Judge Tells Me She Doesn't Have To Care About My Card

lpnprovider_420

Hi,

oakland county circuit court

going for sole custody of my 2 young children. Their mom is an alcoholic and she lives with a criminal(multiple heroin arrests, robbery, domestic violence, felony assault)

I have a court order stating their mom can't have him around the kids.

she has violated this 3 times, the last time I hired a PI to document the contact.

went to court today for sole custody with her getting supervised visits at her mom's house.

She got the supervised visits but I didn't get the sole custody(I have them 6 days/week as is)

The family counselor hates me. Why I don't know. I think it's because I grow pot. She is not advocating for the children but instead advocates for my ex, going so far as to give her legal advice at times.

anyways the "counselor" brought up to the judge my marijuana grow. I told the judge I have a card. The judge stated "I have it from the appeals court that I don't have to care about your card, and I don't like the pot"

So now the case has been given over to a Guardian Ad Litem to determine what is in the best interests of the kids.

I am employed, a nurse, homeowner, on top of everything. squeaky clean except for the marijuana.

My ex: alcoholic, lives with criminal, basically homeless from what I gather, loses job after job.

Can the court tell me I can't have my kids based solely on the marijuana?

Probably going to quit growing just in case

You didn't mention if you had a "partner". They might be more inclined to see your side if you could show them there is a nurturing environment that is safe for the children. Bottom line with the card is you are legal, somewhat responsible, and have medical need [ie: chronic pain]. She dont have to like it, esp if she doesn't have "the Card"! ...peace of mind, ... priceless !

Stop growing. The judge doesn't need to say that marijuana is a factor in her decision but I'm sure it will be in the back of her mind.

This is about your kids and their well-being. If it was about losing a privilege that only you enjoy then I would say you should decide for yourself if you are willing to take the hit. Since it is about kids I would give anything up to keep them safe. Even if that means having to bow to uninformed and discriminating authority.

Get a lawyer and demand that they make this judge show what COA ruling shes reffering to because nothing ive seen nullifys the card even in nazi germany michigan (Oakland county).

Child custody is not based on one single factor. Even if the judge were proven wrong she very well can decide in her head that she will put more weight on OTHER custody factors in order to tilt it in favor of the mother. For that reason I suggest you play the game. Give up the grow. This is more important (keeping your kids safe). If I had a judge tell me I couldn't keep a handgun in my house if I had kids what would I do? Give up the handgun. Would that be right? Only if I kept it in an unsafe place, etc. Otherwise it's wrong, wrong, wrong. But do you want the kids going to the mother with the criminal boyfriend while you mess around with appeals? Hell no. I'd say at least suck it up for now and maybe later (months if not at least a year later) start a new grow.

Yep I gotta agree with CL.. Wether they should or shouldnt use the MMJ reason they surely will...... they may not even say it just think it........ Safest thing is to stop growing. In my opinion.

Edited to add..... Yea what COA ruling is this judge referring too?????? Must be imaginary.....

Edited by ozzrokk

anyways the "counselor" brought up to the judge my marijuana grow. I told the judge I have a card. The judge stated "I have it from the appeals court that I don't have to care about your card, and I don't like the pot"

:judge:Judge David Viviano :thumbsd: out of Macomb County said the same thing to me. "This law has many grey area's, I for one am against marijuana, please refrain from the use of Marijuana drug testing 2-3x's a week" Note: He told me to go to the Dr. that wrote that note and get a script for something legal (opiates, after being clean from them for over a year).

Trix

:bong2:

:judge:Judge David Viviano :thumbsd: out of Macomb County said the same thing to me. "This law has many grey area's, I for one am against marijuana, please refrain from the use of Marijuana drug testing 2-3x's a week" Note: He told me to go to the Dr. that wrote that note and get a script for something legal (opiates, after being clean from them for over a year).

Trix

:bong2:

they have no clue! they take pills so they think you should, even though they will kill you like alcohol and cigs! they dont care, its against what they were brought up to beleive,

Instead of changin our laws around, they realy need to educate our leo and court systems to the legality of mm, it is a non addicting miracle med that you cant get addicted to and wind up dying or in I.C.U! I would love to go off on these messed up people, I guess the law is only for the pts and c.g's, and not for leo or the court systems in MI!

so the only thing we can do for now is act like it is not legal! it sucks to be honest, I dont think I would have got legal if I thought all of this b.s was gonna happen! I do still stand by= most people getting popped are bringing leo to them for other reasons, or are breaking a law, it may only be a lil itty bitty part of the law they are breaking but all the same they are breaking a law and the courts and leo pounce on it!

sad days for alot of good people, good days for leo and the courts all on their mighty high horses!

Peace

Jim

edit= if you juice from veg does any thc show up in a urine screen?

Edited by phaquetoo

"" He told me to go to the Dr. that wrote that note and get a script for something legal (opiates, after being clean from them for over a year""

So get a bottle of Marinol - and just keep it around. When you test positive for THC you show them the federally dispensed, legally prescribed, bottle of pills

it is expensive to fill the prescription I hear, but it is pretty good defense.

"" He told me to go to the Dr. that wrote that note and get a script for something legal (opiates, after being clean from them for over a year""

So get a bottle of Marinol - and just keep it around. When you test positive for THC you show them the federally dispensed, legally prescribed, bottle of pills

it is expensive to fill the prescription I hear, but it is pretty good defense.

For real??? This is what you are advocating... honestly ? :unsure::blink:

yeah.. I can just hear the answer now, from my PCP. :hair::horse:

For real??? This is what you are advocating... honestly ? :unsure: :blink:

yeah.. I can just hear the answer now, from my PCP. :hair: :horse:

If your PCP wrote a recommendation that marijuana ( a schedule 1 drug which no one can prescribe legally) helps you, why would he have a problem writing a federally dispensed, legally accepted use of THC? ( a schedule III drug too!) The reason they don't approach you about marinol is because it is not accepted by insurance and cost a lot. So you tinkle positive and show them a bottle of marinol, whats the mind boggle?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0000403/ (article about Dronabinol - by the NIH!)

nice emoticons.

Edited by The Digital Nomad

the internet says...

there is a test for marinol vs cannabis. but its expensive and only one lab does it.

most pee tests are just those cheap $4 pieces of paper that show colors. not in-depth dna sequencing :P

You know who pays for drug testing when it's ordered by a judge? You do. So I don't think the judge would care if you need a more expensive test to differentiate between mj and marinol. If you claim that your positive test was due to marinol what do you want to bet they will order you to get a test for marinol? Maybe not all judges would but I'm sure some would. I wouldn't want to be the one lying to the judge and have her find out that you lied.