Milegalize Known Pitfalls ?

That is Colorado, not here. I doubt they let the police state take over with medical marijuana there either. Colorado politics is different.

they have the same moo poo politics we have.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/04/10/colorado-medical-marijuana-doctors-conviction-joseph-montante/32948/

http://www.colorado-medical-marijuana-guide.com/colorado-medical-marijuana-history.htm

Ms. Clendenin’s home was raided in 2006. Ms. Clendenin was charged with cultivation of marijuana. The trial court refused to allow her patients to testify if they had not previously met Ms. Clendenin. She was subsequently convicted. Her Attorney appealed the conviction to the Court of Appeals.

The Colorado Appeals Court ruled that a person designated as a medical marijuana caregiver must do more than supply the medicine to patients and that the Care-giver must know her patients. The Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s ruling.

washingtons' are worse, remember that they had an EAST/WEST fed prosecutor system and i think the west let it slide but the east fed prosecutor was going nuts about mmj dispensaries.

i dont know why you think theres some magical state within the usa that is ok with marijuana, but you are doing a HUGE disservice for propagating that myth. even california is crazy about mmj. police raiding shops and eating edibles crazy , in 2015 no less. you think michigan is the only one where a cop seized a sex toy during a raid?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/medical-marijuana-can-cost-parents-custody/

In Colorado last month, an appeals court ruled that medical marijuana use is not necessarily a reason to restrict a parent's visitation. Washington courts have held otherwise.

https://markandmmj.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/dan-may-and-bob-patient-vs-prosecution/

The result was half a million dollars’ worth of law enforcement assets deployed to his home to seize 54 medical marijuana plants from a 62 year old cancer patient. Bob was charged with cultivation and intent to distribute, despite his pleas to officers that the marijuana was for medical use and that he was growing only for himself.

sounds familiar.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/colorado-medical-marijuan_45_n_744008.html

lots of b.s. in colorado, from the state, the cities and counties. just like michigan.

Petitions are fresh off the press!!!! Rally at the Capital Thursday 1-5 PM!!! Come sign the petition on launch day and pick up copies to take to your people!!!! Petition pickup locations in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor and Flint to be announced!!! If you have a public venue that can be a distribution center for petitions please message us and we can get you on the delivery list!!! It's Go Time Team! ‪#‎MILegalize‬    If you do nothing its not going to get better,

What I am seeing is that supporters of this quasi legalization cannot see past the language to the truth of what

will occur if or when one of these bill pass IN LEGISLATURE...  they do what they want and they don't want

Cannabis legal.  Simple as that.

I also don't understand why we keep talking about CO..

We are in MICHIGAN for cripes sake.

what i am seeing is some people are scared of the legislature but instead are ignoring the courts.

have you seen the opinion of people v mazur, imiubu ?

do you live with family members? or anyone else in your house?

people in your house arent protected if you are in violation of the mmma.

its a disgusting michigan supreme court opinion, and i fear every case in the future they will start charging family members with possession of plants and bud.

Petitions are fresh off the press!!!! Rally at the Capital Thursday 1-5 PM!!! Come sign the petition on launch day and pick up copies to take to your people!!!! Petition pickup locations in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor and Flint to be announced!!! If you have a public venue that can be a distribution center for petitions please message us and we can get you on the delivery list!!! It's Go Time Team! ‪#‎MILegalize‬    If you do nothing its not going to get better,

I will not be attending this as I don't believe this is what Michigan needs at this time. 

I will not be another warm body out on the lawn for the media to falsely publish how many

showed out in support.

I've been asked "why not come just to meet up with others" I don't get to see often ... That ^^ is the reason.

I know a bunch of people going just to meet up with friends... not because they're giving support.

Sorry pals... see ya at a different event a cause I can get behind.

ROLL THE VOTE

post-10206-0-31685800-1435166482_thumb.jpg

what i am seeing is some people are scared of the legislature but instead are ignoring the courts.

its a disgusting michigan supreme court opinion, and i fear every case in the future they will start charging family members with possession of plants and bud.

It is disgusting, I agree, and a testament to how very important it is to not violate the mmma in these times.

grass, you are probably one out of only _10_ patients/caregivers in michigan that actually has double locked doors protecting the grow room. the other 150,000 pts and 30,000 caregivers have single doors.

i did make up the numbers , but my guess is accurate based on everything i've read about people setting up grow rooms in their houses and yards.

Yes, t and I should have included the court system in my post and leo etc... any anti's will just have new ways

to persecute and prosecute us is all.  Even if this initiative passes, the madness will not end and the little guy like me

will be squeezed out from the option to grow my own eventually. 

Proof is in what has already occurred in legs, courts et al.

hey no problem. i'm sorry we cant see eye to eye on this issue.

i hope these make it to the ballot and i hope if you see them on there you will give them a chance.

we dont all have to agree here. and i agree with your points, i dont want the legislature messing with things. but i also dont want the racist war on drugs to continue arresting thousands of people each year. and if these reduce those arrests even by half, its better than what we have now.

The GOP has controlled the chamber for more than 30 years.   

Simply not true.  The State House has had Democrats in control like 14 of the last 30 years.

Republicans have controlled the State Senate for 30 years due to gerrymandering though...

Colorado has always had lower prices on Marijuana.  Prior to medical or legal.

Those low prices are for very mediocre quality outdoor.  Some of it I wouldn't even smoke. Pitooey.  But yea,... you can get mediocre crap for 1600 a pound there commercially wholesale.  California the same.  Those are very different worlds than Michigan is though.  To compare is futile.  What I consider "good" cannabis still carries a price in California and Colorado and good luck finding it at legal retail establishments.

I mean, even before any legalization of any type, cannabis was always cheaper in California and Colorado. I don't get the point.

grass, you are probably one out of only _10_ patients/caregivers in michigan that actually has double locked doors protecting the grow room. the other 150,000 pts and 30,000 caregivers have single doors.

i did make up the numbers , but my guess is accurate based on everything i've read about people setting up grow rooms in their houses and yards.

may be. I try to stay ahead of the issues. My wife keeps a fire lit under my arse. she's got more sense than me.

I would have a plot behind the garage if not! I'm stupid that way. Luckily, my first outdoor grow scents were immediately detected by her and was corrected that year....no more outside grows! smart gal.

hmm, conspiracy ? ^^

Stall/ stop the bill to give those distributor fellas an opportunity to push their agenda?

I believe the real agenda, that I kept pointing out because it's the only agenda that matched their intent, is showing now.

These guys are not hard to read. Just shut your ears and watch them for a few years and you know how they will go round the track. We have their play book. They have no intent on changing any time soon. Know your snakes well.

Thats not going to happen ,  this state is republican ,  get used to it,

You are NUTS   no democrat is going make cannabis Legal  NEVER  

The GOP has controlled the chamber for more than 30 years.   that is not going to change  

Stated like a proud founder of the sad situation we find ourselves in. 

Thanks 

did you forget the front door of peoples homes and why wouldn't that door count if living with a card holder ?

Thanks 

did you forget the front door of peoples homes and why wouldn't that door count if living with a card holder ?

Because if they are not locked separately then you have access to more than the 12 plants the law allows. It's a technicality that our attorney general and his minions will exploit if they decide they want to. You should be the expert on this by now. If you are just a patient you can have access to only 12 plants. I'm fine with that. It's the best thing going, growing 12 plants.