3 Marijuana Dispensaries Raided In Michigan This Morning

I would suggest everyone support organizations working towards getting HB 4271 passed. 4271 will restore safe access across the state. Here is the NPRA's facebook page, they are trying to get 4271 passed

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Patients-Rights-Association-NPRA/169275473175785

Did you look into any of the options I presented?  Or are you stuck on the one option it is obvious you want - dispensaries - so patients can come to yours and pay double CG prices.

Just be honest.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know plenty of caregivers that have many strains covering many aspects of cannabinoids, will make tinctures, hash oil, medibles and other forms of ingestibles. 

And btw isn't the cannabis and products bought at these dispensaries bought from caregivers and patients supposedly?

So ANYTHING a dispensary has, can be had from a caregiver?

Unfortunately that doesn't work for everyone. Patients often need a variety of strains not available from a single caregiver and a variety of routes of administration, often not available from a single caregiver. Patients need options.

Geeze...really?  just two-and-a-half hours ago, you posted about being ready to go to the streets to get meds.  So your "street guy" has more strains and delivery options than a legit CG?  Really?

Geeze...really?  just two-and-a-half hours ago, you posted about being ready to go to the streets to get meds.  So your "street guy" has more strains and delivery options than a legit CG?  Really?

Umm I think you are confusing me with someone else. Maybe you should re-read this thread.

Umm I think you are confusing me with someone else. Maybe you should re-read this thread.

I guess Your posts and those 'Darren84' are similar enough that I got them confused.  Sorry for that.

Please let us know if you're stil seeking quality meds at a fair price.  This website has a pretty good track record of matching patients with reliable and reasonable caregivers.

deja vu i have read this thread many of times every time there is a raid always turns into same argument.   I have not set foot in a dispensary in years dont plan too untill the day i can walk in show them my card and not have them put me in a computer or make copies of my card.  Im all for free market if they want to pay double the price what ever the price instead of seeking a care giver then by all means its there right.   Power to the people

I am a member of the karmacy and am wondering where to get my meds now. I don't know of any caregivers in my area i guess to the streets I go, what a shame.

Your registry associated caregiver, listed on your paperwork.  I believe the karmacy stated they only worked with caregivers servicing their patients.  

Kiel ran karmacy.  He knew what he was doing calling it a medical marijuana research facility.  Let me make this straight...NOBODY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR WEED..PERIOD.  BUT THESE GUYS KNEW THAT SWET IS FUNDED BY FEDERAL FUNDS...<<<<<<<<!!!

WHAT WOULD THESE DRUG PIGS DO WITH NO FEDERAL MONEY...HMMM...GO AFTGER METH, CRACK, AND HEROIN.

YUPP THIS MAKE THESE NARC PIGS ACTGUALLY GO SEEK REAL DESTRUCTIVE DRUGS THAT DECIMATE ENTIRE SOCIAL STRUCTURES..!!!!!!

I would suggest everyone support organizations working towards getting HB 4271 passed. 4271 will restore safe access across the state. Here is the NPRA's facebook page, they are trying to get 4271 passed

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Patients-Rights-Association-NPRA/169275473175785

LET THEM OPEN DISPENSARIES ON EVERY STREET LIEK STAR BUCKS   I DON';T CARE AS LONG AS THEY STILL LET US GROW FOR OUR OWN AND FOR OUR ASSIGNED PATIENTS.

They can raid until they go broke whichis what they are doing so FUX all these muther FUXIN NARC PIGS<<!!

Kiel ran karmacy.  He knew what he was doing calling it a medical marijuana research facility.  Let me make this straight...NOBODY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR WEED..PERIOD.  BUT THESE GUYS KNEW THAT SWET IS FUNDED BY FEDERAL FUNDS...<<<<<<<<!!!

WHAT WOULD THESE DRUG PIGS DO WITH NO FEDERAL MONEY...HMMM...GO AFTGER METH, CRACK, AND HEROIN.

YUPP THIS MAKE THESE NARC PIGS ACTGUALLY GO SEEK REAL DESTRUCTIVE DRUGS THAT DECIMATE ENTIRE SOCIAL STRUCTURES..!!!!!!

Kiel ? as in Archie Kiel ?

the disp bill wont stop feds from raiding disps like they do in other states.

focus on full federal legalization.

worry about pot shops another day.

Somebody with a lot of daily experience talking to reps in Lansing mentioned in another thread that the bill was dead just a couple of days ago.  I tend to listen him as he's been right about almost everything in the past.

I cannot go along with supporting 4271 douga. Under different circumstances I might. However, repeated slander and hyperbole have been repeated by its supporters insisting that caregiver produced, quality, top shelf product is inferior, which is not the case. They argue there is a need for all of it to be tested, but stand silent when asked to state the harm testing would address, because there is none. They will certainly be held to quality and purity standards that will require testing due to the nature of their business. That will work to patient and caregiver comparative advantage, and diminish demand for their product and service. They insist that patients risk violence buying from caregivers. Pfft.

They are working a full court press to remove patient grows and caregivers from their competition. Because they have already shown their hand, in the press and in public we know this and refuse to go along with it because of the risk of losing our hard earned protections and being required to pay the long dollar for a damm medicinal garden herb. Having been in business, and in addition to historical examples, I have seen closely business entities and sectors work underhandedly to stomp out competition. You have not? THAT is part and parcel of their scheme.

Edited by GregS

This is why 4271 needs to pass as soon as possible. I know there are those here that have there own interests in mind, but 4271 would restore safe access for patients in the state.

4271 is dead. Anybody saying different is either out of the loop or in complete denial. 4271 could not even get a committee hearing. Stick a fork in it.

AZ is a good example of what happens when dispensaries are allowed to muscle out caregivers, the prices go through the roof and there is no incentive for quality because the market is closed- you take what they have or go without.  Like Greg, I don't like the tactics used by the prodispensary folks.  Implying caregivers produce unsafe meds, that the act of transferring meds is somehow shameful (you don't want to be doing it in your house, in front of your kids is one pitch I hear), or unsafe simply shows their hand for the next stage- the elimination of home growing and their competition.

The other thing that concerns me is that the MMMA is designed to widely distribute the production of cannabis.  It is clear that caregivers were limited to 5 patients to keep the grows small and many.  If dispensaries come, it is logical to assume they will somehow be licensed- what was the complaint about the Lansing dispensaries?  47 in one city was the cry of the anti's.  With licensing comes limitation.  

If you were the DEA, would you rather go after the say 15 state licensed dispensaries or 10,000 caregivers and 50,000 self growing patients?  AZ with its limited number of dispensaries could be shut down as quickly and easily as our friends in BC were yesterday.  If that kind of raid occurred in AZ, they could stop the supply overnight for the entire state.  With our caregiver/home grow system, could they do that as easily in Michigan?  I think not, and that is why we have the law we do.

Dispensaries are fine, so are farmers markets.  I'd love to see some legislation allowing and perhaps taxing their use.  But ONLY if they are secondary to and DEPENDENT on Michigan caregivers and growers.  No out of state ditch weed, no commercial grows by the dispensaries.  Require they purchase and test (if that is what they want) medication from Michigan caregivers and growers.

Dispensaries can serve a useful purpose- assist in the redistribution of medication from growers with excess to patients in need.  Bringing in out of state cheap weed, growing commercially themselves, removing the competition, and putting the growers that remain at a commercial disadvantage and open to exploitation to 'dump' the excesses they grow for whatever they can get from the dispensaries or face criminal charges for the overages.  

We need to make the dispensaries dependent on the Michigan caregivers for ALL their medication supplies.  Make them compete for limited overages to improve the prices they pay the growers.  Make them limit their profit margins to make their medication prices to patients as low as possible (after all, their competition is the caregiver that will sell to patients at the same wholesale price they get from the dispensary).  And generate a little tax in the process.

Just a few musings from me on an issue I don't have a dog in the fight with.

Dr. Bob

AZ is a good example of what happens when dispensaries are allowed to muscle out caregivers, the prices go through the roof and there is no incentive for quality because the market is closed- you take what they have or go without.  Like Greg, I don't like the tactics used by the prodispensary folks.  Implying caregivers produce unsafe meds, that the act of transferring meds is somehow shameful (you don't want to be doing it in your house, in front of your kids is one pitch I hear), or unsafe simply shows their hand for the next stage- the elimination of home growing and their competition.

The other thing that concerns me is that the MMMA is designed to widely distribute the production of cannabis.  It is clear that caregivers were limited to 5 patients to keep the grows small and many.  If dispensaries come, it is logical to assume they will somehow be licensed- what was the complaint about the Lansing dispensaries?  47 in one city was the cry of the anti's.  With licensing comes limitation.  

If you were the DEA, would you rather go after the say 15 state licensed dispensaries or 10,000 caregivers and 50,000 self growing patients?  AZ with its limited number of dispensaries could be shut down as quickly and easily as our friends in BC were yesterday.  If that kind of raid occurred in AZ, they could stop the supply overnight for the entire state.  With our caregiver/home grow system, could they do that as easily in Michigan?  I think not, and that is why we have the law we do.

Dispensaries are fine, so are farmers markets.  I'd love to see some legislation allowing and perhaps taxing their use.  But ONLY if they are secondary to and DEPENDENT on Michigan caregivers and growers.  No out of state ditch weed, no commercial grows by the dispensaries.  Require they purchase and test (if that is what they want) medication from Michigan caregivers and growers.

Dispensaries can serve a useful purpose- assist in the redistribution of medication from growers with excess to patients in need.  Bringing in out of state cheap weed, growing commercially themselves, removing the competition, and putting the growers that remain at a commercial disadvantage and open to exploitation to 'dump' the excesses they grow for whatever they can get from the dispensaries or face criminal charges for the overages.  

We need to make the dispensaries dependent on the Michigan caregivers for ALL their medication supplies.  Make them compete for limited overages to improve the prices they pay the growers.  Make them limit their profit margins to make their medication prices to patients as low as possible (after all, their competition is the caregiver that will sell to patients at the same wholesale price they get from the dispensary).  And generate a little tax in the process.

Just a few musings from me on an issue I don't have a dog in the fight with.

Dr. Bob

I agree Doc very well said and right-on and far-out

I agree with you for the most part Doc.

A couple of exceptions though.

1. AZ is not as bad as some people here paint it to be. You can grow within 25 miles of a dispensary, if it is for someone else that is over 25 miles away.

2. You could close down every dispensary in every state and the marijuana would still be everywhere. Most growers I know did so before they had the blessings of government.

3. Once the restrictions are removed there will be incredibly high priced marijuana that recreational and medical users will buy without hesitation. Not every user of the plant is terminal or poor, that is a myth that does not serve anyone. There is nothing wrong with sky high prices, as long as the people that need or want to are able to grow for themselves.

I agree with you for the most part Doc.

A couple of exceptions though.

1. AZ is not as bad as some people here paint it to be. You can grow within 25 miles of a dispensary, if it is for someone else that is over 25 miles away.

2. You could close down every dispensary in every state and the marijuana would still be everywhere. Most growers I know did so before they had the blessings of government.

3. Once the restrictions are removed there will be incredibly high priced marijuana that recreational and medical users will buy without hesitation. Not every user of the plant is terminal or poor, that is a myth that does not serve anyone. There is nothing wrong with sky high prices, as long as the people that need or want to are able to grow for themselves.

1) So you can't grow for yourself if you're within 25 miles.

2) The point was to make MMJ legal for patients, not to continute to prosecute them for using, or growing, MMJ.  There may still be growers all over Arizona, but they are still illegal and can go to prison.

3) But they can't grow for themselves in almost all places in Arizona.  I'm not sure why you even put this one up.