Any cartridge recommendations?

15 hours ago, Highlander said:

I like the Ooze pens with adjustable voltage (mostly due to battery life).  You can get pens with voltage adjusted by hitting the button some number of times or other pens with a manual dial to adjust the voltage.  I'm a low-tech kinda person, so I prefer the manual adjustment.

But the cartridge is more important than the pen/battery.

The pens/cartridges we can buy are mostly born in the tobacco industry.  If someone can find a way to make a pen/cartridge combo that's easily refillable with pure cannabis oil, he or she would probably cash-in.

Thanks!

Which one of these Ooze kits would work the best with pure 100% cannabis oil?

https://www.oozelife.com/collections/kits

11 hours ago, zeebudz said:

So I contacted PSI Labs to ask why those Instagram results (@got_clean_meds seems to be largely relying on @herbandlegend) weren't showing up and they told me that their website is being updated so no 2019 results yet. Also that clients don't have to post their results (although herbandlegend seems to be independently sending samples out.) I am going to assume for now that those Instagram accounts are posting legit results.

THANKS SHISHKA - I OWE YOU ONE!

So there are no cartridges available that don't have some sort of bad additives? No real deal 100% cannabis oil?

The gusher globe (ooze brand) works a treat.

Just a dab pen type, but I've used oil and rosin.  Small, convenient and CHEAP (get mine from wild Bill's tobacco for around 10 bucks).  Nice thing because they're cheap, is when it fouls up, just toss and grab a new one.

Another option (not a cart or concentrate device) is the pax. I've got a pax 2 and it does a fantastic job at vaporizing the oil from your finely ground flower (too coarse, and you don't get all the oils out; I just use a regular handheld grinder).  There is a slight learning curve to them, and while you never get 100 percent of oil vaporized, I've found it to be more efficient that combustion and a heck of a lot easier on the lungs.  Plus, the flavor is effing BEAUTIFUL!  You get full flavor of your flower's oil, until the load starts to dry, then a bit of a toast/popcorn flavor.  I highly recommend the pax 2, but is the only higher end bud vape I've used besides my volcano. I've used cheaper flower vape devices, and they haven't been as good. Avoid devices with a lot of plastic, it melts.  I prefer the pax over my volcano, even.

My 2 cents

Edited by Phil69
Forgot to mention gusher globe is an ooze product

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

Where have you been buying these that they don't have the testing results right with your purchase?

The rules say it has to be tested with the results included. 

Not sure how they even made it to the market with bad testing results. 

There was only a short time during in Jan & Feb that only verified products were supposed to be sold at dispensaries. Crappy selection, high prices (of course, I fully expect tested items to cost more but it should also be of high quality which I didn't experience to be the case.) 

What really is irksome is that a manufacturer can still test and simply not release the results if they are unfavorable. Fully expect that this is just a transitional phase until compliance testing (Rule 31).

5 minutes ago, zeebudz said:

There was only a short time during in Jan & Feb that only verified products were supposed to be sold at dispensaries. Crappy selection, high prices (of course, I fully expect tested items to cost more but it should also be of high quality which I didn't experience to be the case.) 

What really is irksome is that a manufacturer can still test and simply not release the results if they are unfavorable. Fully expect that this is just a transitional phase until compliance testing (Rule 31).

Dispo Bay City tells me that the rules are scheduled to switch back March 31. They are hoping for an extension because $300 an ounce isn't going to work for many. Right now if the product is untested the patient must sign a disclaimer. Prices per ounce vary from $40 for shake to around $250 for the best. Nice selection. When the rules go back there will be only a few choices and all of it overpriced. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

So there are no cartridges available that don't have some sort of bad additives? No real deal 100% cannabis oil?

Unfortunately it seems that these are few and far between. Mary's Medicinals, Mitten Meds, Claw, seem to be reliable. There is also now a concern of counterfeits and companies are starting to serial number/hologram their products (which are ALSO starting to be counterfeited). 

Depressing situation. This is really bad news and not just for the immunocompromised.

And also some of the biggest names - Platinum, FlavRx, Midknight Xpress (MKX) and others - are VERY problematic. One Instagrammer has a screen shot of a MKX analysis that had pesticides and Midknight supposedly altered the results before removing their Instagram account. And that was my favorite oil. UGG.

Another problem is that a company can always post a good report and a consumer will assume that this applies to a completely different batch from the same company.

And flower? Forget about relying on a testing report until there is a complete chain of custody.

Edited by zeebudz

37 minutes ago, zeebudz said:

Another problem is that a company can always post a good report and a consumer will assume that this applies to a completely different batch from the same company.

And flower? Forget about relying on a testing report until there is a complete chain of custody.

I don't trust the labs anyway. I think they take bribes. 

8 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Which pesticide are they finding most of the time? 

carbaryl (Sevin) - banned in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, etc

myclobutanbil - banned in Canada, Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Allowed in MI cannabis at a 200 ppb limit

bifenazate (Floramite) for mites - low toxicity. Carcinogenic properties NOT tested as it is viewed as a "non-food" use

piperonyl butoxide - enhances the action of other pesticides like pyrethrum

trifloxystrobin - fungicide

bifenthrin - high aquatic toxicity

Saw a Platinum Vapes result that tested positive for EIGHT different pesticides...

12 hours ago, zeebudz said:

carbaryl (Sevin) - banned in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, etc

myclobutanbil - banned in Canada, Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Allowed in MI cannabis at a 200 ppb limit

bifenazate (Floramite) for mites - low toxicity. Carcinogenic properties NOT tested as it is viewed as a "non-food" use

piperonyl butoxide - enhances the action of other pesticides like pyrethrum

trifloxystrobin - fungicide

bifenthrin - high aquatic toxicity

Saw a Platinum Vapes result that tested positive for EIGHT different pesticides...

I guess that's what you get when you get commercial farming involved. The nuke option. They surely aren't going to have any freakin' mites or mold. That would be just terrible! Poison will take care of that. No mold or bugs on their weed. 

Besides all the moo poo of toxic chemicals that can EASILY be fudged in lab reports.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vape+carts+testing+heavy+metals&oq=vape+carts+testing+heavy+metals&aqs=chrome..69i57.7434j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Dont smoke vape carts. OR do and dont listen to us.  I dont really care i guess but i wont touch that bunny muffin no matter what a piece of paper says.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:35 PM, Highlander said:

I bought an Ooze pen and a thick pyrex adjustable cartridge.

Took some of my winterized cannabis oil and filtered it again so it would be the smoothest it can be.

Tried that last night and it worked excellent.

Nice smooth hits of pure cannabis oil vape smoke. 

Liked it so much I'm going to buy a second for a spare with a larger cartridge. 

Thanks for the help!

5 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I bought an Ooze pen and a thick pyrex adjustable cartridge.

Took some of my winterized cannabis oil and filtered it again so it would be the smoothest it can be.

Tried that last night and it worked excellent.

Nice smooth hits of pure cannabis oil vape smoke. 

Liked it so much I'm going to buy a second for a spare with a larger cartridge. 

Thanks for the help!

Which cartridge did you buy?  I'm always looking for improvements.

6 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Thanks.  I like how the first one comes apart so there is more room to fill it.

How thick is your oil?  Do you need to heat it to get it to flow when you fill the cartridge?

The winterized and double filtered oil will squirt out of a syringe at room temp. Really thick but it will slowly run down to the bottom of the cartridge. I put it in a warm place, like 100 F, until I used it. Next time I will just try the pre heater on the pen and see if it works as good that way.  These pens are a really nice tool for the oil especially on the run. Probably will not use my oil rig much anymore now. 

Thanks.  I haven't been winterizing because this approach is such a nice improvement I don't feel the need to make that improvement at this time.  My oil is a bit thicker.  I can squish it our of a syringe at room temperature, but it doesn't fill the cartridge very well unless I heat the cartridge a bit.  I have a trusty Volcano that I'll probably never use again.