Questions On Outside Growing?

AbominableDro-Man

I have a 12 by 12 green house I bury 4 plastic 50 gal drums with industrial pond compressor and air stones.  Air lines are run through pvc pipes from in the garage.  Adv 2 part nutes when first filled will last almost a month.  I super crop and prune one day skip a few days and more super cropping up through end of July.  Did this for the first time last year with only 2 fifty gallon drums.  It was difficult for patients to tell the difference between the out door og and my indoor.  I made a few mistakes roof was not the best design ran out of money and material last year so this year old roof gone going to do it write.  Lost at least a 1/3 of the crop to bud root, do to not having fans moving air soon enough and some leaks from the inferior roof, wont make that mistake this year.  Going to have an electrician  run an outdoor out let outlet to the green house.  will only have 4 plants total about 16 cameras many motion censors 3 chinise  sharpeis.  Wont leave this house from mid september till i harvest last year it went to to nov 4 th. 

be sure to use female stock.....

Well alright then. So I'll veg it in a 15gal until june rolls around and pop her into the ground. She's just going to be a normal photo seed though, no auto's for outside, those'll just stay in the veg chamber while the photos move to flower. As per light schedules, I use an 18/6 for veg indoors. I don't want a mold monster though, so thanks for the heads up on that. Certainly not looking to produce a couple lb's of shwag. Not my gig, I'm all in for quality, quality, quality.

I will always use Feminized seeds. =)

That will (hopefully) limit male plant exposure. I like the idea of growing from seed as much as possible, as often as possible. I'd prefer to do little cloning until I find those JUST perfect plants for myself, which ill take a while because I'm quite picky haha

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

"Schwag grassmatch I don't think so you might want to look up garden green, on the net it was not some brown growing here was top notch stuff but now that there is med mj you don't here of it around much at all here is one from the press, wish I could find more

http://www.dailypress.net/page/content.detail/id/506397/UPSET-nabs-marijuana.html

Edited by Zerocool

Alright. So I'll just use the backhoe to dig out a dirt square, fill it with Promix and Happyfrog, water the hell out of it and let it fly. well...watering multiple times a week if it doesnt rain, but still!

for a BACKHOE scale grow,  google big sluggers greenhouse.

Have a family member who's particularly handy with building greenhouses, so he's going to help me out with that. I'm literally only doing this for one plant. Digging out a nice square for it to flower out in. I'll take your advice Grass and switch her to flowering inside and toss her out in june. Late june most likely.

And yeah Pic, something like that, only it'll be a much smaller greenhouse only meant for a single plant. I really really meant it when I said I as only tossing one of these girls outside  :D

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

i'm just getting your goat man. I just never had anything grown outdoors in MI that was better than most of the indoor I've sampled. Could just be I never met the right suppliers?  I even prefer my own indoor over my outdoor, but that could mean I don't know wtf I'm doing in the outside grow too, so subjective again.

"Schwag grassmatch I don't think so you might want to look up garden green, on the net it was not some brown growing here was top notch stuff but now that there is med mj you don't here of it around much at all here is one from the press, wish I could find more

http://www.dailypress.net/page/content.detail/id/506397/UPSET-nabs-marijuana.html

I am trying this year to grow the biggest plant. It will be outsde in the dirt, in a sunny area,next to the other native bushes and plants,mostly bittersweet and wild raspberries.  I want to see how big it will get. I'm not going to help it at all-just see how it does growing wild. The deer won't get it because they hate prickly thorny stuff. It had to grow wild at one time before humans cultivated it,right?  Just curious.  No idea what the seeds will be,I'm just going to plant them and leave the rest to Mother Nature.

And yeah Pic, something like that, only it'll be a much smaller greenhouse only meant for a single plant. I really really meant it when I said I as only tossing one of these girls outside  :D

well that thing about 'a single plant', you know, dro--last season, in october, a retired ripper (cripppled, can't run) led me to an la confidential standing 12' tall and 15' x 15' with heavy dark green fronds and brances bowing down.. .he said that they had dug out a square 20' x 20' and fourteen inches deep with a backhoe, then they replaced the soil with used, dumped aside promix from their indoor grow, and fed the leftovers of nute lines they had long ago abandoned on their indoor--so, it was a soup of brands;   veg, and flower and additives.  my guess is that from that '1 plant'  they got enuf for two patients, maybe more.

Well,since my early garden is coming in,I am going to plant them today so they get nice and wet from the rain,and before the prickly bushes fill in.Once they fill out,the plant will have to fend for it's own space. I want to see how hardy they are. Wonder if they seed themselves and come back every year...........................................UPDATE. Oh yeah,good idea to plant seeds in the snow. I love Michigan.

Edited by jointedone

Nobody can or will see it. Unless they fly a drone over.TARGET PRACTICE! Then they would have to get into the back fenced area where the dogs are...........there is no gate. You have to go thru the house or garage to get to the back. Cops don't come out here much,we only have 3 Macomb Co guys for the whole township. You think they want to get country mud on their shiny black shoes? And I'm sure 2 Jack Russells and a black German Shepard would be down for a good chase............................RUN,SUMBITCH!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been tossing up into the air of tossing a plant or two outside. I was wondering: How often do you go out and water these ladies? As a matter of fact, how do you take care of them at all? Anyone have a quick rundown on outside growing they could shoot at me?

prollly best off to toss a seed or two, prolly dr greenthumbs iaf (iranian auto flower).  good reports on these fems, 90 days from germ, 2-8 oz.

I grew those Iranians, and for sure the largest producer I've ever grown indoors, with no special treatment. Huge colas, thick hashy smoke, decent high cbd effect, tiring for me, but pain killing and relaxing for others. It made great hash, low smell, fast flower, not a ruderalis auto, just a fast flowering cultivar. Flowering can be controlled with light schedules. I would veg inside and put outdoors myself, but they will function right now if you put them out safely. Definitely a must try. not a keeper here though.

I cut a large round hole in the bottom of dollar general laundry baskets and set the hole over the vegging plant. It grew up inside, and I scrogged it using the hamper basket holes after it was topped a couple times. The result I called Basket Case was a hamper completely covered on the outside by colas growing through the holes. I kept the inside trunk trimmed clean. It took up too much room, but I liked the portable scrogs for awhile.

• 1 month later...