Renewal Turnaround Time Lately?

yea ive used my card in court, I was in county jail in alpena when my 21 days was up, first yr, they were taking forever to get you your card, when I got out of jail, I sent all of my paperwork, which is by law supposed to be my card till my real plastic comes or a denial letter!

Well like i said I sent all paper work to my p.o, it realy hard to not know what it is. I did not write her a note saying or asking if since im a legal mm pt. can I use mm, I was already allowed to use methadone and xanax and a multi mix of rx recipee, so I send said paper work in, I go do my month urine screen and have the clinic send it to my p.o, I get a letter in the mail like quick that I violated probation for being pos for thc, I have to go to a probation hearing, I bring all of my paper work and anything I can think of to maybe keep me out of jail and using my meds!

The judge asked me why i dont have a card, I told him its taking 94 days or what ever it was at the time, he counts the days since my check was cashed and tells me ok than according to your words you should have you plastic card by this day, he adds like another week on, he says either fax us a copy of your card (plastic) on this day or show up for jail (for probation violation) i got my card before the day, I faxed a copy and it was done, I got to use my mm the rest of my probation period!

Maybe I was lucky, I know I was being a smart arse, but hey it worked, I wonder how many people in this state got to use mm during probation(my probation was for impaired driving,alcohol) no mm found on me, no blood work, i did their pbt and flunked them no doubt, my bad, my fault, but i figured if they were going to let me use methadone and xanax it should be a no brainer to get to use mm since I was legal!  obviously my p.o did not agree, but the judge did and that is all that mattered to me!

Peace

Jim

yea ive used my card in court, I was in county jail in alpena when my 21 days was up, first yr, they were taking forever to get you your card, when I got out of jail, I sent all of my paperwork, which is by law supposed to be my card till my real plastic comes or a denial letter!

Well like i said I sent all paper work to my p.o, it realy hard to not know what it is. I did not write her a note saying or asking if since im a legal mm pt. can I use mm, I was already allowed to use methadone and xanax and a multi mix of rx recipee, so I send said paper work in, I go do my month urine screen and have the clinic send it to my p.o, I get a letter in the mail like quick that I violated probation for being pos for thc, I have to go to a probation hearing, I bring all of my paper work and anything I can think of to maybe keep me out of jail and using my meds!

The judge asked me why i dont have a card, I told him its taking 94 days or what ever it was at the time, he counts the days since my check was cashed and tells me ok than according to your words you should have you plastic card by this day, he adds like another week on, he says either fax us a copy of your card (plastic) on this day or show up for jail (for probation violation) i got my card before the day, I faxed a copy and it was done, I got to use my mm the rest of my probation period!

Maybe I was lucky, I know I was being a smart arse, but hey it worked, I wonder how many people in this state got to use mm during probation(my probation was for impaired driving,alcohol) no mm found on me, no blood work, i did their pbt and flunked them no doubt, my bad, my fault, but i figured if they were going to let me use methadone and xanax it should be a no brainer to get to use mm since I was legal!  obviously my p.o did not agree, but the judge did and that is all that mattered to me!

Peace

Jim

i do think you got lucky as we also did back then but it wouldn't happen that way today in  (Oakland County)

Thanks Jim

Peace

i do think you got lucky as we also did back then but it wouldn't happen that way today in  (Oakland County)

Thanks Jim

Peace

Yea id have to think I got lucky also, and I realy didnt care, I was ready to go back for the 30 days if I had to lol!

well back to the o.p original subject, my pt and i got our cards me a c.g and her a pt card in less than 21 days this yr!

When I turned in my pt paper work, I sent it in on nov 10, my card expired on 12-1 so I actualy gave them 21 days ( or me, how ever you want to look at it) I got my card on the day my old one expired 12-1,  21 days after sending in my paper work!  but like some one said not every one will get it as quick, I beleive the c.g turn around is because they are making sure you are not a fellon of any kind, man only by the grace of your god I never got a fellony!  time for me to just chill and watch the wheels go round and round lol!

Peace Bro

Jim

I've seen people with my own eyeballs use their card in court Bob.

Just because you didn't have one.....pffft.

Your right

maybe i should use better words 

1. i would never tell anyone not to get their card

2. I do tell them not to tell anyone that they have a grow

some people still think that by us having a card things would have not happen like they did 

i get calls every day from people that have been raided and the stories i here most from them is they don't know why they where raided they had their grow room locked or my outside grow had a top or the fence post on their outside grow couldn't be moved 

i say to them do you really think you were raided because of a lock or its about a fence post 

and then tell them you where raided because Marihuana is not Legal in the U.S,A it only allows you  accuse to grow or use Marihuana for Medical reasons only

and then the first time you show up in court you say yes i am guilty for doing so but i was given the OK by my Doctor and the judge says OK is that Doctor here today and then your Lawyer speaks up for you  and tell the judge we can have him here next time we come Judge 

the judge say's OK i will see you back here in about 4 years

cant you guys stay on topic?

according to the 2013 report (detailing the 2012 fy) 

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Section_726_1_Medical_Marijuana_FY2013_408042_7.pdf

3. The average amount of time, from receipt to approval or denial, to process
an initial application.
The average amount of time, from receipt to approval or denial, to
process an initial application at the end of FY 2012 was 17 (calendar)
days.

6. The average amount of time, from receipt to approval or denial, to process
a renewal application.

The average amount of time, from receipt to approval or denial, to
process an initial application at the end of FY 2012 was 17 (calendar)
days.

(i think they meant renewal here, or its just a bad copy paste and they dont really care and are making this up)

The percentage of registry cards for approved initial applications not
issued within the time requirements at the end of FY 2012 was 1%.

(same with renewals)

oh wait i misread that. the "time requirements". what were those in 2012? 25 business days?

Edited by t-pain

Yep you will have to depend on your paperwork. They have no time to get cards out on time they are too busy fixing OTHER things in the program. Like fixing the panel and taking SSD off the list of qualifiers for discounted rate. Real funny how everyone including the politicians told them to start getting the cards out on time and yet they still REFUSE........... They have time to fix other SO CALLED ISSUES but damned if they can even do the one task they are in charge of on time.........

Edited to add...... 17 days?????????? That is a joke and a flat out lie...........

I will post how long it takes to get my renewal back, as I will be sending it soon............ I was not even gonna renew. The way I figure it they will do many more things to trip the system up and cause problems for all of us and they will do it as sneaky as possible, you know to HELP THE PATIENTS...... But decided I will send in my renewal ( Like the idiot that I am)....... Reality is I think they figure they can get all of us on something sooner or later.......... even if it means trumping or clogging something up.

Edited by ozzrokk

I think it's another set-up by the State and most still think they can use the card in a court room 

know one has to believe it or me all they need to do is show up at someones court day and find out ( Oakland County) 

theirs other County also too many to to post here

Bob, no-one can understand what they put you through. Only one that might come close is Kpinn.

A small consolation, I know, but : I Dont think they would ever mess with you again.

How do you think you [or anyone] would fair without the card?

I think you might agree: it's Cheap Insurance at least ?

Dont get caught with your drawers down!

:notfair: 

C.Y.A!

Edited by solabeirtan

My check for a renewal was cashed on 4/24 (it took a lot longer than normal this year, a good 10 days to cash my check).  I received my card on 6/6 (4 days after my card expired).  Total time from check cashing was 43 days.  I sent the check/application in almost the full 60 days in advance that you are allowed, and it took everyone of those 60 days to get my card.  

17 days, my donkey.  Do we know ANYONE who has had their card turned around in 17 days?  When are they starting the clock on that?  It can not be from the time they receive the application.

Bob, no-one can understand what they put you through. Only one that might come close is Kpinn.

A small consolation, I know, but : I Dont think they would ever mess with you again.

How do you think you [or anyone] would fair without the card?

I think you might agree: it's Cheap Insurance at least ?

Dont get caught with your drawers down!

:notfair:

C.Y.A!

i would never tell anyone not to get their card 

i would still like to see that someone had been able to use it in court in front of a jury trail 

They have been over to my new home 2 times already in the last two mouths 

Edited by bobandtorey

I think it's another set-up by the State and most still think they can use the card in a court room 

know one has to believe it or me all they need to do is show up at someones court day and find out ( Oakland County) 

theirs other County also too many to to post here

You were there for mine, Michael got me off those charges ONLY cause I have a legit card.. if i didn't have that you and I both know I would be in shackles doing 2 years manditory for my pistol..

But its true, marijuana is still illegal..any judge will tell you that its a Federal crime. You just got screwed harder then everyone else.. bad luck, I dunno.. Least you guys can start moving forward with new chapters in your lives again.

Edit: Glad it never went to the trial phase or it would have been game over for me..

You were there for mine, Michael got me off those charges ONLY cause I have a legit card.. if i didn't have that you and I both know I would be in shackles doing 2 years manditory for my pistol..

But its true, marijuana is still illegal..any judge will tell you that its a Federal crime. You just got screwed harder then everyone else.. bad luck, I dunno.. Least you guys can start moving forward with new chapters in your lives again.

Edit: Glad it never went to the trial phase or it would have been game over for me..

Glad it never went to the trial phase or it would have been game over for me

You think you would of lost if your case went to Trial?

if so then why is it that we here on these forums that people our getting their case's dismissed all the time and that the cards are working just fine

thats the part i am not understanding i here Mal say it over and over i do agree that some are getting dismissed at the lower level courts as with our case so long as no appeal  comes from a prosecutor but this is a State Law not a county by county Law and the people that i see in the courts today our being screwed  over and can't even use any kind of meds not just medical marihuana but all drugs (Pain Pills)