Is Using Marijuana A Sin?

trichcycler

,it was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. ????  Nope  sorry here is what some of our founding fathers said about it,

There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites."- Thomas Jefferson

This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it"- John Adams

The New Testament, they tell us, is founded upon the prophecies of the Old; if so, it must follow the fate of its foundation.'- Thomas Paine

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."- Ben Franklin

Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."- Thomas Paine

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."-James Madison

eligious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society."- George Washington

Edited by cristinew

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." - Treaty of Tripoli, 1796

Then if you are that open minded,you won't criticize me for my beliefs. Please give non muslims the same respect you obviously have for muslims.. That's all. Our Country was not founded on muslim beliefs,it was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. And any "muslim" who says he is friends with you,an infidel, is not following the true beliefs of mohammed. Read the Quaran yourself. Chairman Mao said religion was the opiate of the masses. We can THINK whatever we want. Actions speak louder than words,don't they? Last time I looked I didn't see any Christians beheading someone in public and screaming they are doing it for some godlike figure. No wonder muslims think Americans are weak.Some of us are. And some of us aren't. OPUS DEI

Ok, let's not discuss that Thomas Jefferson (the guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence) was a self-described atheist.  And let’s ignore the rest of the evidence that people like John Adams, George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Paine wrote numerous essays that would indicate that they were not devout Christians (to say the least).

So let’s just assume this this country was founded on Judeo-Christian values.  Let’s use this assumption as a jumping-off point for the discussion.

With these assumptions in place, please tell us how Judeo-Christian values differ from Muslim values.  Please do your best to be specific.  Tell us, specifically, what Judeo-Christian values are, what Muslim values are, and how they differ.

Looks like you are right on. These are great quotes. Could you just leave me alone? I have a couple much more important things on my plate right now. If you don't care for my comments,then block me. I will NOT fight with you and waste the little bit of energy I have on YOU, when my daughter is fighting for her life. Are you even human?

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/jefferson_papers/mtjprece.html

In fact, it was not until the second war with Algiers, in 1815, that naval victories by Commodores William Bainbridge and Stephen Decatur led to treaties ending all tribute payments by the United States. European nations continued annual payments until the 1830s. However, international piracy in Atlantic and Mediterranean waters declined during this time under pressure from the Euro-American nations, who no longer viewed pirate states as mere annoyances during peacetime and potential allies during war.

Barbary corsairs led attacks upon American merchant shipping in an attempt to extort ransom for the lives of captured sailors, and ultimately tribute from the United States to avoid further attacks, much like their standard operating procedure with the various European states http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

history^^

Looks like you are right on. These are great quotes. Could you just leave me alone? I have a couple much more important things on my plate right now. If you don't care for my comments,then block me. I will NOT fight with you and waste the little bit of energy I have on YOU, when my daughter is fighting for her life. Are you even human?

no fights  we love you  but when things are said that are incorrect   founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. we like to correct them,  we all need to learn/  its make a better nation also.  best wishes to your daughter, 

Edited by cristinew

Ok, let's not discuss that Thomas Jefferson (the guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence) was a self-described atheist.  And let’s ignore the rest of the evidence that people like John Adams, George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Paine wrote numerous essays that would indicate that they were not devout Christians (to say the least).

So let’s just assume this this country was founded on Judeo-Christian values.  Let’s use this assumption as a jumping-off point for the discussion.

With these assumptions in place, please tell us how Judeo-Christian values differ from Muslim values.  Please do your best to be specific.  Tell us, specifically, what Judeo-Christian values are, what Muslim values are, and how they differ.

im thinking all the names you mentioned are/were Free masons! the secret society!

Peace

No, of course that's how it should be.  It's just that people think Muslims are somehow against human rights, and my point was no, Muslims work their bums off for human rights in their countries.  A lot of these groups are mad as hell at certain $h1+ disturbers in the United States who make specious claims about what goes on--or doesn't go on--in the Middle East.

tell me about muslim sharia sect and how they treat women?

which muslim beleif are you of?

Peace

and what of a "Jesus" character in a dozen religions thousands of years before Christ ?  the flood, the miracles, the virgin birth, on and on all repeated in these long before the Christian biblical account.   how long have we been "smartened" for? would that be the first time?  who smartened us? why ?

The old testiment is about god and moses, joshua,noa, garden of eden, the new testiment is about the virgin mary and christ,

my mother told me that people pray to mary because she is jesus mother, and what mother cant get he son to forgive?

baptist religion taught me if I accept jesus as my savior I am reborn and absorbed of my sins!

Peace

The old testiment is about god and moses, joshua,noa, garden of eden, the new testiment is about the virgin mary and christ,

my mother told me that people pray to mary because she is jesus mother, and what mother cant get he son to forgive?

baptist religion taught me if I accept jesus as my savior I am reborn and absorbed of my sins!

Peace

Okay, lol!

Hey Wulf. Aren't you sinning as a Muslim even speaking to us infidels? It's just a question,I don't know any muslims to ask. :)

It doesn't apply to only Muslims, thats the issue I run into the most with my lack of faith, in God. I become the guy just trying to turn everyone else into a sinner. If it makes sense, and it's not in a religious book It's a trap of the devil.

2 Corinthians 11:3-5 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. 5 Indeed, I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15 And what I do I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Edited by slipstar059

In response to the OPost.

I believe it is simple...

It depends on who you ask  :P

I refuse to get into any religious conversation any further than that, as I understand so very little of it.

So, I will leave y'all to it :)

what are you laughing at?  :yahoo-wave:

Peace

did I spell absorbed wrong? or was that the wrong word?

Peace

absorbed : adjective

1. intensely engaged; engrossed.
    "she sat in an armchair, absorbed in a book"

absolved : verb

past tense: absolved; past participle: absolved
  1. set or declare (someone) free from blame, guilt, or responsibility.

"the pardon absolved them of any crimes"
    synonyms: exoneratedischargeacquitvindicate;

Proper English probably should have read ; "I am reborn and absolved of my sins!"

I am a facebook grammar master . . . I also won first place in my sixth grade spelling bee 

and I stayed at one of those hotels last night  :lol: 

Edited by knucklehead bob