Called LARA a few days ago to check to see if I was in the registry for being a caregiver for a patient. My card expired May 1st, paperwork sent in first week of April. Renewals and new patients sent in the past several months, crap on that everything at once, I am not registered as anything right now. They told me that they tell everyone to call after 90 days it is too soon to call before that because they don't have "things" caught up yet. So I sit with expired cards, no info in their registry, so cop runs my info and nothing there! How does paperwork protect you if your not even in their system. It's not like I am new either, gees what the heck are you suppose to do. I'm sticking my neck on the line growing and using myself not even counting the patients. Duck, duck, goose.

i mailed mine out april 10th, check cashed the 12th or 13th i believe... just got my card in today june 6th

2 months i can live with that :)

note: i had a card before hand.. let it expire for about 4 months and instead of doing a renewal i sent in a new app

Folks .. I think they heard us.

20 days. It's the law.

It also looks like things are beginning to move about new conditions. Looks like ..

Is there one single thing we could spotlight? Just one thing at a time.

How about "where do I report this?" referring to system abuse of patients.

I'll let you know soon about my card soon - it certainly looks like things have been faster as of late. My check was cashed last Friday (5/11). I have to say, the waiting period until I'm legal is killing me. Mostly, I'm anxious to see if it will work for my pain. I will be so glad to trade in the Vicodin for Cannabis. I am a bit concerned after jumping through all these hoops that it won't be effective, it would be so disappointing.

I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees and every step is painful. Does anyone else has experience with osteoarthritis and Cannabis? I find that if I take a combo of ibuprofen and vicodin it definitely helps, so I'm hoping the anti-inflammatory and pain-killing properties of Cannabis offer me as good or better relief (and safer than the Vicodin).

For those of you wondering about knee replacements, I'm under 40, and none of the three orthopedic surgeons I consulted with wanted to do a knee replacement at my age.

Give it a bit of time it is sad but you may need to build a therapuetic dose up in your system for it to work which precludes you from driving or working for others who test . I found it covered pain the narcotics never touched that were part of my chronic problems as well as reduced toxicity and enabled me to better tolerate the FDA meds and hormonal issues they and my injuries caused . Waiting on my card ..never pleasant with criminality involved creating more patient stress .

Edited by Croppled1

Has anyone noticed last year's annual report of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program came out in April and made all the papers, but so far not a peep on this year's report? Where the heck is it, it is two months over due.

Dr. Bob

Mailed 6/03/12

Check cashed 6/07/12

When do you guys think I will recieve my actual card? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If I sent my paperwork through the mailbox, and my check cashed, I just have to wait 21 days until i'm legal? Just staple a copy of my cashed check to my papers?

If I sent my paperwork through the mailbox, and my check cashed, I just have to wait 21 days until i'm legal? Just staple a copy of my cashed check to my papers?

yeah 21 days not sure if it's when they cash the check or when you send it via usps anyone know? Edited by ryan1918

ok, I talked to LARA and they said they are backed up and still completing applications for May 2012

That must be incorrect and I am sure you did not talk to some one at LARA (lol).

The lying sob's just testified before the Senate Judiciary committee that they are all caught up and print the cards within 2-3 days after processing.

This was testimony that there was no need to outsource their jobs since they are now all caught up. Seems they forgot to mention it takes them 80 plus days from the cashing of the check to "processing"! Testimony starts at 28 minutes.

Edited by semicaregiver

Obviously Rae is lying "....that they are all caught up..." at about 51 minutes into the recording .....I know several RENEWALS sent in April, 2012, renew for May, 2012, that are not out --- or in the possession of the owners. Further, it is now mid- JUNE , 2012, for them to be "caught up" that would mean they have the applications and renewals for the first two weeks in June, 2012, processed and issued.

I also noticed they were NOT sworn -- so they can lie without penalty (If someone cut out or did not record swearing in I did not see it).....if they were sworn, this is grounds for perjury.....

Someone should send Jones a copy of this recording with the proof they are not "....all caught up..." as His "tough on crime" stance should mean He seeks prosecution for them lying to them.....I doubt it though, the

likes of Jones only wants to lock up people He dislikes (and does not work with......)....

M

This applies here as a patient was sent a denial letter late putting them at risk there is NO form letter from SSD that will satisfy the State now don't use the automated system to obtain your discount letter . You must talk to a " Agent " and have them type a letter stating your on SSD if that is your qualification and your determination is over 5 years ago . They no where make this clear on the LARA site and some at SSD will also try to send a form letter ' Statement of Benefits " which always satisfied patient needs on other programs used by Government . I talked to someone today that was confused whom the State sent a denial letter to way past the proper timeframe . They spoke with two staff members at LARA neither could explain how their renewal would not be interupted or agreed on what would happen next . The patient was very afraid they would not be convered at this point even if their paperwork was re-sent in before the expiration date and it was too close to now to wait for a new letter from SSD . They had sent in two months early . . LARA officials did answer phones now but differed widely on the proper flow of their renewal one saying their would be a gap in coverage with monies applied for renewal kept a year another was saying their was a 60 day protection built into the system so they would be active if law enforcement checked the system . They were told if they sent in the money because getting proper documentation now in time was impossible they could get a refund only after the card was later issued . We all know that can take several months . When your sick and can't function at will or drive deadlines or appoinments are terrifying . People who are disabled need one sentance explanations ,very simple rules and visual or written references . The rumors cards or denials are coming on time is wrong . May God protect this individual and all patients who need very simple easy to follow rules for the weakest and sickest among them . This means also the bedridden and individuals confined to homes in decline struggling with daily activities ! We have had recorded deaths from individuals too taxed to defend themselves against the system . How is it the rules committee is making so many hoops for individuals and our lawmakers have not changed the law to reflect that having plants is no longer indicative or enough standard of proof alone of a intent to distribute . The very first paragraphs of the Act state the Citizens of Michigan recognize marihuana has medical uses . Why does the State of Michigan through it's court's enforce it as schedule 1 almost 4 years later ?

There are allot of people on this program that appear normal but that can't be handcuffed behind their backs , placed in patrol cars with dependent medications missed or held up even for a few hours and Law Enforcement even Doctors are not trained to properly or always have the temperment to care for them . If you have one patient in fear then the Legislators , Administration , Law Enforcement , and the Judicial System is failing in their jobs . Before this Act those least able to withstand law enforcement actions were so removed from public veiw they often felt much safer when they had access .

Edited by Croppled1

My take on this issue..

They are trying to save their bs jobs. The heat is on now, time to shiz or get off the pot. ( no pun intended )

I would bet someone in Lansing will make a few calls to verify some cards dispositions.. If done on the sly the cat is out of the bag.

Edited by Fat Freddy

My take on this issue..

They are trying to save their bs jobs. The heat is on now, time to shiz or get off the pot. ( no pun intended )

I would bet someone in Lansing will make a few calls to verify some cards dispositions.. If done on the sly the cat is out of the bag.

I am sure you were commenting on the whole thread but to reply in context to the post previous to yours .

What is most confusing to many patients is when to renew it makes no sense it needs to be twenty days before your expiration so the renewal is valid .If that is true they need to publish it be received a month before expiration to be safe criminality is nothing to fool around with and patients should not have their care threatened and negatively impacted like is happening . Actually in case of a denial from a clerical mistake which the disabled will do it would need to be sent in earlier . Usually in any business a postmark before the expiration is valid or at least that it is received by that date . No employee of LARA would answer that question they started talking about the 60 days or 20 days and were very confusing for the disabled patient with cognitive impairment who has no idea what is best for them to do ? Send in money they haven't budgeted for and hope it is refunded after they send in proof later or wait for the SSD letter that should probally arive 4 days before expiration with one day of assistance to have it resent ( patients can't drive Koons decission ) . Obviously if they can send in the money it is better then risking arrest . One staff said they would have a gap until 20 days after the new SSD letter or $75 check was sent in regardless which meant a late denial letter truly was a huge problem and poeple must have paperwork in 21 days before their expiration in perfect order hard to do 100% for truly disabled individuals .

Having a person to talk to at LARA is a improvement over a year ago . However the sick and disabled often have a hard time asking the proper questions and need simple answers and intuitive responses that calm any fears . The directions keep becoming more and more complicated and confusing .

It is going to be warm this weekend drink water stay hydrated . Watch patients sensitive to heat .

Edited by Croppled1