Patients Can't Smoke In Parked Cars At Public Places, Court Rules

t-pain

Preaching to people about who they should vote for IS saying fuk it.  People don't vote for a candidate based on tehir stance on MJ.  At least nowhere near enough to make a shiit bit of difference.

And I didn't say that you were stupid I said that your tactics are stupid, there's a difference, but if you want to play the victim...

And I said it's almost as if, trying to show you that your tactics are weak, not implying that you actually want to lose.

How else do you suppose we get people to vote for marijuana friendly candidates without talking to them?  And people vote for single issues ALL the time. Heck, most don't even know the names of the people they are voting for on the ballot.

Are you saying that people don't vote for single issues? Guns, abortions, etc?

LOL, so that's why the gov won again last year?  When 90% are corrupt you'd just be switching one out.  Besides did dems even run an MJ friendly candidate for gov last time? 

It's not doing any good, but as long as you feel good doing it.....

And a hand written letter would take how long(little longer than posting here)?  The shock it would provide to a politician, who probably has never received a hand written letter, to get a box of them would do what they've been doing to us whenever we see gumballs if we might have a roach under the seat.  If you don't make a tactical game plan you have no chance.  You are divided and conquered.  You just don't see it and make excuses, sorry that's the way I see it.

So, in your view Norby, we should do nothing, embrace apathy, and maybe write a form letter that truly doesn't matter instead of trying to get even one more vote for a better candidate by showing voters the insanity of the anti drug coalitions?

If letters are your only idea, then how about sending Letters to the Editors of all the newspapers.  You can actually reach voters that way. The politicians do not care really, they hear "things are messed up" when you write a letter, so they start trying to pass stuff to make it better, but with republicans in charge, that is impossible. Republicans make it better for the police. That is what they do.

Yes the Democrats ran a much more MMj friendly candidate for governor last time, and the election before that, a VASTLY more marijuana friendly candidate for governor. Oh how different it would have been if Virg Bernero was elected.

I'll be the first to admit I ain't doin shiit.  I talk on FB but no one in my friends live in MI.  I'm letting them know the problems but they can't help.  I'm not social I don't want people in line talking to me and I don't want to talk to other people.  If you come across wrong for your audience you can push people away(like you and bb did to me) rather than draw them to your cause.

I have no clue what to do.  there seems to be absolutely no cohesion or efforts that have a chance here in my mind.  It's nothing but divide and conquer here and it's worked really well for them.  Your politicians are supposed to represent YOU no matter what the letter is after their name.  Unless someone gets to the dispensaries, which seem to be the best place to get the word out, and let's people know what the actual law is and what's actually happening, there isn't a chance to come together and fight back against the persecution we are dealing with. 

If it's already divided and there is no chance then I'll just adapt and overcome just like I always have and I'll stop wasting my time trying to get any movement going here.  I'll just stick to reading and helping in the plant section.  Just give me the word, you guys have been here longer.  If it's done and ready to stick a fork in just let me know and I'll shut up.  Just seems a letter writing campaign is the least effort for the best return.

Well, what you do is try to put down other peoples efforts while sitting there doing nothing but sniping at others efforts and trying to make people think if you support marijuana, voting republican is fine and dandy.  You say you don't do anything, it isn't worth the effort then suddenly your are wasting your time doing the nothing you say you do?  *head spin*

Politicians can only represent some of the constituents because people feel differently about different issues. The letter after their name sends you to a party platform in which they generally support.

And telling a dispensary to tell people what the law says is about the silliest suggestion I seen.  "Hi, dispensaries are illegal in Michigan".  Hahaha.  And realize, they are the ones giving up your rights and using your letters of disdain to get what THEY want, not what YOU want. You literally need to get off you butt and go talk to your representatives. They usually have local coffee hours where you can talk to them. And from there, campaign in your district , ESPESCIALLY in the primaries, to put MMj friendly candidates on the ballot for the general election.  Vote for better republicans or vote for the majority of democrats who do support us.

For all the pettifoggery, just exactly what has either party done to ease Prohibition? Not talk, but real reform?

Have real changes to mj and mmj come through the support of politicians of either party?

Or were the real changes like the MMMA effected by voter initiatives and not by either party?

That is my complaint about the Dems good Repubs bad theory. It is too simplistic.

Several democratic states have passed favorable mj legislation. Actually the only state legislatures to pass mmj legislation(besides CBD only which I don't even consider MMj legislation Republicans for you) are democratic states. Period. Only democratic majority states legislatively pass medical marijuana legislation.  It isnt too simplistic, it is actually pretty black and white. That is why I can never understand how people defend and continue to vote for Republicans when it comes to this topic.

The dem strongholds? A2, flint, detroit, Jackson, etc. are listening and laying off.  One is better than the other in that they lay off a lot of the time. 

Um , yes, exactly.  The only "cool" zones in Michigan are Democratic dominated.  2 plus 2 maybe there Norby?

How else do you suppose we get people to vote for marijuana friendly candidates without talking to them?  And people vote for single issues ALL the time. Heck, most don't even know the names of the people they are voting for on the ballot.

Are you saying that people don't vote for single issues?

Guns, abortions, etc?  For those things yes, mj NO.  Not enough to make a difference or else it wouldn't be the way it is.  guns and abortion have to do with defending oneself and religion, 2 things we don't have behind us.

So, in your view Norby, we should do nothing, embrace apathy, and maybe write a form letter that truly doesn't matter instead of trying to get even one more vote for a better candidate by showing voters the insanity of the anti drug coalitions?

No, just that it isn't the only things we should be doing.

If letters are your only idea, then how about sending Letters to the Editors of all the newspapers.  You can actually reach voters that way. The politicians do not care really, they hear "things are messed up" when you write a letter, so they start trying to pass stuff to make it better, but with republicans in charge, that is impossible. Republicans make it better for the police. That is what they do.

Thanks that's a great idea.  The defeatest attitude is exactly why we're loosing.  If repubs started getting boxes of mail, tehy'd be shocked since they don

t get mail and tehy'd realize it's something they have to worry about cause if these many people will write a letter, something is changing and they better watch if they want to keep their job.

Yes the Democrats ran a much more MMj friendly candidate for governor last time, and the election before that, a VASTLY more marijuana friendly candidate for governor. Oh how different it would have been if Virg Bernero was elected.

I have no clue who he is but voted for the dem for gov. last year but remember people saying he wouldn't be much better.

Well, what you do is try to put down other peoples efforts while sitting there doing nothing but sniping at others efforts and trying to make people think if you support marijuana, voting republican is fine and dandy.  You say you don't do anything, it isn't worth the effort then suddenly your are wasting your time doing the nothing you say you do?  *head spin*

Some of what i write is sarcasm, check if it's answering resto.  I'm not putting down others "efforts" just saying that's been going on for ages and people are fighting against other single vote voters where mj doesn't matter but guns and abortion do, you need those people to write their reps so they know the single issue vote is only long enough till someone else comes along, or that I vote because of abortion, etc. but my will is leave the mj people alone.  So I'm not putting down the aspect but saying it'll NEVER be enough to change things.  It's necessary but alone is a bad "strategy".

Politicians can only represent some of the constituents because people feel differently about different issues. The letter after their name sends you to a party platform in which they generally support.

But when they represent predatory behavior on MJ patients they can be told what they are doing is wrong and people won't stand for it.  Then there are the judges courtrooms, if they don't prosecute because of the outflow of support and the lawyer in closing states that the person is an upstanding memeber and the judge has a packed courtroom of support for mj cases defendants, they can cut off the chain by not prosecuting.

And telling a dispensary to tell people what the law says is about the silliest suggestion I seen.  "Hi, dispensaries are illegal in Michigan".  Hahaha.  And realize, they are the ones giving up your rights and using your letters of disdain to get what THEY want, not what YOU want. You literally need to get off you butt and go talk to your representatives. They usually have local coffee hours where you can talk to them. And from there, campaign in your district , ESPESCIALLY in the primaries, to put MMj friendly candidates on the ballot for the general election.  Vote for better republicans or vote for the majority of democrats who do support us.

One person does nothing, it's the support that matters and the dispensaries all had fliers(that I went to) about testimony the first time around with HBB whatever and whatever, when there was still in it that caregivers can supply dispensaries.  I was going to them back then and talked to them, my budtender gave testimony at the open talks for the bills.  Maybe you should get out and talk to the dispense owners, I don't think they are the same as you have in your head.  They aren

't the ones petitioning for these new bills, they  wanted the old ones which would've legitimized overages going to them.  At least the ones I was going to.

Several democratic states have passed favorable mj legislation. Actually the only state legislatures to pass mmj legislation(besides CBD only which I don't even consider MMj legislation Republicans for you) are democratic states. Period. Only democratic majority states legislatively pass medical marijuana legislation.  It isnt too simplistic, it is actually pretty black and white. That is why I can never understand how people defend and continue to vote for Republicans when it comes to this topic.

Dude, I just came from NYS who are you trying to pull one over on?  They are having it shipped in because of the cartel system.  Cuomo bent over to the republicans.  People vote republican because they don't want their guns taken away or some backwards notion of religion and politics.   Those people ARE NOT going to vote dem for mj for us, get over it.  You have to try but no way I'd hang my hat on it.  Dems don't fight for us, they take us in by default.

Um , yes, exactly.  The only "cool" zones in Michigan are Democratic dominated.  2 plus 2 maybe there Norby?

Are they?  So how is that?  The politicians don't control the cops.  Why do teh cops and judges hit so hard in teh R zones?  Why are the cop unions getting their way?  Something still doesn't work out with that.  Is it the judges in the R places?  The cops?  Why will jackson listen but lansing and grand rapids are pricks and won't listen to the people.  I think there is another angle here I'm not seeing. 

Anyway, ya, I'm not mocking what people are doing just mocking them for thinking it's enough to accomplish anything.  you have to look at this as a war, tehy still are.  You have to find your allies, print up a handout and give reps address' or phone #'s on the back.  That would couple real well with the legalization effort in that legalization is being pushed early by some because of the way patients are being treated, could you write a letter, call or sign my petition for legalization.  Little pamphlet with stories of a 5th grade teachers life being ruined even before conviction for a 4x8 piece of chicken wire, cancer patients having to find hard to get cbd oil somewhere else after their dispense was shut down and the process to get a caregiver that made cbd oil and how long it took.  Stuff like that.  You need to get the word out about the atrocities, find allies to help spread it, etc.

So shoot down my idea if you like but letters in quantity DO matter.  I'm sure they'd do better than waiting till next year and hoping that everybody votes solely on candidates views on MJ.  Do you really think voting matters more than everyonje telling their politicians how to represent them?  Maybe that's part of the problem. 

We got an apology from teh legislature stating tehy didn't know people were that into their pets.  Once they saw they apologized and backed off.  But that was back when people stuck up for each other, it was a different time.  Your right it probably won't matter now, maybe still more than telling people who to vote for but not enough to count.  Just the welcome to it i've got here I realize people won't take 10 minutes and a stamp to try and improve their situation.  They'd rather play the lottery and hope.

I don't know what it is they are so afraid of. The evidence is in, and there is no more reasonable option to hold with the notion that the drug is in any way dangerous

NIDA still funds these crap studies all of the time.

the evidence? look at the news! marijuana causes iq point drop and it causes adhd and it causes suicidal thoughts and depression.

how are you going to discount mountains and mountains of this evidence?

i've talked to legislators at coffee hours, they fake listen , hand you a card and say thanks and then move on to the next schlub. ymmv

I've done the same  many time and coffee hours are when you can go and meet your legislators Mr. Jim Townsend is mine when i first stated going a few years back he was listening to me

about cannabis and the new Law but the last few times he could care less i think he knows today that the Courts  and Leo have just about destroyed what we all had back in 2008  

the evidence? look at the news! marijuana causes iq point drop and it causes adhd and it causes suicidal thoughts and depression.

Thanks

cannabis will do all of this

well let me say it this way using cannabis won't do any of the things posted above Leo and the Courts will 

i've talked to legislators at coffee hours, they fake listen , hand you a card and say thanks and then move on to the next schlub. ymmv

Which is why it is necessary to find a way to leave a lasting impression. This is very simple. You just gotta be smarter than a politician. If you can find a way to do that without selling your soul, you're doing great.

Those studies have been debunked. All of them. Theirs is not a matter of factual finding, but of ego and agenda. I stay with the good fight, keep banging the drum, and, above all else, schmooze. You?

We are up against money interests that want marijuana gone out of the equation. They don't have to speak the truth.

It's like stock;

Marijuana up = Pills (and other false cures) down. Drug lobby is our opposition

Marijuana up = Alcohol down. Alcohol lobby is our opposition.

Marijuana up = Prison industry down. Law enforcement lobby is our opposition.

Free marijuana up = Dispensary industry down. The dispensary lobby is our opposition. Same with labs.

The only thing we have on our side is unselfish truths, which don't seem to get much traction in the short run. The truth always wins in the long run so be prepared for the long fight. 

We are up against money interests that want marijuana gone out of the equation. They don't have to speak the truth.

It's like stock;

Marijuana up = Pills (and other false cures) down. Drug lobby is our opposition

Marijuana up = Alcohol down. Alcohol lobby is our opposition.

Marijuana up = Prison industry down. Law enforcement lobby is our opposition.

Free marijuana up = Dispensary industry down. The dispensary lobby is our opposition. Same with labs.

The only thing we have on our side is unselfish truths, which don't seem to get much traction in the short run. The truth always wins in the long run so be prepared for the long fight. 

I normaly dont agree with alot of what you say, but you are right on with this one!

every one download vote spotter on your phone, if you dont agree with what your rep's are doing you can vote on it and send them email, letters or phone calls!

vote spotter is a tool every one in this site should use as often as you can!

Trump said he would protect our 2nd amendment rights, I have to say that means way more to me than legal mmj!  I will die to keep my weapons, I have never shot any one and hopefuly never will, but if the chance should arise, it would realy suck for the criminals to have weapons and law abiding citizens not be allowed to,

You can take my pt card and grow card and stick it where the sun dont shine, I was better of being ilegal than legal before our law!  I dont get better smoke now, since I was old enough to live on my own I had good mj! and I dont plan on that changing,,,,so looking back at my 2nd amendment rights, I guess I will be one of the crooks with a gun or 20!

Peace

Whose going to take your guns Phaq?  :lolu:

That's like saying they are gonna take your free speech.

Idiotic. 

You were part of the group  that said Obama was going to take everyones guns.  Hahahaha... OMG too funny.  Still got your gun? does everyone else still have their guns?  Even people on the terrorist watch list still have their guns...

NYS.  It happens in the middle of the nite when teh politicians trade their votes.  It happens in NJ when anyone in the country buys a SMART gun(fingerprint or ring activated).  The first one in the country sold immediately makes every gun in NJ that is not a smart gun, ILLEGAL.  Look it up!  The extreme anti gun politicians are just as much of a deterrent to gun legislature as are the NRA.  And you can thank them that we'll never get smart guns!  When Cuomo passed the SAFE ACT("assault rifle" ban expanding the definition of an assault rifle, mandatory registration of assault rifles already there, background check for purchasing ammo, only 7 rounds aloud in a 10 round clip and banned all clips over 10 rounds and a felony charge for each one found over 10 rnds.) passed so shittily it made all officers of the law leave their weapons behind while entering school grounds and every weapon they use illegal because the clips are over 10 rounds.  And the state police and most others won't enforce it.  It passed by 5 counties around NYC and alabny CO and the WHOLE rest of the state voted against it.

Whose going to take your guns Phaq?  :lolu:

That's like saying they are gonna take your free speech.

Idiotic. 

You were part of the group  that said Obama was going to take everyones guns.  Hahahaha... OMG too funny.  Still got your gun? does everyone else still have their guns?  Even people on the terrorist watch list still have their guns...

The all Mighty mal has spoken.

LOL You said that already. How about that marijuana you were getting in 2007? You had quite the source!

bawahahahaha  Im using a dinasaur laptop, so the double post was a boo boo!

How about the mj I have been getting since at least 1980?  Do you think grow rooms and out door grows got here in 08 lol?

My taiste buddz dont work, so the only thing I can actualy taiste is a strain with lemon in it, and I can taiste smoothness and how it effects me and others!  Im also nose blind to the smell, but every one that comes here says smells good lol!

and all I am doing at this time is drying and curing plants my c.g gives me,,,,,,,yes gives me as in free, nada, zip, nothing!  I have'nt ran into some one yet that dont like what I always have.

Peace

So, that explains the invasion of republican miscreants from New York mucking up our MJ law and sucking up our welfare Resources.

They sheet on their own lawn and move here to greener pastures just to sheet on our lawns, then complain.

I hope you heal.  You're a very angry person.  I'm terribly sorry they are taking you're welfare away but I'm not responsible for that.

I hope you heal. You're a very angry person. I'm terribly sorry they are taking you're welfare away but I'm not responsible for that.

To know me is to love me.

You don't know me very well but You can't seem to quit me.

Angry, hell yeah, look at what the fknrepublicans have done to the state and country.

You darn right we are angry, and we are doing something about it.

We are registering to Vote all republicans out.

Edited by beourbud

To know me is to love me.

You don't know me very well but You can't seem to quit me.

Angry, hell yeah, look at what the fknrepublicans have done to the state and country.

You darn right we are angry, and we are doing something about it.

We are registering to Vote all republicans out.

Dude, you are the one who replied to me and is constantly attacking me.  I said nothing to you. 

And good for you, I don;t know why you think I'm a republican or think I care what you are doing.  You seem confused?

I replied to Phaqs and Mals comment, but if you have nothing better to do....