New Medical Marijuana Laws Set Industry 'on Steroids'

bobandtorey

Why don't you answer some questions instead of expecting everyone to answer you?  Don't you think that people deserve to have their questions answered too?  You Zap and Mal do this ALL the time.  You drop out, dont answer any of the hard questions and highlight exactly what you want to answer and then expect everyone to give you guys all the answers YOU want and all the research YOU ask for.  And then you just dispbelieve it. 

So do you now believe in testing facilities or do you still think they are nothing but a scam.  I notice you brag about test results when it suits you and then think all testing facilities are just scams all the rest of the time.  Care to answer that one or the other one about CBD content in your strains and a link to the test?

Not published. I have headband. OG Kush. Original Chem D. They range from .03 % to .18% CBD naturally. 

I come at this as a caregiver. Looking for inclusiveness for caregivers. Making things easier. And as a patient with a few qualifying conditions. 

It seems like the CBD people in this thread are coming at this in a marketing attempt. Exclusiveness. And with information that doesn't match what I have found in decades of anecdotal evidence. 

And we know people are buying it because companies advertising the product say so? From my perspective, I've seen the majority of CBD-only product companies, whether extracting from hemp or medical marijuana, have completely disappeared in the past 5-6 years, sometimes pursuant to complaints to the FDA regarding composition or medical claims, sometimes not. New players come up all the time, make a big deal about how high-CBD, low-THC marijuana is the big rage and works so well, but then they are out of business a few weeks or months later.

Any long-term players that are making loads of money selling CBD-only concoctions?

A lot of cbd sellers went away because the dea made visits or sent them letters saying cbd is still illegal. 

I have, no effect at all. But that is just one person, and really nothing in the scheme of things. The only thing that makes me question this at all beyond "it doesn't work by itself" is a small number of people, like yourself and a few others on this site, claiming it works wonders. Then I see some studies claiming higher efficacy in treating certain conditions, for cannabis which includes CBD. It is interesting, and there is quite a bit of news lately on it (albeit mostly embedded with links to companies that manufacture preparations with industrial hemp extract or crystallized CBD isolate).

But it doesn't change the fact that I know very few people who have found high-CBD, low-THC preparations effective in treatment, whether they can tolerate THC or not.

It's really rare to find anyone who has tried hi CBD and lo THC because the cuts aren't hardly out there to be found.  I don't use only CBD I'm at about 50/50 and so are most of the others I've found get relief. You and resto  seem to be judging it of no value or of very little and not really needed. I do know a couple people who smoke just cannatonic when going out and do hi THC at home. I do know a few parents of autistic kids who use solely CBD and get good results.  Of course you wouldn't hear as much about it since it's just not out there like hi THC products are but the dispense down the street says any hi CBD products fly off the shelves as soon as it comes in.  People are starting to experiment and finding it's invaluable to certain conditions and makes the anxiety non existent if they have anxiety problems with strait THC. 

Just because you haven't been exposed to it doesn't mean it's not true.  Science doesn't care what you believe or don't believe.  Read the one on broken bones and the one on public speaking and social anxiety disorder and do some searches on your own WITH AN OPEN MIND, instead of tryng to just prove the opposite of what we say.  You may find things different than what you believe.

Not published. I have headband. OG Kush. Original Chem D. They range from .03 % to .18% CBD naturally. 

SO basically you don't work with CBD strains.  Those aren't even CBD rich let alone dominant or hi CBD.  Just like I thought.

If you got them tested they'd be on a site to see.

Edited by ANHEMP

I come at this as a caregiver. Looking for inclusiveness for caregivers. Making things easier. And as a patient with a few qualifying conditions. 

It seems like the CBD people in this thread are coming at this in a marketing attempt. Exclusiveness. And with information that doesn't match what I have found in decades of anecdotal evidence. 

Oh ya, that's right I can sell to anyone and I produce enough to make me rich.  Paranoid much?  Only coming at it that way because you said our patients were brainwashed and arborside was scamming people so.......

Inclusiveness for caregivers.  if that were the case you'd not try calling us caregivers liars.  You came at this by putting down caregivers who were trying to teach you something about our experiences.

SO basically you don't work with CBD strains.  Those aren't even CBD rich let alone dominant or hi CBD.  Just like I thought.

If you got them tested they'd be on a site to see.

I'm a caregiver and no one wants it or needs it. I help people. That's it. There's no need for it here. I'm limited on plant count and weight. I can't afford to use my legal space for something that's not helping anyone. I've been doing this since the 70's. Seen a lot. I'm being brutally honest with you.

Oh ya, that's right I can sell to anyone and I produce enough to make me rich.  Paranoid much?  Only coming at it that way because you said our patients were brainwashed and arborside was scamming people so.......

Inclusiveness for caregivers.  if that were the case you'd not try calling us caregivers liars.  You came at this by putting down caregivers who were trying to teach you something about our experiences.

I started this page asking and you just pile crap on top of it.

I'm a caregiver and no one wants it or needs it. I help people. That's it. There's no need for it here. I'm limited on plant count and weight. I can't afford to use my legal space for something that's not helping anyone. I've been doing this since the 70's. Seen a lot. I'm being brutally honest with you.

So you have or haven't grown a hi CBD plant and offered it to your patients?  You say that no one wants it but you've never even grown it or offered it. 

But you can find plenty of CBD in most all great strains. If a high CBD clone (without THC) was really needed you could find them. Most folks throw rocks at that stuff because all it does is give you a headache (without the THC). But if you want no THC then just remove it.

Harborside is a vulture that spreads pure BS for money. We both know you can get what you need for your pain with the strains you already have. You bought into the BS hype from Harborside. Or one of your patients is brainwashed. 

This is how you started since I have to refresh your memory!

Edited by ANHEMP

I have grown high cbd for years now. It works for some people and doesn't work for others. Some of my patients like high cbd and others will not touch it.

High cbd helps with seizures, and numerous other ailments.

Yes, some people don't want to get high, but like the high cbd and low thc.

Using a high cbd edible will relax the body, you feel tingling in the legs as it does its wonders.

High cbd is not for everyone! It does work though.

This is specifically why I was asking for studies, FYI. My anecdotal experience is not enough for me to say whether it does or doesn't work by itself. Very specifically, I know a tiny number of people who use both high-CBD, low-THC herb to good effect, and one that uses a CBD isolate-based tincture.

I would note that each of them that I know also promotes it for sale, by themselves or others.

I'd argue it is a unique product that has some market value based on curiosity, but that most who try find it ineffective.

And I've given you anecdotal and studies and you still treat it like a scam.  Whatever.  So far I've seen no one say that it works for everyone on it's own.  Just that it works for a lot of people in conjunction with ALL of the cannabinoids found in MJ and that some CAN'T handle THC and some it works miracles for on it's own.  So you are the one arguing with yourself on this.  A lot of people use it by itself and find it effective.  A lot use it in conjunction and find it effective.  No worse nor better than pure THC. Just different.  I don't understand why anyone would want to downplay ANY of the medicines found in MJ but here you are.  Running an MMMA site and shitting on CBD.  Like it's placebo or curiosity.

Curiosity, ya that's it. 

So how much did this oven cost that stays within +- 4f so as to not destroy the CBD?

You should stick to giving info on things you've done and proven not your wild theories.

Don't you think it's dangerous to tell someone they can get CBD without turning all the THC to CBN which can have bad effects on heart defects?  Would you want to tell that to your friend Mal or try an experiment by giving him some of this theorized oil?  See if he'd try it. :)

I can attest to the benefits of High CBD products. Work great, personally I prefer them in edible form as I do most of my Cannabis Medicine. Shame that more people don't get their stuff tested. I personally would demand from a caregiver that it is tested at least once a year. I don't see why one wouldn't. I mean you are in bed with a variety for 4 months typically and you don't want to spend a few bucks to see what you produced. I spot check the same variety just to see if they numbers are being maintained.

So how much did this oven cost that stays within +- 4f so as to not destroy the CBD?

You should stick to giving info on things you've done and proven not your wild theories.

Don't you think it's dangerous to tell someone they can get CBD without turning all the THC to CBN which can have bad effects on heart defects?  Would you want to tell that to your friend Mal or try an experiment by giving him some of this theorized oil?  See if he'd try it. :)

That's not how it works. You don't just hand it out to everyone and hope it works. You interview your patients so you can decide on a specific treatment for them.

In Mal's case I would find out he likes strains with THC because they help with his seizures. I would find out he has heart palpitations. I wouldn't give him any cannabis oil. He would actually be an easy patient. Rotate a few good strains (with above average THC) for him and he would be happy as he can be not growing, which probably wouldn't be that happy because he loves to grow. 

For me, it's not a crap shoot guessing from lab results. I have decades of personal experience with patients to draw upon to decide how to help each individual the best. And I have strains that have been the best around since the 80's. 

I've been doing this since the 70's.? 

Really ? i just started in 2008 Lol

That's not how it works. You don't just hand it out to everyone and hope it works. You interview your patients so you can decide on a specific treatment for them.

In Mal's case I would find out he likes strains with THC because they help with his seizures. I would find out he has heart palpitations. I wouldn't give him any cannabis oil. He would actually be an easy patient. Rotate a few good strains (with above average THC) for him and he would be happy as he can be not growing, which probably wouldn't be that happy because he loves to grow. 

For me, it's not a crap shoot guessing from lab results. I have decades of personal experience with patients to draw upon to decide how to help each individual the best. And I have strains that have been the best around since the 80's. 

Personal experience heat treating oil to get the THC out and use just the CBD?  Didn't think so.  So why you'd recommend it to anyone has to be your ego getting in the way of seeing what's possibly dangerous or at least lies and whats good for patients.  You wouldn't have even thought of the raised CBN levels had someone not told you about it.

Guessing from lab results?  Either you trust them or you don't.  You seem to trust them when it suits you and then bunny muffin on them when it doesn't.  Can't have it both ways.

And you still haven't told me where you got the oven that stays +-4f so you can even accomplish what you've never done but are recommending to others.

It doesn't work quite like that. You don't have to strictly stay below the CBD boiling point. Substances resist boiling at their boiling point. So the CBD would resist boiling off as the THC boiled, adjusting the ratio of THC to CBD. I haven't ever ran into a single patient in over 30 years who needed this. But I'm willing to help you with the chemistry involved in your theoretical journey with CBD. I see this exercise as a way around having to hunt down some special strain someone is holding hostage and touting as the only way to help people. I like to be inclusive, not exclusive. You help more people being inclusive. Cannabis has been the victim of so many dams to helping people. Dams made of fear. Dams made for money. Dams out of ignorance. Bust the dam dams whenever you encounter them. 

Edited by Restorium2

Personal experience heat treating oil to get the THC out and use just the CBD?  Didn't think so.  So why you'd recommend it to anyone has to be your ego getting in the way of seeing what's possibly dangerous or at least lies and whats good for patients.  You wouldn't have even thought of the raised CBN levels had someone not told you about it.

Guessing from lab results?  Either you trust them or you don't.  You seem to trust them when it suits you and then bunny muffin on them when it doesn't.  Can't have it both ways.

That is true. I learned specifically about cannabis chemistry from these people back in '08; https://skunkpharmresearch.com/

I already had a basic understanding of chemistry from attending college back in the 80's for basic organic chemistry.

That is true. I learned specifically about cannabis chemistry from these people back in '08; https://skunkpharmresearch.com/

I already had a basic understanding of chemistry from attending college back in the 80's for basic organic chemistry.

So that's where you got the misinformation about not being able to decarb past 70% without loosing THC?  They decarbed on a plate heated from teh bottom instead of an oven.  Maybe you should look for new information?

And as for CBD not boiling off aat the boiling point, the same is true for THC, no?  So it matters not either way because they both act the same.  trying to bust the dams where I encounter them but some people are too set in building them to listen.  Maybe you should read better and understand what you are learning and saying before passing it on as dogma.

It's a heck of a lot easier and less wasteful to just find a hi CBD cut. People aren't hording them they just aren't in that much demand because people keep calling it a scam and saying patients are brainwashed if they think they need CBD and that THC is the "real" medicine.  It's all real medicine.