture I have pointed out and was curious to more history here as a lot of us are....

is this the juncture where the stakeholders drew the line in the sand and what is at stake?

your repeated references to other sites and folks serve no purpose in the big picture except to fan the flames of hate....

you really seem like you may need some meds mr new...or christie

and my post was to stimulate dialogue on this subject not stir the chit pot

and the name calling you started mr new....notice how I did not come to your level and make a personal attack on your character..??...

I only asked some questions in regards to your behavior?

so who should be banned?

a person trying to ask questions or someone that gets real personal in their attacks..??...(like you)

and if you go back in this thread you will see quiet one asked nicely...no personal attacks

hello SF--

Edited by purple pimpernel

Yea, it took a minute to read thru all of that. PP, we have answered your questions on this very forum dozens of times now. Yet, every week the same questions pop up again. But its funny to me the questions are always laced with negativity. Technically, anyone of us that is a Pt, Cg or Dr involved with this law is a stakeholder. CPU is only, repeat! Only interested in protecting this law. If and when we get to a point where we can seriously have a shot at expanding rights we will be all about that too!

We are not advancing ANY, repeat ANY distribution methods, NONE. The professionals you speak of are for the most part Attorneys, the best cannabis attorneys in the state imo. But CPU also has insurance agents,Doctors, contractors, hydro store owners, compassion club founders and just plain pts and caregivers. If you want to be in CPU petition to join.

more vicious replies...and I was hoping mal would reply to my questions toward stakeholders

and not more of your condescending BS

and what fell apart I think was at this juncture I have pointed out and was curious to more history here as a lot of us are....

is this the juncture where the stakeholders drew the line in the sand and what is at stake?

your repeated references to other sites and folks serve no purpose in the big picture except to fan the flames of hate....

you really seem like you may need some meds mr new...or christie

and my post was to stimulate dialogue on this subject not stir the chit pot

and the name calling you started mr new....notice how I did not come to your level and make a personal attack on your character..??...

I only asked some questions in regards to your behavior?

so who should be banned?

a person trying to ask questions or someone that gets real personal in their attacks..??...(like you)

and if you go back in this thread you will see quiet one asked nicely...no personal attacks

hello SF--

the person that should be banned is the person calling some one a personal slang word for a female pregnant dog!

as i have been banned in the past, now i try like all get up to not call people names, and belive me it is hard to do at times,,,and this is an mm site not big pharmacy site, why would you encourage addictive drugs like xanax and valuim? ever have to be taken off that stuff abrubptly? I dont think so or you wouldnt suggest that to anyone, Ive been there and back, so stick to the mm folks and keep it to your self!

loose lips sink ships!

Peace

Jim

i would wish the mods would just ban people that come here only to cause trouble.. they do nothing to help the community

Then we would just be like the old management team that caused all the problems.

Better to show why they are wrong in public.

thank you and I feel flattered that you would even consider me for a membership.with all the laser light sword battles we have engaged in and all the verbal ju-jitsu that has occurred

I fear most of your group would not have a positive view towards me given some of the rebuttals I have suffered in these forums

..but the dues paying part might not be something I could afford...I have heard its for dues paying members only?

why not an open monthly or bi-monthly meeting for the patients and public at large to expose your real motives in a real time way..??

but how would the dues paying stakeholders feel about that?

I know if I saw something like this I would be attracted to it--anonymously

but out of curiosity how do you petition the group?

maybe others would like to also--

and I personally would love to be privy to your meetings for input and participation--many of us truly enjoy a real working group but there are not many out there for us to align with

and if you refer to CCs as working groups I just don't see the participation in most

too bad that the DCCC seems to have the right ideals and sounds like a good group but it is for uppers

and there are other CC that sound like they're on the right path but they are far from a lot of us and isolated within their respective areas

and thank you also for clarifying the stakeholder definition....yes we are ALL stakeholders in this argument and our concerns may be the same....maybe...and at times I almost am buying your version---until you let out the JC rhetoric....then I close my mind

even mal presents a sincere approach and argument for your group

you need to get past the JC rhetoric show the patients as a group what is happening to unify our focus...??... actions speak louder than words...and you can talk the talk but do your actions back up your words?

your program should be attraction not promotion as we are all looking for the answers and groups that best represent us

and until you guys drop the JC rhetoric I fear you will never unify us collectively...nor wholistic ally as there are too many opinions on the ways and means to the end

.at least a lot of us do share some of the same views as mr C

towards alternative distribution formats in regards to collectives and co-operatives or just collective cooperative cultivation

so as another patient looking for the answers or open minded people with which to engage this conversation--how do we discourse our concerns without vicious rhetoric which serves no purpose

is it just until nov when we will all have a clearer picture?

and if it doesn't go the way the hope is now ..??...then what is the recourse

I believe we all need to become more civil in these forums and allow room for dissension and opposing viewpoints or opinions without resorting to contentious Bs that seems to keep the momentum from growing

and there should be room and dialogue for alternatives

you Mr SFV have earned my respect by virtue that you have shown your heart in a few replies to me...and I almost believe your sincerity as it comes thru your posts...almost--but don't take it personal

as a shadow player for many years you should understand that you should never trust many people with your secrets in regards to this plant---and never trust anyone on face value---in this poker game

there are a lot of people bluffing when it comes to their hand

but thank you again for a civil reply and I sought out this old post as it seemed a good place to continue as far as where we are at now and this does look like the juncture where the lines where drawn....I even detect mr C reaching towards you guys in this thread but I still don't completely understand the big picture here

the history here is very convoluted and diluted with numerous opinions--

seems like dejavue--

and I get that you are a group trying to defend the law as it is written but the unambiguous compliance really leaves little room for other interpretations and there are a lot of people out here that see it that way---the unambiguous rhetoric seems more in line with a narrow viewpoint

and if your group represents the frontline of our defense then it would only make sense for everyone to get behind you guys and show a show of force as MC5 would say and decide if you are part of the problem or part of the solution

and my guess would be if you are not part of the solution then you are on the problem side of the equation--

so how do your group propose us to all be on the solution side of the equation?

I see mr Newburgh has a viewpoint that a lot of us share and I am now convinced he is at the top of the legal pile with the new spotlight on his work---great job and I would recommend him for a good defense!

and yes you guys have the cream of legal people working in your corner....not to leave the other professionals out but mr Newburgh truly used a creative approach in his cases!

and I believe as a card carrying member that I am connected thru the registry with all patients...?? no?

so I have the same hopes and fears

you mr phaq are a funny boy!

I never called right out names...not like others

it was inference--

I always try and be bigger than myself when engaging lower vibrating people .and they want you to come to their level of vibration.....especially when you have to defend your character

the 'high' road is always the best road(no pun intended but definately noted)

fear always brings out the worst in folks...base instinct...and I feel this persons emotions spilling on me

I don't know why except to think they are afraid of my words and have to try and attack my posts to make themselves feel better in some way.....but the tongue has the power of life and death

you can build up or tear down with words---true fact....be careful of that little thing in your mouth called a tongue ...it has power!

I used eloquence to reply to her/his mean spirited rebuttals to my posts

and if you noticed I didn't make it personal

...I asked questions to the persons character and credibility

and their gender

and as far as banning I would hope that is only an action taken when a poster makes extreme personal attacks on someone to either hurt them or their families---

and in an open public forum I believe verbal ju-jitsu is ok....as long as its not personal and slanderous or damaging

after all a lot of us could use the practice as that is how Legislature works---kinda a polite sparring

jabbing and dodging and such

rhetoric I believe they call it...something lawyers and politicians schooled in and practice ...also semantics the way words are interpreted.....like phaquetoo

the eloquent use of language is an art to win your argument--

Yea, it took a minute to read thru all of that. PP, we have answered your questions on this very forum dozens of times now. Yet, every week the same questions pop up again. But its funny to me the questions are always laced with negativity. Technically, anyone of us that is a Pt, Cg or Dr involved with this law is a stakeholder. CPU is only, repeat! Only interested in protecting this law. If and when we get to a point where we can seriously have a shot at expanding rights we will be all about that too!

We are not advancing ANY, repeat ANY distribution methods, NONE. The professionals you speak of are for the most part Attorneys, the best cannabis attorneys in the state imo. But CPU also has insurance agents,Doctors, contractors, hydro store owners, compassion club founders and just plain pts and caregivers. If you want to be in CPU petition to join.

thank you and I feel flattered that you would even consider me for a membership.with all the laser light sword battles we have engaged in and all the verbal ju-jitsu that has occurred

I fear most of your group would not have a positive view towards me given some of the rebuttals I have suffered in these forums

..but the dues paying part might not be something I could afford...I have heard its for dues paying members only?

why not an open monthly or bi-monthly meeting for the patients and public at large to expose your real motives in a real time way..??

but how would the dues paying stakeholders feel about that?

I know if I saw something like this I would be attracted to it--anonymously

but out of curiosity how do you petition the group?

maybe others would like to also--

and I personally would love to be privy to your meetings for input and participation--many of us truly enjoy a real working group but there are not many out there for us to align with

and if you refer to CCs as working groups I just don't see the participation in most

too bad that the DCCC seems to have the right ideals and sounds like a good group but it is for uppers

and there are other CC that sound like they're on the right path but they are far from a lot of us and isolated within their respective areas

and thank you also for clarifying the stakeholder definition....yes we are ALL stakeholders in this argument and our concerns may be the same....maybe...and at times I almost am buying your version---until you let out the JC rhetoric....then I close my mind

even mal presents a sincere approach and argument for your group

you need to get past the JC rhetoric show the patients as a group what is happening to unify our focus...??... actions speak louder than words...and you can talk the talk but do your actions back up your words?

your program should be attraction not promotion as we are all looking for the answers and groups that best represent us

and until you guys drop the JC rhetoric I fear you will never unify us collectively...nor wholistic ally as there are too many opinions on the ways and means to the end

.at least a lot of us do share some of the same views as mr C

towards alternative distribution formats in regards to collectives and co-operatives or just collective cooperative cultivation

so as another patient looking for the answers or open minded people with which to engage this conversation--how do we discourse our concerns without vicious rhetoric which serves no purpose

is it just until nov when we will all have a clearer picture?

and if it doesn't go the way the hope is now ..??...then what is the recourse

I believe we all need to become more civil in these forums and allow room for dissension and opposing viewpoints or opinions without resorting to contentious Bs that seems to keep the momentum from growing

and there should be room and dialogue for alternatives

you Mr SFV have earned my respect by virtue that you have shown your heart in a few replies to me...and I almost believe your sincerity as it comes thru your posts...almost--but don't take it personal

as a shadow player for many years you should understand that you should never trust many people with your secrets in regards to this plant---and never trust anyone on face value---in this poker game

there are a lot of people bluffing when it comes to their hand

but thank you again for a civil reply and I sought out this old post as it seemed a good place to continue as far as where we are at now and this does look like the juncture where the lines where drawn....I even detect mr C reaching towards you guys in this thread but I still don't completely understand the big picture here

the history here is very convoluted and diluted with numerous opinions--

seems like dejavue--

and I get that you are a group trying to defend the law as it is written but the unambiguous compliance really leaves little room for other interpretations and there are a lot of people out here that see it that way---the unambiguous rhetoric seems more in line with a narrow viewpoint

and if your group represents the frontline of our defense then it would only make sense for everyone to get behind you guys and show a show of force as MC5 would say and decide if you are part of the problem or part of the solution

and my guess would be if you are not part of the solution then you are on the problem side of the equation--

so how do your group propose us to all be on the solution side of the equation?

I see mr Newburgh has a viewpoint that a lot of us share and I am now convinced he is at the top of the legal pile with the new spotlight on his work---great job and I would recommend him for a good defense!

and yes you guys have the cream of legal people working in your corner....not to leave the other professionals out but mr Newburgh truly used a creative approach in his cases!

and I believe as a card carrying member that I am connected thru the registry with all patients...?? no?

so I have the same hopes and fears

the person that should be banned is the person calling some one a personal slang word for a female pregnant dog!

as i have been banned in the past, now i try like all get up to not call people names, and belive me it is hard to do at times,,,and this is an mm site not big pharmacy site, why would you encourage addictive drugs like xanax and valuim? ever have to be taken off that stuff abrubptly? I dont think so or you wouldnt suggest that to anyone, Ive been there and back, so stick to the mm folks and keep it to your self!

loose lips sink ships!

Peace

Jim

you mr phaq are a funny boy!

I never called right out names...not like others

it was inference--

I always try and be bigger than myself when engaging lower vibrating people .and they want you to come to their level of vibration.....especially when you have to defend your character

the 'high' road is always the best road(no pun intended but definately noted)

fear always brings out the worst in folks...base instinct...and I feel this persons emotions spilling on me

I don't know why except to think they are afraid of my words and have to try and attack my posts to make themselves feel better in some way.....but the tongue has the power of life and death

you can build up or tear down with words---true fact....be careful of that little thing in your mouth called a tongue ...it has power!

I used eloquence to reply to her/his mean spirited rebuttals to my posts

and if you noticed I didn't make it personal

...I asked questions to the persons character and credibility

and their gender

and as far as banning I would hope that is only an action taken when a poster makes extreme personal attacks on someone to either hurt them or their families---

and in an open public forum I believe verbal ju-jitsu is ok....as long as its not personal and slanderous or damaging

after all a lot of us could use the practice as that is how Legislature works---kinda a polite sparring

jabbing and dodging and such

the eloquent use of language is an art to win your argument--

Edited by purple pimpernel

I believe as a card carrying member that I am connected thru the registry with all patients.

It doesn't matter what you believe it. It only matters what the arresting LEO believes, and what the prosecuting attorney believes, and what the presiding judge believes.

You can believe things all you want. Your beliefs won't keep you out of a jail cell or courtroom.

I would like to keep people out of jail cells and courtrooms. I believe it's my duty to help keep people from ending up there. That's why I interpret the law conservatively. I tell people what might get them arrested and suggest they don't engage in certain behaviors that are questionable legally. I don't consider anything a grey area in practice. If it's a grey area, then I say don't do it unless you are willing to argue about it before a judge.