Diet Has A Drastic Affect On Pain

jamf

yeah, its best to be skinny as possible when you have chronic pain.  Its difficult, pain is a stressor that can make people crave comfort foods.

Another thing to avoid is dairy.  The milk protein, casein causes inflammation.  Supposedly its used as glue in industrial applications.  It clogs up my sinuses.  Also dairy is too salty.  Salt is what makes people crave dairy. 

Buy some unsalted butter and see how much you use on your toast.  Try some salt-free cheese.  Remove the salt from dairy and most people aren't gonna eat it.

sodium raises blood pressure, not salt. sodium. Real salt is actually used to lower blood pressure. Sodium is the chemical left behind when salt is stripped of its other constituents, for the manufacturing industry. Many textiles, plastics, metals, ec require large amounts of sodium to be processed. This sodium, often in abundance, is approved and sold to the masses as salt. There are some greats reads on the subject, and how it became "acceptable".

Table salt placed into a jar of vinegar will violently erupt in the acid(think about your stomach?) while real salt gently comes to rest at the bottom, and dissolve.

sounds like the fluoride conspiracy.  Which I believe in

sodium raises blood pressure, not salt. sodium. Real salt is actually used to lower blood pressure. Sodium is the chemical left behind when salt is stripped of its other constituents, for the manufacturing industry. Many textiles, plastics, metals, ec require large amounts of sodium to be processed. This sodium, often in abundance, is approved and sold to the masses as salt. There are some greats reads on the subject, and how it became "acceptable".

Table salt placed into a jar of vinegar will violently erupt in the acid(think about your stomach?) while real salt gently comes to rest at the bottom, and dissolve.

• 2 months later...

White colored table salt is a manufactured by product. Initially when mined it has many minerals. The salt is not white, rather it has veins of grey to black. The refinement process removes all of the minerals.  That makes it a byproduct. It is not in its original form.

The body requires mineralized salt. Some good organic salts are Redman's, Himalayan, Celtic Sea salt.

White salt is bad for the heart, actually the whole body. Real salt is good for the heart as it helps lower blood pressure. Real salt is beneficial to the entire body. 

Removing white salt, bread, corn syrup, aspartame, sugar and MSG will reduce inflammation.

Reducing my consumption of bread and sugar has helped considerably  with inflammation in my backs lumbar area.

Hasn't done much for my cervical radiculopathy. Nerve pain is a difficult one to tame.  

• 7 months later...

It has been months since I ate any bread (and gluten products), potatoes, sugar, sugar substitutes, dairy and all processed foods. I also take a Turmeric supplement each day which is supposed to help with inflammation. I haven't noticed any difference what so ever.  I am at a loss for the reason but hoping my initiation into the world of MM will help me.

oh that reminds me i just bought some fresh tumeric root. going to have to go juice that.

i agree with everyone here, white table salt is not good for you, and salt/sodium is in everything proccessed. cut the salt from your diet and switch to sea salt if need be.

i switched to ms dash herb-spice instead of seasoning salt.

its just onion, peppers, etc, no sodium and it tastes ok.

http://www.dearbornfreshsupermarket.com/

off mich ave and schafer in dearborn. big ethnic middle-eastern grocery store.

they have seasonal items like fresh raw green almonds, fresh raw pistacio nuts, etc.

you might be able to find tumeric root at other groceries like korean, chinese, indian, mexican?

although i dont remember ever seeing it before. i was very excited to find the fresh stuff.

or it looks like you can just get it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Yellow-Turmeric-Root-1lb/dp/B004XTDNJE

good luck to ya. let me know if amazon works i might use that next time.

i remembered i was also able to make special orders for rare fruits and vegetables from randazzos fruit on 13 mile. but only the 13 mile store, the other stores dont do special orders. also i had to order like $50 worth of fruit (one fruit box worth).

http://randazzofreshmarket.com/locations/

so they might also be able to help.

Edited by t-pain

i dont know what the hell kind of salt you buy but i mix salt and vinegar all the time, no reactions like that.

salt is mined or evaporated, it was mined in michigan for years. table salt is NOT a manufacturing byproduct.

http://www.mortonsalt.com/salt-facts/salt-production-and-processing

good read on the subject=http://www.amazon.com/Water-Salt-Essence-Healing-Nature/dp/B001DVZMW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417180092&sr=8-1&keywords=himalayan+salt%2C+water+book

• 1 month later...

found some reasonably priced large root tumeric at the asian (chinese) grocery store at telegraph and joy rd.

tumeric.jpg

Asian Supermarket Retail & Wholesale

8641 North Telegraph Road, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

(313) 274-3100

might want to call first, there wasnt a whole lot of it, it was sitting next to the fresh lotus root. dont get the wrong one haha!

Edited by t-pain

some foods like soybean oil (salad dressing, mayonaise, etc) increase inflammation, whereas salmon reduces inflammation.

Ive found diet to have a bigger affect on chronic pain than even opiate pain meds.

I can write more if anyone is interested.

I am interested in learning more imiubu please. Thank you.

Peace...

When i asked my m.d. about diet yesterday, he didn't have much to say. However, he brought out a device that is worn behind a person's ear. Looked like of a pair of earbuds attached to a rectangular block of plastic 2" x 1/2".  he said in some people it blocks out all pain from every part of the body. He said peeps haven't wanted to use them til this new mnfr brot out one 1/10 the size of earlier models.  he said he's pushing it due to new regs that make it cumbersome to prescribe opiates.

Edited by pic book

I weighed 278lbs I went down to 165 and than leveled out around 200, I would like to get to 190 and stay there, Im 6' tall and that is my comfortable weight, the only thing I gave up was every thing lol, mostly I gave up dairy products and carbs, you can eat meat untill you feel like your gonna explode and still lose weight, I was buying them boxes of bacon that you micro wave, bacon bits also, the real ones not the hard ones,,,,kinda like the atkins diet, I didnt follow no directions I just quit eating carbs and dairy, I still used table salt..

detroit has like a zillion miles of salt mines under it!

Peace

For me pain affects my diet,I lose weight the more pain am in....

being on bed rest the last few months am down 17 lbs.

Cannabis helps make me hungry, but when hurts to breath, its hard to move to make meals.

I have a problem keeping weight on, am not hungry at all when am in pain, and thats a lot of the time. 

I have a hard time with my hands and arms, I stop eating because it hurts to much to bring the food to my mouth or cut my food up.

I gained weight when I went through detox from all the pills, but once my body healed, I lost the weight.

If only Mcdonalds delivered... :stuff:

Winter is hard on a person who is underweight, i get sick or hurt once and I will be down lbs in no time.

I think when your body is in knotted spasms all day it is using its resources to heal or fight, you burn through those lbs fast.

• 1 month later...

You can get tumeric capsules at whole foods.  Every little thing you do can add up.  I think it helps.  Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread.  I am always suprised by how little most folks pay attention to diet, including most docs.  Good day to all.

Peace...