The process of a patient with a denial letter is in this thread . Injury and Illness complicated their process . After completion the patient feels there have been improvements , Lara officials are polite though confusion exists everywhere and sick , injured , dehabillitated patients cannot be expected to handle complex requirements . Penalties that can result from patients trying a pilot medical program are way to steep causing fear which is very detrimental to patient health . In one patients case the denial letter arrived late but the date on the letter put it in the statuatory timeframe ( 3 weeks sitting in the mail room or backdated to cover for being behind when this is a legally binding document ?) . The patient kept all dated material ( envelopes with post marks ) as timing was crucial to a defense that could result in felonies or worse . Should qualified patients have their program designed so they constantly are subject to situaitons that place them in such risk ? Why is the Citizens Committee designing things this way ?

Card received 5-7

Check cashed 5-09-12

Denial received 6-13-12

New documentation to clear up problem received 6-18-12

With much fear if all would be processed in time to qualfy for renewall

Card is received July 3rd 2012 by letter dated 6-29-12

Lara officials were very helpful though the process until over was never fully comprehended by the patient and it is expecting to much for a sick individual to never make clerical or other errors when disabled . Patient requests all parties involved with the law remember how challenged many are who participate and how severe many prosecutors are treating patients who fear any simple mistake or contact with the " wrong " authorities could result in felony charges with years of prison time attached without normal accomidations to maintain sanity in the face of severe suffering . .

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/40338-denial-letter-on-a-renewal-problems-and-how-to-improve-the-sytstem/page__pid__393669#entry394709

Edited by Croppled1

• 2 weeks later...

This is extremely odd. I sent my renewal out 3 weeks before my dad sent in his new patient application, and I have yet to receive mine but his came in today.

My renewal:

Paper work sent in 5/23, and I have yet to receive my card and it's been about 52 days.

My Dad's new application:

Paper work sent in 6/14

Received Card 7/13, and it was issued on 7/4/12

Is it common for new applications to be issued quicker than renewals? Hoping mine comes in within the next week!!!

Sent in 6/20/12 received card 7/14/12, Not bad at all they are making step in the right direction. That being said i would like to say that i have visited two collectives that were not current with the latest MMP rules, They required that you bring a copy of the cashed check even if you mailed certified mail and had a copy of the check you sent. The MMMA helped me file and i was shown what paperwork was required to be legal, and the third collective knew the current rules and accepted me with my paperwork. Sorry kinda got off topic just a little upset, but now i have my card and all is well.

• 3 weeks later...