Provisioning Center Bill Reps Co-Sponsor

The list is out on who is co-sporing the Dispenasry Bill. Tell them how you feel about it.

Dear Rep,

It has come to the attention of the medical marijuana patients of Michigan that you are among a group of 16 reps that have co-sponsored a provision center bill. We are very concerned that this bill would turn things negatively for the patients of Michigan by creating an environment where the legal caregiver/patient model would be harmed. It's been a lot of work to get the network set up legally to supply the many patients of Michigan and we believe we have done a good job of this, considering the limitations to stay firmly legal. We have went to great efforts to teach at least one of every 5 patients to grow so we can become self sufficient and keep the commercial interests out of our medicine. We can't afford to support these commercial interests with the mark up they place on our medicine. We would rather be self sufficient and be proud examples of that. So please do not support a provision center bill that would change the landscape of medical cannabis in Michigan. We are working on strictly following the changes outlined by the legislature and the clarifications offered by the Supreme Court. We see that things are workable as long as there are no more changes at this time. Please let us work with what we have for a while and let's see where we are in a few years. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Phil Cavanagh

PC@philcavanagh.com

Jon Bumstead

JonBumstead@house.mi.gov

Brandon Dillon

Brandon@brandondillon.com

Peter Pettalia

PeterPettalia@house.mi.gov

Jim Ananich

JimAnanich@house.mi.gov

Tom McMillin

TomMcMillin@house.mi.gov

Ken Yonker

ken@kenyonker.com

Sam Singh

votesamsingh@gmail.com

Frank Foster

FrankFoster@house.mi.gov

Kevin Daley

KevinDaley@house.mi.gov

Phil Potvin

PhilPotvin@house.mi.gov

Marcia Hovey-Wright

MarciaHoveyWright@house.mi.gov

Greg MacMaster

GregMacMaster@house.mi.gov

Jeff Irwin

JeffIrwin@house.mi.gov

Woodrow Stanley

Tom Stallworth

cburns@house.mi.gov

Edited by Restorium2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Resto

Rallying the troops on this now!

You are welcome. It's working. After the fifth unique email that I emailed Yonker, I see his mail box is full now. Please send some emails to these reps so they know they have our attention. The dispensary folks say they have this fast tracked right up to the signature by the governor. Even if you don't see the danger of dispensaries, I'm sure you can see the danger of things being fast tracked behind our backs. It can't be good. Not good at all. We need transparency, not fast tracking. If the dispensary advocate hadn't been bragging it up last night, on a 'social networking web site', we wouldn't even know what was going on behind our backs that directly effects US.

Edited by Restorium2

Let them know what? That you or I don't support any new Laws ? Or the one that they are supporting is wrong?

Or your way is better then theirs or you / us/ don't support any centers that may or may not help people get the kind of meds they need or I need or you need

In your world nothing will change ether way

you have all you and your 5 Patient need ?

So am staying Neutral ?

Edited by bobandtorey

I think that anyone who believes that there will be no dispensaries is deluded. The only way the government can effectively tax cannabis is at point of sale. Permits and licenses to grow would not generate as much income as sales tax.

What we need to do is to make sure that the dispensary laws do not conflict with, change or compromise the existing MMMA in any way shape or form.

Any dispensary legislation should be "stand alone" and apply only to dispensaries. It should not effect any current caregiver/patient laws. A second distinct option to obtain medical cannabis, not a replacement for the current system.

I think that anyone who believes that there will be no dispensaries is deluded. The only way the government can effectively tax cannabis is at point of sale. Permits and licenses to grow would not generate as much income as sales tax. I agree how many caregivers that grow at home do you think that will tell the government any thing about what they do at home

What we need to do is to make sure that the dispensary laws do not conflict with, change or compromise the existing MMMA in any way shape or form.

Again I agree but first things first how has the Law worked IMHO it has not worked in the court rooms until it does for all I can't support anything

Any dispensary legislation should be "stand alone" and apply only to dispensaries. It should not effect any current caregiver/patient laws. A second distinct option to obtain medical cannabis, not a replacement for the current system.

I think that anyone who believes that there will be no dispensaries is deluded. The only way the government can effectively tax cannabis is at point of sale. Permits and licenses to grow would not generate as much income as sales tax.

I agree with this. I am an advocate for alternative means of aqcuistion, as long is it does not harm the current Pt/Cg model.

Excellent. Tell them. Let them know you care.

Let them know what? That you or I don't support any new Laws ? Or the one that they are supporting is wrong?

Or your way is better then theirs or you / us/ don't support any centers that may or may not help people get the kind of meds they need or I need or you need

In your world nothing will change ether way

you have all you and your 5 Patient need ?

So am staying Neutral ?

If you read one of my letters you know what I think Bob. I spell it out. You should tell them what you think too. I made it easy for you. Just take your pick of co sponsors and tell them what you want. Tell all of them what you want. I'm sure they would like to hear it.

And that might just be the problem. CG's are not required to pay sales tax. Most I'm sure are not even paying income tax.

Edit to add: If you think any of us can stop the government once they smell money, well you have rose colored glasses on. Not that I agree, it's just the way it is.

Edited by shishka

And that might just be the problem. CG's are not required to pay sales tax. Most I'm sure are not even paying income tax.

Edit to add: If you think any of us can stop the government once they smell money, well you have rose colored glasses on. Not that I agree, it's just the way it is.

Ah, the wet blanket.

What we are trying to accomplish here is to give them a little something to think about Monday morning. Some of these reps might be looking for a good reason to bail out on the dispensaries and be done with it. Let's give them a reason. Or just give them your ideas. Make sure you tell them you heard about their participation in the bill.

Edited by Restorium2

Went for renewal today. One of the workers was stapling a large postcard to the inside of all the folders. The postcard was an advertisement for a dispensary in A2. I kindly detached the one in my folder and stated I did not want the advertising attached to my paperwork folder. Was disgusted by this. Around this area they are most certain they are legally operating and the Provision Centers Bill will be implemented. They have big $$$$$.

ive written them and told them how important it is for pts to have options. sadly i think this bill is horrible, just as horrible as the "grow it, deal with it, if you mess up just die" crowd here. I so do not support these bills, nor do i support disp, i support pts and i dont see anyone mentioning any options for the sick. If you truly feel you can take on a life or death need for this med with no options you are scary to me and shouldn't be a cg imo. whatever you may think of it, this is a agricultural thing, bunny muffin happens. (fill in the black ), happens and all your plants die. it can and does happen. as i said if you think your above it your a reject not fit for being a cg. your growing a plant, no one in the world can be infallible at that.

If you happen to be one of those perfect people.... this spring plant a garden outdoors. now tell yourself you and your family starve if that garden fails. You just may realize the importance of a farmers market. Options are the key, while Im not a fan of disp, i dont hear any other options.

Yes agreed if there are going to be any laws for these provisioning centers, they should only apply to the provisoning center, leave the pt, cg system alone, that would make all happy, people that would rather pay double for their meds can go to one, and c.gs may be able to supply them. i dont have a problem with taxes as far as any kinda provisioning centers go, they should have to at least pay sales tax, and I dont care if they have to 1099 a c.g for supplying them, and the c.g should only have to claim what he/she sold to a depsense and not their pt's.

we need a Happy medium for all! I truly dont think we need more than one despense per county, and they can do a lottery to see who gets the right to have a despense in that county, they should be taxed and pay employees and take taxes out and ssi, make it a legal taxable business for the whole speal, no non profit crap, to easy to scam! If they are going to do it they need to do it right! and the despense should have the burden of testing the meds, so the pts no excactly what they are getting, no c.gs have to have testing, NONE NADA! there pts are good enough testers!

Peace

Jim

p.s see northern im throwing ya a bone, i dont have a prob with testing as long as it isnt forced on me as just a c.g who supplys his pt's!

ive written them and told them how important it is for pts to have options. sadly i think this bill is horrible, just as horrible as the "grow it, deal with it, if you mess up just die" crowd here. I so do not support these bills, nor do i support disp, i support pts and i dont see anyone mentioning any options for the sick. If you truly feel you can take on a life or death need for this med with no options you are scary to me and shouldn't be a cg imo. whatever you may think of it, this is a agricultural thing, bunny muffin happens. (fill in the black ), happens and all your plants die. it can and does happen. as i said if you think your above it your a reject not fit for being a cg. your growing a plant, no one in the world can be infallible at that.

If you happen to be one of those perfect people.... this spring plant a garden outdoors. now tell yourself you and your family starve if that garden fails. You just may realize the importance of a farmers market. Options are the key, while Im not a fan of disp, i dont hear any other options.

Excellent points made. I see this bill as taking away choices though, not adding choices. When people can grow you have choices. The more growers the better. Dispensaries have shown that when they get their way they consolidate growing into warehouses and use local municipalities to limit the many faceted small grows. We have seen quotes from large dispensary suppliers that take the jobs of hundreds of independant small grows and reduce the variety to blasting us with just 4 strains that they picked. You will have what they decide you will have, and that's all you will have. I see the handwriting on the wall for the future if any of these dispensary bills pass. They expect us to line up at the dispensary, to suck up the slop they will serve us for big money, with no other choice.

I do understand your feelings and sometimes I get upset when I read post from others that say

Changes in the Law just last week won't hurt them with not even looking at the whole picture

They have all the Meds they need for them and their 5

Then grow Bob. You can but you don't. We know you can. You were the first to post pics here of your plants. What did you do with your grow rights? I use mine and I want to keep them. You don't so you don't care about it. You want to get on the dispensary dole.

The wording in any dispensary bill you will see WILL allow an option for extra regulations to limit medical marijuana. Again, a dispensary bill WILL be the tool for government to regulate and inspect your small grow. Of that there is no doubt. And it can get much worse than that. That is the minimum damage you will see. The dispensary advocates tell us they have no idea what the legislature will do with the wording behind our backs. They have nothing to lose so they don't care one bit about that. They are losing the game so they want to take the game board and flip it up into the air and see where the pieces land. They figure it's got to be better than what they have now, epic failure.

Then grow Bob. You can but you don't. We know you can. You were the first to post pics here of your plants. What did you do with your grow rights? I use mine and I want to keep them. You don't so you don't care about it. You want to get on the dispensary dole.

You have never seen any pic of my grow here but that's cool no worries here

you are wrong if you think we don't care we don't grow because the Law has

not worked for us and many that we don't here from

You would not grow ether if you have been to just one court case you would know that the only Protection any one has is the Affirmative defense in a real life Experience