Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

Well Herb it looks like the public would rather have me be your guest speaker.

I am free from any ones control you may like what I have to say?

What say ye group? Should I just talk there the 20 something?

That way everyone can rest at ease - wink.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the fact that the group fights a great deal of the time about our opinions (about anything, really) indicate that differing opinions ARE welcome here?

Zap, I agree that differing opinions should be welcome, however, they are not. a small clique here seems to prove it. The name calling and belittlement is not necessary to prove a point and to a certain degree shows the immaturity of the poster or the inability of the poster to come up with just the proper words. I believe that this site will be doomed, look now, what is there, a dozen or so regular posters and half of them have an attitude that is non conducive to our goals. Mark my words, they will bring down the 3MA, what a shame.

Does our legislature engage in this sort of name calling, I think not, people have got to learn that one can disagree without the bullying. I find it terribly offensive. I will continue to point it out when I see the name calling, it is not conducive to our cause and no one enjoys being called names. I want to be involved and have normal discussions. You can ban me if you want to, but I can not let this place fall into the crapper because of the few elites on here who have all the correct opinons.

Acceptable Use Policy - We are not all adults that come to this site for information so please keep the foul language to a minimum. We respect the right of the people to free speech, but this is a public site and the face of the medical marijuana movement. The change of people’s perception of medical cannabis starts here with this community. Moderators have the right to delete or edit any language deemed unfit for the forum.

Disagreements and heated debate are expected and encouraged here. State your case in calm, rational terms, use appropriate citations and experts to support your case and then listen to the replies of others in a thoughtful, open manner. You're perfectly free to disagree with anything posted on this forum and say so, just don't be disrespectful when doing it.

Personal attacks of any kind will be subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators or administrators. This includes topics posted against another member, or replies to another member in any topic.

I believe this policy is in place for a reason, what do you suppose that is.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Zap, I agree that differing opinions should be welcome, however, they are not. a small clique here seems to prove it. The name calling and belittlement is not necessary to prove a point and to a certain degree shows the immaturity of the poster or the inability of the poster to come up with just the proper words. I believe that this site will be doomed, look now, what is there, a dozen or so regular posters and half of them have an attitude that is non conducive to our goals. Mark my words, they will bring down the 3MA, what a shame.

Does our legislature engage in this sort of name calling, I think not, people have got to learn that one can disagree without the bullying. I find it terribly offensive. I will continue to point it out when I see the name calling, it is not conducive to our cause and no one enjoys being called names. I want to be involved and have normal discussions. You can ban me if you want to, but I can not let this place fall into the crapper because of the few elites on here who have all the correct opinons.

Acceptable Use Policy - We are not all adults that come to this site for information so please keep the foul language to a minimum. We respect the right of the people to free speech, but this is a public site and the face of the medical marijuana movement. The change of people’s perception of medical cannabis starts here with this community. Moderators have the right to delete or edit any language deemed unfit for the forum.

Disagreements and heated debate are expected and encouraged here. State your case in calm, rational terms, use appropriate citations and experts to support your case and then listen to the replies of others in a thoughtful, open manner. You're perfectly free to disagree with anything posted on this forum and say so, just don't be disrespectful when doing it.

Personal attacks of any kind will be subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators or administrators. This includes topics posted against another member, or replies to another member in any topic.

So what you're saying is, we should ban the people that you don't like? I'm not sure what you want from us. We don't have control over members, nor do we want that control. I think most of the people you are complaining about are only members, just like you. The mods step in when name calling happens.

In the past people were banned. Opinions were banned. That doesn't happen here anymore. Now if someone has an opposite opinion it is up to you to prove that your opinion is the correct one. If you lose the debate, it doesn't mean anyone was picking on you. It means you didn't make a succinct enough argument for your views.

There are a couple of people here that tend to be overbearing in their opinions. Shoot them down if they're wrong. It's an open forum and everyone has the right to express themselves and prove their points. If your points don't hold up to the scrutiny of debate, then maybe it's you that's wrong.

Well Herb it looks like the public would rather have me be your guest speaker.

I am free from any ones control you may like what I have to say?

What say ye group? Should I just talk there the 20 something?

That way everyone can rest at ease - wink.

Please come, I'm sure they'll give you the floor, maybe you would be a little more interesting than Jamie, who knows.

Jamie may be an advocate for the dispensaries, but, he is also very knowledgeable about mmj and the law. I have met him before and I believe that he is a good man. Don't let the clique here put ideas into your head, come to clare and give Jamie a chance, judge him for yourself, you may come away with a different point of view.

Someone needs to ask why all the growers around his dispensary are called home occupations and have to get a business license to grow.

I'm sure he will just say that it's not his fault. But how can you believe that when it makes him piles of money? I hope there's someone there that isn't so pissed off about it that they can actually ask the question. I know I would be just spitting mad even asking the question. If you see a red faced question asker it might be me. Do you think it would do any good to ask this question? Would it be worth my time to drive over there and ask it myself? Or can I count on some folks asking that one for us?

Do it yourself!

Well, there is no gain in being beligerant,... but it is a good question to ask and you can judge by his answers.

Civil discourse in disagreement can be enlightening.

Agreed, civil discourse can be enlightening, but, is the name calling and belittlement doing anything positive for the 3MA. That's my _itch, I don't believe them to be conducive for this sites longevity.

So what you're saying is, we should ban the people that you don't like? Show me where I said ban them. I'm not sure what you want from us. I want the bullying of posters to stop. We don't have control over members, nor do we want that control. I think most of the people you are complaining about are just members, just like you. The mods step in when name calling happens. Really! Celliach, you are here every day and you are not offended at the name calling. I cut and pasted a portion of the Acceptable use policy in my reply to Zap, I believe that should explain my ranting for the past couple of days. Bullying, name calling and the belittlement of others is not acceptable. All it is doing is cutting our throats. We can debate the issues without the garbage.

In the past people were banned. Opinions were banned. That doesn't happen here anymore. Now if someone has an opposite opinion it is up to you to prove that your opinion is the correct one. If you lose the debate, it doesn't mean anyone was picking on you. It means you didn't make a succinct enough argument for your views.

There are a couple of people here that tend to be overbearing in their opinions. Shoot them down if they're wrong. It's an open forum and everyone has the right to express themselves and prove their points. If your points don't hold up to the scrutiny of debate, then maybe it's you that's wrong. Points holding up to scrutiny are one thing, but calling people names does not. That is my problem, not rather my points are valid or not. You can rest assured, that I will point out this bad behavior every time I see it. It must stop, people must learn how to debate in a civil manner without resorting to name calling or I fear that it will be the down fall of this wonderful site.

I hope that you now understand what it is that bothers me so. It's not rather my opinions are valid or not, for Gods sakes, I will be the first to admit that I'm wrong, but it isn't necessary to insult folks. Others read this forum besides ourselves, how do you suppose they view the name calling and belittlement? Why do you suppose that there is an, "Acceptable Use Policy, what is the purpose?

Are you not doing the same name-calling you accuse the "elite" of? God, grow up dude. Are you going thru manopause or something? Geeze!

It isn't my maturity at question here, rather it is yours. I'd much rather be called an "elite," it's much easier to swallow than "idiot" don't you think?

As far as growing up goes, I did that in the 70's, how about yourself, when are you going to grow up?

I've been through "manopause" before you were born, quite likely. Per haps you should take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself the same questions you asked me.

Please familiarize yourself with the acceptable use policy of this site, you are WRONG, clean up your attitude and read that book I referenced in an earlier post, it deals in great part with a positive mental attitude, it may do you a world of good.

Right. Thanks to 'Jamie and the dispensary advocates' you have to get a business license to grow now. Then they send in the sniffer to see if you smell funny.

And now that's not even good enough for Jamie. They want criminal penalties for breaking their 'paid for' ordinances.

https://cityofypsila...%20Fact%20Sheet

All true with back up proof in the link. No name calling. No over bearingness(wordCelli?). Just even tempered logic. You can't make it anything other than that. And Jamie can't change things that he has already done. He can't pretend he didn't bust a move that made him money and took away a lot of folks grow rights. It's just there to be seen by anyone who wants to look. Ask the right question and he will have no where to hide.

Herb.

everyone is entitled to express themselves.

you complaining about people is contributing to the problem.

there is no elite group. we argue and debate amongst ourselves as much as with others.

the ones who are vocal are trying daily to keep it from being personal.

i remove personal attacks every time i see them.

all of us in the Staff do...

FYI the attendance is up. group participation is up. and members that have not posted in over a year are feeling more comfortable and are posting. please ask about facts of this sites participation before you sling disparities.

so now i say....enough of this site management and issues about members being discussed here in the Clare compassion club thread.

if you want to discuss it further...then please start a new thread.

do not attempt to belittle our site, its members or participation in debates since it is abundantly clear you have NOT been participating in those discussions.

there is a report button at the bottom of every post. i suggest everyone use it if you have a problem with someones words.

WE will deal with the people and or the issues.

the STAFF of the MMMA will handle the problems as they arise.

report the behavior. it will be dealt with.

Thank You.

John.

the best part is.... you guys say differing opinions are welcome, but i have yet to see a thread where they are not met with childish insults and overall absurdity. there is no civil discourse here, you guys go to sfc bunny muffin talking site for that. civil discourse only happens here when all those with a differ opinion leave or cease to speak. thats why i keep begging certain folks to just go to that site.... let us have this one for open talk and help. you guys can keep all the trash talking belittling insults over there. just an idea....

the best part is.... you guys say differing opinions are welcome, but i have yet to see a thread where they are not met with childish insults and overall absurdity. there is no civil discourse here, you guys go to sfc bunny muffin talking site for that. civil discourse only happens here when all those with a differ opinion leave or cease to speak. thats why i keep begging certain folks to just go to that site.... let us have this one for open talk and help. you guys can keep all the trash talking belittling insults over there. just an idea....

Important things are happening and all you want is this drama? There isn't one tiny bit of substance in this post you made. Are you going to ask Jamie the question OR WHAT? Get your head in your work.

Edited by Restorium2

Important things are happening and all you want is this drama? There isn't one tiny bit of substance in this post you made. Are you going to ask Jamie the question OR WHAT? Get your head in your work.

plenty of substance....maybe your part of the problem and that prevents you from seeing it..... no i don't want drama thats why i keep objecting to the way you guys act. am i going to ask jamie what question? why do i need to ask him, i dont even know him. My head is in my work, trying to keep it out of your petty distractions.

plenty of substance....maybe your part of the problem and that prevents you from seeing it..... no i don't want drama thats why i keep objecting to the way you guys act. am i going to ask jamie what question? why do i need to ask him, i dont even know him. My head is in my work, trying to keep it out of your petty distractions.

You can't even read the pages of the topic concerning your own compassion club. What kind of 'work' are you doing?

Mark

Edited by bobandtorey

Herb.

everyone is entitled to express themselves.

you complaining about people is contributing to the problem.

there is no elite group. we argue and debate amongst ourselves as much as with others.

the ones who are vocal are trying daily to keep it from being personal.

i remove personal attacks every time i see them.

all of us in the Staff do...

FYI the attendance is up. group participation is up. and members that have not posted in over a year are feeling more comfortable and are posting. please ask about facts of this sites participation before you sling disparities.

so now i say....enough of this site management and issues about members being discussed here in the Clare compassion club thread.

if you want to discuss it further...then please start a new thread.

do not attempt to belittle our site, its members or participation in debates since it is abundantly clear you have NOT been participating in those discussions.

there is a report button at the bottom of every post. i suggest everyone use it if you have a problem with someones words.

WE will deal with the people and or the issues.

the STAFF of the MMMA will handle the problems as they arise.

report the behavior. it will be dealt with.

Thank You.

John.

very good post and i agree John is under a lot of stress hang in their John we support you

You can't even read the pages of the topic concerning your own compassion club. What kind of 'work' are you doing?

yes ive read it, and re read it, even read a lot that was deleted.... so what question? if your question is so germane it seems you would have just restated it . but blabber on if you must....its not my compassion club, i make no decisions or choices, i dont speak for them. I attend meetings looking to garner info, and meet new people. if you have questions for this jamie guy, maybe you could show up and ask him yourself.

yes ive read it, and re read it, even read a lot that was deleted.... so what question? if your question is so germane it seems you would have just restated it . but blabber on if you must....its not my compassion club, i make no decisions or choices, i dont speak for them. I attend meetings looking to garner info, and meet new people. if you have questions for this jamie guy, maybe you could show up and ask him yourself.

It's there in Herbs post on the page just before this one. It's in my post that he quoted and outlined in RED.

Edited by Restorium2