Libertarians Rule, Ds And Rs Drool...

The problems faced by the Flint police are rife throughout government entities at all levels.

The obvious answer to the big government folks is more taxes and the so-caled 1% are a popular place to start for many.

We have $18 Trillion in Federal Government debt.

The economy may be healed according to some after the Great Recession but by other measures this is open to debate. Workforce participation is at the lowest level in years. Low paying jobs and part-time workers are replacing higher paid full-time employees. Median income is falling.

Meanwhile entitlement and social benefit payments are rising at unsustainable rates while executive actions on immigration are adding further to the pressures on the public purse. To meet these pressures public investment in infrastructure and defense has been shrinking. More food stamps for obese folks might fight hunger according to some but what good will they do if the roads are so bad no one can get food to the stores.

Yeah, I'm not that bright but at some point isn't enough, enough? Just what are the politicians in DC trying to achieve, anyway? Convert all the mass of the known universe into human flesh-and-blood?

Edited by outsideinthecold

The problems faced by the Flint police are rife throughout government entities at all levels.

The obvious answer to the big government folks is more taxes and the so-caled 1% are a popular place to start for many.

We have $18 Trillion in Federal Government debt.

The economy may be healed according to some after the Great Recession but by other measures this is open to debate. Workforce participation is at the lowest level in years. Low paying jobs and part-time workers are replacing higher paid full-time employees. Median income is falling.

Meanwhile entitlement and social benefit payments are rising at unsustainable rates while executive actions on immigration are adding further to the pressures on the public purse. To meet these pressures public investment in infrastructure and defense has been shrinking. More food stamps for obese folks might fight hunger according to some but what good will they do if the roads are so bad no one can get food to the stores.

Yeah, I'm not that bright but at some point isn't enough, enough? Just what are the politicians in DC trying to achieve, anyway? Convert all the mass of the known universe into human flesh-and-blood?

If we just kill off all the baby boomers, everything will be great though.

Much workforce participation numbers are skewing because the baby boomers are starting to retire finally.  It will cause a bubble for 20 years on social security, but will open up more jobs for younger people.

Well, I guess regularly means at least weekly to me? Few times a week?

So I stand by my statement. 

I mean, here is one today even. It happens regularly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/20/missouri-9-month-old-fatally-shot-in-his-crib-by-5-year-old-brother-police-say/

and then just upon simple search, here is the second article via search(the previous one being first):

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

guns dont kill people, people kill people, we had guns in my home my whole life, I knew where they were and not to touch them, I knew where my old mans loaded .38 was,, he showed us kids, we all took hunters safty and knew how and when to handle guns, people who leave guns where a child can get them and another child gets killed should be convicted of murder, yea real rough when one of your kids kills another of your kids, It would not have happened if the gun was not reachable or the kids were educated!

as far as teens and young adult punks doing drive bye's and selling dope and owning guns oh well, the dumb lil turds can kill each other, they arent worth the air they breath any how, people need to get a grip on their own kids, all people nut just normal people like most of us, how many people on here left a loaded gun around and had their child shoot some one?

It is our right to bare arms, it is our responsibility to make sure no one can get our guns and kill some one with it, cars dont kill either drivers of cars kill people!

There is way more to worry about in politics than mm also, I wont vote for some one just because they like the mm laws, they have to be good at all that is required of them, I would vote across the board for people who dont beleive in mm if they were right for the job they are running for, mm is not the only thing in my life I care about, it is only a very lil bit, and I dont need to be legal to use it, I never was and I didnt vote for people who wanted mj legal before these laws, if we voted for only people who want to make mm legal, our country would be in way worst shape than it is in now!  I would like our home values to go back up so maybe one day we can use it for our retirement! I want cheaper meds! I want obama out of here, I cant beleive he is still around!

Nobile peace prize winner my a s s!

Peace

Much workforce participation numbers are skewing because the baby boomers are starting to retire finally.  It will cause a bubble for 20 years on social security, but will open up more jobs for younger people.

Which is why medical careers are very popular right now. It is presently about a two year wait for medical students to get into their clinicals. We boomers are creating a huge demand for good paying jobs. We have the resources and won't take no for an answer, up to and including our insistence that we will keep our pie. We are crusty and cranky and will not take sass.

We're just being civic minded. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by GregS

I grew up with free access to loaded guns, lots of them all of my childhood. I could shoot guns most anytime I wanted on our vacation property in the summers. I took gun safety courses and had my hunting license as soon as I could. I've seen people shot and killed, and our family has been victimized by gunfire. More responsible gun owners will result in a safer environment for children to play. 

I was taught all people owned as many guns, but that some of them were stupid people with stupid kids, and our guns were to defend ourselves from those stupid people and their stupid kids, by being a better aim. I was told the government is the best armed, and some of them are stupid too. Cops were good guys back then, even when they were just pretending.

Criminals don't follow the rules of prohibition, or use gun stores to buy their ak47's or mac 10's. These are often not some collectors guns stolen in a recent robbery, but unfired brand new ones, guns that have been used, confiscated, sold/destroyed, then used again(magically)  Last I knew we outlawed full automatic weapons, made them really expensive, with special permits, yet full auto weapons are routinely used by criminals. Maybe they're the ones at the range firing the 3 thousand dollar weapons, who knows, but I doubt it.  govern-mental, says it all.

good ole days

I grew up with free access to loaded guns, lots of them all of my childhood. I could shoot guns most anytime I wanted on our vacation property in the summers. I took gun safety courses and had my hunting license as soon as I could. I've seen people shot and killed, and our family has been victimized by gunfire. More responsible gun owners will result in a safer environment for children to play. 

I was taught all people owned as many guns, but that some of them were stupid people with stupid kids, and our guns were to defend ourselves from those stupid people and their stupid kids, by being a better aim. I was told the government is the best armed, and some of them are stupid too. Cops were good guys back then, even when they were just pretending.

Criminals don't follow the rules of prohibition, or use gun stores to buy their ak47's or mac 10's. These are often not some collectors guns stolen in a recent robbery, but unfired brand new ones, guns that have been used, confiscated, sold/destroyed, then used again(magically)  Last I knew we outlawed full automatic weapons, made them really expensive, with special permits, yet full auto weapons are routinely used by criminals. Maybe they're the ones at the range firing the 3 thousand dollar weapons, who knows, but I doubt it.  govern-mental, says it all.

good ole days

^^^

I like the  way you think.

Is workforce participation down because of retiring baby boomers? Highly unlikely given the oldest didn't turn 65 until the last year or so.

Does that explain the drop in median income?

Then there are the millions of jobs created. Sounds great until one compares the number of new jobs created against to the number of new workers entering the workforce each year.

Ten million newly insured sounds great too except so far no one really knows just how these demographics will stabilize once all the costs, taxes and penalties are in effect. The last CBO estimate guessed it would be at least a trillion dollars and possibly much more for ten years. Is $15,000/year to insure someone a deal? And for whom? Big pharma?

Whether one is for or against government funded health care or not, to claim Obamacare is a success or failure at this point is no certain but make no mistake, it is expensive.

Some will win. One regular on this site proudly mentions he is saving $18k/year. Good for him. But make no mistake; someone else somewhere is paying. There is no free lunch. Sort of like the Fed's QE driven low interest rates. Doesn't help savers much but Wall Street has done well. Maybe that is why so many Streeters love the Democrats. Corzine isn't the only old Goldman Sachs Democrat.

As for baby boomers helping the economy by dying, that is actually true from the governmeny's fiscal perspective. So why does the Federal government subsidize folks to have children they have no possibility of supporting themselves?

Can't anyone count?

In the end there is only one sure way to cut human influenced climate change by fifty-percent and that is to.........

Edited by outsideinthecold

First Boomers are turning like 70.  They were able to collect SS since 62 for many of them. We are several years into the baby boom retirement phase. And it will last for 20 years.

I also agree that the child tax credit is bogus and unfair to single people. :-)  If it is about helping people,.. get rid of the child tax credit and expand the EITC.

I think people understand that obamacare was the first step towards single payer.  Corporate Democrats put the wrench in the works otherwise we could have gotten a much better law.

I knew if the thread went long enough the Soylent Green approach to population and output control would show itself. Mao would be proud.

You'll forgive me if I don't look at a segment of the population and think "If we could just kill all of them off..."

You read something like this and wonder "How devious is the even more devious side?" I sure don't like the evil of the above comment - but I'll let others decide which is less worse.

Get over yourself.

I was obviously using a commonly used tool of communication called humor.  :-p

Interesting that you usually use an emote when you do. Then you elaborate on how the plan will help.

You also woohoo'd a kid being shot because you thought it helped your case to repeal what many see as bedrock aspects of the Second Amendment.

Me get over myself. That is awesome. Just read how often you type "I know" and then get back to me on who needs to get over them self.

Maybe you were kidding, maybe you weren't. I don't know honestly. You would be FAR from the first person to say it seriously.

The first step to proper social engineering is disarming the populace.

I do honestly appreciate Malamute and even Restorium when they aren't dismissive or insulting. They allow me to further develop why I feel as I do. Talking to people who agree with me is fun but I can learn nothing. To verbalize and theorize why my opinions are as they are. I honestly hope they feel they get to do the same with me. I'm obviously not "trolling" because I get too many likes. I don't want to irritate to irritate but will always retaliate (I try - you have no idea how many posts get deleted). I have learned more in the last four months here than in years "on the street" having conversations, because most people are overly emotional and result to dismissing or insulting.

For the record: I had NO agenda in starting this thread. It was a random rant of mine that was completely off-topic in another thread and T-Pain (not so subtly I might add *smirk*) correctly told me to "Take your R and D crap to its own thread". It was a provocative headline to get discussion because I do want straight ticket voting Democrats to DEMAND their candidates are anti-Prohibition. If they attacked their Prohibition candidates with the passion with which they attack me I'd be that much closer to voting straight ticket also. I don't consider it a "trolling" headline because I have lived in a climate of fear that has been perpetuated by Democrats AND Republicans. Show of hands for Michigan Democratic House Leader Tim Greimel please. I think that guy sucks as much as Mitt Romney and Bouchard. I stick by the title of the thread.

The best way to prove a fool wrong is to give him what he wants. That's not me calling T-Pain a fool because I learn as much from him as anyone but I don't think he really wanted this to be its own thread. Would have been much better off left to be debated in what is now some long lost thread. There aren't that many threads here so it seemed going "off-topic" now and again wasn't too large an issue. No question T was right though.

If you see me acquiesce but not concede a point quickly and without resistance it is likely me saying "I understand you need to learn for yourself and I realize we all need to, I won't argue with you and I offer my hope for your success as long as the plan doesn't involve hurting anyone else." I'm a rather permissive fellow though. I hold Liberty sacred and dear, scarce are the crimes for which I advocate incarceration, but those I do - woe be upon the violators of another person's human rights. I'll leave it with this and I hope everyone is safe tonight.

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
John Quincy Adams

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_quincy_adams.html#7oO3oGx2deCzK4wl.99
Edited by YesMichigan

YesMichigan Quote; For the record: I had NO agenda in starting this thread. 

That is total BS, you were trolling. When you pile BS on top of BS all you do is slip slide away. You will not get a solid footing here. Post whatever you want to but don't expect BS to sit here without getting the double flush. This dump/thread is about ready for a third flush.

Edited by Restorium2

YesMichigan Quote; For the record: I had NO agenda in starting this thread. 

That is total BS, you were trolling. When you pile BS on top of BS all you do is slip slide away. You will not get a solid footing here. Post whatever you want to but don't expect BS to sit here without getting the double flush. This dump/thread is about ready for a third flush.

You have yet to even get a single flush on it because you can't keep your emotions or your direction together.

You have no training in debate or presentation obviously. You are an angry person who likes to tell everyone how to live their lives. Have you ever thought about living as a Republican?

You have yet to even get a single flush on it because you can't keep your emotions or your direction together.

You have no training in debate or presentation obviously. You are an angry person who likes to tell everyone how to live their lives. Have you ever thought about living as a Republican?

I'm a patient and a caregiver in Michigan since '08 when the governor signed the Act into law. I pay very close attention to the issues surrounding medical cannabis in Michigan. I'm also a cannabis grower and strive to be the best i can be at that too. I was the 7th person here to join this web site. Have run compassion clubs and was the first admin here when this web site opened. If you have any questions pertaining to those things then I can help you. 

I'm a patient and a caregiver in Michigan since '08 when the governor signed the Act into law. I pay very close attention to the issues surrounding medical cannabis in Michigan. I'm also a cannabis grower and strive to be the best i can be at that too. I was the 7th person here to join this web site. Have run compassion clubs and was the first admin here when this web site opened. If you have any questions pertaining to those things then I can help you. 

I don't question your knowledge, commitment or capability in researching. I am honestly impressed with all of those things as they pertain to you.

Emotional restraint and ability to maintain composure in the face of differing view points, you are a forum poster. That's not necessarily an insult but I think you want more for your forensic potential.

I don't hold grudges and I know I can learn a lot from you as it pertains to the MMMA and surrounding movements. I know that is mutual - which is the part that you are loathe to accept.

I want no trouble with you or anyone. Thank you for your efforts for the community, I mean that in all sincerity. When I was still afraid you were on the front-line and I don't ignore that, it is one of the few reasons I have continued to reply to someone I would have ignored LONG ago given your approach and style.

I hope you can understand instead of just calling me "troll" the legitimate damage to my psyche caused by the two main parties of this country as I spent decades in fear for myself, family and friends. I won't apologize for holding a grudge against the administrations of Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama for not doing (in MY mind) NEARLY enough to stop illegal incarcerations of Medical Marijuana users and suppliers.